PDA

View Full Version : Afghan rebels 'seize US soldiers'

Loki
07-24-2010, 04:27 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-10750967

Two US soldiers have been captured by Taliban insurgents in eastern Afghanistan, reports say.

An Afghan official says the two men were seized in Logar province after an exchange of fire with the militants on Friday.

Nato officials later said only that two US soldiers were missing and the search for them was under way.

The US military later offered a $20,000 (£12,956) reward for the information leading to the safe release of the men.

RoyBatty
07-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Wonder if the media would be calling fighters "rebels" and "insurgents" if, for example, they were Americans who caught Aztlan invaders crossing over from the Mexican border.

Bloodeagle
07-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Wonder if the media would be calling fighters "rebels" and "insurgents" if, for example, they were Americans who caught Aztlan invaders crossing over from the Mexican border.
If they were drug mules caught crossing the American border they would be labeled as (illegal aliens) searching for a better life in America.
I am sure the Taliban have a few choice words about Americans crossing their borders.

Concerning the Americans that were captured by the Taliban, it reads like they were being cowboys and not following orders to return to base.:coffee:

When you play with fire expect to get burned.;)

Germanicus
07-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Let's all hope they get back to their families safely.:(

RoyBatty
07-24-2010, 09:23 PM
I am sure the Taliban have a few choice words about Americans crossing their borders.

Yeah. Presumably they all watched pirate DVD copies of Red Dawn at some point. :D

Concerning the Americans that were captured by the Taliban, it reads like they were being cowboys and not following orders to return to base.:coffee:

When you play with fire expect to get burned.;)

Seems like it, perhaps they were off on some adventure. Heck, if it were me I'd probably have done the same thing. Months in that place gunning for Rockefeller, Soros and Rothschild will drive anybody nuts.