PDA

View Full Version : How often are drugs & alcohol good for you?

Drawing-slim
08-28-2015, 01:51 PM
There's no doubt that using some alcohol & good drugs every once in a while is much better for you than nothing at all, if you live anywhere in the west with all the stress and whatnot in daily lives. But how often is good you think?
Personally most all people that never do anything substance wise are tend to be a little high strong or simply different, more aggressive nature that clearly need to calm the fuck down.
So once a month? Less or more perhaps?

Linebacker
08-28-2015, 01:54 PM
Never.Subhuman habits.

I don't bother when they ruin people who were never really worth anything to begin with(hence the reason they got on them) but I have seen good people go down like ships because of these things.

Antimage
08-28-2015, 01:56 PM
I get smashed 3-4 times a year.

Drawing-slim
08-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Never.Subhuman habits.

I don't bother when they ruin people who were never really worth anything to begin with(hence the reason they got on them) but I have seen good people go down like ships because of these things.Gladly disagree, sir.
How can you go a life time without chilling for a second? You never tried a line of good cocaine scotch with some weed good music & a cigarette on empty stomach in a way to get high quick fast and easy but still feeling light on your feet? Wtf life is that if these little pleasures were taken way from you?!
Not everyday obviously.

Linebacker
08-28-2015, 02:06 PM
Gladly disagree, sir.
How can you go a life time without chilling for a second? You never tried a line of good cocaine scotch with some weed good music & a cigarette on empty stomach in a way to get high quick fast and easy but still feeling light on your feet? Wtf life is that if these little pleasures were taken way from you?!
Not everyday obviously.

I don't get tired,I have too great goals and too much to do to be tired.These years that I am in now are the most important for me,I am laying the foundations of my future.

Anyway I find my relaxation in much better habits,like fitness,walking among nature,and sleeping with pretty women.

Bezprym
08-28-2015, 02:11 PM
As Paracelsus have said: The dose make the poison.

Not even long time ago I was getting drunk quite often. However I have decided to drink much less, as sober mind is much more productive than drunk one. I cannot tell, how much is healthy to me, but it is already proven that some ammount of alcohol is helpful. In my personal opinion making borders "once a month", "twice a month" does not make sense truly - the point is, how much you drink. You can drink 3-4 beers weekly and be sober, and drink huge dose of alcohol once a month - which option is worse? I'd say the best option is to drink, when you know nothing wrong can happen and you are, for example when you are with friends or colleagues. I tend to drink before an exam, but of course not much - I have noticed that my marks were better when I was not fully sober.

What about drugs, I don't know. I don't like them. It would be nice to try in safe places, without sharp objects, some kind of LSD or other psychodelic. But it is dangerous when you are between people. And in a country where it is illegal. Anyway, I don't like drugs and its effects on me - so I avoid them.

Drawing-slim
08-28-2015, 02:13 PM
I don't get tired,I have too great goals and too much to do to be tired.These years that I am in now are the most important for me,I am laying the foundations of my future.

Anyway I find my relaxation in much better habits,like fitness,walking among nature,and sleeping with pretty women.How is a little chilling gonna ruin all you massive plans, brah? And how are those pretty women gonna run way from you or judge you harshly for doing what I just said? If so they must be worthless stupid and boring in bed too.

Nurzat
08-28-2015, 02:17 PM
I never ever use drugs and in my region they are highly unpopular. only some spoiled kids and hipsters use drugs here. I drink alcoholic drinks a lot and it's a man's duty to drink a lot. men die around 60 here but they drink a whole fuckin' lot. when I drank with Westerners they risked to go in an alcoholic coma because I am so well trained. I normally drink beer but on special occasions we drink rougher stuff too. also, we don't drink to get wasted like Westerners. the point is not to become a vegetable and sleep on streets, although it happens sometimes

Bezprym
08-28-2015, 02:20 PM
I never ever use drugs and in my region they are highly unpopular. only some spoiled kids and hipsters use drugs here. I drink alcoholic drinks a lot and it's a man's duty to drink a lot. men die around 60 here but they drink a whole fuckin' lot. when I drank with Westerners they risked to go in an alcoholic coma because I am so well trained. I normally drink beer but on special occasions we drink rougher stuff too. also, we don't drink to get wasted like Westerners. the point is not to become a vegetable and sleep on streets, although it happens sometimes

I prefer vodka than beer. I am more pacifistic... or less aggressive to be exact. Harder to piss me off. And am more social - what in my case is quite valuable.

ÁGUIA
08-28-2015, 02:25 PM
Never!
I don't do drugs or drink alcohol. To me that is just poisoning your body.
If you want to relieve some stress just do some sports or other activities you enjoy.

SupaThug
08-28-2015, 02:28 PM
I don't drink alcohol(truth be told,beer tastes nasty).I smoke weed and cigars ocasionally!

Havomrak
08-28-2015, 02:29 PM
Never!
I don't do drugs or drink alcohol. To me that is just poisoning your body.
If you want to relieve some stress just do some sports or other activities you enjoy.

This

Drawing-slim
08-28-2015, 02:34 PM
I think in Eastern European countries everywhere drugs have this scary reputation and is this big taboo but that's a very funny silly approach IMO. Albanians are the same way. but in the west people are smarter how to mix a good high without getting crazy drunk and feeling like shit the next day. As i said, a little combo of everything that goes well together is the healthy way to go,lol loud out of controll drunks who can't even even walk straight I fail to see that can be a good high in any sense?!
To clarify, suppose getting high on some alcohol or drugs is the healthier way to go, which not only I believe but I think should be mandatory once in everybody long would be medically beneficial.

