PDA

View Full Version : How 7 things that have nothing to do with rape perfectly illustrate the concept of consent

Kazimiera
07-01-2015, 06:27 AM
How 7 things that have nothing to do with rape perfectly illustrate the concept of consent

http://upw-prod-images.global.ssl.fastly.net/nugget/558d9997396163002c8b0000/attachments/metaphors-footer1-db1aecfc98874dd2598f543f28a45572.jpg

Bezprym
07-01-2015, 06:37 AM
It actually works this way. Or, in other words to be more precise, rapists try to rationalise their deeds in this scheme. I watched "Sędzia Anna Maria Wesołowska" once, where prosecuted was a teenager, for a rape. The dialogue between him and prosecutor looked like this:

Convicted:
- But she agreed, and firstly she wanted to have sex.

Prosecutor:
- And what she said later?

Convicted:
- She started to resist, but she said she's fine with that earlier.

Prosecutor:
- In a moment when you have sex with a girl, this girl says "Stop", you must stop, and you - as a sexual partner - have no right to proceed. Otherwise it is rape.

I remember this dialogue and actually this episode was my favourite of those which I have watched.

Neon Knight
07-01-2015, 07:11 AM
The first and last are not good analogies. Suppose you give someone who is thirsty a glass of water then, when they are half way through drinking it, you say you've changed your mind and snatch the glass away - not reasonable behaviour.

A woman dressing like a tart is not an excuse for a rapist but it is a little mitigating, given male human nature.

Bezprym
07-01-2015, 07:15 AM
A woman dressing like a tart is not an excuse for a rapist but it is a little mitigating, given male human nature.

Here I can only disagree.

If a male is unable to block his urge, and interprete women's appearance as "I let you to f*ck me" rather than "Look how I'm pretty", there is no difference between him and wild animal. Wild animals, who are dangerous, are put to sleep. So should be such male.

Unome
07-01-2015, 07:19 AM
Rape in the US is when a female regrets having sex anytime afterward, maybe even years later.

Rape in the US is also when a female realizes she was tricked with "I love you", also known as "pump & dump".

Sockorer
07-01-2015, 07:23 AM
Feminists are almost as autistic as Libertarians and Communists.

Neon Knight
07-01-2015, 07:33 AM
Here I can only disagree.

If a male is unable to block his urge, and interprete women's appearance as "I let you to f*ck me" rather than "Look how I'm pretty", there is no difference between him and wild animal. Wild animals, who are dangerous, are put to sleep. So should be such male.

I'm not saying it should make a big difference, but with a case like this: https://slayingevil.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/ivy-slut-dress-f001.jpg the sentence should be about 15% shorter. Humans are creatures of cause and effect as much as animals, just more complex.

Breedingvariety
07-01-2015, 07:53 AM
The first and last are not good analogies.
The first is the best example. Yet, it is so common in life. Rape is just one instance. I bet whitey thinks blackie is being a jerk and proceeds to force him to do something he now realizes he doesn't want to do. Now blackie has only two choices: he either has to get involved in a conflict or he has to submit to whitey's will. Whitey is clearly imposing his will and it's even a situation where he isn't gaining any other direct benefit except dominance. Whitey is being a jerk who thinks of himself as the good guy.

Bezprym
07-01-2015, 08:00 AM
I'm not saying it should make a big difference, but with a case like this: https://slayingevil.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/ivy-slut-dress-f001.jpg the sentence should be about 15% shorter. Humans are creatures of cause and effect as much as animals, just more complex.

Hm...

Imagine quite opposite situation. There is a guy named, let's say, Sid. Sid is very rich. He drives some newest model of Lamborghini (if it is expensive in fact, I'm not a fan of cars to be honest), he wears some expensive clothes etc. There is a woman that see he is rich. They are in relationship, they get married, his belongings are now their belongings. They get a divorce and his wealth is divided. Sid is very pissed off that a woman seemed to be attracted to his money more than to him.

Should he be less pissed off because he was driving Lamborghini instead of some older Volksvagen and he was wearing expensive clothes instead of clothes from second-hand shop?

I think he should not. As male see attractive woman exposing some parts of body, same is with woman who see how much money does guy have. However, it is our decision what we do with it. Not every male will be a rapist, and not every female will be a gold digger. It was just an example, of course, nothing better came to my mind.

Temptation is normal, however. Women, who wear that kind of clothes in public should be aware that there are men who may harm them. But I doubt if this should be considered on a trial. Otherwise, we can also talk about drunk guys who rape women - their perception was a bit different, they will not do this while being sober etc. But being drunk, and being not "himself" at that particular moment is not an excuse. Same with clothings. No one forces a guy to unzip his pants. If he is aroused and he (somehow) must do something with that, he has plenty of different options to achieve a relief. First, he can visit a prostitute (obviously, we are all very lawful people, so I am talking here about countries where prostitution is legal), or he can masturbate.

Breedingvariety
07-01-2015, 08:51 AM
The first and last are not good analogies. Suppose you give someone who is thirsty a glass of water then, when they are half way through drinking it, you say you've changed your mind and snatch the glass away - not reasonable behaviour.
Blackie didn't ask to show him the movie. He might not even wanted to watch the movie. Possibly he was just being polite agreeing to watch the movie even if he would rather be doing something else. But the movie was awful so he decides going along with whiteys plan is just too much sacrifice, yet now the whitey isn't playing polite games anymore. Now he is insisting blackie watch the movie regardless, even if it is the worst movie ever. Blackie, you have to do as I say, whitey proclaims indignantly.

Bobby Martnen
09-03-2018, 09:07 PM
:picard2: