PDA

View Full Version : My darker complected English/German mother?

Katariina
07-16-2015, 09:01 PM
So my mom is relatively different looking for a English/German/Irish American woman. She has an Atlantid face, longish, thin, high-bridged nose, fine bone structure, higher cheekbones, fairly dolichocephalic head (slender face and jaw), and she's got brown hair, eyes, and olive skin. Most people mistake her for Spaniard, French, Italian, Portuguese (mistaken for Portuguese by someone from Portugal), etc. I personally think she looks half-English, half-Iberian. But I am super keen on studying my geneology, and as far back as I can trace on her family tree, she's mostly English (south-central/south-east), German (from Pennsylvanian settlers), and Irish (mostly Northern/Scotch-Irish), but only has a bit of French ancestry (circa 1700's). Her great-grandmother on her mother's side was from around London with minute French ancestry, she was a dark brunette with fair skin. My mom's father is darker than her even, and he got it from his mother who was also olive-skinned and a dark brunette. His father was a pure Atlantid, but had lighter skin (he could pass in France). They were of entirely English descent from what I traced. Is that an unusual type for English people (from south-central/east)? Do you think there is French/Iberian admixture?

Maybe there is something missing in her ancestry that I am not finding. I will admit, there was something strange when I traced my mom's olive-complected grandma, and my family has whispered for decades that they are Native American and that her mother was raised on the Qualla Boundary in N.C., which is a Cherokee reservation. She was born 30 minutes south of this reservation....so there is some speculation in me that she may be Native. The weird thing is that all of my mom's grandma's line were born right next to this Indian reservation for many generations....maybe she should get tested. Her g-grandpa's line may also have been Native because they both have common Native American surnames that match those living in that reservation today: Young and Smith. I don't know what to think. This could possibly make my mom 25% Cherokee.
Here's a picture of my mom when she was my age, 18, she was pretty (BTW, do I look like her, lol? The angle makes her face look wider than it actually is, it's narrower.)
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=59298&d=1437078312

mikeyup
07-16-2015, 09:04 PM
I don't think she looks specifically Iberian, that said she does remind me of a friend of mine.

Prism
07-16-2015, 09:05 PM
There seems to be a resemblance yes, you both have diamond shaped faces and a high forehead ( which means intelligence ! )

Katariina
07-16-2015, 09:07 PM
There seems to be a resemblance yes, you both have diamond shaped faces and a high forehead ( which means intelligence ! )

Thank you :) That's good to know too, because apparently we get a lot our intelligence from our mothers,
and she's brilliant, working on her Master's degree right now.

Brasileiro
07-16-2015, 09:11 PM
Are you 12,5% Native American?

Prism
07-16-2015, 09:13 PM
Thank you :) That's good to know too, because apparently we get a lot our intelligence from our mother's,
and she's brilliant, working on her Master's degree right now.

I also got my intelligence from my mother's side :) She studied journalism in university, she's worked for NGOs such as doctors without borders and UNICEF, and my grandparents my grandad was a physics teacher, had a masters in engineering and was a diplomat while my grandmother taught Slavic literature.

Ps : I also have a high forehead, the myth becomes a fact :D

Katariina
07-16-2015, 09:15 PM
Are you 12,5% Native American?

I'm not sure anymore. It could be based on family legend. There's some strong evidence however that I may be.

Petalpusher
07-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Looks very meso. 23andme was invented for Americans identity crisis like that. It's time.

Katariina
07-16-2015, 09:18 PM
I also got my intelligence from my mother's side :) She studied journalism in university, she's worked for NGOs such as doctors without borders and UNICEF, and my grandparents my grandad was a physics teacher, had a masters in engineering and was a diplomat while my grandmother taught Slavic literature.

Ps : I also have a high forehead, the myth becomes a fact :D

You come from a line of brainiacs then. Congrats :-)

StonyArabia
07-16-2015, 09:20 PM
She looks French to me. Although a DNA test like 23andme will show or disprove the Amerindian lineage. Cherokee themselves have heavily intermingled with European settlers more so than other Amerindian groups.

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
07-16-2015, 09:22 PM
a little dark but nothing crazy. I have weird looking ancestors, doesn't mean they aren't what they claimed to be.

Brasileiro
07-16-2015, 09:24 PM
I'm not sure anymore. It could be based on family legend. There's some strong evidence however that I may be.

Yet it you're very beautiful girl (like your mom). Strange.

i'llseeyouinhell
07-16-2015, 09:34 PM
She looks Italian to me and yes you look like your mother