Most religious practicing Muslims or Christians don't ever drink or do anything, boring as fuck.

black hole
08-28-2015, 02:48 PM
I prefer alcohol over drugs.

Nurzat
08-28-2015, 03:08 PM
I think in Eastern European countries everywhere drugs have this scary reputation and is this big taboo but that's a very funny silly approach IMO. Albanians are the same way. but in the west people are smarter how to mix a good high without getting crazy drunk and feeling like shit the next day. As i said, a little combo of everything that goes well together is the healthy way to go,lol loud out of controll drunks who can't even even walk straight I fail to see that can be a good high in any sense?!
To clarify, suppose getting high on some alcohol or drugs is the healthier way to go, which not only I believe but I think should be mandatory once in everybody long would be medically beneficial.

Most religious practicing Muslims or Christians don't ever drink or do anything, boring as fuck.

I was in my youth three times in hospital for alcohol consumption :) but a very long time ago, I was a teenager. then I just got used to drink a lot. I rarely puke, I just go to sleep and feel like dieing the next day and swear not to ever drink again. but I do. my best friends here are from my region, part Ukrainians themselves, and they are drunkards too, all working in high positions and being intellectuals. intellectuals drink a lot in the East. also, it happened to me to go home with a girl and be so tired+drunk and not get the dick hard enough, sometimes she played with what she had and it hardened after a while. hehe, many drinking memories. also one fuck in the toilet of a club. I am still ashamed thinking of it

XvThomas_LysergicV
08-29-2015, 01:16 AM
I'm not encouraging people to do drugs but if they're going to do them then they should just do them recreationally. If they cant then maybe they should think about stopping or taking a break. I don't really do drugs that much. I used to smoke weed but I haven't smoked it in years. I take certain mind altering pills once in a blue moon. In the future,I would be open to trying Acid and Ecstasy. I've tried shrooms a few times. They never worked on me. I don't think I took enough. I mostly just drink. It helps me relax,sleep when I cant sleep and it calms me down. If I buy or get a case/pack of beer or a bottle of something then I can't stop drinking until all of its gone,which could take a few days depending on what I buy. That's why when I buy alcohol I get 6,12 packs of beer and small bottles. I don't drink everyday though. When I don't have alcohol i'm totally fine. I keep it recreational.

Stimpy
08-29-2015, 11:10 AM
I believe that almost everyone that doesn't have problems with serious mental illness should read up on and try some sort of psychedelic drug at least once in their life. I really believe it turned me into a more empathetic and understanding person and gave me a different outlook on life.

If done properly psychedelics can have therapeutic effects on depression and even help dying patients with their fear of death. It's an interesting experience that can give a deeper insight on life, Francis Crick even discovered DNA thanks to LSD.

Here in Sweden we have lots of strong psychedelic mushrooms called liberty caps which have been used for a very long time even during the viking age. Me and a couple of friends are going to pick and make tea from them in the upcoming weeks, they start popping up now in late august.

Hithaeglir
08-29-2015, 11:12 AM
I never used drugs to fight stress and pressure.I prefer to find other ways to calm myself if i feel tense.

Of course i drink alcohol in social occasions but i do it moderately these days.

Drawing-slim
08-29-2015, 11:33 AM
Well, when I opened this thread I was fucked up on cocaine and whisky, while smoking and listening to music in bed while this blonde milf from California fell asleep after I punched her in the stomach a couple times,(lol)
and I woke up the next day with absolutely zero hangover. That's my point. If I had drank myself silly it would have been a horrible hangover the next day. So I highly recommend drinking hard liquor on totally empty stomach, couple lines of coke you will get high real fast but never feel bloated or hangover.

Fortis in Arduis
08-29-2015, 11:51 AM

Anyway I find my relaxation in much better habits,like fitness,walking among nature,and sleeping with pretty women.

The time in my life when I was happiest was when I was sharply focused on fitness goals, and spiritual development. I remember the sublime super-sensuous states of bliss that I worked hard to attain; a joyous state.

Having a blow out with recreational drugs, regardless of legality, should not be necessary.

Those experiences detract from real achievement.

For many years, I was a recreational morphine user, without a physical addiction, and I would enjoy it once or twice a week, and it added absolutely nothing to my resolve or inner strength. That was just my experience, and morphine, unlike many drugs, does not cause any harm itself, but even so, I would assume that it is the case for all. So, even if recreational drug users think that they have it cracked, I believe them to be mistaken, and searching fruitlessly for transcendent experiences that could better be found without using substances.

For those who seek to expand their consciousness via psychedelics such as ketamine and LSD, I would like to inform them that even the cleverest men, such as Aldous Huxley, were fooled into thinking that they had found a window that opened onto enlightenment, but it just is not the case, and truly enlightened souls have never recommended this approach above meditation, for example.

Why make this mistake when thousands have proved it inferior to better alternatives?

Linebacker
08-29-2015, 12:31 PM
The time in my life when I was happiest was when I was sharply focused on fitness goals, and spiritual development. I remember the sublime super-sensuous states of bliss that I worked hard to attain; a joyous state.

Having a blow out with recreational drugs, regardless of legality, should not be necessary.

Those experiences detract from real achievement.

For many years, I was a recreational morphine user, without a physical addiction, and I would enjoy it once or twice a week, and it added absolutely nothing to my resolve or inner strength. That was just my experience, and morphine, unlike many drugs, does not cause any harm itself, but even so, I would assume that it is the case for all. So, even if recreational drug users think that they have it cracked, I believe them to be mistaken, and searching fruitlessly for transcendent experiences that could better be found without using substances.

For those who seek to expand their consciousness via psychedelics such as ketamine and LSD, I would like to inform them that even the cleverest men, such as Aldous Huxley, were fooled into thinking that they had found a window that opened onto enlightenment, but it just is not the case, and truly enlightened souls have never recommended this approach above meditation, for example.

Why make this mistake when thousands have proved it inferior to better alternatives?

This is a very good point.

Best person who can say drugs are shit is someone who has actually tried them for real and realized they are shit.

Kastrioti1443
08-29-2015, 12:39 PM
There's no doubt that using some alcohol & good drugs every once in a while is much better for you than nothing at all, if you live anywhere in the west with all the stress and whatnot in daily lives. But how often is good you think?
Personally most all people that never do anything substance wise are tend to be a little high strong or simply different, more aggressive nature that clearly need to calm the fuck down.
So once a month? Less or more perhaps?

You are not a highlander man, you are totally lost by every mean.

Malsors used to smoke sometimes, and i smoke too sometimes, but I just hate alcohol and there are more months in a year than the bottles of beer that I drink during a year. As for drugs I have never used them.

Drinking alcohol and doing drugs are for subhumans and for the weak who want to justify their misery.

Drawing-slim
08-29-2015, 10:43 PM
You are not a highlander man, you are totally lost by every mean.

Malsors used to smoke sometimes, and i smoke too sometimes, but I just hate alcohol and there are more months in a year than the bottles of beer that I drink during a year. As for drugs I have never used them.

Drinking alcohol and doing drugs are for subhumans and for the weak who want to justify their misery.
You sound very typical of the Eastern Europeans I characterized earlier in this thread. You're just like my uncles and cousins. Fucking idiots!lol

Demon Revival
08-29-2015, 10:57 PM
Once in a month is OK for you organic life forms as you're likely to develop some tolerance otherwise, which in your case reduces the fun. Biomimmetical automatons like me can get high without the drawbacks an organic would get. Be responsible.

Longbowman
08-29-2015, 10:59 PM
There's no doubt that using some alcohol & good drugs every once in a while is much better for you than nothing at all

stopped reading here

Hadouken
08-29-2015, 11:01 PM
there was a time where I was drunk 3 nights in a row partying in nightclubs . last year I took an anti depressivant then smoked a joint and later went to a nightclub with a friend where I drunk alcohol on top of it and felt weird as fuck

alcohol and drugs are not good for you obviously . it is best to not do it at all but if you have to do it then do it only sometimes and dont overdrink

Jägerstaffel
08-29-2015, 11:01 PM
It isn't up to me to decide what brings another person pleasure or accomplishment in their life.

Alessio
08-29-2015, 11:03 PM
Been there done that and by the time I was 21 I never did any of those things again except maybe some Mari J or some wine or beers every now and then.

Drawing-slim
08-29-2015, 11:22 PM
stopped reading hereouch man! Coming from you I wish you could have stayed neutral in this debate:p either way you're dead wrong.

Longbowman
08-29-2015, 11:23 PM
ouch man! Coming from you I wish you could have stayed neutral in this debate:p either way you're dead wrong.

Actually it's Jaegerstaffel who is correct. Although not everyone knows what's best for them.

Drawing-slim
08-29-2015, 11:37 PM
Donald trump claims to have never had a sip of alcohol in his life nor any drugs ever nor cigarette ever. Every Arab Imam has never done either, either have Christian radical preachers..
We have bill Clinton George Bush and Obama who have done drugs and still would do it on a party situation if they weren't public figures I'm 100% sure.
Which people out of the two groups would you rather hangout with, trump and imams from Saudi Arabia or. Bush Clinton & Obama? You tell me!
And how are they subhumans?!

Drawing-slim
08-29-2015, 11:46 PM
The most annoying people on earth are those who tend to be opnely persistently judgmental, this is universally known and acceptable truth.
Those who fit this criteria best are those who go clean off drugs all their lives and take this pathetic "badge of honor" to their grave, as if this is some sort of "achievement". These people tend to be very small characters, lack of generosity, lack of common sense in general and straight up unpleasant characters for the most part.

JohnnyB
08-29-2015, 11:49 PM
I just drink now. I fooled around with coke and ecstasy in my mid 20's.

Kazimiera
08-30-2015, 12:03 AM
I don't drink alcohol, nor do I do drugs.

I'm balanced, relaxed, cheerful and positive. I am sure that if I drank regularly and did drugs (even occasionally) this would no longer be the case. I have no desire to achieve alternate states of consciousness or reality, mainly because there is nothing wrong with my reality and I have nothing I need to, or want to, escape from.

Drawing-slim
08-30-2015, 12:16 AM
I don't drink alcohol, nor do I do drugs.

I'm balanced, relaxed, cheerful and positive. I am sure that if I drank regularly and did drugs (even occasionally) this would no longer be the case. I have no desire to achieve alternate states of consciousness or reality, mainly because there is nothing wrong with my reality and I have nothing I need to, or want to, escape from.Thats because you live in a picturesque village in South Africa and you don't have to deal with the hustling life of a city, you most likely still own slaves being a South African, got a job.
We literally have to take drugs every once in awhile to imagine your life:D

Kazimiera
08-30-2015, 12:38 AM
Thats because you live in a picturesque village in South Africa and you don't have to deal with the hustling life of a city, you most likely still own slaves being a South African, got a job.
We literally have to take drugs every once in awhile to imagine your life:D

I don't have a slave. I have a marriage certificate! :D

I think you do make a point though. I don't live a fast-paced life because I do live in a picturesque little village and I have nobody I need to keep up with. I have plenty of free time and a little job that isn't too stressful, although I do work very unsociable hours.

