PDA

View Full Version : Letting my husband sleep with other women makes me a better men’s rights activist

RandoBloom
07-23-2015, 06:29 AM
As I write this, my children are asleep in their room, Robin Thicke is on the stereo, and my husband is out on a date with a woman named Pammy. It’s his second date this week; his fourth this month so far. If it goes like the others, he’ll come home in the middle of the night, crawl into bed beside me, and tell me all about how he and Pammy had sex. I won’t explode with anger or seethe with resentment. I’ll tell him it’s a hot story and I’m glad he had fun. It’s hot because he’s excited, and I’m glad because I’m a men’s rights activist.

Before my husband started sleeping with other women, I certainly considered myself a men’s rights activist, but I really only understood it in the abstract. When I quit working to stay at home with the kids, I began to understand it on a whole new level. I am an employment-free housewife with zero obligations to provide for our family financially. Now that I understand the reality of that situation, I don’t blame men for demanding more for themselves than the life of a wage-slave.

Still, as a woman, I could, if I wanted to, portray what I’m doing as “work,” and thus claim for myself the prestige men traditionally derive from “work.” Whenever I tell someone I stay home with the kids, they invariably say, “Hardest work in the world.” They say this because the only way to account for a woman at home with the kids is to say what she’s doing is hard work.

It wasn’t until my husband mentioned one evening that he’d kissed another woman and liked it and wanted to do more than kiss next time that I realized how my status as a woman depended on a single fact: that my husband fucked only me.

He didn’t present it as an issue of men’s rights activism to me, but after much soul-searching about why the idea of my husband having sex with other women bothered me I came to a few conclusions: Monogamy meant I controlled his sexual expression, and, not to get all men’s-studies major about it, gynocentrism essentially boils down to a woman’s fear that a man with sexual agency is a man she can’t control. We aren’t afraid of their intellect or their spirit or their ability to give us children. We are afraid that when it comes time for sex, they won’t choose us. This petty fear has led us as a culture to place judgments on the entire spectrum of male sexual expression: If a man likes sex, he’s a pig and objectifies women; if he only likes sex with his wife or girlfriend, he’s boring and whipped; if he doesn’t like sex at all, he’s a virgin and a neckbeard. Every option is a trap.

Men’s rights activism always comes back to sex, even when we’re talking about everything else. The point isn’t that all men should be sexual adventurers. Celibacy is as valid an expression of sexuality as profligacy. The point is that it should be men who choose, not women — even the women they’re married to. For my husband, the choice between honoring our vows and fulfilling his desires was a false choice, another trap. He knew how deep our love was, and knew that him wanting a variety of sexual experiences as we traveled through life together would not diminish or disrupt that love. It took me about six months — many long, intense conversations, and an ocean of red wine — before I knew it, too.

When my husband told me he wanted to open our marriage and take other lovers, he wasn’t rejecting me, he was embracing himself. When I understood that, I finally became a men’s rights activist.

That was two years ago, and today we’ve never been happier, more in tune, closer, tighter, stronger. Whatever power I surrendered, I don’t miss. I wouldn’t recommend it for everyone, but I tell everyone it works for us.

How does it feel? It feels great … mostly. Most of the time, it feels like a mature, responsible way to address our needs and desires within our loving, mutually supportive marriage. It feels very adult, especially because it depends on open, honest communication. We take great pride in all the talking we do. I meet a lot of people who say they’ll never get married because they don’t want to get divorced, and hearing it always makes me sad, because they are cutting themselves off from the possibility of the magic that happens when two people share their lives. People don’t divorce because they can’t stand sharing anymore; they divorce because they feel like they can’t share enough. I never forget that my husband is a whole person unto himself, a complete and dynamic individual, and though we are together, we’re not one. Too often people get trapped in the roles of husband and wife, and a gulf opens between what they think they should be and who they really are. Opening our marriage has allowed us to close that gap so that the person I call “husband” is the same person my husband sees in the mirror. Lying to each other begins with lying to yourself, and now we don’t have to lie to anyone.

There are of course moments of jealousy, resentment, and insecurity. Recently, my husband went on a date and fell asleep at her apartment. I hadn’t heard from him since 10 p.m., he still wasn’t home at 6 a.m. My texts went unanswered and my calls went to voicemail. A tight knot of dread lodged in my stomach as I imagined all kinds of dire scenarios and realized that I not only didn’t know where he was, I had no idea whom he was with. I pictured myself going to the police saying, “I think he’s in Red Hook with a chick named Rachel. I don’t know her last name, but I think she’s a graphic designer?” I’m not sure there’s actually a word for the unique blend of acute terror and unforgivable shame I felt that morning imagining that I’d lost my husband to Rachel, the maybe graphic designer. When he finally texted me at 7:30 a.m., relief coursed through me like morphine. He wrote, “fuckfuckfuckfuck Im soooooo sorry. Fell asleep.” I replied, “Just glad you’re ok, but next time, no radio silence. Remember: you’re not alone.”

