PDA

View Full Version : Do you smoke?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Loki
08-08-2010, 10:34 PM
I think there's an old thread like this, but can't find it now. So a new one. :)

Me: a little. Started about 2 weeks ago, and quite enjoying the occasional tobacco headrush. But, as with everything else in my life, I will get bored with it soon enough. :cool:

Grumpy Cat
08-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Me: a little. Started about 2 weeks ago, and quite enjoying the occasional tobacco headrush. But, as with everything else in my life, I will get bored with it soon enough. :cool:

Warning (and I think I told you this before). That is EXACTLY how I got addicted to the things.

Once you stop getting the headrush or you get bored of it then BANG, you're addicted.

Cigarettes are evil.

Psychonaut
08-08-2010, 10:42 PM
I still smoke my pipe once a day or so.

Aramis
08-08-2010, 10:42 PM
It depends on the individual, no? I didn't get addicted.

Grumpy Cat
08-08-2010, 10:44 PM
It depends on the individual, no? I didn't get addicted.

Just speaking from my experience.

And people of European descent are genetically more prone to becoming addicted to nicotine, that's something you should keep in consideration. I posted a thread with some articles on it once.

Loki
08-08-2010, 10:48 PM
I don't like machine-made cigarettes. Those stuff are nasty - contains lots of other harmful chemicals like cyanide. I much prefer rolling my own of this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/220000/images/_224593_golden_virginia300.jpg

Grumpy Cat
08-08-2010, 10:50 PM
I don't like machine-made cigarettes. Those stuff are nasty - contains lots of other harmful chemicals like cyanide. I much prefer rolling my own of this:

I used to roll my own but then I kept getting harassed by campus security at university because they end up looking like joints.

Do you put filters in yours?

Loki
08-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Do you put filters in yours?

Yes I do. And, I've perfected the rolling art, they don't look like joints at all. :thumb001:

Grumpy Cat
08-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Yes I do. And, I've perfected the rolling art, they don't look like joints at all. :thumb001:

OK. Good. I used to live with some girls from France who didn't put filters in theirs. NASTY!

Beorn
08-08-2010, 10:56 PM

All tobacco on the market has traces of Hydrogen Cyanide.

Grumpy Cat
08-08-2010, 11:00 PM
All tobacco on the market has traces of Hydrogen Cyanide.

All burning plant matter does. Same with tar.

Tomasz
08-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Cigarettes are evil.

I don't see a purpose in smoking that. I've tried once, it's not enjoyable for me, it's unhealthy and can addict. To sum it up - only disadvantages.

But of course everyone has free choice. I'm not going to act as someone's parent or catechist.

Æscwyn
08-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Only from my ears when I'm angry. :D

Grumpy Cat
08-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Here's the SNPedia entry about the marker that exists in people of European ancestry which makes them more prone to nicotine addiction.

http://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs1051730

Some people actually say this is the Native Americans' revenge for us introducting them to alcohol, which they are more genetically prone to becoming addicted to.

So smokes = Montezuma's revenge???

BiałaZemsta
08-08-2010, 11:30 PM
I tried smoking... didn't like it. Cigarettes give me a headache. I hated inhaling those things too, it didn't feel healthy.

anonymaus
08-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Using tobacco, delicious and aromatic though it may be, in this day and age is rather like closing one's eyes when crossing a busy street.

Blood Trinity
08-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Like a chimney, 6 years.

Skandi
08-09-2010, 12:39 AM
I tried smoking... didn't like it. Cigarettes give me a headache.

SNAP, I will do occasionally (like once or twice a year) when drunk and out with certain mates, but I always wake up with a mouth that feels like a hampsters nest, and clothes that stink. never feel the need for another, but then most "drugs" have little effect on me so maybe that's why.

Svipdag
08-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Not for the past 34 years. I quit "cold turkey:" in 1976. Despite having smoked since 1948: pipe, then cigars also after 1953, then cigarettes after 1968, I was not addicted. I experienced no problem with withdrawal, only a wistful longing for good cigars which was only regret, not craving.

Piparskeggr
08-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Smoked 3 packs a day of Marlboro "Red Box." Quit at about age 40; just didn't want to anymore. I think I still light up maybe once or twice a year, not often enough to be occasional ;)

Other folks around me smoke, their choice to do so, my choice to stick around or leave.

SwordoftheVistula
08-09-2010, 02:02 AM
I have a pipe that I smoke periodically

Bloodeagle
08-09-2010, 02:15 AM
I smoked tobacco for about 12 years.
I got started smoking clove cigarettes as a teenager. Then the big health scare came out about how they put holes in your lungs so I started to smoke regular cigarettes. Camel lights were my brand until I quit.

Now I only smoke non addictive substances and then only occasionally, once a day maximum!:D

Óttar
08-09-2010, 02:38 AM
No. Last time I smoked I was walking around campus with a friend discussing international relations. We were drunk. He gave me a cigarette. I smoked it. The conversation was good. We were drunk. He gave me another. The conversation was still good. We were still drunk. I had yet another. The next morning I woke up and had the most awful feeling ever. I couldn't get out of bed the whole day. I have acid reflux disease. It was at that moment I realised that smoking would kill me, so I stopped smoking then and there.

nisse
08-09-2010, 02:59 AM
This new girlfriend of yours is bringing out the worst in you :p :D.

I don't usually smoke. Only if I am out drinking with smokers, in which case I do, to save myself from becoming a drunk ass (or at least delay it somewhat :ohwell:).

Loddfafner
08-09-2010, 03:25 AM
I started smoking Marlboro reds at a very young age. Now I am up to 4 or 5 packs a day. When I was 12 I took up crack but as I got older I realized that meth is a far more economical smoke. It is a very useful habit as I was forced to sell my worldly possessions on EBay. Fortunately, the bridge under which I currently inhabit has WiFi access.

Grumpy Cat
08-09-2010, 03:27 AM
Fortunately, the bridge under which I currently inhabit has WiFi access.

So how do you charge the battery on your laptop? Or should I even ask?

Loddfafner
08-09-2010, 03:34 AM
So how do you charge the battery on your laptop? Or should I even ask?

My lifestyle has gotten my ancestors spinning in their graves. This spinning motion generates electricity which I channel through a system of stolen hubcaps and copper wires. Rube Goldberg's diagrams are very helpful for this sort of thing.

The horns of billy goats actually generate the wifi signal.

Electronic God-Man
08-09-2010, 03:35 AM
I used to smoke fairly frequently in high school. Quit for a long time completely but then I started smoking whenever I drink. Still do that, but I am thinking I shouldn't. I think it plays a hand in the acid stomach I get sometimes when I've had a bit to drink.

Not to mention that I already have a lifetime's worth of second-hand smoke from my parents.

Grumpy Cat
08-09-2010, 03:37 AM
My lifestyle has gotten my ancestors spinning in their graves.

Really? I always thought a meth-head Odinist was a REAL Odinist. At least that's what you would think from visiting one certain forum which cannot be named. :zip-lip::taped-shut:

Lithium
08-09-2010, 04:42 AM
Most of my friends are smoking... before 1 month I decided to try it too. It wasn't bad, but I am not going to buy another pack. Maybe I will smoke just on some parties, birthdays and etc.

Tyrrhenoi
08-09-2010, 06:50 AM
I smoke expensive corona size sigars on special occasions - the good thing about those sigars is that you don't inhale them through your lungs. You fill your neck and mouth with the smoke and taste the flavour. It's all about the flavour. Sigars are less addicional beacause of that....;)

I tried sigarets for a while.... - but I swiched to my gun-addiction to releive stress and frustrations. - Once a week I go to the shooting-range and shoot the shit out of some targets. It's even less expensive than sigarets - you should try it :D

Inese
08-09-2010, 10:12 AM
No i dont smoke and never smoked.:icon_yes: A good health is ireplaceable!

Liffrea
08-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Nope I like to be able to run more than three yards without being knackered. Besides the old man is advert enough for what you’ll be like in old age, chronic lung disease that will kill you isn’t my idea of a good time, some of the shit he brings up out of his lungs…

Smaland
08-10-2010, 03:47 PM
A couple of times, I've read that nicotine can be useful against Alzheimer's Disease. Does anyone have any comments? I'm not afflicted by this condition, just asking.

Bloodeagle
08-10-2010, 04:01 PM
A couple of times, I've read that nicotine can be useful against Alzheimer's Disease. Does anyone have any comments? I'm not afflicted by this condition, just asking.

