PDA

View Full Version : China different from other "Developing Countries"

zhaoyun
08-20-2015, 12:14 AM
Good article here touching on what makes China completely different from other "Developing Countries".

I've touched on this issue many times. China is only less developed due to historical circumstances and not due to cultural or social reasons like many other developing countries. A century of political chaos, foreign invasions, followed by three decades of insane Communist disasters led to China becoming an impoverished nation.

Obviously, when these circumstances changed in 1978, when Deng Xiaoping ushered in an era of capitalist reforms combined with political stability, China has boomed and it's society has transformed in ways that no country has experienced before. Today, China is clearly not a third world country, though not first world yet, but clearly is somewhere in between as large swathes of the country is now developed, yet due to it's vast size, much of it is still developed.

But China is clearly different from other "Developing countries", because the MINDSET of the people was never that of a culturally impoverished society. China, despite all of it's diversity, is strongly unified under the cultural framework of the Han Chinese culture, one of the world's greatest civilizations with a strong emphasis on the cultural values of hard work, entrepreneurship, and value of education. Combined with that is China's long history as a single governed entity and the existence of an EFFECTIVE and COMPETENT government that has by and large, been able to effect massive and complex changes, building a huge infrastructure comparable to the best in "Developed Countries" in a fraction of the time, and on a scale NEVER witnessed in history.

In effect, China was only "developing" due to circumstances, and clearly, despite any economic headaches it may encounter in the near future due to real estate or stock bubbles, it's trajectory is clear, China will clearly count as among the world's advanced and wealthy nations in the next several decades.

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2015/07/27/can-china-stand-on-its-own/a-history-of-competence-sets-china-apart

Goujian
08-20-2015, 03:56 AM
I used to argue with Chinese Malaysian/Indonesian/Singawhorean people about how their countries are even worse shitholes than China is. I shut them up for good. Guess they don't know shit about China and their own countries when rich Chinese are buying up southeast asian properties to serve as vacation homes.

Also a lot of singawhorean and malaysian ethnic chinese think mainland china will accept them. People from the mainland even hate people from Taiwan and HK and they almost never accept anglosphere-born chinese, what makes them think they'll accept them? Naive, simple-minded cunts. They should improve their own countries rather than try to make mainlander chinese accept them. stupid and incredibly naive. try to educate them, but they accuse me of being a 'zog/cia stooge'. LOL, they are so far from reality. People from the mainland barely accept me because i was born and raised in the US- but I speak, read and write near-fluent Chinese and have actually been to China and lived in China. the average mainlander doesn't distinguish chinese malaysian and malay malaysian, they think both are the same LOL. these idiots are living in denial and live in a bubble. if a chinese malaysian tries to explain stuff to a mainlander, the mainlander thinks the malaysian is on drugs or some shit and has no idea what they are talking about. They also have a huge inflated ego that makes them think they're more Chinese than Chinese from mainland China. i think it can be traced to their deep southern ancestry where they pride on their lineage book so much or something. Sort of reminds me of how some filipinos say that they are spanish and chinese or how some vietnamese say they are 1/64 chinese and how chinese that they are proud of.

China is on the way of recovery and there are STILL people who say shit about China. I'm not particularly attached to China but I still get an urge beating the shit out of arrogant HKers and Taiwanese (incl. overseas SEA people who claim to be Chinese) who think they're better than people from the mainland. Place all of those self-hating cunts on a boat out to sea and sink the boat, I don't think any mainland Chinese care about them except for some of the overseas ones who think that all chinese are the same, all chinese must be united, etc. They must have never read comments from actual mainland Chinese, they don't think any of those people in question are real Chinese. Naive idiots who boast about being Chinese publicly but have never really been to China to see the reality. And have never really met any real Chinese from the mainland.