PDA

View Full Version : Zimbabwe: American lion killer’s extradition being sought

European Knight
07-31-2015, 01:04 PM
American hunter Walter James Palmer issued a statement saying he relied on his guides to ensure the hunt was legal

Harare, Zimbabwe: Zimbabwe intends to seek the extradition of an American dentist who killed a lion that was lured out of a national park and shot with a bow and a gun, and the process has already begun, a Cabinet minister said on Friday.

“Unfortunately it was too late to apprehend the foreign poacher as he had already absconded to his country of origin,” Oppah Muchinguri, Zimbabwe’s environment, water and climate minister, told a news conference. “We are appealing

to the responsible authorities for his extradition to Zimbabwe so that he be made accountable.”

On Tuesday, American hunter Walter James Palmer issued a statement saying he relied on his guides to ensure the hunt was legal. Two Zimbabweans — a professional hunter and a farm owner — have been arrested in the lion killing

that garnered worldwide condemnation.

“There has been an outcry,” Muchinguri said. “Almost 500,000 people are calling for his extradition and we need this support. We want him tried in Zimbabwe because he violated our laws.

“I have already consulted with the authorities within the police force who are responsible for arresting the criminal. We have certain processes we have to follow. Police should take the first step to approach the prosecutor general who

will approach the Americans. The processes have already started.”

The Cabinet minister said both Palmer and professional hunter Theo Bronkhorst violated the Parks and Wildlife Act, which controls the use of bow and arrow hunting. He said Palmer, who reportedly paid $50,000 (Dh183,652) to hunt the

lion, also violated the act through financing an illegal hunt. The landowner violated the act because he “allowed a hunt to be conducted without a quota and necessary permit,” Muchinguri said.

Zimbabwe: American lion killer?s extradition being sought | GulfNews.com (http://gulfnews.com/news/africa/zimbabwe-american-lion-killer-s-extradition-being-sought-1.1559157)

Proctor
07-31-2015, 01:27 PM
Yeah, he deserves everything that's coming to him, I hope he gets extradited. Anyone who would pay 50 THOUSAND dollars just to hunt a lion probably wouldn't be afraid to pay thousands of dollars to kill a fellow human being.

sql
07-31-2015, 01:27 PM
He's a good beheader, I think he should seek refuge in the Islamic State, where he'll feel more at home.

Joking aside, I hope this motherfucker is punished. He tortured and murdered a rare animal in cold blood, acting as if this were a "game". I hope that the US finds him and sends him to Zimbabwe, and that Zimbabwe has tough punishments for this shit.

Gooding
07-31-2015, 01:33 PM
He wasn't hungry ( he's a fucking dentist), he wasn't gunning for food, he was gunning for a trophy. Frankly, I hope this piece of shit gets what's coming to him. He took a life needlessly, illegally and he didn't even bother to research. Fine. If that jerkoff doesn't want to take responsibility, it'll be forced on him. Just like he forced that arrow into that lion.

sql
07-31-2015, 01:39 PM
Yeah, he deserves everything that's coming to him, I hope he gets extradited. Anyone who would pay 50 THOUSAND dollars just to hunt a lion probably wouldn't be afraid to pay thousands of dollars to kill a fellow human being.

Fun fact: those who harm animals are more likely to harm people

Gooding
07-31-2015, 01:42 PM
Fun fact: those who harm animals are more likely to harm people

You know, ideally he'd be thrown into a pit with three of four lions who hadn't been fed in a couple of days.

King Niko
07-31-2015, 01:43 PM
Capital punishment.

Marshmallow Fluff
07-31-2015, 01:49 PM
I abhor intolerable acts of cruelty towards animals, I think I can find a spot in my living room for this idiots head. Although, it might clash with my current decor.

Linebacker
07-31-2015, 01:53 PM
Thats just how the circle of nature is.The strong survive and the weak die off.

I don't see anyone crying about lions killing zebras and hippos and other kind of animals they prey on,then how is this any different?Everyone is prey to someone - zebras are prey to lions,and lions are prey to humans,and we sometimes become prey to animals.

A lion won't mind killing you,and neither should you.

King Niko
07-31-2015, 01:57 PM

I don't see anyone crying about lions killing zebras and hippos and other kind of animals they prey on,then how is this any different?Everyone is prey to someone - zebras are prey to lions,and lions are prey to humans,and we sometimes become prey to animals.

Let a human and a lion fight,

Only reasons humans can kill is because of something we made, not because we are the fittest.

Linebacker
07-31-2015, 02:00 PM
Let a human and a lion fight,

Only reasons humans can kill is because of something we made, not because we are the fittest.

Thats just good ol proof that physicality isn't everything.We dominate and own earth because of our brains.And we don't need firearms either.

I'd like to see a lion's chances while Im wearing this.I can beat it to death with a stick.
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--9HqElhq4--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/17t7wu3lneaq6jpg.jpg

Proctor
07-31-2015, 02:04 PM

It wasn't really a life or death situation though, this guy purposefully set out to kill one of the most famous lions in that country as some kind of trophy.

Linebacker
07-31-2015, 02:10 PM
It wasn't really a life or death situation though, this guy purposefully set out to kill one of the most famous lions in that country as some kind of trophy.

