PDA

View Full Version : AlJazeera: How China is changing Africa

zhaoyun
08-19-2015, 03:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj79k-CUZhU

Any thoughts?

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
08-19-2015, 03:20 AM
Its a mixed bag. Ive heard two different sides of it. One that Chinese are helping, and another that they are really just using just taking over the jobs from the actual citizens ect. But They have done plenty of good nonethless. They were building a railroad in one of the African countries. I forget which one and in south africa They are are slowly becoming more multicultural with chinese. Although Chinese there are still definitely mostly amongsts themselves from what I have seen. Also South Africans engaged in a Chinese Speaking tournament or something like that and came in pretty high.

zhaoyun
08-19-2015, 03:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KM06hTeRSY

zhaoyun
08-19-2015, 03:33 AM
Its a mixed bag. Ive heard two different sides of it. One that Chinese are helping, and another that they are really just using just taking over the jobs from the actual citizens ect. But They have done plenty of good nonethless. They were building a railroad in one of the African countries. I forget which one and in south africa They are are slowly becoming more multicultural with chinese. Although Chinese there are still definitely mostly amongsts themselves from what I have seen. Also South Africans engaged in a Chinese Speaking tournament or something like that and came in pretty high.

I actually often find much of the conversation regarding China in Africa to be very childish.

The bottom line, China is investing in Africa because they need to and want to, for their own interests. Not for charity. This is BUSINESS. Anybody who does business invests for their OWN reasons. There is nothing wrong with China doing this.

But to frame a lot of this in moral terms about what China "SHOULD DO FOR AFRICA", is extremely patronizing and childish.

It is up to Africa to make the most of what China needs from them, and to take advantage of this to advance their own societies and profit from it, JUST LIKE HOW CHINA took advantage of foreign investment in the last three decades to enrich and advance itself, where it is now the investor, not the invested.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
08-19-2015, 03:41 AM
I actually often find much of the conversation regarding China in Africa to be very childish.

The bottom line, China is investing in Africa because they need to and want to, for their own interests. Not for charity. This is BUSINESS. Anybody who does business invests for their OWN reasons. There is nothing wrong with China doing this.

But to frame a lot of this in moral terms about what China "SHOULD DO FOR AFRICA", is extremely patronizing and childish.

It is up to Africa to make the most of what China needs from them, and to take advantage of this to advance their own societies and profit from it, JUST LIKE HOW CHINA took advantage of foreign investment in the last three decades to enrich and advance itself, where it is now the investor, not the invested.

this is true, If African Countries Stabilize they will be very powerful. Much of the worlds Resources in Technology is basically found in Africa. But that is with due time. Chinese are smart at what they do, If Africa Becomes partners With China it would do much good for Africa.

Watch_Owl
08-19-2015, 03:42 AM
I saw a book about this topic at my library. I might check it out.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
08-19-2015, 03:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KM06hTeRSY

Nice, they are finally unblocking the US. about time they did this. They would post US news and block the US xD