The people from the city have a different life. Their jobs are very demanding on their energy reserves, which are usually running on empty. I cannot imagine driving to work, stuck in peak traffic for three hours, doing a job I hate for 8 hours and doing the same trip back home in the evening. My husband's cousin is one of these people. He is constantly under pressure to keep up with X, Y and Z. If he isn't competing with others to get to work in time, he's competing with other companies to get the best deal, and then competing with his friends who has the most impressive house. He splashes out every other weekend on alcohol and various other substances. He says it brings some balance into his life which is sad. People shouldn't have to be in a position where they need to take substances to relax. :(

ChocolateFace
08-30-2015, 12:40 AM
Well, when I opened this thread I was fucked up on cocaine and whisky, while smoking and listening to music in bed while this blonde milf from California fell asleep after I punched her in the stomach a couple times,(lol)

lmaoo :cool: You are a legend bro

And as for the topic I have never done any drugs in my life and I never will. But I do drink socially/occasionally only.

Longbowman
08-30-2015, 01:42 AM
Maybe stop living a fast paced life?

Drawing-slim
08-30-2015, 01:53 AM
Maybe stop living a fast paced life?How can one living in the western world stop living a fast paced life?? I never suggested to use drugs often but once in awhile I think is better for you than none at all.
Very very few people who never drink or use anything at all once in awhile are socially easy to be around, IRL that is. They tend to have this strong urge of "self-respect" which is oh so fucking annoying. In most cases those types are judgmental awkward loud freaks with this old fashion mindset that makes them unpleasant to be around.
I brought you example of people who never done drugs or drink. Trump! Does he look like the dude one can chill or hangout with, in comparison George Bush seems like a nice person cool dude.

SupaThug
08-30-2015, 02:19 AM
The most annoying people on earth are those who tend to be opnely persistently judgmental, this is universally known and acceptable truth.
Those who fit this criteria best are those who go clean off drugs all their lives and take this pathetic "badge of honor" to their grave, as if this is some sort of "achievement". These people tend to be very small characters, lack of generosity, lack of common sense in general and straight up unpleasant characters for the most part.

The world needs more people like you,seriously!

Mn The Loki TA Son
08-30-2015, 02:41 AM
I'm a Drug and Free. The only thing, I just drink a little bit. And sometimes smoke some weed(but not really). So maybe more like I'm Drug-free %90+...

But since your being open here, I will not lié here, I had fooled around a bit with coke...The first time and last time last year.
The last time was like about $45+ I think an 8-ball of coke
https://i.imgur.com/FfnvQQD.gif

Brianna
08-30-2015, 04:35 AM
I just drink now. I fooled around with coke and ecstasy in my mid 20's.

I was tempted to try ecstasy when I was in college. It was the only illegal drug that called out to me.

Brianna
08-30-2015, 04:50 AM
Vice is nice...in moderation. I don't trust guys who claim to be choir boys. I know my cousins' sons party. They don't need to pretend around me. Most people go through these stages when they're in high school and college. It's part of life. Even dogs like their own versions of sex, drugs, and rock & roll. Even insects get high. It's part of nature. I don't do illegal drugs, but I don't think that we should cage people who choose to do them. Adults should be free to decide what to put in their own bodies. I can't believe that we arrest, convict, and incarcerate people for making the "wrong" decision. It's one thing if they endanger other people by driving drunk or high. I get that! It's another thing if they get buzzed in the privacy of their own homes. We're not free people if we can't do that without breaking one of the multitudes of laws. Just say no...to statism.

Stimpy
08-30-2015, 08:53 AM

They weren't necessarily ''fooled''. Francis Crick discovered DNA thanks to LSD, many others f.ex. Steve Jobs and Jack Nicholson have stated the owe their success to it. Psychedelics and meditation aren't comparable. They're two completely different things and one doesn't exclude the other.

Wadaad
08-30-2015, 09:11 AM
They arent. Especially if you come from a long generation of tee-totalers. Epigenetics is real. This is why you cannot compete with these kafirs, Kurt...alcohol and drugs is in their system from generations, they have tolerance embedded in their DNA, you do not. They can 'function' intoxicated, we cannot.

Petalpusher
08-30-2015, 09:30 AM
It was 'forbidden' to me for 10 years or so. I can be high 24/7 now, i just smoke once in a while, mostly.

Brianna
08-31-2015, 04:56 AM
It was 'forbidden' to me for 10 years or so. I can be high 24/7 now, i just smoke once in a while, mostly.

Did your locale change its drug laws? I probably got that wrong. You put "forbidden" in quotes. hmmm Was that a reference to your parents, religion, job, and/or school?

Cheech Marin partook of reefer for years. He showed his madness when he became the highest scorer ever on the celebrity version of "Jeopardy". Evidently, his memory wasn't destroyed by the devil's plant. He handily won the tournament, by the way. He was as good as most regular contestants. Cheech came from the era of FUNNY Latino comics. I snuck in an editorial comment about cultural devolution.

Lawalye
08-31-2015, 05:00 AM
Did your locale change its drug laws? I probably got that wrong. You put "forbidden" in quotes. hmmm Was that a reference to your parents, religion, job, and/or school?

Medical issues probably or he wouldn't have used the word "forbidden".

Also
08-31-2015, 05:29 AM
Do drugs 3~5 days a week. That's the ideal for your healthy.

But alcohol you can drink everyday in moderation. Don't let smartass faggots tell you otherwise.

Lawalye
08-31-2015, 05:40 AM

But alcohol you can drink everyday in moderation. Don't let smartass faggots tell you otherwise.

Alcohol should be banned in every decent countries or at least alcohol of more than 15°, even if it is a great industry that generates billions every year plus millions of jobs.

