https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M18s37bDs6U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhXQ1iS0MQ

Rip, i think he is dead

Ali Pasha
08-12-2015, 09:25 PM
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

zhaoyun
08-12-2015, 09:28 PM
That's crazy. I'm probably going to be in this city next month.

HONG KONG — Enormous fiery explosions thundered through a warehouse storing hazardous goods in China’s northeast port city of Tianjin late Wednesday, the police and state news media reported, killing at least seven people, sending dozens to hospitals and causing extensive damage.

An unidentified number of people were trapped in the wreckage, the Tianjin Police Department said in a statement.

The official Xinhua news agency and other state-run news outlets posted graphic video clips of the blasts, showing a fire and a huge flash of light that resembled a mushroom cloud illuminating the darkness.

Another video posted by People’s Daily showed a person blown down by a wall of shattering glass and debris.

Xinhua said an initial blast originated at a warehouse in Tianjin’s Binhai District at around 11:30 p.m. and set off “further explosions in companies nearby.”

The Tianjin Police Department statement said that at least seven people had died and that a private concern, identified as the Rui Hai International Logistics Co. owned the warehouse, which was storing hazardous goods.
Photo
An explosion hit the Chinese port city of Tianjin on Wednesday night, killing at least seven people. Credit Yue Yuewei/Xinhua, via Associated Press

The precise nature of the materials that exploded was not made clear and there was no indication whether the blast was accidental or intentional.

“The shock waves were felt kilometers away, with some residents claiming their window glass and fish tanks shattered,” Xinhua said.

The Beijing News said on its website that between 300 and 400 people had been hospitalized, but that figure could not be immediately confirmed. It also reported that more than 400 Tianjin residents had lined up to donate blood at the Fifth Center Hospital.

According to the China Earthquake Administration’s official account on Weibo, a web messaging network similar to Twitter, the first explosion took place at 11:34 p.m. and registered as a magnitude 2.3. It said a second, magnitude-2.9 explosion happened 30 seconds later, and called that blast “the equivalent of 21 tons of TNT.”

The Tianjin Fire Department reported that at least 35 fire engines had been dispatched to the blast site to extinguish the fire and that at least four firefighters had been injured.

Earlier reports on state news media said the blast appeared to emanate from either a gas station or storage terminal of hazardous chemicals.

Electric power to the blast area was cut and streets were sealed off by the police.

Tianjin, a major industrial port of more than seven million people on the Bohai Bay, is about 90 miles east of Beijing.

Yufan Huang contributed reporting from Beijing, and Rick Gladstone from New York.

Goujian
08-13-2015, 03:32 PM
If all goes well I'll get a job in China even though it's a temporary arrangement, lasting to a maximum of 5 years.

Forget owning property here. A lot of management companies let third-world tier scum or people who can't manage their 50+ fucking dogs.

zhaoyun
08-13-2015, 03:41 PM
If all goes well I'll get a job in China even though it's a temporary arrangement, lasting to a maximum of 5 years.

Forget owning property here. A lot of management companies let third-world tier scum or people who can't manage their 50+ fucking dogs.

Owning property in the US is still more stable than in China, because their real estate bubble is out of control. I think China is facing a major recession coming up, all of their investment markets are in a huge bubble and about to burst. I don't think it will derail the overall trajectory of China's long term rise though.

Goujian
08-13-2015, 03:52 PM
Owning property in the US is still more stable than in China, because their real estate bubble is out of control. I think China is facing a major recession coming up, all of their investment markets are in a huge bubble and about to burst. I don't think it will derail the overall trajectory of China's long term rise though.

Most of these immigrants are buying up property to maintain some kind of value. So that they can avoid the bubble bursting. Property in China is A LOT more expensive than here in the US. I'm not saying that they re really immigrating, they are just using us citizenship as a hedging strategy.

Some places are a liability than others to maintain here.

zhaoyun
08-13-2015, 03:59 PM
Most of these immigrants are buying up property to maintain some kind of value. So that they can avoid the bubble bursting. Property in China is A LOT more expensive than here in the US. I'm not saying that they re really immigrating, they are just using us citizenship as a hedging strategy.

Some places are a liability than others to maintain here.

Well, the US bubble burst a decade ago. Now it's climbing back, but it's still relatively stable.

China's bubble has massively overgrown. The average income in China is low while the real estate prices are far higher than the US. Why is that? Because there are few investment options in China so those who have money do three things obsessively, 1. save 2. invest in real estate 3. stocks. Both China's stock and real estate markets are huge bubbles that will pop eventually, it simply can't be sustained. The return on investment for Chinese investment property is probably around 2%, while in the US, the average is about 6-8%, going up to 15% in many parts of Middle America, which makes real estate more stable in the long run.

China also has a large number of major social issues. This blast is a reminder of China's many safety problems associated with it's industry. Of course a lot of this has to do with growing pains, along with the pollution, social upheaval, etc. It's all casualties of a gigantic empire of 1.3 Billion people rushing headlong into industrialization and urbanization, people rarely realize how huge China is.

Eventually, likely 30 years from now, China will be a completely different country than today. It'd likely be a very well developed, wealthy country with high standards across the board. But as of now, still very much a work in progress.

BTW, I am going to be in Tianjin briefly next month so this news came as a shock. I have to see how they clear up the pollution from this mess, and decide if I am still going or staying in Beijing instead.

Linebacker
08-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Somebody's been eating them Chinese army surplus beans with too much chillie.