PDA

View Full Version : Was Jesus crucified on Wednesday or Friday?

Aragorn
11-07-2008, 08:59 AM
I think this subject is important among Christian discussions. Iam interested what our christian members think about this:

Pleas read the full article on the link below.

The argument for the Wednesday crucifixion theory primarily stems from Matthew 12:40 which states. “For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.” The proponents of this argument say that in order for Jesus to prove that He is the Messiah that He must have met this condition or He could not be the Messiah. We are not going to go into this prophecy as it is greatly abused by the enemy because it is not understood by the majority, but Daniel 9:24-27 proves beyond doubt that Jesus was in fact the Messiah. This is the most powerful and perfect Messianic prophecy in the Word of God proving that Jesus was the Christ. So regardless as to how long Jesus was in the grave, we need not have any doubt that Jesus is the One.

The proponents of the Wednesday crucifixion theory say they have back tracked the Jewish calendar and established that the Passover Sabbath occurred on the Thursday of the week of Christ’s crucifixion and that the Sabbath referred to is not the weekly Sabbath but the Passover only. Before establishing if there is any truth in this statement, observe the following table for an understanding of this entire event.

http://www.wednesdaycrucifixion.com/

Beorn
11-09-2008, 02:51 PM
I had never realised that the day of Jesus' crucifixion was disputed.

What would be more pertinent is whether Jesus was born in the Winter or the Summer?

http://www.new-life.net/chrtms10.htm

Æmeric
11-10-2008, 12:56 AM
I thought he was crucified on the Passover which fell on a Friday as he was placed in the tomb just before the Sabbath (Saturday) - the Jewish day starting at sunset - & he was resurrected on Sunday.