What surprises most people is when I tell them it’s not the sex-with-other-women that bothers me. The sex is the easy part, the fun part. It’s what the sex connects to, stands for, reveals that can be difficult. I don’t want him to fall in love with anyone else, and every time he goes on a date, I confront the possibility that he might. It happened at the beginning: The first person he dated after we opened up fell hard in love with him, and my husband, overwhelmed by his ardor, tried to love her back. Watching it happen, I was confused, angry, and terrified that he wanted to leave me. He assured me he didn’t, and whatever feelings he had for her didn’t lessen what he felt for me. Believing him then was the ultimate trust exercise. We survived because eventually I did believe him, and also because I learned to trust myself.

This has been the great challenge of my open marriage: to draw strength from vulnerability. Doing so requires supreme self-confidence. You must first really, truly love yourself; it is the foundation upon which all the other love is built. From everywhere comes the message that what I’m doing is for abused women, victims, doormats, pathetic women with internalized misogyny; that if I had money and status, I could keep my husband “in line”; that his self-discovery comes at the expense of my self-esteem. My open marriage has made heavy demands on my ability to silence the voice of doubt in my head, that gnawing feeling of worthlessness. But I find I can meet those demands, and that I am able to build my self-confidence out of nothing more than the basic dignity we all possess. I’m grateful to my husband for pushing us to take this leap, and whatever happens to us in the future I would do it all again. And when he comes home tonight and crawls into bed beside me with a hot story about his date with Pammy, he’ll do it all again, too.

:rolleyes:

European Knight
07-23-2015, 06:35 AM
if that is for men rights i don't want it for me

Queen B
07-23-2015, 06:50 AM
Mary, is that you? :lol:

Linet
07-23-2015, 07:28 AM
Reading this story....I can definately say....I am NOT a mens rights activist http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/crazy-monkey/crazy-monkey-emoticon-048.gif?1292792391

....If he cheats on me.... http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/crazy-monkey/crazy-monkey-emoticon-110.gif?1292792408

♥ Lily ♥
07-23-2015, 07:33 AM
Imagine if this was reversed;- how would a man feel if his partner treated him like that?! What is it supposed to prove in sleeping around and risking diseases and saying to your partner that you're not satisified with your own partner and lover? It's not loving or caring behaviour to behave like that whilst in a relationship with someone; it's just irresponsible and immature. If my bf cheated on me, I would walk out of the relationship if he wants to be with someone else instead, period. It's pointless being in a relationship with someone if a man isn't satisfied with you and doesn't like your own efforts to please a man. It's like saying that you're not good enough for him and that he wants to be with others instead. What's next? Polygamy?

Desaix DeBurgh
07-23-2015, 07:39 AM
One of the most important measures of a man's alphaness is how much crap his woman will put up with from him. The dude sounds pretty alpha to me.

Desaix DeBurgh
07-23-2015, 07:47 AM
Imagine if this was reversed - how would a man feel if his partner treated him like that?! What is it supposed to prove in sleeping around and risking diseases and saying to your partner that you're not satisified with your own partner and lover? It's not loving or caring behaviour to behave like that in a relationship; it's just irresponsible and immature. What's next? Polygamy?

Polygamy is actually in a woman's best interest. I am currently accepting applications to be part of my harem if you are a young enough and attractive enough send an essay to my private message box :

"

among polygamous nations every woman finds maintenance, where monogamy exists the number of married women is limited, and a countless number of women who are without support remain over; those in the upper classes vegetate as useless old maids, those in the lower are reduced to very hard work of a distasteful nature, or become prostitutes, and lead a life which is as joyless as it is void of honour. But under such circumstances they become a necessity to the masculine sex; so that their position is openly recognised as a special means for protecting from seduction those other women favoured by fate either to have found husbands, or who hope to find them. In London alone there are 80,000 prostitutes. Then what are these women who have come too quickly to this most terrible end but human sacrifices on the altar of monogamy? The women here referred to and who are placed in this wretched position are the inevitable counterbalance to the European lady, with her pretensions and arrogance. Hence polygamy is a real benefit to the female sex, taking it as a whole. And, on the other hand, there is no reason why a man whose wife suffers from chronic illness, or remains barren, or has gradually become too old for him, should not take a second. Many people become converts to Mormonism for the precise reasons that they condemn the unnatural institution of monogamy. The conferring of unnatural rights upon women has imposed unnatural duties upon them, the violation of which, however, makes them unhappy.

