PDA

View Full Version : Why the rivalry between china and india

Mortimer
07-19-2015, 03:27 AM
What is it about? Anyone can give me insight, thanks. I wish to see a china - india alliance that would be cool

Goujian
07-19-2015, 03:35 AM
What is it about? Anyone can give me insight, thanks. I wish to see a china - india alliance that would be cool

The average Chinese in China don't care about India. Indians on the other hand are insecure about China. Although many Indians are open-minded and welcome Chinese in India.

Smitty
07-19-2015, 03:37 AM
You want an alliance of the two biggest nations on Earth? That would be like 2.5 billion people.

Arcadefire
07-19-2015, 03:38 AM
basically 2 big fish in a pond full of minnows wanting to siege control of the area. No sane person in India would think of China as the enemy, nor would they think of India as being more powerful of the two.

Historically there have not really been a whole lot of conflict between the 2 civilizations as neither had expansive or aggressive political ideology. Not to mention most of the time the infighting within their own respective empires kind of kept them busy cleaning up the local messes.

Looking into the future, I think China and India will work together.

Shah-Jehan
07-19-2015, 03:39 AM
1) Disputed territories such as Akhsai Chin (Kashmir) and Arunchal Pradesh which China claims as South Tibet which led to the war in 1962.
2) China's closeness with Pakistan, being greatest of allies.
3) Chinese earnest for power in the Indian ocean, Chinese string of pearls etc.

zhaoyun
07-19-2015, 08:16 PM
Disputed territories, and then China siding with Pakistan. In reality, the issue with the borders date back to the British period when the Brits unilaterally declared the MacMahon line and an independent India adhered to that claim.