That entails grave costs for the society and leads the consumers to physical and mental degeneracy.

Blake
08-31-2015, 05:44 AM
All fucking day. Fuck.

Brianna
08-31-2015, 05:45 AM
Medical issues probably or he wouldn't have used the word "forbidden".

I should have included that option. I sometimes think that prescribed medications hurt and/or kill more people than illegal drugs.

Rugevit
08-31-2015, 06:28 AM
Alcohol should be banned in every decent countries or at least alcohol of more than 15°, even if it is a great industry that generates billions every year plus millions of jobs.

That entails grave costs for the society and leads the consumers to physical and mental degeneracy.

I can relate to what you are saying but it's not going to work. It's just not going to work. Think of the prohibition in USA in the 30s. My parents were telling stories of the shortage of alcoholic drinks in USSR in the 80s. People were making and selling home-made liquor themselves. As a result a lot of people were getting poisoned and killed from poor quality alcohol. But alcohol can be banned from sale at nights in some districts in which low social class people live.

Drawing-slim
08-31-2015, 06:34 AM

But alcohol you can drink everyday in moderation. Don't let smartass faggots tell you otherwise.:laugh:

Brianna
08-31-2015, 06:38 AM
I can relate to what you are saying but it's not going to work. It's just not going to work. Think of the prohibition in USA in the 30s. My parents were telling about stories of the shortage of alcoholic drink in USSR in the 80s. People were making and selling home-madel iquor themselves. As a result a lot of people were getting poisoned and killed from poor quality alcohol. Alcohol can be banned from sale at nights in some districts in which low social class people live.

There are parallels with the current prohibition of certain drugs. Guzman and Escobar are modern versions of Capone. Unsafe illegal drugs kill users. People are imprisoned for making personal decisions. The War on Drugs is a failure. Retired judges and law enforcement officers often agree. They can't admit it until they retire. They know the facts and the truth from their own intimate personal experiences. They aren't members of the annoying drug culture. They aren't ignorant authoritarians. They're knowledgable people who tell it like it is.

Kamal900
08-31-2015, 06:39 AM
Alcohol is very good in killing bacteria from causing infection to the wounds and etc, but drinking too much of it can have dire consequences to your body and mind. Drugs are useful in fighting against certain diseases and/or helping the patient to cope with incurable illnesses like Cancer and etc, but like always, Drugs shouldn't be misused for fun or entertainment which had destroyed millions of lives.

XvThomas_LysergicV
08-31-2015, 07:10 AM
I should have included that option. I sometimes think that prescribed medications hurt and/or kill more people than illegal drugs.

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I don't know but I do know that taking prescription pills is becoming a trend these days. The recreational use and the abuse (non recreational,habitual use) of prescription pills has been the trend or the "thing to do" these last ten years. Sure people abused them before but they've never abused them as much as they do now. Like I said before I don't know if they're killing more people but if they are then maybe the reasons why they are is because they're easier to get a hold of and people perceive them as less harmful and addicting.

Certain prescription drugs have the potential to be just as habit forming and harmful as hard drugs. In my opinion its easier for the majority of people to get a script or a hold of prescription pills than hard or illegal drugs. A lot of them believe if they're getting them the legal way by getting a script or if they're buying them off of someone else who has one then they're not doing anything wrong.

They think that just because a doctor prescribes them to some people then they're not as harmful as illegal drugs. They probably think,oh well these pills must not be that bad otherwise the doctor wouldn't have prescribed them to the person I bought them off of. Why would a doctor prescribe something that could potentially hurt me?

I'm not putting weed in the hard drug category. I don't smoke weed but I consider weed a soft drug for the most part. Its also one of the easiest illegal drugs to get. Its always been easier to get than the other illegal drugs.

Profileid
08-31-2015, 07:20 AM
Either Kurt is messing around or an idiot.

I have used hard drugs on occasion because it's fun but I know it's bad for you.

I smoke marijuana maybe once a week,but again, not good for you.
I rarely drink.

Profileid
08-31-2015, 07:26 AM
There are parallels with the current prohibition of certain drugs. Guzman and Escobar are modern versions of Capone. Unsafe illegal drugs kill users. People are imprisoned for making personal decisions. The War on Drugs is a failure. Retired judges and law enforcement officers often agree. They can't admit it until they retire. They know the facts and the truth from their own intimate personal experiences. They aren't members of the annoying drug culture. They aren't ignorant authoritarians. They're knowledgable people who tell it like it is.

I disagree. Alcohol is not as addictive as heroin or other hard drugs but it's destroyed lives and families since like forever. Imagine if hard drugs became legal and readily available and you could just buy them at a store. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. The Netherlands flirted with legalization of hard drugs like heroin decades ago and realized what a horrible idea it was. Residents of Amsterdam would comment some streets looked like something out of a zombie movie.

XvThomas_LysergicV
08-31-2015, 07:31 AM
Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I don't know but I do know that taking prescription pills is becoming a trend these days. The recreational use and the abuse (non recreational,habitual use) of prescription pills has been the trend or the "thing to do" these last ten years. Sure people abused them before but they've never abused them as much as they do now. Like I said before I don't know if they're killing more people but if they are then maybe the reasons why they are is because they're easier to get a hold of and people perceive them as less harmful and addicting.

Certain prescription drugs have the potential to be just as habit forming and harmful as hard drugs. In my opinion its easier for the majority of people to get a script or a hold of prescription pills than hard or illegal drugs. A lot of them believe if they're getting them the legal way by getting a script or if they're buying them off of someone else who has one then they're not doing anything wrong.

