PDA

View Full Version : R1a in Norway

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
07-15-2015, 09:14 PM
This is common Y-DNA in Norway and also I have heard a theory that says Germanics were mostly R1a before mixing with R1b.

What does this tell us about Norwegians? Or Germanics as a whole.

I know outside of Norway R1a is very common among Slavs.

Maybe the Germanics and Slavs are closer than I thought.

07-16-2015, 08:53 PM
bump.

Era
07-16-2015, 08:55 PM
It means you're a slav :D

07-16-2015, 08:58 PM
It means you're a slav :D

I see what you mean, but it is not so simple.

R1a is common in Norway. You are calling many Norwegians Slavs.

The specific branch of R1a common in Norway is different than the branches common among Slavs.

Era
07-16-2015, 08:59 PM
I see what you mean, but it is not so simple.

R1a is common in Norway. You are calling many Norwegians Slavs.

The specific branch of R1a common in Norway is different than the branches common among Slavs.

Ok it might be an ancient split but the origin is common

07-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Ok it might be an ancient split but the origin is common

Most Germanics don't have R1a, it's just common in Norway.

Probably because we're the purest Germanics :D

I would think the original Germanics were all R1a

but they have mixed heavily with other peoples.

Era
07-16-2015, 09:03 PM
Most Germanics don't have R1a, it's just common in Norway.

Probably because we're the purest Germanics :D

I would think the original Germanics were all R1a

but they have mixed heavily with other peoples.

what? R1a is slav not germanic

Your only argument may be that you are different from present day slavs

07-16-2015, 09:05 PM

its just a theory.

IMO the original Germanics must have had R1a otherwise why is it common in Norway? Don't tell me Norwegians were Slavs originally :D

I think the reason most Germanics don't have R1a today is because they are mixed now.

07-16-2015, 09:10 PM
"R1a-Z284 is a Scandinavian subclade with an epicentre in Norway. It is found also in places colonised by the Norwegian Vikings, like some parts of Scotland, England and Ireland. Several subclades were identified, including L448, L176.1, Z287/Z288, Z66 and Z281 about which little is known at the moment."

07-16-2015, 09:29 PM

Your only argument may be that you are different from present day slavs

Well

I wonder if Norwegians and Slavs are actually closer than we think, or the ones that have the R1a haplogroup.

Mazik
07-16-2015, 09:47 PM
I1 is the most common haplogroup in Sweden and Norway.

07-16-2015, 09:48 PM
I1 is the most common haplogroup in Sweden and Norway.

I am well aware.

R1a is common, though.

drgs
07-16-2015, 09:52 PM
Well

I wonder if Norwegians and Slavs are actually closer than we think, or the ones that have the R1a haplogroup.

I1 is more important in Norwegians, R1a is not a major Y-dna, although it reaches high shares in some parts of Norway

The connection is likely via værings in northern part of Russia, which did not differ much from scandinavian ones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyUGAZZ1AEk&feature=youtu.be&t=2m32s

07-16-2015, 10:04 PM
I1 is more important in Norwegians, R1a is not a major Y-dna, although it reaches high shares in some parts of Norway

The connection is likely via værings in northern part of Russia, which did not differ much from scandinavian ones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyUGAZZ1AEk&feature=youtu.be&t=2m32s

Do you think Slavs and Norwegians with R1a share common origin?

Dombra
07-16-2015, 10:09 PM
The original bringers of IE languages might have been R1a but the people who developed Germanic were mostly I1

XenophobicPrussian
07-16-2015, 10:11 PM
Do you think Slavs and Norwegians with R1a share common origin?
R1a in Norway is from Corded Ware. When they arrived in Scandinavia/Germany they were still proto-Slavs, aka, not Slavs.

07-16-2015, 10:12 PM
The original bringers of IE languages might have been R1a but the people who developed Germanic were mostly I1

I see.

Do you think the Norwegians with R1a and Slavs share a common origin?

XenophobicPrussian
07-16-2015, 10:13 PM
I see.

Everyone shares a common origin. How far back are you talking?

07-16-2015, 10:13 PM
R1a in Norway is from Corded Ware. When they arrived in Scandinavia/Germany they were still proto-Slavs, aka, not Slavs.

So like Slavs :D

07-16-2015, 10:14 PM
Everyone shares a common origin. How far back are you talking?

Not too far. How close are R1a Norwegians and Poles to each other :D

XenophobicPrussian
07-16-2015, 10:14 PM
So like Slavs :D
Look up how Corded Ware looked. Not exactly like the average Slav.

XenophobicPrussian
07-16-2015, 10:16 PM
Not too far. How close are R1a Norwegians and Poles to each other :D
They split off probably around 2500 BC. It's suspected by some that Nordids came from Corded Ware(Corded Ware/North Pontids mixing with I1 Borrebies/Faelids) but I have no idea how legit that theory is.

07-16-2015, 10:16 PM
Look up how Corded Ware looked. Not exactly like the average Slav.

I mean West Slavs like Poles. I know Balkan Slavs are different.

07-16-2015, 10:18 PM
They split off probably around 2500 BC.

So....well that's not actually that long ago. What makes Norwegians with R1a and Poles different?

XenophobicPrussian
07-16-2015, 10:19 PM
I mean West Slavs like Poles. I know Balkan Slavs are different.
I know you mean West Slavs. West Slavs are majority Baltid mixed with some Gorid, North Pontid and other types. Corded Ware wasn't those, that's what Coon says anyway.

XenophobicPrussian
07-16-2015, 10:20 PM
So....well that's not actually that long ago. What makes Norwegians with R1a and Poles different?
Norwegians with R1a have less or no Baltid and maybe even Lappoid/Gorid admixture.

Dombra
07-16-2015, 10:32 PM
I see.