It is useless to argue about polygamy, it must be taken as a fact existing everywhere, the mere regulation of which is the problem to be solved. Where are there, then, any real monogamists? We all live, at any rate for a time, and the majority of us always, in polygamy. Consequently, as each man needs many women, nothing is more just than to let him, nay, make it incumbent upon him to provide for many women. By this means woman will be brought back to her proper and natural place as a subordinate being, and the lady, that monster of European civilisation and Christian–Teutonic stupidity, with her ridiculous claim to respect and veneration, will no longer exist; there will still be women, but no unhappy women, of whom Europe is at present full. The Mormons’ standpoint is right.

" ---Arthur Schopenhauer

Of course that was more true before woman entered the workforce in mass etc... but it is still true to a significant degree.

Nurzat
07-23-2015, 08:19 AM
Letting my husband sleep with other women makes me a better men’s rights activist

activism sucks. big time. you should let your husband sleep with other women because it is normal, not for any type of activism ;)

Linet
07-23-2015, 08:36 AM
activism sucks. big time. you should let your husband sleep with other women because it is normal, not for any type of activism ;)

So you will let your woman sleep with other men as well since is normal? :eyes

щрбл
07-23-2015, 09:30 AM
I'm not shocked. People are free to do whatever they want as long as there is a mutual agreement.

RandoBloom
07-23-2015, 09:34 AM
Now a reveal. This is actualy a piece written by a mens rights activist Janet Bloomfield or better known as Judgy Bitch.
Its a sarcastic piece, relating to an actual feminist article where the roles were reversed: http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/what-open-marriage-taught-one-man-about-feminism.html

Here is the rest of the article

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS SHIT?

Of course, I reversed the genders from the original article, but if this were some man, bullying his wife over time and plying her with alcohol until she finally agreed that she couldn’t really be a men’s rights activist or care about men unless she let him fuck other women, feminists would be up in arms, explaining all the ways this is abuse and the woman is completely beaten down dog with no agency or will left.

Read Milo Yiannapoulos’, take on this – it’s pretty hilarious:

The logic is simple, if you think about it. Men are canny about cutting out the middleman whenever possible. If their wives are screwing them by consorting with other men, why not simplify everything by being screwed by men themselves? Think about what Sonmore has to show for his marriage today. A Starbucks gift card from his wife’s latest boyfriend Paulo, with the message, “Please enjoy this latte while I enjoy your wife”?

We’re entering a brave new world where a small group of alpha straights share the most attractive women at will, while the rest of the male population hops over to my side of the pond, having bought into the tenets of modern feminism, which include daily testicular torture, ritual consumption of tampons, and a compulsory 5,000 lines of “Yes, You Can Be The Man Tonight, Honey” to be written in their own blood.

Face it ladies, you blew it. Your abandonment of traditional marriage values like monogamy and taking care of your husband’s domestic needs in order to embrace the quick and dirty pleasures of handsome strangers with Spanish names has created the coming wave of cuckolds that are barely a hair away from dropping to their knees for another dude.

So this is the end game feminists imagine? A bunch of pussy-whipped househusbands too frightened of their overlords to demand a bit of respect and monogamy? Any guy who buys into this deserves what he gets, just as any woman who thinks she has to let her husband fuck around on her deserves what she gets. Truly open marriages, embraced by both partners openly and enthusiastically is none of my business and I wish those people all the best.

This woman bullied her husband for months, made him economically dependent on her, plied him with alcohol and mentally manipulated him into thinking that the basic tenets of marriage were oppressing her. And it was his fault. He has not consented to this relationship, making all sex between them rape. It is coerced, therefore rape.

EL_BARBARO
07-23-2015, 10:01 AM
Of course, you will become the champion of all women, mothers and wifes.

What a so simple question....

Nurzat
07-23-2015, 10:19 AM
So you will let your woman sleep with other men as well since is normal? :eyes

no, because for women it is not normal

Marusya
07-23-2015, 10:35 AM
Only a VERY stupid woman would willingly let her man sleep with other women.

Linet
07-23-2015, 10:58 AM
If you dont love the other enough to not want to hurt him/her with such a behaviour http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sex/t1526.gif or if you dont desire him/her enough to be with him/her http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/hug/t4601.gif....then dont marry, its not for you :nono: ...

European Knight
07-23-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm not shocked. People are free to do whatever they want as long as there is a mutual agreement.

then they cry when it become too much

Linebacker
07-23-2015, 11:57 AM
Sounds good to me.

I wouldn't ask for her permission anyway.If I wanted to sleep with another woman I'd just do it,I don't see how anybody has a say on that matter but me.

