PDA

View Full Version : Turks protesting against China attack Koreans 'by mistake'

Goujian
07-05-2015, 02:47 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/turks-protesting-against-china-attack-koreans-mistake-193516278.html?bcmt=1436041523954-85fbc6d5-4222-4075-a0b4-f02bbfb487fb_00003b000000000000000000000000-7dc73a71-c631-44fc-bf06-a0b1c6d0ec7b&bcmt_s=u#mediacommentsugc_container

Turkish nationalists protesting China's treatment of ethnic Uighur Muslims attacked a group of Korean tourists in the heart of Istanbul's old city on Saturday, mistaking them for Chinese nationals.

Hundreds of angry protesters marched towards the Topkapi Palace on the banks of the Bosphorus Strait in a show of solidarity with the Turkic Uigurs, who complain of cultural and religious suppression under Chinese rule.

Shouting "Allahu Akbar" (God is the Greatest), they attacked some Koreans outside the Topkapi Palace, which is visited by thousands of tourists every day.

The tourists were rescued by riot police, who fired tear gas to disperse the attackers, members of the notorious far-right Grey Wolves closely affiliated with Nationalist Movement Party (MHP).

Video footage by Dogan news agency showed a distraught Korean tourist telling reporters: "I'm not Chinese, I'm Korean."

The incident came amid a row between Ankara and Beijing over Turkish media reports of restrictions on Muslim Uighurs worshipping and fasting during the holy month of Ramadan.

Turkey this week summoned the Chinese ambassador to convey its concern over the alleged restrictions. Beijing in turn denied the allegations and demanded that Turkey clarify its statements.

A total of 173 Uighurs arrived in Turkey from Thailand on Tuesday where they were being held after fleeing China. Beijing expressed displeasure with Turkey on Friday for accepting the group.

Over the last week hundreds of Turkish nationalists across the country have demonstrated to protest China's alleged Ramadan bans.

A popular Chinese restaurant in Istanbul was attacked on Wednesday and had its windows smashed by a group protesters who did not realise it was Turkish-owned and that its chef was an ethnic Uighur.

A predominantly Muslim country, Turkey shares linguistic and religious links with the Uighur community, which has several associations here.

http://www.dha.com.tr/dhavideogaleri.asp?vid=972451

aksakallicocuk
07-05-2015, 03:02 AM
LOL i am ashamed :(

Ryujin
07-05-2015, 03:15 AM
A bunch of idiots. I'm nationalist but grey wolves and MHP have been out of their mind nowadays. Allahu Akbar is their usual slogan, but they literally have nothing to do with religion, I mean, they're not islamists. They attacked an islamist newspaper's headquarters for insulting Ataturk. But anyways I kinda despise them, they seem pretty much confused and don't know what they are doing. Grey Wolves feed on lost youth. Fuckin' douchebags attacked our kin, brother Koreans.

aksakallicocuk
07-05-2015, 03:30 AM
A bunch of idiots. I'm nationalist but grey wolves and MHP have been out of their mind nowadays. Allahu Akbar is their usual slogan, but they literally have nothing to do with religion, I mean, they're not islamists. They attacked an islamist newspaper's headquarters for insulting Ataturk. But anyways I kinda despise them, they seem pretty much confused and don't know what they are doing. Grey Wolves feed on lost youth. Fuckin' douchebags attacked our kin, brother Koreans.

i am a MHP supporter but they are bunch of violent dogs. They act like they are using drugs.

Ryujin
07-05-2015, 03:34 AM
i am a MHP supporter but they are bunch of violent dogs. They act like they are using drugs.

I thought MHP was trying to evolve into a centre-right party, they need to disband this paramilitar organization.

Musso
07-05-2015, 03:48 AM
Shouting "Allahu Akbar" .....:rolleyes:

Goujian
07-05-2015, 04:58 AM

I think she has an American accent. Probably Korean-American?

Kamal900
07-05-2015, 10:52 AM

I think she has an American accent. Probably Korean-American?

Not really since i do know some Chinese friends here who can speak English very well.

Infinite
07-05-2015, 10:54 AM

Kamal900
07-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Attacking a group of innocent people who have nothing to do with the Uighurs plight is a fine example of pan-Turanian bullshit.

Infinite
07-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Attacking a group of innocent people who have nothing to do with the Uighurs plight is a fine example of pan-Turanian bullshit.

Really? Can i walk in arab countries with my atheist writing t-shirts?

Its just ignorance. Just like 6-7 september events about Greek people in Istanbul. News, politicians talk about they kill cyprus turks. Then our some nationalists want to kill all greeks in Turkey. xD

Kamal900
07-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Really? Can i walk in arab countries with my atheist writing t-shirts?

Its just ignorance. Just like 6-7 september events about Greek people in Istanbul. News, politicians talk about they kill cyprus turks. Then our some nationalists want to kill all greeks in Turkey. xD

I'm an Arab, and I'm an atheist as well, and really, it depends on which Arab country you are referring to. If you wore that in Lebanon, nobody gives a crap since the nation has freedom of speech, and a lot of the populace there are atheists. Anyway, i was referring to that pan-Turkic ideology that a lot of these so called nationalists adhere that attacked a group of innocent tourists who were just minding their own business. Any pan-ideologies are just as worst as the rest including pan-Arabism.

Böri
07-05-2015, 11:16 AM
The group shouldn't be dismembered, they are the only group of Turks present in the streets and countering Communists and Kurds. What they did here seems very ignorant and intolerant though.

aksakallicocuk
07-05-2015, 11:19 AM
The group shouldn't be dismembered, they are the only group of Turks present in the streets and countering Communists and Kurds. What they did here seems very ignorant and intolerant though.

İ am officially a member of them. İf they do one retarded thing like that i am gonna dumb them :picard2:

Infinite
07-05-2015, 11:55 AM
I'm an Arab, and I'm an atheist as well, and really, it depends on which Arab country you are referring to. If you wore that in Lebanon, nobody gives a crap since the nation has freedom of speech, and a lot of the populace there are atheists. Anyway, i was referring to that pan-Turkic ideology that a lot of these so called nationalists adhere that attacked a group of innocent tourists who were just minding their own business. Any pan-ideologies are just as worst as the rest including pan-Arabism.

Lebanon isnt muslim country so

Imam
07-11-2015, 06:16 AM
Delete