They think that just because a doctor prescribes them to some people then they're not as harmful as illegal drugs. They probably think,oh well these pills must not be that bad otherwise the doctor wouldn't have prescribed them to the person I bought them off of. Why would a doctor prescribe something that could potentially hurt me?

I'm not putting weed in the hard drug category. I don't smoke weed but I consider weed a soft drug for the most part. Its also one of the easiest illegal drugs to get. Its always been easier to get than the other illegal drugs.

I wasn't trying to make it seem like I was talking bad about people who take pills recreationally. I don't think they're less than me or anything,since I take them sometimes. I was just stating the obvious facts about them and saying what they can potentially do to people. I take them every once in a while but I don't abuse them like some people.

Lawalye
08-31-2015, 07:46 AM
I can relate to what you are saying but it's not going to work. It's just not going to work. Think of the prohibition in USA in the 30s. My parents were telling stories of the shortage of alcoholic drinks in USSR in the 80s. People were making and selling home-made liquor themselves. As a result a lot of people were getting poisoned and killed from poor quality alcohol. But alcohol can be banned from sale at nights in some districts in which low social class people live.

Of course it is impossible, it's why I said "should", still the risk of a massive home-made production if only alcohol over 15° are forbidden is low.
Home-made alcohol production can be dangerous when there are methanol in it, it leads to blindness and even death. Modern mentality is different that it was during these periods, people would just stick to legal alcohol.

Brianna
08-31-2015, 08:01 AM

I should have been more specific. I'm referring to medications that are used as directed. I don't doubt that prescription drugs hurt and/or kill more people than illegal drugs if they're abused or misused. I think that some medications are dangerous, even if they're taken as directed. They might be harmful, in and of themselves. They might be deadly for some patients but okay for other ones. They might be dangerous when taken in conjunction with other legal medications but safe when taken by themselves or with other legal medications that won't cause side effects when combined with them. I don't doubt that abused prescription drugs wreak more havoc than individual illegal drugs. You know the statistics. You know the stories.

Brianna
08-31-2015, 08:09 AM
I disagree. Alcohol is not as addictive as heroin or other hard drugs but it's destroyed lives and families since like forever. Imagine if hard drugs became legal and readily available and you could just buy them at a store. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. The Netherlands flirted with legalization of hard drugs like heroin decades ago and realized what a horrible idea it was. Residents of Amsterdam would comment some streets looked like something out of a zombie movie.

People will use drugs whether they're legal or not. It's not a good thing, but it happens to be a fact of life. Legalization will take profits away from the drug cartels, especially in Mexico, that murder so many people, even civilians who aren't connected to the drug trade in any way. It's also a good way to make sure that drugs are clean and safe. Beyond that, people have the right to do with their bodies as they please. The State has no business in such personal matters. You probably will bring up crimes linked to addicts. If they commit crimes, deal with them as you would other criminals. The Netherlands may not be a success story, but I don't think that's the case with Portugal. Portuguese members are welcome to clarify that.

XvThomas_LysergicV
08-31-2015, 08:19 AM
I should have been more specific. I'm referring to medications that are used as directed. I don't doubt that prescription drugs hurt and/or kill more people than illegal drugs if they're abused or misused. I think that some medications are dangerous, even if they're taken as directed. They might be harmful, in and of themselves. They might be deadly for some patients but okay for other ones. They might be dangerous when taken in conjunction with other legal medications but safe when taken by themselves or with other legal medications that won't cause side effects when combined with them. I don't doubt that abused prescription drugs wreak more havoc than individual illegal drugs. You know the statistics. You know the stories.

Oh ok. I didn't think you were referring to stuff like headache medicine. I was talking about drugs like pain pills/opiates,benzodiazapines,Adderall,etc. You can easily od on headache medicine though. They're habit forming but they're not addictive. They don't alter you mind or anything. I agree with most of your post. I don't think abusable prescription pills are wore than hard drugs. They have the potential to be just as bad as hard drugs but they're not worse,in my opinion. It also depends on what illegal and prescription drug we are talking about. Some illegal drugs are more harmful and safer than others. The same could be said for prescription pills too.

Drawing-slim
08-31-2015, 08:58 AM
Oh ok. I didn't think you were referring to stuff like headache medicine. I was talking about drugs like pain pills/opiates,benzodiazapines,Adderall,etc. You can easily od on headache medicine though. They're habit forming but they're not addictive. They don't alter you mind or anything. I agree with most of your post. I don't think abusable prescription pills are wore than hard drugs. They have the potential to be just as bad as hard drugs but they're not worse,in my opinion. It also depends on what illegal and prescription drug we are talking about. Some illegal drugs are more harmful and safer than others. The same could be said for prescription pills too.I think prescription pills are much more dangerous than cocaine and alcohol definitely more than weed which is not even a harmful drug with side effects.
Pain killers are very addictive and more appealing because it reaches a wide range of people and of course the high is good. More appealing psychologically as you said because they're perscribed by a doctor and one doesn't have to go through a drug dealer to get them.. So it reaches more "normal" people as well as the illegal drug consumers.
The withdraw from pain killers is pretty harsh and being on pain killers for to long can lead you to some fucked anxiety & deep depression so you have to stay high on them all the time. More than once a month could lead you do an addiction that creeps up on you IMO.

XvThomas_LysergicV
08-31-2015, 09:29 AM
I don't think prescription pain pills are more addictive than something like Heroin. They're defiantly more appealing and easier to get. Most people wouldn't know where to go to find Heroin so of course pain pills are going to be more addictive. They haven't had the chance to take take Heroin to see how much more addictive it is. I've taken loads of pain pills on a single day and on different days in the same month. I've never wanted them after I stopped taking them. I don't even like them that much. I've never got how some people actually get hardcore addicted to it. I guess everyone's different when it comes to this kind of stuff. I doubt someone's going to become addicted to them over taking them a few times in the same month. Its takes time. Heroin is a drug that can make some people addicted after only using once or twice. Not to say there aren't some users who can keep it recreational.