Marusya
07-23-2015, 12:05 PM
Sounds good to me.

I wouldn't ask for her permission anyway.If I wanted to sleep with another woman I'd just do it,I don't see how anybody has a say on that matter but me.

I hope you enjoy the rat poison which will season your dinner. xD

Linebacker
07-23-2015, 12:09 PM
I hope you enjoy the rat poison which will season your dinner. xD

Rat poison is not even deadly to regular people,to me,it won't even give me a stomach ache.

Wadaad
07-23-2015, 12:14 PM
If not a trolling my only guess is she cheated on him first and using this to validate her desire to ease her conscience.

Marusya
07-23-2015, 12:16 PM
Rat poison is not even deadly to regular people,to me,it won't even give me a stomach ache.

There are many other options in the gardening section of Home Depot. ;)

sql
07-23-2015, 12:40 PM
Haha this is a parody of something I read where this guy let his wife fuck other dude's because he considers himself a feminist :lol:

Atvend
07-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Haha this is a parody of something I read where this guy let his wife fuck other dude's because he considers himself a feminist :lol:

This (http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/what-open-marriage-taught-one-man-about-feminism.html)?

This is probably some sort of feminism satire itself. No man could be this broken.

sql
07-23-2015, 01:00 PM
This (http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/what-open-marriage-taught-one-man-about-feminism.html)?

This is probably some sort of feminism satire itself. No man could be this broken.

Yeah, that.

Who knows man, some guys are so beta nowadays.

Harley
11-20-2016, 05:00 PM
If the parties are in agreement, let them do what they will in their own household.

I would not do this in my own household because that is not the type of relationship I want to be in. If a man is interested in sleeping with others to procure his rights, he can do so in someone else's bed.

Hoxhaism
11-20-2016, 05:07 PM
This is disgusting, and the wife is clearly deluded.

:picard1:

But this is their life and if there is a mutual agreement, it's not my worry.

Casandrinos
11-20-2016, 05:14 PM
This is disgusting, and the wife is clearly deluded.

:picard1:

But this is their life and if there is a mutual agreement, it's not my worry.

it is your worry , what kind of person are you when you oversee this subhumanity.

I would slap this man in the face for letting it happen.

You take the woman :P

Hoxhaism
11-20-2016, 05:15 PM
it is your worry , what kind of person are you when you oversee this subhumanity.

I would slap this man in the face for letting it happen.

You take the woman :P

It's their life and not mine.
None of my business.

Profileid
11-20-2016, 05:16 PM
Oh wow gross

'owight Gavnah
11-20-2016, 05:16 PM
What is wrong with people nowadays ? This is messed up.

Oneeye
11-20-2016, 05:50 PM
It's obviously a parody with the gender roles switched. I could tell by the first sentence. Liberal men, guilt tripped into letting people of all colors and creeds, even their own partner, take advantage of them.

This shit is why feminism is a dirty word.

Casandrinos
11-20-2016, 05:52 PM
It's their life and not mine.
None of my business.

so you wouldn't help a drug addict because ''its his life'' that brought him to this level?

Hoxhaism
11-20-2016, 05:53 PM
so you wouldn't help a drug addict because ''its his life'' that brought him to this level?

No.
Nothing to do with me, i wouldn't want to get into that sort of situation with people like that either.

edit- also in this situation they would need a professional, not someone useless like me.

Casandrinos
11-20-2016, 06:05 PM
No.
Nothing to do with me, i wouldn't want to get into that sort of situation with people like that either.

edit- also in this situation they would need a professional, not someone useless like me.

then why do you care about women's rights. Let them feel inferior, its their life after all...

Hoxhaism
11-20-2016, 06:07 PM
then why do you care about women's rights. Let them feel inferior, its their life after all...

this is not true, as this affects me aswell and this is something i feel passionate about.

Casandrinos
11-20-2016, 06:16 PM
this is not true, as this affects me aswell and this is something i feel passionate about.

So your compassion reaches only the parts you're interested in, ignoring individual issues that need to be solved as wel.

Hoxhaism
11-20-2016, 06:18 PM
So your compassion reaches only the parts you're interested in, ignoring individual issues that need to be solved as wel.

yes.

And again, if they needed help they need to seek an actual prefessional or relatives.
What am i going to do to help them? they need to help themselves.

Casandrinos
11-20-2016, 06:24 PM
yes.

And again, if they needed help they need to seek an actual prefessional or relatives.
What am i going to do to help them? they need to help themselves.

A lot of people can't help themselves, because they don't want to recognize their unfortunate positions.This is where you are slapping them to wake up.

You might be one of those people , its the bad thing about individualism and self-isolation. Humans can't reach happiness alone.