PDA

View Full Version : Was Malcolm X Anti-Globalist/Black Nationalist?

Vladimir Putin
08-06-2015, 05:41 AM
For Americans posters, clarify Malcom X ideology. I know that Martin Luther King was a notorious globalist, indirectly his message has been globalist in its essence. Malcom X looked like someone who wanted a separation, a creation of an official 'black state' within the US or something like that.
IF the ideas of Malcolm X had overlapped those of Martin Luther King: how would be the US today racially and ideologically? There would be less multiculturalism, less 'white guilt' academic ideologies, etc?!

Scholarios
08-06-2015, 06:06 AM
For Americans posters, clarify Malcom X ideology. I know that Martin Luther King was a notorious globalist, indirectly his message has been globalist in its essence. Malcom X looked like someone who wanted a separation, a creation of an official 'black state' within the US or something like that.
IF the ideas of Malcolm X had overlapped those of Martin Luther King: how would be the US today racially and ideologically? There would be less multiculturalism, less 'white guilt' academic ideologies, etc?!

Malcolm X's opinion notoriously changed throughout the years. If you check his autobiography, there seems to be a change that occurs after he travels to Mecca and sees blue eyed, blonde-haired Muslims and Asian ones too. He realized this as a "brotherhood of Man" if you want to call that "Globalism". If you want real "Black Nationalism" or "Black Fascism" you might try Marcus Garvey. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Garvey)

Some relevant quotes from Malcolm.

There can be no black-white unity until there is first some black unity. There can be no workers' solidarity until there is first some racial solidarity. We cannot think of uniting with others, until after we have first united among ourselves. We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves.

Ignorance of each other is what has made unity impossible in the past. Therefore we need enlightenment. We need more light about each other. Light creates understanding, understanding creates love, love creates patience, and patience creates unity. Once we have more knowledge (light) about each other, we will stop condemning each other and a United front will be brought about.

A segregated school system produces children who, when they graduate, graduate with crippled minds. But this does not mean that a school is segregated because it’s all black. A segregated school means a school that is controlled by people who have no real interest in it whatsoever. Let me explain what I mean. A segregated district or community is a community in which people live, but outsiders control the politics and the economy of that community. They never refer to the white section as a segregated community. It’s the all-Negro section that’s a segregated community. Why? The white man controls his own school, his own bank, his own economy, his own politics, his own everything, his own community; but he also controls yours. When you’re under someone else’s control, you’re segregated.

If you're afraid of black nationalism, you're afraid of revolution. And if you love revolution, you love black nationalism. To understand this, you have to go back to what the young brother here referred to as the house Negro and the field Negro back during slavery. There were two kinds of slaves, the house Negro and the field Negro. The house Negroes — they lived in the house with master, they dressed pretty good, they ate good because they ate his food — what he left. They lived in the attic or the basement, but still they lived near the master; and they loved the master more than the master loved himself. They would give their life to save the master's house — quicker than the master would. If the master said, "We got a good house here," the house Negro would say, "Yeah, we got a good house here." Whenever the master said "we," he said "we." That's how you can tell a house Negro.

I believe in the brotherhood of man, all men, but I don't believe in brotherhood with anybody who doesn't want brotherhood with me. I believe in treating people right, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to treat somebody right who doesn't know how to return the treatment.
Speech, New York City (12 December 1964)

This is to warn you that I am no longer held in check from fighting white supremacists by Elijah Muhammad's separatist Black Muslim movement, and that if your present racist agitation against our people there in Alabama causes physical harm to Reverend King or any other black Americans who are only attempting to enjoy their rights as free human beings, that you and your Ku Klux Klan friends will be met with maximum physical retaliation from those of us who are not hand-cuffed by the disarming philosophy of nonviolence, and who believe in asserting our right of self-defense — by any means necessary.
Telegram sent to George Lincoln Rockwell, leader of the American Nazi Party, during Rockwell's "Hate Bus" tour of the Southern US States, 1965. Quoted in an interview on January 24, 1965 and printed in Malcolm X and George Breitman, Malcolm X Speaks: selected speeches and statements, (New York: Grove Press, 1990) 201.

In the past, yes, I have made sweeping indictments of all white people. I will never be guilty of that again — as I know now that some white people are truly sincere, that some truly are capable of being brotherly toward a black man. The true Islam has shown me that a blanket indictment of all white people is as wrong as when whites make blanket indictments against blacks.
As quoted in Malcolm X: The Seeker of Justice (2003); also quoted at "Malcolm X - An Islamic Perspective"

Brianna
08-06-2015, 06:07 AM
He once was a racist. He changed his views after he met a white Muslim in Saudi Arabia during his pilgrimage to Mecca. He was murdered by a member of the Nation of Islam after he changed his views. That was the official story, anyway.

Let's pretend that he's still alive. Black leaders and spokesmen might place more emphasis on the economy, education, family, and morality. Race might be less of an issue. There might be fewer racial fads and racial gimmicks. Al Sharpton might not have a talk show on MSNBC. :rolleyes:

StonyArabia
08-06-2015, 06:24 AM
Malcom X was not racist as he was.

Brianna
08-06-2015, 07:25 AM
CORE is a good civil rights group. It's a good alternative to the NAACP. The NAACP always support Democrats and their policies and programs. That's one reason why Democrats take black voters for granted. Martin Luther King was a Republican.

The progressive media consult and promote questionable black "experts" on civil rights and racial issues. They avoid and ignore black conservatives and black libertarians. They prefer Al Sharpton over Ben Carson. Compare the two men. Which man has more character and more competence?

You might like "Malcolm X". It's a great film. It's my favorite movie by Spike Lee. Denzel Washington gives an Oscar-worthy performance. The film harkens back to a better cinematic era.