Not more than other Scandos and Slavs :)

Shqipez
07-16-2015, 10:51 PM
OP, you look like you might have some lappid mixture.

TheoTheGreat
07-16-2015, 10:54 PM
I personally think the Germanics and Slavs are the closest in Europe and that R1a is a marker of the two where Slavs have stayed more Pure without intermixing as much as the Germanics have, either way we all hail from a common ancestor the Indo-Europeans.

Lawalye
07-16-2015, 10:56 PM

Once again, I1 is not germanic, R1B-U106 is the original germanic haplogroup. The Germanic were indo-europeans.

Lawalye
07-16-2015, 10:58 PM
I personally think the Germanics and Slavs are the closest in Europe and that R1a is a marker of the two where Slavs have stayed more Pure without intermixing as much as the Germanics have, either way we all hail from a common ancestor the Indo-Europeans.

Germanics are closer to the celts !

Proto-Shaman
07-17-2015, 12:41 AM
Viking R1a:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=59314&d=1437093560

07-17-2015, 01:24 AM
OP, you look like you might have some lappid mixture.

Everyone says that :P I actually have the lowest percentage of East Eurasian of most members here. I am anything but.

07-17-2015, 01:25 AM
Not more than other Scandos and Slavs :)

I see.

So what is the relation between Scandos (actually, all Germanics) and Slavs? How close are they, really?

Sockorer
07-17-2015, 01:36 AM
I see.

So what is the relation between Scandos (actually all Germanics) and Slavs? How close are they, really?

From what I understand they're pretty close, they share some cultural ties through the Corded Ware culture and more recent cultural exchanges. And they share ancestry from the Bell beaker and Corded Ware peoples, along with recent mixing.

I think Germanics, at the least the modern ones, are overall closer to the French and Celtic peoples than to the Slavs. But after that are closer to the Slavs than to pretty much all other European peoples.

07-17-2015, 01:41 AM
From what I understand they're pretty close, they share some cultural ties through the Corded Ware culture and more recent cultural exchanges. And they share ancestry from the Bell beaker and Corded Ware peoples, along with recent mixing.

I think Germanics, at the least the modern ones, are overall closer to the French and Celtic peoples than to the Slavs. But after that are closer to the Slavs than to pretty much all other European peoples.

Coolio.

I wonder. What are Slavs basically, today? Are they pure Corded Ware descendants that has not mixed much? A.K.A. more like what our Corded Ware ancestors were like?

Dombra
07-17-2015, 02:33 PM
Once again, I1 is not germanic, R1B-U106 is the original germanic haplogroup. The Germanic were indo-europeans.

The IEs were R1b well but the people who developed Germanic were the native I1´s. R1b´s did not arrive with Germanic, they arrived with some IE tongue that was developed by the native Scandos, it was not "Germanic" at first

Contrast that with Hellenics for example, it was an established family when they came to Greece. Germanic was not established before Scandinavia

Dombra
07-17-2015, 02:41 PM
I see.

So what is the relation between Scandos (actually, all Germanics) and Slavs? How close are they, really?

The core populations are made up of different populations of the northern European spectrum, excluding the south Slavs of course. The actual Aryans were probably very similar in both groups but more present with the Slavs

Lawalye
07-17-2015, 02:47 PM
The IEs were R1b well but the people who developed Germanic were the native I1´s. R1b´s did not arrive with Germanic, they arrived with some IE tongue that was developed by the native Scandos, it was not "Germanic" at first

Contrast that with Hellenics for example, it was an established family when they came to Greece. Germanic was not established before Scandinavia

No, I know what you mean but in this case north germans and dutch would have more I1 haplogroup and scandinavians wouldn't have that much R1B, that just proof that the real germanic tribes are not the scandinavians, that's just logic.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/historyatlas/images/e/e8/Europe-Germanic_tribes.svg/revision/latest?cb=20110207194308

LecomtsevAlexander
07-18-2015, 05:42 AM
I am very tired of this forum. Slavs - not very ancient term it raspostranen proto Western Slavs. Rus Rurik probably 50 per cent consisted of Balts. Slavs quickly assimilated the Balts just at a time. Finno - Ugric peoples Slavs were unable to assimilate. Term: Russ suitable Slavs and Balts, and I think the Scandinavians do not remain on the sidelines.
The Germans were in parallel as one of the tribes of Saka not come to Germany and lived there until this Proto Slavs and Celts.

LecomtsevAlexander
07-18-2015, 05:45 AM
I hate Google translator. Slavs - it is the Czechs and Poles. before the arrival of Saka in Germany lived Slavs and Celts

XenophobicPrussian
07-18-2015, 09:11 AM
Coolio.

I wonder. What are Slavs basically, today? Are they pure Corded Ware descendants that has not mixed much? A.K.A. more like what our Corded Ware ancestors were like?
Corded Ware were long skulled people, looking at the Corded Ware thread on this forum they were between Nordids/east Nordids and North Pontids. Most Slavs today are Baltids mixed with North Pontids/Pontids/Gorids/etc.

Reith
07-18-2015, 12:00 PM
Scandinavian countries are usually a third or so of I1, R1b and R1a.

To simplify things, yes, Germani, Celts and Slavs were all close at one time. Celts closer to Germani (ancient) than Slavs though.

Nowadays, and Eastern German would be much closer to a Western Slav than a North or Western German would be.

Beo242
03-07-2019, 06:00 AM
Well, i was surprised when i openned my matches maps
R1a 85663

Proto-Shaman
03-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Well, i was surprised when i openned my matches maps
R1a 85663

which subclade? Z284?

Ayetooey
03-07-2019, 01:23 PM
The R1a from Norway is found in Britain and almost certainly connected to Norse Vikings.