Many Native Americans view traditional ceremonial tobacco use as, "BIG MEDICINE"!:)

Eldritch
08-10-2010, 06:37 PM
My pipe collection is starting to look like a pipe graveyard. I blame this country's idiotic tobacco laws.

Maybe I should dust them off and start puffing again while the weather still permits.

http://i34.tinypic.com/wt80sk.jpg

Piparskeggr
08-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Let's see...I have found that (like any environmental factor) smoking affects different people in different ways.

My grampa Harold smoked 4 packs a day of Chesterfields or Pall Malls (unfiltered ciggies, only slightly smoother than Camels). He died at age 82 of complications due to exposure to soot and asbestos...doctor's autopsy and tissue analysis (with grampa's pre-mortem knowledge and permission) showed no effects attributable to tobacco use. He had quit at age 64 because he didn't like smoking anymore.

My dad (as did I) smoked 3 packs a day of Marlboro filtered ciggies. He quit cigs at age 53, smoked 15 cigars a day for several years and quit entirely by age 60. He died of lung cancer at the end of February, age 75. No autopsy, but from the biopsies, the oncologist thinks it was soot and asbestos related, exacerbated by tobacco use.

Both grampa and dad were steam fitters of a day when a man would mix asbestos cement by hand and would go inside a furnace to clean boiler tubes by hand, with no "personal protective equipment."

My wife's paternal grandmother died of lung cancer in her 80's; never touched a bit of tobacco in her life.

Me, after all the smoking (quit at age 40 or so) I did (plus bouts with pneumonia, chronic bronchitis and asthma)...my stress test 2 years ago, which did not show the heart defect I have...maximum speed, elevation and time on the treadmill for a man my age (51 then) with no lower than 95% oxygen saturation. Much better than average recovery after the exercise. The med-techs were astonished to find out that I do not do any work-outs. They thought I ran at least 3 - 4 miles a day. I told them that "I don't run for nobody since getting out of the service," which was in the fall of 1992.

Like any toxin, individual humans will react differently.

This is why medicine is an Art informed by science, and is not actually a science in and of itself.

If medicine was a science, we'd need no pain reliever other than aspirin and no antibiotic other than penicillin...

Sikeliot
05-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Smoking is gross. Yellow fingernails, yellow teeth, excess wrinkles, under-eye circles, and then all of the health complications that come with it? No thanks.

Sikeliot
05-14-2011, 02:23 AM
I'm curious how many cigarette smokers vs. non-cigarette smokers we have here. I am not a smoker, I find it gross but I won't judge anyone for their answer.

Rosenrot
05-14-2011, 02:26 AM
I don't smoke.

I used to do not care if someone smoke close to me. But now, that i'm living in another city and I don't see my smoker friends anymore, i'm starting to realize that the bad smell keeps in my hair, cloths, and also in my lung.

Jägerstaffel
05-14-2011, 02:27 AM
No. I did off and on as a teenager though.

Dark Angel
05-14-2011, 02:29 AM
I don't smoke...never did...

poiuytrewq0987
05-14-2011, 02:32 AM
No, as I only smoke when I'm under stress. I'd smoke for like a couple weeks then stop smoking completely for months then again for a few weeks then stop again and so on...

Laubach
05-14-2011, 02:32 AM
Yes, I smoke!!

Loddfafner
05-14-2011, 02:35 AM
I smoked cigarettes as a kid. Nowadays I only smoke crack.

The Lawspeaker
05-14-2011, 02:36 AM
Yap. Either Benson & Hedges:

http://www.cigarettespedia.com/images/7/72/Benson_hedges_gold_ks_20_h_england.jpg

Or Dunhill:

http://www.sixthseal.com/archive/May2005/dunhill_twin_pack_open.jpg

As depending on how big my budget is. :coffee:

Laubach
05-14-2011, 02:36 AM
Smoking is gross. Yellow fingernails, yellow teeth, excess wrinkles, under-eye circles, and then all of the health complications that come with it? No thanks.

I smoke since I was 15 years (I am 27) and got nothing of what you said

Sikeliot
05-14-2011, 02:40 AM
I smoke since I was 15 years (I am 27) and got nothing of what you said

Wait another 20 or 30 years..

Efim45
05-14-2011, 02:40 AM
Yes, but you probably have black lungs and a tar-lined trachea.

Laubach
05-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Benson is a very good cigarette!!!

The Lawspeaker
05-14-2011, 02:44 AM
Benson is a very good cigarrete!!!
Yap. I fell in love with it when I was in England (by accident.. it was the first brand that I picked when buying smokes in Harwich). Excellent cigarettes !

Lábaru
05-14-2011, 02:45 AM

no need this time, bad breath for example occurs very quickly, the problem is that a smoker does not notice it himself, in the same way that he not perceives the stinky aroma of his hair and clothes.

Laubach
05-14-2011, 02:45 AM

Not necessary

Laubach
05-14-2011, 02:46 AM
Yes, but you probably have black lungs and a tar-lined trachea.

No, I´m very health

Winterwolf
05-14-2011, 02:48 AM
I hate do admit it, but yes, I smoke again. I began at the age of 15 and smoked for 10 years. I quitted it for 1,5 years, but during exams at university I started it again.

I wish to stop smoking again, it's a disgusting habit. An ex-smoker will never be like a non-smoker and therefore be free; he will always be an addicted.
Even if you quit, you’re just an ex-addicted which has to resist at every opportunity. There are trigger effects, f.e. while going out with friends, having a good time and drinking, or after meals. It’s hard to resist, but I managed it once to quit for more than a year and I’m sure that I will succeed again, as soon as I try it seriously again!

My willpower is rather strong and I'm going to quit it this summer, but this time forever!

Rosenrot
05-14-2011, 02:50 AM
There's a guy on my work who have green teeths, but I guess it's for the coffee |o|

alexandra
05-14-2011, 02:52 AM
i've smoked for 8 years. i think it's disgusting, expensive and smelly. i will quit someday, but as of right now it's not going to happen.

Laubach
05-14-2011, 02:54 AM
There's a guy on my work who have green teeths, but I guess it's for the coffee |o|

Acho q não é o cigarro o problema dele e nem o café!!!

Laubach
05-14-2011, 02:55 AM
Yap. I fell in love with it when I was in England (by accident.. it was the first brand that I picked when buying smokes in Harwich). Excellent cigarettes !

Dou you like Rothmans?

Rosenrot
05-14-2011, 02:58 AM
Im jellows of people who smoke cause then can buy nice lighters. I can buy it as well, but what I'll do with that? Light up a fire? There's also nice boxes as a gift for the smoker.

I have frivolous motives somethimes, but what woman does not it?

espero q n seja, pq eu adoro café o.o

The Lawspeaker
05-14-2011, 02:59 AM
Dou you like Rothmans?
We can't get them here in the Netherlands but I could give it a try when I am in England again. What are they like ?

Laubach
05-14-2011, 03:01 AM
I have 4 Zippos. I collect

Laubach
05-14-2011, 03:02 AM
Like Benson mixed with Marlboro.

Another good cigarette!

SwordoftheVistula
05-14-2011, 03:33 AM
Not much anymore. The 5 cartons I got last February finally ran out a week or few ago.

Now, I mostly just smoke a pipe.

Electronic God-Man
05-14-2011, 03:56 AM
I smoked regularly for a year or so in high school and then quit for a few years only to begin smoking again when I drink.

I almost always end up smoking when I drink. I'm that drunken asshole that asks you if he can bum a cig.

PS. I don't find the act of smoking disgusting at all and the smell isn't so bad either, but I may be biased since both my parents smoked like chimneys. The only reason I try not to smoke often is the health effects.

rich86
05-14-2011, 04:04 AM
I don't smoke cigarettes. :) ;)

Dario Argento
05-14-2011, 05:07 AM
I'm gross. I guess. I also used to smoke lots of Marijuana until 2 months ago or so.

rich86
05-14-2011, 05:18 AM
Great thread topic, Portuguese Princess. ;)

I voted 'No' :)

Bloodeagle
05-14-2011, 05:21 AM
I use to smoke cigarettes. I first became addicted to clove cigarettes from Indonesia, at the age of 15, but then I switched over to Benson & Hedges menthol cigarettes. These menthol's, I would steal from my step-father. I eventually settled on Camel filters for about 10 years before I was able to quit the evil tobacco, forever.

I'm gross. I guess. I also used to smoke lots of Marijuana until 2 months ago or so.

