PDA

View Full Version : Does McCool have Native Murican ancestry?

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
08-21-2015, 03:17 PM
I am wondering if I have Native Murican ancestry or not. I am kinda leaning towards not but I don't really know, I thought I would ask the people of apricity that know more about genetics than me.

First of all, like most white Americans, I was told growing up I have some Native American ancestry. I have been shown pictures of my supposedly Native American ancestors, and I must say, they do look kind of off. They were obviously mixed with whites though.

This is already a step up, since most people who are told they are part Native American don't have pictures. (I can provide the pictures if you want, some here have already seen them).

So, when I did the 23andme test, I got 0.1% East Asian & Native American, on both speculative and standard modes (none on conservative).

At first I dismissed it as noise, but I did more research, and it seems like 0.1% East Asian & Native American on 23andme is likely not noise. For a few reasons. First, I have been told, different racial ancestry is more distinguished, and 23andme wouldn't just say 0.1% East Asian & Native American for no reason. It obviously picked up something.

Second, 0.1 isn't actually that distant. That's around 300 years ago I'd have a Native American ancestor. (which is when I probably would).

So at this point, I'm thinking I probably do have a little Native Murican in me, albeit distant. Then I transferred to GEDmatch, and after seeing that, I started to think again that I probably do not have any Amerindian in me.

Hunter-Gatherer vs. Farmer results

Population

Anatolian Farmer 11.63%
Baltic Hunter Gatherer 57.95%
South American Hunter Gatherer 0.35%
North Eurasian Hunter Gatherer 0.31%
Oceanian Hunter Gatherer 0.14%
Mediterranean Farmer 29.47%
Pygmy Hunter Gatherer 0.15%

ANE K7

Population

ANE 17.05%
ASE 1.18%
WHG-UHG 63.10%
East_Eurasian 0.24%
West_African 0.86%
East_African 0.06%
ENF 17.52%

If I truly did have some Amerindian in me, would I not get more East Eurasian? There are a good number of Europeans with more East Eurasian than that. I get some South American Hunter-Gatherer, though again, there are a fair number of Europeans who come up with more than what I get.

So, after doing GEDmatch, now I am thinking I probably don't have any. Though, I do realize GEDmatch is different than 23andme. So, I still could. (23andme could be right and GEDmatch wrong).

What are your thoughts people? Should McCool go around claiming to be descendant of Native Muricans or would he be wrong to do so?

Gooding
08-21-2015, 03:21 PM
I am wondering if I have Native Murican ancestry or not. I am kinda leaning towards not but I don't really know, I thought I would ask the people of apricity that know more about genetics than me.

First of all, like most white Americans, I was told growing up I have some Native American ancestry. I have been shown pictures of my supposedly Native American ancestors, and I must say, they do look kind of off. They were obviously mixed with whites though.

This is already a step up, since most people who are told they are part Native American don't have pictures. (I can provide the pictures if you want, some here have already seen them).

So, when I did the 23andme test, I got 0.1% East Asian & Native American, on both speculative and standard modes (none on conservative).

At first I dismissed it as noise, but I did more research, and it seems like 0.1% East Asian & Native American on 23andme is likely not noise. For a few reasons. First, I have been told, different racial ancestry is more distinguished, and 23andme wouldn't just say 0.1% East Asian & Native American for no reason. It obviously picked up something.

Second, 0.1 isn't actually that distant. That's around 300 years ago I'd have a Native American ancestor. (which is when I probably would).

So at this point, I'm thinking I probably do have a little Native Murican in me, albeit distant. Then I transferred to GEDmatch, and after seeing that, I started to think again that I probably do not have any Amerindian in me.

Hunter-Gatherer vs. Farmer results

Population

Anatolian Farmer 11.63%
Baltic Hunter Gatherer 57.95%
South American Hunter Gatherer 0.35%
North Eurasian Hunter Gatherer 0.31%
Oceanian Hunter Gatherer 0.14%
Mediterranean Farmer 29.47%
Pygmy Hunter Gatherer 0.15%

ANE K7

Population

ANE 17.05%
ASE 1.18%
WHG-UHG 63.10%
East_Eurasian 0.24%
West_African 0.86%
East_African 0.06%
ENF 17.52%

If I truly did have some Amerindian in me, would I not get more East Eurasian? There are a good number of Europeans with more East Eurasian than that. I get some South American Hunter-Gatherer, though again, there are a fair number of Europeans who come up with more than what I get.

So, after doing GEDmatch, now I am thinking I probably don't have any. Though, I do realize GEDmatch is different than 23andme. So, I still could. (23andme could be right and GEDmatch wrong).

What are your thoughts people? Should McCool go around claiming to be descendant of Native Muricans or would he be wrong to do so?

McCool should probably just claim his provable heritage, the German, Scandinavian, Irish and Colonial blood he so proudly proclaims! :thumb001:

Grenzland
08-21-2015, 03:21 PM
As long as you change your identity all 3 or 4 days you will be seen as enough retarded to be a mod here.

Loved your Republicans are Stalinists thread by the way. :)

08-21-2015, 03:23 PM
As long as you change your identity all 3 or 4 days you will be seen as enough retarded to be a mod here.

Loved your Republicans are Stalinists thread by the way. :)

When have I ever changed my identity?

08-21-2015, 03:23 PM
McCool should probably just claim his provable heritage, the German, Scandinavian, Irish and Colonial blood he so proudly proclaims! :thumb001:

I agree with this.

Grenzland
08-21-2015, 03:28 PM
When have I ever changed my identity?

Are you still a mongolid Scandinavian. Well then it's my fault. :lol:

08-21-2015, 03:29 PM
Are you still a mongolid Scandinavian. Well then it's my fault. :lol:

Yes, I'm still a Mongoloid Scandinavian. I always was. Can't change that.

Grenzland
08-21-2015, 03:30 PM
That's great. Now go out and meet some girls and don't talk about that... :lol:

themrdude1990
08-21-2015, 03:33 PM
You're ubersmesch
with your Hunter-Gatherer ancestors

08-21-2015, 03:35 PM
That's great. Now go out and meet some girls and don't talk about that... :lol:

Girls love me.

In fact, it's the Mongoloidness. Girls can't resist slanty eyed gooks like myself. The girls just love it :) I have a pretty immense jaw, to go with the slanty eyes, which girls also go crazy for.

I don't know any girls in RL though because i have nowhere to meet them atm (I'm quite reclusive) though I want to meet a girl :) I know that girls who see pics of me online talk about how cute and sexy I am, so I know girls love me (and when I do go places, girls always give me that look ;D).

08-21-2015, 03:37 PM
You're ubersmesch
with your Hunter-Gatherer ancestors

Everybody knows that ;D

Grenzland
08-21-2015, 03:38 PM
Don't you go to school?

08-21-2015, 03:38 PM
Don't you go to school?

I'm homeschooled.

Grenzland
08-21-2015, 03:39 PM
Well a great future awaits you... :/

08-21-2015, 03:40 PM
Well a great future awaits you... :/

Of course.

I'm handsome, intelligent, funny, hard-working...

of course I have a great future ahead.