PDA

View Full Version : New Worlders: Are you Nationalist or Ethnic Nationalist?

Blake
08-23-2015, 10:35 PM
Question.

sql
08-23-2015, 10:39 PM
Ethnic nationalist, my identity is not "American". Nationality is a social construct.

Journeyman26
08-23-2015, 10:44 PM
I am proud of my ethnic heritage but I am Canadian through and through. I pay taxes into and benefit from the countless benefits of being a Canadian Citizen. No nation on Earth is 100% ethnically homogeneous, and ethnic nationalism to me is silly. 100% of the citizens of Canada are Canadians, protected by our laws and loyal to the crown. God Save the Queen!

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1389/63/1389636289125.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/63/Canadian_Blue_Ensign_1921-1957.svg/2000px-Canadian_Blue_Ensign_1921-1957.svg.png
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pqyXFwwez-4/Tk8MT1sXIxI/AAAAAAAAAJY/X7WoPPMeNgI/s1600/800px-Canadian_Air_Command_flag_svg.png
http://specphotos.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/DSC_6019.jpg

Journeyman26
08-23-2015, 10:48 PM
Ethnic nationalist, my identity is not "American". Nationality is a social construct.

So you are a Zionist then? Why have you not moved to Israel? Your people could certainly use you over there, with their position being where it is.

sql
08-23-2015, 10:51 PM
So you are a Zionist then?

Yep, and I will be moving to Israel. btw, sorry for down voting what you said, I guess I hit it on accident

Berahthraban
08-23-2015, 10:57 PM
Yep, and I will be moving to Israel. btw, sorry for down voting what you said, I guess I hit it on accident

Since you are a ethnic nationalist, do you value and care as much about your Swedish ancestry as your Jewish? You are 1/4 of both.

sql
08-23-2015, 11:02 PM
Since you are a ethnic nationalist, do you value and care as much about your Swedish ancestry as your Jewish? You are 1/4 of both.

I don't identify with it as much because there isn't a political struggle and also because I have an obsession with the ancient Near East, so I only feel a connection to that with my Jewish side. However, I am a Swedish citizen, I speak okay Swedish, I am ethnically Swedish, so yes I do consider myself a Swede. I just don't talk about it as much.

spanish catalan
08-23-2015, 11:05 PM
Ethnic Nationalist

Awebo
08-23-2015, 11:10 PM
Most if not all Mexicans are nationalists. In fact, we tend to even show pride about which Mexican state/region we or our parents are from before doing so for any foreign ancestry.

Berahthraban
08-23-2015, 11:12 PM
I don't identify with it as much because there isn't a political struggle and also because I have an obsession with the ancient Near East, so I only feel a connection to that with my Jewish side. However, I am a Swedish citizen, I speak okay Swedish, I am ethnically Swedish, so yes I do consider myself a Swede. I just don't talk about it as much.

We do have a political struggle, trust me.. But yes, Israels situation is certainly different so that I can understand. But alright that sounds good, as long as you care about us ;)

Aodhan
08-23-2015, 11:27 PM
Ethnic Nationalist.

SupaThug
08-23-2015, 11:30 PM
I despise both,nationalism and ethnic nationalism!

de Burgh II
08-23-2015, 11:35 PM
Ethnic nationalism.

GiCa
08-23-2015, 11:39 PM
Most if not all Mexicans are nationalists. In fact, we tend to even show pride about which Mexican state/region we or our parents are from before doing so for any foreign ancestry.

Mexico thought should be already almalgamated. It s no more multiethnic..
It was maybe at the beginning with American native on one side and spaniards on the other with minor blacks.. But since then people have fused. And or are a unite ethnic identity

So to me Mexico is like the old world in this matter

Or am I wrong?

GiCa
08-23-2015, 11:43 PM
I don't understand.. To me one who live in the multiethnic since beginning states should live behind its ethnic nationalism.. And trying to identify in the new state.
Because if not you create social segregation and resentment on the other groups

Neon Knight
08-24-2015, 12:02 AM
I think the two are compatible to some extent. A white American ethnic (i.e. racial) nationalist would probably have the following order of general preference:

American whites
Other whites
American non-whites
Other non-whites

GiCa
08-24-2015, 12:08 AM
I think the two are compatible to some extent. A white American ethnic (i.e. racial) nationalist would probably have the following order of general preference:

American whites
Other whites
American non-whites
Other non-whites

No..it s not good. That is somewhat of social segregation
When you go abroad you have to forget your background.. Beaus è you are no more parte of your past country.. But of your new country. Your identity is the new one

Smitty
08-25-2015, 04:44 AM
I guess I'm a nationalist for as long as America remains predominantly European. At some point, the scales will shift, and at that point, I will probably consider myself an ethnic/racial nationalist. I feel like a traitor for saying that, but I do think my sense of Americanness will fall apart when my country is no longer made up of my people.

Gooding
08-25-2015, 04:49 AM
Ethnic Colonial American Nationalist. :thumb001:

zhaoyun
08-25-2015, 04:59 AM
I have tremendous ethnic pride in my Chinese heritage. But when it comes down to it, I'm an American. What I produce and benefit from is directly tied to the fate of this country, and I am a US citizen, so the US is my nation.