Use a vaporizer, it's much healthier on the lungs. You don't have to burn the medicine to vaporize the THC. :D

rich86
05-14-2011, 05:24 AM
I've used a vaporizer as well. :)

Max
05-14-2011, 06:12 AM
Started smoking when I was 13 and it became habitual at age 16. I quit for 2 months because of surgery but started smoking again.
I cant picture life without cigarettes :smokin:

http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/product_images/n/791/pallmall__16265_zoom.jpg

Magister Eckhart
05-14-2011, 06:28 AM
Cigars and pipe only. Cigarettes are for the proles.

jerney
05-14-2011, 07:45 AM
I'm pretty sure this topic already exists and has like a million replies, but anyway, no, I don't. Never tried and never will because I find it repulsive

Loki
05-14-2011, 07:50 AM
No.

Last year I wanted to experiment to see what all the fuss was about. So I smoked moderately for two months. I gave it up completely then because I saw no benefit to smoking whatsoever. It made me feel jittery, panicky, dirty, smelly and generally unwell. It cannot be good for your body. One has only one body and it's a good idea to take care of it.

For those who insist on smoking, why do you smoke those machine-rolled chemical bombs? It is far better to roll your own from tobacco, less additional harmful chemicals. But even that I don't like. Nicotine is a very addictive stimulant. It gives you clarity of mind for some time but overall not worth it.

Max
05-14-2011, 08:02 AM
No.

Last year I wanted to experiment to see what all the fuss was about. So I smoked moderately for two months. I gave it up completely then because I saw no benefit to smoking whatsoever. It made me feel jittery, panicky, dirty, smelly and generally unwell. It cannot be good for your body. One has only one body and it's a good idea to take care of it.

For those who insist on smoking, why do you smoke those machine-rolled chemical bombs? It is far better to roll your own from tobacco, less additional harmful chemicals. But even that I don't like. Nicotine is a very addictive stimulant. It gives you clarity of mind for some time but overall not worth it.

I tried smoking American Spirit but ehhh it wasn't doing it for me. Dont really like cigars either:dunno: I made a promise to my friend that when his first child (my god child) is born id quit smoking. Only 5 1/2 more months left :cry2

Loki
05-14-2011, 08:07 AM
I tried smoking American Spirit but ehhh it wasn't doing it for me. Dont really like cigars either:dunno: I made a promise to my friend that when his first child (my god child) is born id quit smoking. Only 5 1/2 more months left :cry2

This one is very good, and tastes far better than a machine-rolled cigarette:

Max
05-14-2011, 08:34 AM

Il give it a shot:thumb001: Hopefully it wont be mistaken for weed:D

Debaser11
05-14-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm a long distance runner. So there's a clear conflict of interest there. But since I don't run competitively anymore and also enjoy drinking modestly while pontificating (as opposed to watching television), the temptation to smoke is great.

But at the age of twenty-five I began smoking. I mostly gravitated toward Camel Lights. I just stopped this past February. I think I have it licked. The only time I really get the urge to anymore is when I'm drinking. But as winterwolf said, being an ex-smoker is different than being a non-smoker. Before there was never a temptation; now, the temptation pops up out of nowhere every once in a while.

I used to say all of the things non-smokers say about cigarettes. ("They're icky." "They're gaross." Well, not those exact words, but anyways...) Once you actually see what all the fuss is about, you understand. For one, smoking makes something like coffee or alcohol twenty times more enjoyable. And secondly, smoking does seem to stimulate the mind, in my experience. Finally, there's nothing like a nice smoke after a filling meal. Nothing.

Regarding the flavor and smell, I'll give it to the non-smokers that cigarette smoke is kind of gross (though once you become a smoker you learn to enjoy it) but if you can't appreciate the aroma of burning from tobacco from a pipe, then you are a prole (to steal Magister Eckhart's word). I'm likely to also think people who can't appreciate ANY tobacco smell also dislike anything that's not either sweet or salty. They have an unrefined palatte.
They dislike caviar, put ketch-up on steak, hate coffee, only drink Smirnoff or wine coolers (or just drink to get drunk).

Magister Eckhart
05-14-2011, 08:41 AM

I've heard from very reliable sources that if you do want to do the DIY thing, Drum is the best on the market.

Laubach
05-14-2011, 12:45 PM
I like Cigars too. I promised that I would quit smoking when I'm 30 years or sooner if i get married. As I am engaged, I think I have little time

mymy
05-14-2011, 12:48 PM
No and never tried. My both parents smoke... And my sister started too.

Peyrol
05-14-2011, 12:53 PM

I smoke about 5-7 cigarettes, but only if i go to disco or i'm drunked.

Rouxinol
05-14-2011, 01:38 PM
No. Thank God it's forbidden to smoke indoors. Even so, today I was having breakfast in an esplanade and I had to tell the person on the table next to mine to stop smoking because my food was starting to taste like smoke.

heathen_son
05-14-2011, 11:17 PM
I've heard from very reliable sources that if you do want to do the DIY thing, Drum is the best on the market.

Drum tobacco is a real man's smoke. I smoke Old Holborn.

Started at Uni. On and off, usually with drink. Gave up for a long while. Then I started working full time and I gradually increased.

Nothing like going for a long walk, coming to a stop by a lake and taking in the beautiful view with a lungful.

But I hate smoking. It's unhealthy and dirty. And my friends only encourage me. Oh, when will I be set free?

Dario Argento
05-15-2011, 12:54 AM
Il give it a shot:thumb001: Hopefully it wont be mistaken for weed:D

That's the problem for handrolled tobacco. If I was walking the street puffing one the cops would bother me. But Argentina isn't so harsh with Marijuana. The problem is that the cops would bother you anyway at the view of a joint.

askra
05-15-2011, 01:11 AM
no, i have never smoked a cigarette in my life, i think it is the most stupid thing to do!
i have two uncles died of lung cancer due to the smoke!

Murphy
05-15-2011, 02:06 AM
20-30 a day. Closer to 30.

The Lawspeaker
05-15-2011, 08:39 PM
20-30 a day. Closer to 30.
Holy fuck... you must be a poor man (cigs in Britain.... some 6 and a half a package, no ? )

_______
05-16-2011, 12:33 AM
not a smoker but i smoke socially sometimes

Murphy
05-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Holy fuck... you must be a poor man (cigs in Britain.... some 6 and a half a package, no ? )

I smoke rolling tobacco these days. Saves me a fortune otherwise I'd be throwing £10+ away every day.

Bard
05-16-2011, 12:44 AM
I don't smoke because it's too expensive, if I had more money I'd smoke pot now and then.

rich86
05-16-2011, 12:45 AM
I smoke trees. :)

blaidd
07-30-2011, 02:36 AM
No, but I've lived nearly 15 years with two smokers who don't believe that cancer exists and have no regard for the people around them. Yes, they actually believe that smoking two packs a day isn't unhealthy for them at all. I'm not exaggerating whatsoever.

I might not be smoking the cigarettes myself, but there's no way it doesn't have an impact on me.

Mordid
07-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Na, I dont smoke cigarettes. I used to smoke weed in party and I got to admit that smoking weed make you crazy, lol. Ah, those good old time. :)

Ibericus
07-30-2011, 04:52 PM
No, and never did.

Peerkons
07-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Yes.

CelticTemplar
07-30-2011, 05:43 PM
No.

Sikeliot
07-30-2011, 05:46 PM
I am glad to see most of you do not smoke :)

Trog
07-30-2011, 05:59 PM
It seems most Iberians are not likely to be smokers now, I think this is possibly a reverse of the past? I always assume people from southern Europe smoke.

Anyway, I hate it, I would refuse to have a relationship with a smoker, it instantly strikes me as a weakness and puts me right off. I think this is relative to 'survival of the fittest'. Since all those chemicals are harming the body, they also affect the quality of sperm too.

Sikeliot
07-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Anyway, I hate it, I would refuse to have a relationship with a smoker, it instantly strikes me as a weakness and puts me right off. I think this is relative to 'survival of the fittest'. Since all those chemicals are harming the body, they also affect the quality of sperm too.

I agree. And then you have the other results of smoking; bad breath, yellow teeth, extra wrinkles and all the diseases that accompany them later in life.

Keyboard Warrior
07-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Im tryin' to quit but im failing :(

Dario Argento
07-30-2011, 06:05 PM
It seems most Iberians are not likely to be smokers now, I think this is possibly a reverse of the past? I always assume people from southern Europe smoke.