I agree Alcohol is worse than weed but I don't know if Prescription pills are worse than Cocaine. I've never done Cocaine before so i'm not sure. I heard its addictive but its not as bad as Heroin and some other hard drugs.

Petalpusher
08-31-2015, 09:41 AM

I meant forbidden as in, being tested for drug substance, all sorts of, regularly.

Mortimer
08-31-2015, 09:46 AM
alcohol once a day a small glas of wine or one bottle of beer. drugs never

Drawing-slim
08-31-2015, 10:05 AM
I don't think prescription pain pills are more addictive than something like Heroin. They're defiantly more appealing and easier to get. Most people wouldn't know where to go to find Heroin so of course pain pills are going to be more addictive. They haven't had the chance to take take Heroin to see how much more addictive it is. I've taken loads of pain pills on a single day and on different days in the same month. I've never wanted them after I stopped taking them. I don't even like them that much. I've never got how some people actually get hardcore addicted to it. I guess everyone's different when it comes to this kind of stuff. I doubt someone's going to become addicted to them over taking them a few times in the same month. Its takes time. Heroin is a drug that can make some people addicted after only using once or twice. Not to say there aren't some users who can keep it recreational.

I agree Alcohol is worse than weed but I don't know if Prescription pills are worse than Cocaine. I've never done Cocaine before so i'm not sure. I heard its addictive but its not as bad as Heroin and some other hard drugs.True, I wouldn't even know where to get heroine,lol cocaine coasts more money and harder to get.. pain killers must have heroine in them though? I can't imagine heroin making you any higher than some strong full of morphine pain killers.
Cocaine is more a party drug while pain killers can be used for every occasion, sleep, party, chill alone or with people, more dangerous than coke I think.

XvThomas_LysergicV
08-31-2015, 10:26 AM
True, I wouldn't even know where to get heroine,lol cocaine coasts more money and harder to get.. pain killers must have heroine in them though? I can't imagine heroin making you any higher than some strong full of morphine pain killers.
Cocaine is more a party drug while pain killers can be used for every occasion, sleep, party, chill alone or with people, more dangerous than coke I think.

Pain pills don't have heroin in them. All of them (Pain pills and Heroin) are derived from the same plant which is the poppy plant. They're not the same things. They're all different drugs with different ingredients. They all share one ingredient though which is the one that makes you high. They're related, they have things in common but they're not the same. That's like saying do Apples have apple sauce in them. Apples don't have apple sauce in them. They're both related because they share an ingredient from the original crop/tree,the apple tree. They share an ingredient or few ingredients but they're not the same. That was just an example.

Geni
08-31-2015, 10:44 AM
Sometime i trink Raki ...but never with drugs...drugs are sport for nordic ubermench ...

TheoTheGreat
08-31-2015, 10:45 AM
Depends on what drugs, I would say psychedelics recreationally but only too an extent of once or twice a year as it provides you with an alternate positive view of life, it can be life changing too the extent that you pick up on the positives of things that you didn't before and opens you up to different perspectives. It's much safer than alcohol, but I don't recommend anything other than Mushrooms, Acid or Weed.

Profileid
08-31-2015, 06:52 PM
People will use drugs whether they're legal or not. It's not a good thing, but it happens to be a fact of life. Legalization will take profits away from the drug cartels, especially in Mexico, that murder so many people, even civilians who aren't connected to the drug trade in any way. It's also a good way to make sure that drugs are clean and safe. Beyond that, people have the right to do with their bodies as they please. The State has no business in such personal matters. You probably will bring up crimes linked to addicts. If they commit crimes, deal with them as you would other criminals. The Netherlands may not be a success story, but I don't think that's the case with Portugal. Portuguese members are welcome to clarify that.

The state has business regulating drugs. Yes absolutely. When you have heroin epidemics, these are public health risks and the state has business in trying to prevent it from happening.
Hard drugs are for the most part, harder to obtain because they're not legal. Alcohol causes a massive amount of societal harm despite not being as bad as these drugs. It would simply be alcohol times 10

Queen B
08-31-2015, 08:41 PM
I'm having a little alcohol consumption once in a while (never to get drunk, only to get tipsy).
I have never ever tried drugs. Not even weed.

Leliana
08-31-2015, 10:37 PM
Beer isn't considered a drug in Germany/Austria. It's basic foodstuff and alcohol is legal by the age of 16. :D I know no one who drinks nothing at least every once in a while, and hell, we can tolerate much of it!

http://www.dw.com/image/0,,16095847_303,00.jpg

Prost ihr Säcke!

Life without beer is possible, but meaningless. But I don't do drugs like THC.

Brianna
08-31-2015, 11:36 PM
Oh ok. I didn't think you were referring to stuff like headache medicine. I was talking about drugs like pain pills/opiates,benzodiazapines,Adderall,etc. You can easily od on headache medicine though. They're habit forming but they're not addictive. They don't alter you mind or anything. I agree with most of your post. I don't think abusable prescription pills are wore than hard drugs. They have the potential to be just as bad as hard drugs but they're not worse,in my opinion. It also depends on what illegal and prescription drug we are talking about. Some illegal drugs are more harmful and safer than others. The same could be said for prescription pills too.

