PDA

View Full Version : Which ethnic group have more people that fit in British ISles/UK?

Antimage
08-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Italians or Spaniards?

NORWORLD
08-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Hard to say. Spaniards perhaps?

EL_BARBARO
08-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Italians.

Spaniards fit in Iberia. Perhaps there might be some Brits who could in Iberia as well.

Autrigón
08-10-2015, 03:20 PM
I don't understand the question.
Algún compatriota que me diga a que se refiere el muchacho este

EL_BARBARO
08-10-2015, 03:29 PM
I don't understand the question.
Algún compatriota que me diga a que se refiere el muchacho este

Segun creo entederle, que a ver los entendios de aqui que grupo etnico piensan que pegaria mas en las islas britanicas, que si los italianos o si nosotros los españoles (se entiende que aparte de los britanicos, quiero entender vaya). Vamos que el chavó se ve que se ha empajillao y luego se ha aburrido y que quiere pasarselo en grande con las peleas entre los italianos y los españoles, pa seguir pajeándose se entiende.

No sé si te habré contestao. Tú dirás.

gold_fenix
08-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Italian, Spaniards we look unique and Iberian

Balmung
08-10-2015, 03:54 PM
As a group not very many of either. Probaly South Tyroleans at most.

Antimage
08-10-2015, 06:01 PM
As a group not very many of either. Probaly South Tyroleans at most.

I've seen a lot of spaniards and italians that easily fit in England

Mn The Loki TA Son
08-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Italians

Davush
08-10-2015, 06:06 PM
Neither really. As a group, Spaniards are generally a bit too 'dark', but I find Spanish faces more familiar than Italians (and I'm British-Italian). Individually, probably Italians just because of North Italy.

alnortedelsur
08-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Italians or Spaniards?

Spaniards.

I think that phenotypic overlap between European nations is directly proportional to their geographic closeness, and Spain is geographically closer to British Islands than Italy. I am sure that Italians would overlap more with Germans or Poles than Spaniards, because Italy is closer to those countries than Spain.

But Spaniards look more like Iberians than anything else, and don't give a fuck about looking British.

alnortedelsur
08-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Neither really. As a group, Spaniards are generally a bit too 'dark', but I find Spanish faces more familiar than Italians (and I'm British-Italian). Individually, probably Italians just because of North Italy.

LOL, Spaniards are NOT darker than Italians.

Raikaswinþs
08-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Mid-complexed and Fair Spaniards generally look similar to mid complexed to fair British Islanders as opposed to let's say look similar to a mid-complexed Pole or Bulgarian.

The same is true for mid to dark Britons looking closer to mid to dark Spaniards than mid to dark Greeks or mid to dark Italians. There is a clear East-West phenotype division which is as evident if not more than the north-south complexion division. ITalians however seem however to have a few very purely Germanic types, particularly but not exclusively in the north (I have met some strikingly germanic Neapolitans too) which in Spain are fairly rare. While Spaniards and Iberians have a strong western vibe phenotype-wise, Italians are more "central". Both countries also have a fair share of very purely Mediterraneans that stick out outside Spain/Italy.

This said, in general Italians and Spaniards overlap a lot with each other, and in general either of them pass a lot more confortably in each other country than neither group does in the UK.

EL_BARBARO
08-10-2015, 06:59 PM

I remind you that you told me you are living in one concrete coastal neighbourhood of Malaga City. For one year long, you told me.

That neighbourhood of Malaga City which stays directly on the coast has one of the highest concentrations of gypsy and marengo population in Malaga province, not only in the city. They tend to be darker than the rest of the people.

If you just know that neighbourhood in Malaga of Spain, you can not state you know Spain and Spaniards.

Apart from that neighbourhood, do you know other places in Malaga and/or Spain to be able to claim it?

MagicMan
08-10-2015, 07:06 PM
Spaniards from the north.

alnortedelsur
08-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Spaniards from the north.

Spaniards from the North are NOT particularly different from other Spaniards, except from some pigmentation gradation from north to south (lighter to darker) that, -contrary to popular belief-, is very slight and hardly noticeable. There are plenty of light Spaniards who would easily pass unnoticed in France, Britain or Central Europe in southern and Eastern Spanish regions, and there are also plenty of more Mediterranean Spaniards in the northern Spanish regions. The only difference is that there is a bit higher frequency of lighter types in northern Spain, and the same goes the other way around with darker types.

alnortedelsur
08-10-2015, 07:20 PM
I remind you that you told me you are living in one concrete coastal neighbourhood of Malaga City. For one year long, you told me.

That neighbourhood of Malaga City which stays directly on the coast has one of the highest concentrations of gypsy and marengo population in Malaga province, not only in the city. They tend to be darker than the rest of the people.

If you just know that neighbourhood in Malaga of Spain, you can not state you know Spain and Spaniards.

Apart from that neighbourhood, do you know other places in Malaga and/or Spain to be able to claim it?

LOL at this people who will never understand that Spaniards are genetically and phenotype wise (including pigmentation) very well into the European spectrum, but insist that Spaniards are some kind of hybrid of gypsies, Arabs and Berbers, with a hint of black Africans, and only a little bit of European blood that came with Romans, and then with Visigoths, LOL.

Davush
08-10-2015, 07:26 PM

Notice I put 'dark' in inverted commas - my meaning was that Spanish faces in general look more British than Italian faces, but sometimes a bit too dark to pass for actual British as a group, obviously this doesn't apply to all Spaniards. Yes, Málaga might be slightly darker than average, but as alnortedelsur has said, the difference between northern and southern Spain isn't actually that great (with most people falling somewhere in the middle). Notice also, I said as "individuals", there seem to be more northern-euro looking north Italians than Spaniards, but this is just an assumption. Most Italians I know are southern, and definitely less 'British' looking than Spaniards as a whole, which is why I said 'neither' as my first option.