It depends. I'm surprised most of them here don't smoke. Spaniards I know in real life smoke as much as us. I heard cigarrettes are very expensive there so maybe it has something to do with the crisis they had?

Germanicus
07-30-2011, 06:07 PM
I am glad to see most of you do not smoke :)

From the age of 15 i smoked cigarettes, every UK brand i tried and tested, then i went on to discover mostly every european brand of cigarettes.
When i was in my early 20s i cut down my habit of 20-30 and eventually stopped. In my 30s i started smoking again, off and on i would start smoking again and again i would quit.
Then back in 1997 i stopped smoking cigars and cigarettes, hand on my heart i promise you i would never smoke again.
Several factors made me stop smoking, apart from health matters it was the financial cost of the habit, my habit cost me per week £42 that means per month my habit cost me £168 at the time my mortgage for my house was around £370-£400 per month, so you can see why quiting cigarettes came easily to me?

Ibericus
07-30-2011, 06:12 PM

well, according to this site, Netherlands, Luxembroug, Germans, Austrians, Estonians, etc. smoke more than Spain :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_tobacco_consumption

Trog
07-30-2011, 06:16 PM
For one, smoking makes something like coffee or alcohol twenty times more enjoyable.

Smoking is the most prevalent risk factor in oropharyngeal cancer (http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Cancerinformation/Cancertypes/Headneck/Typesofheadneckcancers/Oropharynx.aspx)(oral cancer). The following German study (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18677645) also established that olfactory senses are impaired due to cigarette smoking and in those who smoke more than 20 per day, taste is also affected.

And secondly, smoking does seem to stimulate the mind, in my experience.

In this British Medical Journal study (http://www.bmj.com/content/320/7242/1097.full), smokers are twice as likely to suffer dementia than non-smokers.

I'm likely to also think people who can't appreciate ANY tobacco smell also dislike anything that's not either sweet or salty. They have an unrefined palatte. They dislike caviar, put ketch-up on steak, hate coffee, only drink Smirnoff or wine coolers (or just drink to get drunk).

This pretty much describes me, except I eat organic and I like spicy foods too. Yet you eat such fine food yet destroy all the benefits of it by indulging in all those toxins that cigarettes will fill you with after that "filling meal".

Neanderthal
07-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Cigars are the best.
http://i52.tinypic.com/ezjpjm.jpg

Trog
07-30-2011, 06:34 PM
well, according to this site, Netherlands, Luxembroug, Germans, Austrians, Estonians, etc. smoke more than Spain :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_tobacco_consumption

The Baltic State and Balkans are really high! And lol@ Russia! It seems the more east one goes, smoking increases significantly. I've noted most east Asians and Poles smoke over here. Which annoys me because then the NHS has to provide them with healthcare.

Piparskeggr
07-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Started with a pipe in college, but in the field while on military duty I found cigarettes to be much more convenient.

By age 25 I was smoking 3 packs a day of Marlboro red box, by 35 I had cut back to 2 packs a day and by 40 I quit...my weight went from 185# to 270#. I went back toto 2 - 3 packs a year, which is where I am at still, weight's down to 220#. Occasionally have a pipeful of my favorite blend or a fine cigar, too.

If I shave off the beard and mustache, the lack of wrinkles makes me look 10 years younger. ;)

Damião de Góis
07-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Sometimes, when the wind is in the right direction...

Barreldriver
07-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Used to smoke on regular basis from the age of 17 to just 5 months ago, I still dip and chaw tobacco on regular basis, been dippin n' spittin' since I was 9.

Damião de Góis
07-30-2011, 07:32 PM
it instantly strikes me as a weakness

Weakness in what way? It's just an habit or a past time, even if it's a stupid one. Pretty much like drinking.

Gamera
07-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Never have, never will.

Trog
07-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Weakness in what way? It's just an habit or a past time, even if it's a stupid one. Pretty much like drinking.

Weakness in you know how bad it is for you, how much it makes you smell, how it causes yellow teeth, is money that could be spent on getting a better car or new shoes, yet still smokers can't quit.

Besides, its so common amongst homosexuals that a guy smoking makes him look gay, maybe because it's also a phallic symbol that is being sucked on.

poiuytrewq0987
07-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Nope.

Husaria
07-30-2011, 09:08 PM
I smoke Ciggarettes & Ciggars xD
I am smoking a Ciggarette as we speak while Drinking a beer.
Life is good.

My Grandmother is 87 & has smoked for like almost 75 years.

who cares smoking is something to do & is fun to do when you are drinking.

hannah
07-30-2011, 09:31 PM
I smoked cigarettes as a kid. Nowadays I only smoke crack.
i like that

Damião de Góis
07-30-2011, 10:10 PM
Weakness in you know how bad it is for you, how much it makes you smell, how it causes yellow teeth, is money that could be spent on getting a better car or new shoes, yet still smokers can't quit.

There are a lot of things that people know it's bad for them, yet people still do it. Like some kinds of food or drinks. Even the healthy vegetables that you buy at your supermarket are likely to be geneticaly modified. As for money, buying a beer or chocolates is just as pointless.

Besides, its so common amongst homosexuals that a guy smoking makes him look gay, maybe because it's also a phallic symbol that is being sucked on.

I don't know what kind of cigarettes you have in Scotland but ok, i believe you.

Trog
07-30-2011, 10:14 PM
There are a lot of things that people know it's bad for them, yet people still do it. Like some kinds of food or drinks. Even the healthy vegetables that you buy at your supermarket are likely to be geneticaly modified. As for money, buying a beer or chocolates is just as pointless.

We need food and drink to survive. There's no way you can even compare the damage smoking cigarettes does to you and then claim eating a carrot is just as damaging. Are you serious??

I don't know what kind of cigarettes you have in Scotland but ok, i believe you.

LOL, definite phallic symbol:

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00503/france_smoking_a_503321gm-a.jpg

Damião de Góis
07-30-2011, 10:24 PM
We need food and drink to survive. There's no way you can even compare the damage smoking cigarettes does to you and then claim eating a carrot is just as damaging. Are you serious??

I'm just saying that some things that you consume and think are perfectly harmless are really not. There are also other foods one could consider junk food that people eat too. That's why there are people dying from stomach cancer or high colestrol, etc.

My point is, if you want to criticize one thing then to be coherent with your super healthy life style you should cut with all other things potentialy harmful as well.

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00503/france_smoking_a_503321gm-a.jpg

:rolleyes:

That's a nice ad... in the same lines of this anti-bullfighting video:

EzQ_NBV5Z4g

Neanderthal
07-30-2011, 10:26 PM

Then I guess this guy is gay as fuck.
http://www.nndb.com/people/685/000022619/arnold-stogie-med.jpg

Trog
07-30-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm just saying that some things that you consume and think are perfectly harmless are really not. There are also other foods one could consider junk food that people eat too. That's why there are people dying from stomach cancer or high colestrol, etc.

[quote]My point is, if you want to criticize one thing then to be coherent with your super healthy life style you should cut with all other things potentialy harmful as well.

Smoking also contributes to stomach cancer and high cholesterol. But people would have to consume excessive amounts of junk food to achieve the same damage to their bodies as what cigarettes do. Often it's the people who eat poorly who are also smoking as well. The point being, where is the self-discipline and inner-strength to stop damaging your body? That applies to those who eat junk food too, especially the obese. There are no therapeutic advantages to smoking cigarettes. There are in foods and wines.

:

Trog
07-30-2011, 10:32 PM

why do you think he has to beef up in the first place? A balancing act,perhaps. So yes, smoking is just so gay. That's why cigs are called fags in britain.

Husaria
07-30-2011, 10:34 PM

Yeah this guy was also very feminine & gay too

https://droosan.wikispaces.com/file/view/winston_churchill.jpg/33430683/winston_churchill.jpg

This guy was also very feminine & gay as well.

http://www.tobacco-news.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Cigar-Smoker.jpg

This guy is the most Feminine guy I have ever seen

http://myquitsmokingsecrets.com/images/cigarsmoker.jpg

Neanderthal
07-30-2011, 10:34 PM
why do you think he has to beef up in the first place? A balancing act,perhaps. So yes, smoking is just so gay. That's why cigs are called fags in britain.

:eusa_doh:

Damião de Góis
07-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Smoking also contributes to stomach cancer and high cholesterol. But people would have to consume excessive amounts of junk food to achieve the same damage to their bodies as what cigarettes do. Often it's the people who eat poorly who are also smoking as well. The point being, where is the self-discipline and inner-strength to stop damaging your body? That applies to those who eat junk food too, especially the obese. There are no therapeutic advantages to smoking cigarettes. There are in foods and wines.