Lions like their small cousinns the cats and some other species ALSO KILL FOR FUN.

The question is,what makes them any different?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0BWPCzPNk4

Marshmallow Fluff
07-31-2015, 02:11 PM
There's no just cause for taking this lion's life, accept for pure greed. This loser wasn't starving to death, therefore one shouldn't be warranted to take a life for their own personal amusement.

Linebacker
07-31-2015, 02:22 PM
There's no just cause for taking this lion's life, accept for pure greed. This loser wasn't starving to death, therefore one shouldn't be warranted to take a life for their own personal amusement.

There is a reason.

A lion's head will look great somewhere in his house.Many rich people have them as decorations.Some buy really good fakes,but others just can't settle for anything but the real thing.

The fact is,a lot of animals kill for fun an trophies,its just that we are much more successful than they are.If you are so fond of lions go and try to approach a pride and see how they react to you.They won't mind having your corpse as a decoration for their den.

Jägerstaffel
07-31-2015, 03:59 PM
I have seen a lot of people calling for this man's death and torture. I know most of that is in jest but I bet some people wish it.

No matter how unseemly the killing was, it wasn't a person. He ought to be subjected to whatever the appropriate punishment is for poaching or whatnot and be done with it.

As a species, we kill animals daily. I enjoy meat as a food, so all sorts of animals have died to satiate my appetite. There's nothing inherently wrong in the act of killing a lion - at least no more wrong than the act of killing a pig or a cow. Lions are a vulnerable species though, so I assume that laws prohibiting their hunting is to protect their integrity. For that reason, the man should be punished - not because he killed an animal that you may find majestic subjectively.

SupaThug
07-31-2015, 04:16 PM
I see lots of emotion involved in this case...This man liked hunting,and I see hunting as a sport(not a sport that I like though),people should not condemn him because he liked hunting.The issue is that he killed a beloved lion that was protected from hunters,that's the big deal.I wouldn't mind him if he killed a random lion that didn't have any emotional value to people,what disgusts me is that he killed a lion that had a emotional value for the country and the park,that's why his hunting was not fair.

European Knight
08-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Zimbabwe: American lion killer?s extradition being sought | GulfNews.com (http://gulfnews.com/news/africa/zimbabwe-american-lion-killer-s-extradition-being-sought-1.1559157)

Researcher in Zimbabwe doubts report of 2nd lion killing

JOHANNESBURG (AP) -- A lion researcher in Zimbabwe on Saturday cast doubt on a report of the shooting death of a male lion who was a companion of Cecil, a famous lion killed by an American hunter in early July.

The satellite collar on a second lion named Jericho has been sending normal signals, indicating the lion is alive and moving around, researcher Brent Stapelkamp told The Associated Press.

A report on the Facebook page of an advocacy group called the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force said Jericho was killed Saturday and that it would provide more details when they were available.

PilotOnline.com: national & world News for Hampton Roads, Va., from The Virginian-Pilot (http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AF_ZIMBABWE_CECILS_COMPANION?SITE=VANOV&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-08-01-16-23-44)

Thunder_shock
08-01-2015, 09:05 PM
He wasn't hungry ( he's a fucking dentist), he wasn't gunning for food, he was gunning for a trophy. Frankly, I hope this piece of shit gets what's coming to him. He took a life needlessly, illegally and he didn't even bother to research. Fine. If that jerkoff doesn't want to take responsibility, it'll be forced on him. Just like he forced that arrow into that lion.
Think of that the next time you gorge on that piece of chicken, if you're not a vegetarian (and you dont believe eating meet is religiously sanctified) and you think killing animals is immoral then you're a hypocrite. And if you say it's different because it's murdered for self preservation (food), well i dont buy that because you can survive, in fact be fit and strong whilst eating vegetation. Eating is meat is a luxury in the same way sport is like for this fellow.

Thunder_shock
08-01-2015, 09:10 PM
What makes one animal more valuable than the other, if i step on a rat minding it's own business today, no one will bat an eyelid. But if you off a lion everyone goes up in arms. I think it's because people's views are formed from emotional attachment instead of any scientific facts. People are very superficial.

Thunder_shock
08-01-2015, 09:11 PM
Thats just good ol proof that physicality isn't everything.We dominate and own earth because of our brains.And we don't need firearms either.

I'd like to see a lion's chances while Im wearing this.I can beat it to death with a stick.
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--9HqElhq4--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/17t7wu3lneaq6jpg.jpg
A lion could snap your neck with one slap, it doesnt matter if you're wearing that suit.

Peter Nirsch
08-01-2015, 09:19 PM
everyone displeased for a lyon death, but nobody takes care of white farmers who are facing a true genocide in Zimbabwe.

Beit El
08-01-2015, 10:10 PM
All these people who have no qualms with eating animals that have spent their lives in tiny cages in barns are now outraged at the shooting of one lion. Pathetic.

Hadouken
08-01-2015, 10:24 PM
what he did was wrong yes

he should be punished yes

but IMO this situation is exeggerated DRAMATICALLY . I mean so many animals are killed and even abused daily (unfortunately) but only because some dentist shot a celeb lion it is a reason to make such a revolt ?

typical humans ...

next time you better step carefully on the streets to not kill some ants fucking hypocrites