@alnortedelsur, I don't think he was saying Málaga is full of gypsies, just that it has a slightly higher percentage than the rest of Spain. The majority still look European and just general Spanish to me, even from Andalucía.

alnortedelsur
08-10-2015, 07:32 PM
@alnortedelsur, I don't think he was saying Málaga is full of gypsies, just that it has a slightly higher percentage than the rest of Spain. The majority still look European and just general Spanish to me, even from Andalucía.

I was NOT criticizing him (I even thumbed up his comment), I was rather laughing WITH him about people who stereotype Spaniards in certain ways.

Davush
08-10-2015, 07:33 PM
I was NOT criticizing him (I even thumbed up his comment), I was rather laughing WITH him about people who stereotype Spaniards in certain ways.

Oops! Misunderstanding. I agree with you in that case.

Tooting Carmen
08-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Mid-complexed and Fair Spaniards generally look similar to mid complexed to fair British Islanders as opposed to let's say look similar to a mid-complexed Pole or Bulgarian.

The same is true for mid to dark Britons looking closer to mid to dark Spaniards than mid to dark Greeks or mid to dark Italians. There is a clear East-West phenotype division which is as evident if not more than the north-south complexion division. ITalians however seem however to have a few very purely Germanic types, particularly but not exclusively in the north (I have met some strikingly germanic Neapolitans too) which in Spain are fairly rare. While Spaniards and Iberians have a strong western vibe phenotype-wise, Italians are more "central". Both countries also have a fair share of very purely Mediterraneans that stick out outside Spain/Italy.

This said, in general Italians and Spaniards overlap a lot with each other, and in general either of them pass a lot more confortably in each other country than neither group does in the UK.

Good answer. I'd also say that Spaniards (principally but by no means exclusively Catalans and Basques) have more overlap with Brits than do other Southern Europeans, though as you say Italians and Spaniards resemble each other much more strongly than either group resembles any Northern European group.

Imamudin
08-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Spaniards probably. Italians are more "South Central European" looking.

Raikaswinþs
08-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Good answer. I'd also say that Spaniards (principally but by no means exclusively Catalans and Basques) have more overlap with Brits than do other Southern Europeans, though as you say Italians and Spaniards resemble each other much more strongly than either group resembles any Northern European group.

The purely Basque stereotype is dark haired, mid to dark skinned , long and narrow faced and big nosed, like the males in this Basque TV add. I don't know why some people here want to believe so hardly that Basques and Catalans are any less mediterranean than the average in the rest of Spain. The distribution of morenos vs rubios
it's pretty much even all over the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTmQ7LkOCHc

Tooting Carmen
08-10-2015, 08:52 PM
I take your word for it, but don't Basques cluster further North than most other Spaniards?

Raikaswinþs
08-10-2015, 08:55 PM
I take your word for it, but don't Basques cluster further North than most other Spaniards?

They may be, I don't claim to know a dime about mDNA or haplogroups. I am talking only about physical appearance.

Cristiano viejo
08-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Spaniards.
Another Hungarian thread about Spaniards, such obssesion.

Antimage
08-11-2015, 05:45 AM
Spaniards.
Another Hungarian thread about Spaniards, such obssesion.

indeed

Cristiano viejo
08-11-2015, 02:44 PM
indeed

Why?

Lawalye
08-11-2015, 02:50 PM
french bretons, they look very similar to the welsh.

abcd123
08-11-2015, 02:52 PM
A lighter Spaniard could fit better in the UK than a lighter Italian IMO.

Armand_Duval
08-11-2015, 02:55 PM
OMG!, this kind of nonsensical threads.:picard2:

Sikeliot
08-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Spanish. The facial structure is more similar than between Italians and Brits, regardless of coloring. And darker Brits usually do not look similar to Italians.

Northern Italians might be more Central European, but central and southern Italians look as little like Brits as they do like Iraqis.

Autrigón
08-11-2015, 11:32 PM
Segun creo entederle, que a ver los entendios de aqui que grupo etnico piensan que pegaria mas en las islas britanicas, que si los italianos o si nosotros los españoles (se entiende que aparte de los britanicos, quiero entender vaya). Vamos que el chavó se ve que se ha empajillao y luego se ha aburrido y que quiere pasarselo en grande con las peleas entre los italianos y los españoles, pa seguir pajeándose se entiende.

No sé si te habré contestao. Tú dirás.ah vale entiendo, agradecido estoy. Como mola farfullar en un castellanote chungo pa que los gachós estos no se pispen de nada ni trajinando con el más molón de los traducimientos de la internés. Si, está claro, otro tema más para intentar joder la marrana a los mediterráneos, en realidad lo mejor sería no hacer ni caso a toda esta peña toca webs porque siempre entramos a defendernos como cabestros y no hacemos más que animarles a que sigan metiéndonos el dedo en el ojal erre que erre

gold_fenix
08-11-2015, 11:43 PM
ah vale entiendo, agradecido estoy. Como mola farfullar en un castellanote chungo pa que los gachós estos no se pispen de nada ni trajinando con el más molón de los traducimientos de la internés. Si, está claro, otro tema más para intentar joder la marrana a los mediterráneos, en realidad lo mejor sería no hacer ni caso a toda esta peña toca webs porque siempre entramos a defendernos como cabestros y no hacemos más que animarles a que sigan metiéndonos el dedo en el ojal erre que erre

peo nu mire comu nus denfendemous , le corroe pol too el cuerpo la rabia

guyinsf
08-13-2015, 07:04 AM
I would say the one phenotype that could connect Britain to Spain or Italy is atlantid/north atlantid and I'm used to seeing a tad more atlantids from Italy than Spain so maybe Italy.