I never said smoking was healthy. I'm just saying i find it funny that you are on your high horse saying smoking is bad while you're eating a cheeseburger and drinking pepsi.

Mordid
07-30-2011, 10:37 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7B4MBxqjm3w/S1HY9taDEII/AAAAAAAAANA/yIQMQa6dE8g/s400/dumb.jpg

Neanderthal
07-30-2011, 10:41 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7B4MBxqjm3w/S1HY9taDEII/AAAAAAAAANA/yIQMQa6dE8g/s400/dumb.jpg

Dude, drinking from a straw is a phallic symbol! drink it up from the glass:p

Husaria
07-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Dude, drinking from a straw is a phallic symbol! drink it up from the glass:p

If you put your face up to the glass & lap it up like dog would then is it like a Vaginal symbol?

Neanderthal
07-30-2011, 10:47 PM
That's why I never eat hot-dogs nor sausages, because is like eating a dick, even a chopped sausage is like eating a chopped dick.
:dielaughing:

Dario Argento
07-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Are flutes phallic symbols as well? The worst part is that you actually have to "blow" the flute.

Trog
07-30-2011, 10:54 PM
I never said smoking was healthy. I'm just saying i find it funny that you are on your high horse saying smoking is bad while you're eating a cheeseburger and drinking pepsi.

The last thing I had to eat was prawn salad and a glass of red. None of which will harm me unless taken to excess. Eeven a cheeseburger and pepsi, if these were my choice would be okay. Cigarettes are NEVER okay.

Husaria
07-30-2011, 10:56 PM
The Baltic State and Balkans are really high! And lol@ Russia! It seems the more east one goes, smoking increases significantly. I've noted most east Asians and Poles smoke over here. Which annoys me because then the NHS has to provide them with healthcare.

Yes, Well people with Low MAO levels are more likely to be smokers.

East Asians have low MAO levels than do Whites.

It seems Eastern Europeans likely have lower levels of MAO too.

We have more traits of it.
Low MAO is the warrior gene. High MAO levels cause Depression.

Far Western Europeans seem to have terribly high levels of MAO. That is why you are so Obsessive, Snippy, Prissy, Weak, ect

Which probably explains why you seem so traumatized, prissy & obsessive by Smoking LOL

Men have low MAO than women BTW.

Trog
07-30-2011, 10:57 PM
That's why I never eat hot-dogs nor sausages, because is like eating a dick, even a chopped sausage is like eating a chopped dick.
:dielaughing:

Yeah like guys don't ogle us when we eat bananas or ice poles. But LOL at your post anyway.:lol00002:

Trog
07-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Yes, Well people with Low MAO levels are more likely to be smokers.

East Asians have low MAO levels than do Whites.

It seems Eastern Europeans likely have lower levels of MAO too.

We have more traits of it.
Low MAO is the warrior gene. High MAO levels cause Depression.

Far Western Europeans seem to have terribly high levels of MAO. That is why you are so Obsessive, Snippy, Prissy, Weak, ect

Which probably explains why you seem so traumatized, prissy & obsessive by Smoking LOL

Men have low MAO than women BTW.

yeah, your gook ancestry stood by you. But at least we have necks.

Husaria
07-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Yeah like guys don't ogle us when we eat bananas or ice poles. But LOL at your post anyway.:lol00002:

If you think Ciggarettes are phallic? Why aren't you smoking them when you are a chick?

Are you one of those Dyke, Feminist, Hippie supremaicst types who hates anything that resembles a Phallus?

Trog
07-30-2011, 11:05 PM
If you think Ciggarettes are phallic? Why aren't you smoking them when you are a chick?

Cos I aint in no need of replacement therapy, dawg.

Are you one of those Dyke, Feminist, Hippie supremaicst types who hates anything that resembles a Phallus?

Are you kidding me? Dykes smoke too, just like they use strap ons, they're substituting.

Now where's killer to make me laugh again.....

Husaria
07-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Posted by Sorcha
why do you think he has to beef up in the first place? A balancing act,perhaps. So yes, smoking is just so gay. That's why cigs are called fags in britain..

The orgin of the term fag is a bundle of sticks.

Ciggarettes are almost like a bundle of Tabacco.

Trog
07-30-2011, 11:08 PM
The orgin of the term fag is a bundle of sticks.

Ciggarettes are almost like a bundle of Tabacco.

That's Fasci, not fag. I'm not sure where brits got the inspiration from, but it fits since fags like fags.

Husaria
07-30-2011, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=AlexDelarge;485674]I'm just saying that some things that you consume and think are perfectly harmless are really not. There are also other foods one could consider junk food that people eat too. That's why there are people dying from stomach cancer or high colestrol, etc.

:

Smoking increases DHEA, Dopamine,Serotonin, Acetylcholine, Norepinephrine.
IT lowers MAO levels.

Which all stimulate mood & learning.

Besides that? We all die sometime anyways.

Might as well enjoy life & just do what ever we want while we live.

Husaria
07-30-2011, 11:12 PM
That's Fasci, not fag. I'm not sure where brits got the inspiration from, but it fits since fags like fags.

Faggot = Bundle of Sticks

Fag = Short for Faggot.

Trog
07-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Smoking increases DHEA, Dopamine,Serotonin, Acetylcholine, Norepinephrine.
IT lowers MAO levels.

Where is the evidence to suggest any of this is good?

Which all stimulate mood & learning.

It's only when these levels are low that a boost is needed. Also have to be careful of side-effects if increasing these things. See Dopamine hypothesis.

Besides that? We all die sometime anyways.

Might as well enjoy life & just do what ever we want while we live.

Yes, and enjoy it smeller and looking more attractive. and since steroid have shrunk your balls to the size of peanuts, then stopping smoking is the best thing you can do as smoking causes erectile dysfunction (http://www.webmd.com/erectile-dysfunction/news/20030307/smoking-can-lead-to-erectile-dysfunction).

Trog
07-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Faggot = Bundle of Sticks

Fag = Short for Faggot.

Okay, so its still a term for homosexual as well.

Husaria
07-30-2011, 11:20 PM

It's only when these levels are low that a boost is needed. Also have to be careful of side-effects if increasing these things. See Dopamine hypothesis.

Yes, and enjoy it smeller and looking more attractive. and since steroid have shrunk your balls to the size of peanuts, then stopping smoking is the best thing you can do as smoking causes erectile dysfunction (http://www.webmd.com/erectile-dysfunction/news/20030307/smoking-can-lead-to-erectile-dysfunction).

Humans have higher DHEA levels than do Apes. DHEA stimulates learning & memory.
& Stimulates sex hormone production.

Eh, Smoke smells good. Especially Cigar & Marijuana smoke.

I don't take steroids. I am just Polish naturally muscle. My balls are the size of Kiwi Berries.
Sometimes even the size of Clementines.
Sometimes It feels like I have a Orange dangling between my legs in my boxers.

Damião de Góis
07-30-2011, 11:25 PM
The last thing I had to eat was prawn salad and a glass of red. None of which will harm me unless taken to excess. Eeven a cheeseburger and pepsi, if these were my choice would be okay. Cigarettes are NEVER okay.

Ok, carry on with those then. I will continue with my ocasional smoking.

Husaria
07-30-2011, 11:26 PM

Eh Dopamine overdose seems like fun..

You might think you are Jesus due to Dopamine overdose.

How cool is that?

I take all natural.
I take Vitex Agnes Cactus which increases Dopamine & Lowers Prolactin & Increases Testosterone.
Budda Bing Budda Boom.

Anyways I heard some Schizophrenics stop hearing voices when they Smoke Ciggarettes.

Perhaps more self Jesus feelings & Less Voices

Trog
07-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Humans have higher DHEA levels than do Apes. DHEA stimulates learning & memory.
& Stimulates sex hormone production.

These are short-lived effects (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1383570/) and are generally required by those sufficiently lacking in the first place in these areas. Thats why cigarette smoking is around 90% for Schizophrenics.

Eh, Smoke smells good. Especially Cigar & Marijuana smoke.

No home smells good with tobacco smoke.

I don't take steroids. I am just Polish naturally muscle. My balls are the size of Kiwi Berries.
Sometimes even the size of Clementines.
Sometimes It feels like I have a Orange dangling between my legs in my boxers.

That's because you need sex to empty them. But because of erectile dysfunction....

