PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Lady Gaga song?

Troll's Puzzle
08-09-2010, 11:37 PM
of her main singles to date, which is your favorite?

Just wonderin' how Apricitians' tastes divide on the one thing we can all agree is the best thing going in music & world culture right now.

a full recap to refresh your mind on any of the choices if needed :wink:

2Abk1jAONjw

bESGLojNYSo

1mB0tP1I-14

d2smz_1L2_0

qrO4YZeyl0I

GQ95z6ywcBY

niqrrmev4mA

Eldritch
08-09-2010, 11:51 PM
d6fRKqaZ3Y0

Susi
08-10-2010, 02:01 AM
I love Bad Romance <3

Lady Gaga's music is... pretty mediocre, I think it's more the spectacle that goes along with it.

Eldritch
08-10-2010, 02:15 AM
... I think it's more the spectacle that goes along with it.

This I actually agree with. You could say that she is the world's most popular performance artist, rather simply a pop star. I'd actually go to her show, just for fun and for people watching.

But listening to her records at home is just behind "starting a vintage bicycle seat collection" on my list of things I want very desperately to do.

Susi
08-10-2010, 02:18 AM
This I actually agree with. You could say that she is the world's most popular performance artist, rather simply a pop star. I'd actually go to her show, just for fun and for people watching.

But listening to her records at home is just behind "starting a vintage bicycle seat collection" on my list of things I want very desperately to do.

I was interested in the rest of her songs but the record really isn't worth purchasing. I noticed as I listened to the music I expected more out of it... But what was missing was the performance.

I have had friends who went to the concert and said it was the most amazing performance they've seen, but they never mentioned how good the music was :D

Cato
08-10-2010, 02:45 AM
There should be an option for "none of them."

Susi
08-10-2010, 03:05 AM
There should be an option for "none of them."

Jeez, grumpy ;D

Also I really like the actor in the Paparazzi video.. he is très dreamy.. what's his name again?

Cato
08-10-2010, 03:07 AM
Jeez, grumpy ;D

Also I really like the actor in the Paparazzi video.. he is très dreamy.. what's his name again?

Try sick of overrated pop stars.

Austin
08-10-2010, 03:07 AM
Lady Gaga is despicable. She is boycotting Arizona because she is pro-illegal alien/open border advocate.

This woman disgusts me.

She is a superficial zombie social-leftist tag-along who jumps on every little band wagon issue there is so as to pull in as many opiate mass-media zombie suckers as she can in order to part their money from them with her being her own pawn to her naive imbecilic views on society.

Susi
08-10-2010, 03:19 AM
Try sick of overrated pop stars.

This thread isn't about that, it's about favourite songs. ;)

Lady Gaga is despicable. She is boycotting Arizona because she is pro-illegal alien/open border advocate.

This woman disgusts me.

She is a superficial zombie social-leftist tag-along who jumps on every little band wagon issue there is so as to pull in as many opiate mass-media zombie suckers as she can in order to part their money from them with her being her own pawn to her naive imbecilic views on society.

Are there even politics in the performance aspect? :coffee:

Austin
08-10-2010, 04:06 AM
This thread isn't about that, it's about favourite songs. ;)

Are there even politics in the performance aspect? :coffee:

I just think anybody who listens to her should pay double taxes.

la bombe
08-10-2010, 04:51 AM
I'm partial to Lovegame but I also like Poker Face and Alejandro :p

antonio
08-10-2010, 06:16 AM

This woman disgusts me.

I thinked she was wise enough to not publically express her political views, specially being ones so moronic. Why modern day Newyorkers are so progressive and despisable? Obviously she and they did not ever know about notions on XIX philosophy, by which final product and process are clearly separated (it's also a matter of common sense, but I seriously doubt about theirs) so it's not the same Italian inmigration of the early XX and massive Mexican inmigration of today. Unless USA do not want to be USA no more, but transforming into another thing, another final product...obviously worse than present one.

On the musical thing, I want to say that I barely recognize three of her songs. Paparazzi videoclip (not music alone but as a whole) is really impressive. It's clear that being nowadays above the musical industry average on times like this it's easier that ever, but, the fact is Lady Gaga it's above the rest with songs, at least, worth of being composed and broadcasted.

~°2012°~
09-19-2010, 09:54 AM
http://www.bilerico.com/2010/01/god-hates-gaga.jpg

This is your Future

AdzO2hbINWw

Turkophagos
09-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Madonna wanna-be. Sucks!

Loki
09-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Madonna wanna-be. Sucks!

Agreed. Un-original.

Eldritch
09-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Okay, so I make fun of Lady Gaga and everything, but I don't think Madonna is worthy of scrubbing her toilet.

Turkophagos
09-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Okay, so I make fun of Lady Gaga and everything, but I don't think Madonna is worthy of scrubbing her toilet.

90ies' Madonna wasn't bad at all.

zXFHf8xZ1CA

Don Brick
09-20-2010, 10:04 AM
I voted "Bad Romance", but "Just Dance" comes close. Honestly they´re all good thou. Gaga ftw!

Aramis
09-21-2010, 10:53 PM
That's easy!

AJDx3H_hvI8

Troll's Puzzle
09-26-2010, 01:42 AM
I'm partial to Lovegame but I also like Poker Face and Alejandro :p

Lovegame is also my favorite Gaga song, although it's often overlooked now.

It's highly noticible to me that you, me, and Mayhem Vixen, and noone else, voted for Lovegame; once again proving that some people just have better taste than others in all regards.

MrsNglund
10-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I like Lady Gaga, she expresses herself and she stands out. Sometimes she pushes things overboard but she is a good singer and most of her songs are well known. She is a good entertainer.

RoyBatty
10-17-2010, 02:04 PM
I only know two, yes I know I should have clicked on the Youtube links in post #1 to audition the other ones but.....

Guess my choice would be Pokerface (by virtue of the fact that I've heard it).

I agree with the comments that Lady Gaga is perhaps more relevant and entertaining as a spectacle and popculture phenomenon than as a music arteeest. I'm not a fan of the RedOne sound. The songwriting (admittedly I have not extensively investigated her catalog) didn't appear to have much substance to it.

Trendy and hip today, no doubt but can't really see it being remembered for being standout tracks, 10 years down the line.

RoyBatty
10-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Just listened to Lovegame. It appears to follow the same format as her other songs. Not sure whether chanting accompanied by sound FX and a beat really qualifies as music. Each to their own I suppose :D