PDA

View Full Version : Can someone from Spain help me with some info?

Curiosity
07-12-2015, 12:07 AM
Hello!

I need to know somethings about my grandfather and about my great-grandparents. My grandfather was born in a place called San Ciprián, in Pontevedra. He was deceased a long time ago, but I have some of his documents. In one of them the name of the city is written San Ciprián, other San Cipriano and in his Baptism certificate it is written San Cipriano de Rivarteme. In a google search I found one place called "San Cibrao de Ribarteme". Is it all the same? How is it called now?

I need to find out where his parents were born, and all I have is their names, nothing else. Does anyone have a clue on how could I find out these things?

If one of you could provide me with any info about this, will be of great help.

Thanks!

ius semper
07-12-2015, 12:23 AM
Well, san cipriano or san ciprian de ribertemes ( galician or castillian/spanish) is not a village but a parish integrated in the municipe of nieves in pontevedra. So san ciprian isnt a town but a parish that belongs to that municipe. Now, if you want to know more about your ancestors, then I think you should first take a look at your family tree or files that may give you information. If not, maybe in nieves,pontevedra you can find online some kind of help. Hope it helped

Curiosity
07-12-2015, 01:46 AM
Thanks, guys! You were both very helpful.:thumb001:

If anyone else has anymore information on how to find out where my great-grandparents were born, will still help me. :)