Trog
07-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Eh Dopamine overdose seems like fun..

You might think you are Jesus due to Dopamine overdose.

How cool is that?

I take all natural.
I take Vitex Agnes Cactus which increases Dopamine & Lowers Prolactin & Increases Testosterone.
Budda Bing Budda Boom.

Anyways I heard some Schizophrenics stop hearing voices when they Smoke Ciggarettes.

Perhaps more self Jesus feelings & Less Voices

They don't stop hearing voices with cigarette smoking, but it does help alleviate the anxiety of experiencing them. See the film "Awakenings" on the dopamine. You see the positive and negative effects.

Husaria
07-30-2011, 11:36 PM
These are short-lived effects (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1383570/) and are generally required by those sufficiently lacking in the first place in these areas. Thats why cigarette smoking is around 90% for Schizophrenics.

No home smells good with tobacco smoke.

That's because you need sex to empty them. But because of erectile dysfunction....

The Nicotinic receptors that generally increase activity during smoking may help Schizophrenics.
Generally

Schizophrenics often have lower MAO levels & People with Lower MAO levels are more likely to smoke.

So it is not surprising that Schizophrenics are more likely to smoke.

Nah, I just have High Testosterone. I often empty 2 or 3 times a day. Sometimes it still feels like I have an orange in my pants.

Laudanum
07-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Nope.

Logan
07-31-2011, 12:02 AM
http://www.astrolabe.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/300x/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/common-163900/Front_Cover.jpeg
http://images.ha.com/lf?source=url%5bfile%3aimages%2finetpub%2fnewnames %2f300%2f2%2f6%2f3%2f263929.jpg%5d%2ccontinueonerr or%5btrue%5d&scale=size%5b220x350%5d%2coptions%5blimit%5d&source=url%5bfile%3aimages%2finetpub%2fwebuse%2fno _image_available.gif%5d%2cif%5b%28%27global.source .error%27%29%5d&sink=preservemd%5btrue%5d
http://static.lulu.com/product/ebook/dude-thats-rude/5919804/thumbnail/detail

Fortis in Arduis
07-31-2011, 12:30 AM
I am using nicotine replacement mouth spray as my old smoking habit resurfaced again.

I recommend it to anyone who likes nicotine but doesn't want to smell like an ashtray or die horribly with a face like a cat's bum.

Economically, it works out as being a seventh of the price of FAGS as well.

I hope the Americans of the board enjoyed that one. ;)

Max
07-31-2011, 03:47 AM
...when they used to tell me I would shorten my life ten years by smoking, they little knew the devotee they were wasting their puerile word upon -- they little knew how trivial and valueless I would regard a decade that had no smoking in it!
-Mark Twain

Boudica
07-31-2011, 04:02 AM
I LOVE to smoke :)

Husaria
07-31-2011, 04:11 AM

Beautiful eyes & loves to smoke?

You are okay :thumb001:

Barbarossa
07-31-2011, 02:01 PM
I smoke Camel natural flavour or Winston blue. Depend on money I have :D

poiuytrewq0987
07-31-2011, 02:08 PM

That's a big turnoff, lady.

Barbarossa
07-31-2011, 02:13 PM
As a Serb you should be familiar with double meaning of ''smoke'' in your languace, specialy regarding womens :D

Sabinae
09-04-2011, 10:31 AM
No, I don't smoke.

I did try to smoke once, but I don't know how to put all that smoke in my lungs and I get coughing instead. Apart from that, I remember having a sore throat afterwards. I didn't like the feeling... and I never tried again.

Lithium
09-04-2011, 10:48 AM
I am a light smoker.
http://www.mysmokingshop.co.uk/newShop/images/products/4052__big.jpg

Talvi
09-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Im a social smoker.

But only if its menthol.
I have anosmia, which means I dont have a sense of smell. But I can feel menthol, I used to think it was the only smell I could smell but turns out its more of a sensation.
Also I like the way smoke looks.

Mordid
09-04-2011, 10:51 AM
No, I dont smoke neither.

billErobreren
09-04-2011, 10:57 AM
I want to say no but

Fortis in Arduis
09-04-2011, 11:05 AM
I just quit again. I have a 'nicorette' mouth spray now, my GP prescribed it to me.

It's not the same as having the asphyxiation 'hit' of a ciggie, but that's just sick anyway.

Why do we do it?

Mordid
09-04-2011, 11:09 AM
I just quit again. I have a 'nicorette' mouth spray now, my GP prescribed it to me.

It's not the same as having the asphyxiation 'hit' of a ciggie, but that's just sick anyway.

Why do we do it?

I wonder the same thing. :mmmm:

Hevneren
09-04-2011, 11:44 AM
I've never smoked before and I don't smoke now. I've had problems with a heaviness of breathing (maybe light asthma attacks), at least when I was younger, and I figure I didn't need to add to that by smoking.

Laubach
09-25-2011, 04:40 AM
After 12 years, I quit smoking a few months ago. I made a promise that he would quit before age 30 or when I married, the latter happened first. I did not want my son grows to see me smoking. The beginning is terrible,it's hard too. Headaches, insomnia, bad mood, but I managed to overcome this phase.

But, I'll be honest, if not unhealthy, i would continue smoking, but I think 12 years was enough. The last remnant of my adolescence, heheh

Beorn
09-25-2011, 04:45 AM
After 12 years, I quit smoking a few months ago. I made a promise that he would quit before age 30 or when I married

Are you homosexual or has your homosexual partner got access to your TA account? :D

Eliades
09-25-2011, 04:48 AM
I quit smoking cigarettes about a month ago, I'll ocassionaly smoke one though. Right now, I smoke cigars. There's a local Tobacco store chain in my area, and they have really good cigars for a good price.

Laubach
09-25-2011, 04:53 AM
Are you homosexual or has your homosexual partner got access to your TA account? :D

ahahahaha

no, no, I just typed fast and wrong

SilverKnight
09-25-2011, 05:18 AM
Nope, only once . It's disgusting the best thing is my gf quit after few weeks we got together :)

StonyArabia
10-05-2011, 02:49 PM
I smoke only Cigars and sometimes a Pipe, but on occasions only. So typical not smoker and certainly not of cigarettes.

BanjaLuka
10-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I used to smoke and drink some 15 years ago... I am a teetotaler now and I don't keep company of people who smoke...:eek::D

http://www.robertlpeters.com/news/wp-content/uploads/I_miss_my_lung_Bob.jpg

http://www.robertlpeters.com/news/wp-content/uploads/Bob_Ive_got_emphysema.jpg

Mordid
10-05-2011, 03:11 PM
I used to smoke weed and what can I say about it? It was fucking awesome!

BanjaLuka
10-05-2011, 03:43 PM
I used to smoke weed and what can I say about it? It was fucking awesome!

Weed is for noobs, you should try LSD....:cool:

Loki
10-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Weed is for noobs, you should try LSD....:cool:

The latter is not easy to find these days.

As for weed - it's great. Done occasionally, only. Otherwise it tends to make one too lazy.

Motörhead Remember Me
10-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I smoked 17 years but quit cold turkey seven years ago.

Kataphraktoi
10-06-2011, 04:37 PM
No, I don't think I've ever even tried it.

morski
10-06-2011, 04:46 PM
I`m 20 a day guy, for 8 years now.

OneWolf
10-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Yep...I smoke about a pack a day!

http://trcs.wikispaces.com/file/view/Marlboro.jpg/43385955/Marlboro.jpg

;)

Piparskeggr
10-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Yep...I smoke about a pack a day!

http://trcs.wikispaces.com/file/view/Marlboro.jpg/43385955/Marlboro.jpg

;)

I used to smoke 3 packs a day of these.
I now smoke about 3 packs a year, my choice.

Eliades
10-13-2011, 05:31 AM
I used to smoke 3 packs a day of these.
I now smoke about 3 packs a year, my choice.

Marloboro Reds are great and all, but damn how do you manage smoking 3 packs a day? I couldn't fathom that lol.

Han Cholo
10-13-2011, 05:50 AM
Marloboro Reds are great and all, but damn how do you manage smoking 3 packs a day? I couldn't fathom that lol.

He clarified "a year". LOL. I think it's a reasonable consumption anyway, just so you don't forget the taste.

I would have thought 3 packs a day is pretty insane, a pack of 25 cigars sold here lasts me at least 3 or 4 days if I don't spare some to my friends.

rhiannon
10-13-2011, 09:06 AM
I was a light smoker from ages 16-32. However, shortly after I had my daughter, I stopped smoking indoors altogether, and would only smoke outside. In addition, unless I was at a bar, smoking in public was NOT a habit of mine.