BeerBaron
08-25-2015, 05:09 AM
I am tied more to my genetic heritage, or, what it was, would probably describe it better.:viking

Canada is a multiculti pit, the only semblance of spine comes from the french canadians, murica is to irrational and jewcentric for me to associate myself with anymore, and europe, as a whole anyways, are spineless pedantic drones that just want to talk and muse about how clever they think they are.

Maleficent
08-25-2015, 05:41 AM
I'm a proud American but I'm wannabe Old World.

Dylan
08-25-2015, 05:57 AM
I identify as a Catholic American although I am very secular. This is because I'm three different ethnicities and I think it would be strange to choose one over the others. And since Irish, Italians, and French-Canadians share a lot in common historically in the United States due to their Catholic background, I think this makes sense.
I am loyal to the United States, but also to each of my ancestral nations, as well as the Vatican.
However, I am loyal to Quebec, but not Canada.

GiCa
08-25-2015, 06:04 AM
I guess I'm a nationalist for as long as America remains predominantly European. At some point, the scales will shift, and at that point, I will probably consider myself an ethnic/racial nationalist. I feel like a traitor for saying that, but I do think my sense of Americanness will fall apart when my country is no longer made up of my people.

I understand you; you are more driven by your people of ethnic background..
..but the thing important is while you are in USA..and also feel USA citizenship culture.. Try to have friend with also some levers of other ethnic groups..as you help built a common society.
But I understand you are more driven to your people.. And maybe it's right you one day return to the country of your ancestor. The important thing is the behaviour.. Smiling and polite to all groups in USA..this is important.

Cultural/national/ethnic/ identity is complex.. I understand you feelings too.

Dylan
08-25-2015, 06:07 AM
I'm a proud American but I'm wannabe Old World.

I was this way too until I met many Europeans and disliked them every bit as much as I dislike my neighbors back home :D New Worlders and Europeans have a lot more in common than we think.

Brianna
08-25-2015, 06:15 AM
I'm a nationalist in that I want to preserve and protect American borders, culture, identity, and sovereignty. I support anybody who supports our Constitution. I support American products, state's rights, local school boards, and individual freedom. I'm not as concerned with ethnicity. FE, I'll always support people like Ron Paul and Ben Carson over people like Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. I don't personally dislike all liberals, though. I just don't want them to be in high positions of power. I actually really like Dennis Kucinich and Bernie Sanders AS PEOPLE. I don't like their political views, though. On the other hand, I don't trust Hillary and Barack as far as I could throw a warehouse full of computer servers. For the sake of bipartisanship, I feel the same way about most RINOs.

I don't doubt that the SPLC would consider me to be an extremist because I'm opposed to globalism and illegal immigration.

Smitty
08-25-2015, 06:15 AM
I understand you; you are more driven by your people of ethnic background..
..but the thing important is while you are in USA..and also feel USA citizenship culture.. Try to have friend with also some levers of other ethnic groups..as you help built a common society.
But I understand you are more driven to your people.. And maybe it's right you one day return to the country of your ancestor. The important thing is the behaviour.. Smiling and polite to all groups in USA..this is important.

Cultural/national/ethnic/ identity is complex.. I understand you feelings too.

I'm generally polite to everyone regardless of race, though I feel less need to be so towards our illegal population. Regardless, I think it's been demonstrated over the last 100 years that multiculturalism does not work. Have you not found that to be the case in Italy?

de Burgh II
08-25-2015, 06:30 AM
When it boils down to it; I take pride in my colonial heritage that has been here for so long; nothing will make me change that. I guess the "golden age" from when my ancestors thrived through the ups and downs with may be a thing of the past since we favor mass immigration from all corners of the world for cheap labor as well as ethnic ghettos rather than restricting immigration and handling internal problems that get swept under the rug; that benefits other countries rather than the country itself in the long run that shows spineless weakness. Were either too hedonistic to realize the follies of our own mistakes or are too gullible by deluding ourselves with the flawed ideology that permeates today. Where were too materialistic and bull headed to the point that we don't want to admit the very flaws; we always sweep it under the rug by trying to divert the attention to countries where we don't belong. Everything nowadays is a tasteless globalized, corporate machine that makes decisions for us as a country since were too dependent on this for our own materialistic conveniences as well as corporate greed that exists today that ironically compliment each other. That instills a weakened sense of values that are bound to self destruct one way or another.

This country is not the United States that it started from; simply a tasteless, corporate commodity in service of others rather than the country itself. Simply a globalized highway to squeeze it dry like the gold-rush. Simply degenerate, materialistic filth that explains why the accrued ignorance is more predominant today because people simply choose to be ignorant because its more blissful to be that way. So, if a person wants to follow this path; they'll never be "Americans"; simply foreign entities that are in a league of their own nowadays that carve their own distinct grouping.

