PDA

View Full Version : Beijing to become a "Supercity"

zhaoyun
07-20-2015, 03:21 PM
Interesting article, as I'm travelling to China for a month for both business and just travel, most likely in September or so.

Eventually China will have at least four of these mega-super city nodes, one in the Beijing area, another in the Shanghai region, one in the Guangzhou region and also in the Chongqing region.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/20/world/asia/in-china-a-supercity-rises-around-beijing.html?_r=0

Kamal900
07-20-2015, 03:23 PM
One mega city in China make more than the entire population in the levant, lol.

zhaoyun
07-20-2015, 03:36 PM
One mega city in China would rank as the 10th most populous nation in the world.

The primary catalyst is the growth of high speed rail in China, it is now very commonplace and will serve to expand the size of the urban cores. Mark my words that in 20 years, China will have at least four of these mega-cities, the size of which cannot be found anywhere else in the world.

Goujian
07-20-2015, 03:48 PM
I think Shanghai should be a supercity that includes the entire lower Yangtze- that means Suzhou, Hangzhou, Shaoxing, Ningbo, etc...

zhaoyun
07-20-2015, 03:50 PM
I think Shanghai should be a supercity that includes the entire lower Yangtze- that means Suzhou, Hangzhou, Shaoxing, Ningbo, etc...

Shanghai will be a super city that encompasses Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Ningbo. So essentially the municipality of Shanghai plus Southern Jiangsu and Northern Zhejiang.

Kastrioti1443
07-20-2015, 03:52 PM
Well China will eventually be a super empire and probably the only true worthy enemy of the jews.

They should be careful with the free market economy though as the ''east indie companies' can easily enter the baking system.

Goujian
07-20-2015, 03:57 PM
Shanghai will be a super city that encompasses Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Ningbo. So essentially the municipality of Shanghai plus Southern Jiangsu and Northern Zhejiang.

In a limited sense, some cities of southern Anhui like Huangshan and Xuanzhou and lesser known cities like Wuxi or Changzhou. I think the Lower Yangtze has a higher success rate (not exactly chance) to become a supercity because of its dense population and position in terms of geography, economic power and educational/professional level. I guess it is already a defacto supercity if not de jure.