Completely dropped the habit in 2000 after it ceased to be enjoyable. Now, I find it disgusting and smelly....although, if I've had a few too many, very occasionally, I'll light one up.:eek:

It bothers me when people are smoking in public, near doorways I am walking into with my little boy in tow. I HATE it when I smell it and when I think of his little lungs breathing that shit in.

Sahson
10-13-2011, 09:14 AM
People who smoke should be sentenced to a firing squad.

Laudanum
10-13-2011, 09:38 AM
I think cigarettes are rather uninteresting compared to pipe smoking. I'm a pipe smoker and I occasionally try a cigarette, but to me they kinda taste like pipe tobacco, only without the nice aroma's.:P The other crappy thing about cigarettes is that they last about 3 to 5 minutes, while a pipe can last over an hour.

Sahson
10-13-2011, 09:41 AM
the only pipe people should use is this one.

http://www.treehuggerz.org/000831_0480_0012_nslp_op_437x380.jpg

Laudanum
10-13-2011, 09:43 AM
the only pipe people should use is this one.

http://www.treehuggerz.org/000831_0480_0012_nslp_op_437x380.jpg

Go fuck yourself.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3370/3516186791_c40a15a953.jpg

Fortis in Arduis
10-13-2011, 10:49 AM
I think cigarettes are rather uninteresting compared to pipe smoking. I'm a pipe smoker and I occasionally try a cigarette, but to me they kinda taste like pipe tobacco, only without the nice aroma's.:P The other crappy thing about cigarettes is that they last about 3 to 5 minutes, while a pipe can last over an hour.

Richmond King Size last about 30 secs. :rolleyes:

Laudanum
10-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Richmond King Size last about 30 secs. :rolleyes:

:eek:

Piparskeggr
10-15-2011, 02:18 PM

I managed to smoke 3 a day by chain smoking for quite some time, I'd also inhale pretty deeply, so the cigs didn't last as long for me as for other folks. My paternal grandfather smoked 4 packs a day.

Now, I just have one occasionally when I am with some friends who smoke.

morski
10-15-2011, 02:21 PM
I managed to smoke 3 a day by chain smoking for quite some time, I'd also inhale pretty deeply, so the cigs didn't last as long for me as for other folks. My paternal grandfather smoked 4 packs a day.

Now, I just have one occasionally when I am with some friends who smoke.

That's some impresive control over the habbit.:thumb001:

Piparskeggr
10-16-2011, 07:09 PM
That's some impresive control over the habbit.:thumb001:

Well, it was my choice to smoke and mine to (almost) quit.

I'm a former smoker, who does not think it is my place to make the choice for others.

CelticViking
05-17-2012, 02:07 PM
If you haven't, take the test:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Do you Smoke?

PetiteParisienne
05-17-2012, 02:08 PM
INFP. I don't smoke anymore, but I used to.

Sikeliot
05-17-2012, 02:08 PM
ESTJ and no.

ETKearne
07-10-2012, 07:19 PM
I am INTJ. I have smoked cigarettes extremely sparingly in the past, perhaps like one cigarette every three or four months, but I don't particularly enjoy them. I hate the way they make my throat and lungs feel the next day and I dislike the slight nausea that occurs with them, presumably because I almost never do it.

Also, my mother is strongly addicted to smoking cigarettes so I avoid smoking them as much as I can.

ricko0812
07-10-2012, 07:23 PM
i quit cold turkey 2 yrs ago, it was the hardest thing to quit

Loki
02-16-2013, 12:31 PM
I think there was an old thread about this a long time ago - let me make a new poll.

If you once smoked but quit, then vote "no".

Caismeachd
02-16-2013, 12:43 PM
I used to smoke then I used swedish snus for probably 3 years (it's pretty safe, but a bit taboo because people associate it with other more harmful/nasty chewing tobacco. It's also pretty expensive to import from Sweden). And smoked off and on. I use electronic cigs now and vape and it's a world of difference. I have no craving for cigs and I am saving a lot of money as well. A month supply of e-liquid is like $14-$30.

Corvus
02-16-2013, 12:46 PM
I used to up to 60 cigarettes a day. On my way to school i always bought a package of cigarettes at a kiosk.
I wanted to belong to the cool guys on the school yard. But I quit after finishing school because I wanted to gain weight and
noticed that cigs have a detrimental effect on the long run, also on lungs, liver, blood pressure etc. I stay away from cigarettes almost 2 years now.

Partizan
02-16-2013, 12:54 PM
I've just quit(second day). So no. But I used to smoke 15-20 cigarettes per day.

Lemon Kush
02-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Yeah I smoke 5-7 cigarettes a day on average.

Austo
02-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Smoking is stupid.

Mans not hot
02-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Yes, I'm smoking pipe and weed quite often.

Nihtgenga
02-16-2013, 01:18 PM
I smoke about a pack a day. I had quit for three years and started back up over a year ago.

Midori
02-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Yes. Nothing unusual where I live, almost everyone smokes around here.

I am not a heavy smoker myself though.

asingh
02-16-2013, 01:41 PM
20-30 for almost 13-14 years, of what I remember. Not anymore.

Germanicus
02-16-2013, 01:42 PM
I stopped trying to kill myself with cigarettes on 6th January 1997

bella1407
02-16-2013, 02:07 PM
I have never tried smoking.

Panopticon
02-16-2013, 02:09 PM
I smoke occasionally. And I smoke diversely too.

Sometimes on social occasions, which could any sort of gathering, but mostly when I am in a certain mood for a particular writing and contemplation. Coffee, sometimes tea, tends to mix well with the latter. This is only true for tobacco.

I ordered a pair of electronic cigarettes which will arrive soon. When it becomes feasible, I will get my hands on a few pipes and other sorts of smoking devices. A hookah is among my top priorities.

larali
02-16-2013, 08:12 PM
I've smoked maybe 2 cigarettes in my life...

EagleAtHeart
02-16-2013, 08:20 PM
I used to smoke a pack / day. Then quit for 5 years. I started using nicotine patches/snus/chewing tobacco for focus, then foolishly got into e-cigs and vaporizing, which was harder to quit than cigarettes. Triing to quit e-cigs, I then ending up smoking again. I then turned to smoking Colt cigars, 1 / day (take a couple puffs then put it out, etc.) to get over my cigarette habit. That's where I am now, 1 cigar / day, with lots of snus.

AlexandraD
02-16-2013, 08:25 PM
my family has all used various tobacco products so it was in my blood to start too :P

used to smoke, though, i don't anymore. mostly in high school. canadian cigarettes though are very harsh compared to even american ones, although i really liked american cigarettes the best. my cousins dip every so often (they play baseball so its kinda stereotypical, they're always spitting all over the field lmfao). my older brother smokes, but i think he's cutting down and quitting soon. my other brother uses snus every single day (just got swedish brands in canada, just 'general'). mom used to smoke but quit when she first got pregnant, same thing with my dad, he quit when my brother was born :) although he likes to smoke cigars with his friends.

(ps- from what i know, there is nothing carcinogenic about nicotine itself, just the addiction pharmacologically. if you burn anything and inhale it (its burning carbon that produces carcinogens), even if it's tea leaves and not tobacco, you can get cancer. since snus is steamed to get the leaves to release nicotine rather than burning it with dip, in general yes it will not give you cancer whatsoever. it is harsh on your gums however so it will still damage it but you wont get the big C ;) :P )

Damião de Góis
02-16-2013, 08:28 PM
I smoke two packs a week, which accounts to 5 or 6 a day. It's a good way to do a break from work and also a good way to wait for trains.

arcticwolf
02-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Smoking is cool I like it, but smoke only occasionally unfortunately. Every cool movie character smokes, and all the uncool and boring characters are non smokers. It's always the same shit in life. Food that tastes good is unhealthy, food that tastes like shit is healthy. Who the fuck designed this world? Whatever/whoever did it had a weird sense of humor! Look but don't touch, touch but don't enjoy it. Fuck it I'm gonna have a cigarette and a shot of Scotch! I don't wanna live forever anyways! LOL

AlexandraD
02-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Smoking is cool I like it, but smoke only occasionally unfortunately. Every cool movie character smokes, and all the uncool and boring characters are non smokers. It's always the same shit in life. Food that tastes good is unhealthy, food that tastes like shit is healthy. Who the fuck designed this world? Whatever/whoever did it had a weird sense of humor! Look but don't touch, touch but don't enjoy it. Fuck it I'm gonna have a cigarette and a shot of Scotch! I don't wanna live forever anyways! LOL

;)

it's like ryan gosling says in my signature... "you gotta die of something" hehe :)

arcticwolf
02-16-2013, 08:39 PM
;)

it's like ryan gosling says in my signature... "you gotta die of something" hehe :)

Well said!