GiCa
08-25-2015, 06:52 AM
Well.. Multiculturalism.. It can works only if there is respect.
..however I prefer a mono culture or some sort of common amalgamated culture full of solidarity..
(Se my profile resume on the left of the page)

I don't know if true multiculturalism is an utopia. This I don't know

USA however has the space/size to support it to a certain degree..
I mean.. USA/Canada is a continent..

I don't know what to think..as always I m full of options and canchange ideas, ink flexible on thbinkings.

USA was born monocultural.. And became multicultural because it's a product of the modern technologies and global mean of transport. It's ultra contemporary as a country.

While Europe forged when means of transport were less techological and not global ..so on one side gives more time to fusion and social amalgamation.

Antimage
08-25-2015, 08:19 AM
neither, i think nationalism is bullshit, it justs creates clonflict between people, look at history

Stears
08-25-2015, 11:33 AM
neither, i think nationalism is bullshit, it justs creates clonflict between people, look at history

Did you find this internationalist bullshit in a Marxist book?

This 19th century traditional Marxist theory goes against the opinion of leading modern social scientits.

Smitty
08-26-2015, 01:35 AM
Well.. Multiculturalism.. It can works only if there is respect.
..however I prefer a mono culture or some sort of common amalgamated culture full of solidarity..
(Se my profile resume on the left of the page)

I don't know if true multiculturalism is an utopia. This I don't know

USA however has the space/size to support it to a certain degree..
I mean.. USA/Canada is a continent..

I don't know what to think..as always I m full of options and canchange ideas, ink flexible on thbinkings.

USA was born monocultural.. And became multicultural because it's a product of the modern technologies and global mean of transport. It's ultra contemporary as a country.

While Europe forged when means of transport were less techological and not global ..so on one side gives more time to fusion and social amalgamation.

America can support it from the perspective of size, definitely. But can a disunited nation stand? The Bible and Abraham Lincoln didn't think so, and I tend to agree.

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
08-26-2015, 01:49 AM
I despise both,nationalism and ethnic nationalism!

Why?

08-26-2015, 01:50 AM
No..it s not good. That is somewhat of social segregation
When you go abroad you have to forget your background.. Beaus è you are no more parte of your past country.. But of your new country. Your identity is the new one

thats only true if we completely disregard ethnicity...you are talking like ethnic groups don't exist. When Italians came to America, they didn't lose their Italian ethnicity.

SupaThug
08-26-2015, 02:00 AM
Why?

Because I am a internationalist!

Mortimer
08-26-2015, 02:01 AM
i dont think there is a american nationalist to be honest, american patriot yes but not nationalist the nationalists usually seperate themselfes along racial lines, so they are ethnic nationalist/white nationalists

King Niko
08-26-2015, 02:03 AM
I take pride in my religion over all, and then comes my family and friends.

They are my brothers, but in my heart I will always have a place for my ethnicity,

but I take no pride in America, nor does any of my actions represent USA or anything in the USA.

Merida
08-26-2015, 02:33 AM
I like my country and I feel close to it in some aspects, because I was born and raised here. But I don't feel close in some other aspects.
Argentina is made up of many ethnicities, and for that same reason there is no ONE Argentinian culture.
I feel more identified with the culture my family has raised me in, and so I value ethnicity more than nationality, although it probably has more to do with culture than with ethnicity per se.

BeerBaron
08-26-2015, 02:36 AM
i dont think there is a american nationalist to be honest, american patriot yes but not nationalist the nationalists usually seperate themselfes along racial lines, so they are ethnic nationalist/white nationalists

Um no, they mostly do not. There are a ton of nationalists that put the American state above all else and don't care about race at all.

You have probably never met any Americans outside of this forum, in fact, many Americans are very sensitive about race, to their own detriment even.

Mortimer
08-26-2015, 02:37 AM
Um no, they mostly do not. There are a ton of nationalists that put the American state above all else and don't care about race at all.

ok im no expert.

Crn Volk
08-26-2015, 04:52 AM
Ethnic nationalist

08-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Because I am a internationalist!

Why?

Wanderer
08-23-2017, 12:28 AM
To me, ethnic pride and ethnic nationalism are distinct. I'm quite proud of my Italian ancestry, but I am not any sort of Italian nationalist. However, the legacy of Italian heritage in America is a topic that interests me very much. Being Italian-American is great because it's a thing of its own, not merely the sum of its parts. I can't say that about just any ethnic group in America. So as my pride in being Italian has increased, so too has my sense of Americanness.

Sacrificed Ram
08-23-2017, 01:12 AM
No, I make sex regularly.

Klaus Van Wessel
08-23-2017, 01:34 AM
Ethnical Nationalism. Nationalism doesn't work without race, and big reason why i don't like Brownzil, and will never like it. Should Brownzil be a white majority country i would actually stick with it, but it is a mongrelized country and never worked out for the very reason of mongrelization. So i support Nationalism as long as it is in harmony with the general racial identity. Actually, race is the only logical factor to explain one's whole identity.

noname1
04-04-2020, 09:21 PM
As an immigrant I am neither and I think civic nationalism is far more understandable than ethno-nationalism.