I avoid health nuts as much as possible, they seem to think they will live forever if only they snack on sprouts, celery and carrots! Life is too short to live a boring one. Fuck that! I rather take my chances and live it up. LOL

Óttar
02-16-2013, 08:54 PM
I used to smoke in college as an after dinner or after lunch aperetif. I stopped after a night of drinking and then smoking 3 cigarettes in a row, which made it impossible for me to get out of bed the next day. I have acid reflux and realized that smoking would kill me much faster than alcohol and coffee.

In a few years I may have to eliminate hard alcohol for the same reason. It gives me esophagitis.

AlexandraD
02-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Well said!

I avoid health nuts as much as possible, they seem to think they will live forever if only they snack on sprouts, celery and carrots! Life is too short to live a boring one. Fuck that! I rather take my chances and live it up. LOL

aha well i dont smoke anymore (barring the occasional one at parties or when im drinkin) but i agree with you, i don't want to be 85 years old and can't do anything anymore :( my granpa smoked a pack of unfiltered pall malls his whole life, died at 80. he lived a good life aand he always said "when my mind goes, i will go with it". he was an intellectual i guess, political activist. in fact he had to flee hungary because he was on the russians "bad" list haha. (this was in 1956)

now thats a good life!

i think in todays world of super health, and reaction against everything 'bad', it makes it fun to rebel and eat a delicious slice of bacon or smoke a cigarette. it's kind of like a big "FUCK YOU!" to the health obsessed world.

Bobby Six Killer
02-16-2013, 09:14 PM
I smokes e-cigs

When im out of those, i take Marlboro

Pallantides
02-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Where is the 'I used to smoke, but kicked the habit' option?

Anyway when I smoked it was occasionally and socially.

Philo
02-16-2013, 09:16 PM
No. Don't want to get Cancer.

Balmung
02-16-2013, 09:16 PM
No, all they had to do as a child, was tell me how harmful it was, and what it could do to your body. That was enough to make me stay away forever. I don't even drink heavy.

7eleven
02-16-2013, 10:01 PM
I smoke weed and cigarettes occasionally.

Germanicus
03-19-2013, 03:57 PM
If you ask a smoker what it is they inhale from a cigarette, they have no idea..!

What's in cigarette smoke?
Hope you’ve got a strong stomach because the answer is really gross. Ready for it?

Ok, so imagine breathing in flea powder, nail polish remover and floor cleaner all at the same time. But there’s far more: cigarette smoke contains over 4000 chemicals and 69 of these are known to cause cancer. Even if you don't smoke you can still get sick from these poisonous chemicals just by breathing in other people's smoke.

When you smoke a cigarette, you breathe in some of the following:

tar, a black, sticky substance that contains many poisonous chemical such as: ammonia (found in floor and window cleaner), toluene (found in industrial solvents) and acetone (found in paint stripper and nail polish remover)
nicotine, the addictive drug in tobacco
carbon monoxide, a poisonous gas that reduces the amount of oxygen taken up by a person's red blood cells
hydrogen cyanide, the poison used in gas chambers during World War ll
metals, including lead, nickel, arsenic (white ant poison) and cadmium (used in car batteries)
pesticides such as methoprene (found in flea powder). Other chemicals such as benzene (found in petrol) and naphthalene (found in mothballs) are also in tobacco smoke.
Also the ash particles from the tobacco, and the cigarette paper.

Dominika
03-19-2013, 04:07 PM
I tried few times, but it's not for me :p

Sikeliot
05-17-2013, 03:46 AM
Yes or no?

I have on and off for years and have finally tried quitting again.. it's been 4 days. All of my friends and I are quitting together.

rhiannon
05-17-2013, 03:48 AM
Quit those nasty things back in 2000. Couldn't stand them anymore. I am your typical ex-smoker.....HATE the smell of those things and become especially incensed when we're out in public and my poor little boy has to walk through a cloud of smoke.

I don't care if others smoke....but keep it away from children at all costs.

asingh
05-17-2013, 04:31 AM
Quit 'em after 15 years. Though if you have to take help or quit in a group you are going to start again. It has to come from within. Just toss the packet out the window....errrm..in India you can. :) I mean, in the garbage can.

Best of luck...!

Sikeliot
05-17-2013, 04:39 AM
Well the reason we quit in a group was in hopes that none of us will want to be the first one to give in, so therefore it's like a competition and eventually none of us will want to start again. We all wanted to quit but none of us had the drive to do it alone especially since we are always around one another and someone is smoking.

Methmatician
05-17-2013, 04:48 AM
Had two in my life (when I was 6 and 17). Didn't like them on both occasions. Probably won't smoke again.

asingh
05-17-2013, 05:00 AM
Well the reason we quit in a group was in hopes that none of us will want to be the first one to give in, so therefore it's like a competition and eventually none of us will want to start again. We all wanted to quit but none of us had the drive to do it alone especially since we are always around one another and someone is smoking.

The fires of a furnace is what makes the metal. :) LOL. True, I agree with you, though.

Caismeachd
05-17-2013, 05:03 AM
I used to. I used Swedish snus for a little while looking for something safer and that doesn't stink (but snus is expensive and I have to import from Sweden). I have tried to quit so many times and just couldn't stop. I have used electronic cig products for the past 4 months and they work great for me. I can "smoke" anywhere and any time I want and no one has a clue. What works best for those is to use a large battery and tank instead of the small ones that look like cigs. Lasts all day. There are many flavors as well. I tell all smokers to try them. Cig smoke smells horrible to me now. People who smoke smell really really bad.

King Claus
05-17-2013, 05:04 AM
I smoke Lucky strike or Marlboro :p

Han Cholo
05-17-2013, 05:07 AM
Yes, but I will stop soon. I see no valuable thing on it, no psychedelic experience, not a nice after effects.

King Claus
05-17-2013, 05:07 AM
Yes, but I will stop soon. I see no valuable thing on it, no psychedelic experience, not a nice after effects.

what brand?

Kastrioti1443
05-17-2013, 05:08 AM
I smoke Lucky strike or Marlboro :p

Marlboro Silver here brother :p

riverman
05-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Well, yes I do

Kastrioti1443
05-17-2013, 05:21 AM
Well, yes I do

Americans generally do not smoke.

CrystalMaiden
05-17-2013, 06:09 AM
There was a time when I thought that throwing my money that way was "cool"...

1stLightHorse
05-17-2013, 06:27 AM
Never smoked and never will.

Gauthier
05-17-2013, 06:37 AM
Yes, I smoke Marlboro (Menthols) and Benson & Hedges.

Drawing-slim
05-17-2013, 07:16 AM
Unfortunately i smoke a lot over the years, at least a pack a day.
Couple weeks ago i switched to vapor e-cigs. Now i smoke about 3-4 real cigarettes a day when i get home.

This vapor feels good, even in my bad inside my flat anywhere i go i can smoke, no smell and it has a little nicotine, not to mention i'm getting addicted to this flavor.
Whether this is just as bad for your health i'm not sure but i smoke vapor all day.

bocc
05-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Yes I have been smoking for five years, I have quit twice, each lasting ~3 months. Looking to try and quit again soon.

I prolly started like most, smoking when I was drinking and go addicted through that. I hate them.

Roy
05-17-2013, 11:22 AM
The answer is No

mr. logan
05-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Once you quit, and start seeing people smoking, you realise what a ridiculous habit it is. Those white cilinders of rotten leaves spiced with chemicals. A sign of depression and self hating. I quitted inmediatelly, never came back. If you want an advice, keep reading.
To quit anything, you just need to think it doesn´t exist. There is no such product. And never was.

Bari
09-11-2013, 10:36 PM
http://cigarettezoom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/cigarette-smoking.jpg

Its a nasty habit many have simply tried and others have gotten addicted to. Some quit while others stick to it to the bitter end. Its said to be a dying habit, but statistics show that a lot of people still smoke.

So.. do you smoke?:rolleyes:

Smaug
09-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Thankfully not.

Ianus
09-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Never smoked in my life

ALSh
09-11-2013, 10:41 PM
No i don't