It all depends on the substance and how it's used. It also depends on the user's body. Something that helps one person can hurt another person. I'm not referring to headache treatment that you can buy over the counter. I guess that they might adversely affect some people since our systems are so unique. I was referring to the plethora of medications that are prescribed by physicians to patients on a daily basis, especially psychopharmaceuticals and opioids. Just listen to the long list of horrible side effects when you hear or see the next commercial for some medication.

Brianna
08-31-2015, 11:38 PM
The state has business regulating drugs. Yes absolutely. When you have heroin epidemics, these are public health risks and the state has business in trying to prevent it from happening.
Hard drugs are for the most part, harder to obtain because they're not legal. Alcohol causes a massive amount of societal harm despite not being as bad as these drugs. It would simply be alcohol times 10

The State should make sure that food and drugs are safe to sell to consumers, but it shouldn't dictate what people consume.

Drawing-slim
09-01-2015, 12:12 AM
The State should make sure that food and drugs are safe to sell to consumers, but it shouldn't dictate what people consume.I think you have a very profound take on this subject over all. Impressive coming form a woman actually. Not that woman can't think wisely but when it comes to drugs they're much more conservative.

Drawing-slim
09-01-2015, 12:17 AM
And as far as over using it, I still have lines of coke at home along good weed and some really good scotch. Haven't bothered to try at all since I started this thread. So i ain't a junkey! But it feels good knowing it's there whenever the mood calls for itxD

Hydromorphone
09-01-2015, 12:42 AM
Pain pills don't have heroin in them. All of them (Pain pills and Heroin) are derived from the same plant which is the poppy plant. They're not the same things. They're all different drugs with different ingredients. They all share one ingredient though which is the one that makes you high. They're related, they have things in common but they're not the same. That's like saying do Apples have apple sauce in them. Apples don't have apple sauce in them. They're both related because they share an ingredient from the original crop/tree,the apple tree. They share an ingredient or few ingredients but they're not the same. That was just an example.

What makes heroin more addictive for addicts is the rush from I.V use. I can't remember the specifics, but Heroin is rapidly converted into 3 main metabolites when some of it's links are cleaved. It's been a while since I was in my last psychopharmacology class. Morphine itself simply binds to receptor sites, heroin undergoes a conversion that some theorize makes it more addictive, so even if you took an equivalent dose of each (5mg diamorphine to 10mg Morphine) many may prefer the diamorphine or heroin.

Also a little off tangent, but this is the reason so many people like smoking when they are drunk or on other sorts of drugs. Nicotine itself adds to the buzz, but the hydrolysis of the tobacco plant causes significant MAO inhibition, which is an enzyme that helps break down drugs. Essentially when you smoke, you are reducing the number of enzymes that break down the opiates/whatever drug at receptor sites in your brain, leading it to feel much stronger/have a better effect.

Armand_Duval
09-01-2015, 12:54 AM
I don't do drugs, I am only into booze, I guess I'm old fashioned.:cool:

Dylan
09-01-2015, 01:02 AM
Weed and Alcohol are fine as long as you do them infrequently. I think it has to be a special occassion and with good company. A couple times a month or less is definitely good, and once a week is probably fine too, but once it becomes a sort of routine, I think thats a problem. Once it becomes normal and isn't fully apprecaited, its not good.

Dandelion
09-01-2015, 01:16 AM
Life without beer is possible, but meaningless. But I don't do drugs like THC.

Women in dirndls look far better than women with dreadlocks anyway.

Hydromorphone
09-01-2015, 01:18 AM
What makes heroin more addictive for addicts is the rush from I.V use. I can't remember the specifics, but Heroin is rapidly converted into 3 main metabolites when some of it's links are cleaved. It's been a while since I was in my last psychopharmacology class. Morphine itself simply binds to receptor sites, heroin undergoes a conversion that some theorize makes it more addictive, so even if you took an equivalent dose of each (5mg diamorphine to 10mg Morphine) many may prefer the diamorphine or heroin.

Also a little off tangent, but this is the reason so many people like smoking when they are drunk or on other sorts of drugs. Nicotine itself adds to the buzz, but the hydrolysis of the tobacco plant causes significant MAO inhibition, which is an enzyme that helps break down drugs. Essentially when you smoke, you are reducing the number of enzymes that break down the opiates/whatever drug at receptor sites in your brain, leading it to feel much stronger/have a better effect.

I also just realized the irony of me writing all this with my username being "Hydromorphone" :lol:

Henrymark
09-01-2015, 01:20 AM
Not a good practice I think. I don't take drugs ever. But sometimes I drink Alcohol but now always. Every week 1-2 time at best.

Atvend
09-01-2015, 02:02 AM
They weren't necessarily ''fooled''. Francis Crick discovered DNA thanks to LSD, many others f.ex. Steve Jobs and Jack Nicholson have stated the owe their success to it. Psychedelics and meditation aren't comparable. They're two completely different things and one doesn't exclude the other.

Francis Crick didn't discover DNA thanks to LSD, you don't just get a dose of LSD and make revolutionary discoveries. Francis Crick was already an established molecular biologist, was working alongside partners with whom he shares the Nobel prize and was building upon preexisting work of other scientists. To attribute his success to LSD is a massive speculation. Steve Jobs, the glorified personality who thrived on other people's work and ingenuity? Yeah that speaks for itself. Jack Nicholson, an actor, bleh...

The only thing psychedelics have brought forth is the most vile and disgusting subculture of pretentious pseudo-intellectuals.

Also
09-01-2015, 02:05 AM
You should try some LSD and listen to The Dark Side of The Moon.

XvThomas_LysergicV
09-01-2015, 02:54 AM
It all depends on the substance and how it's used. It also depends on the user's body. Something that helps one person can hurt another person. I'm not referring to headache treatment that you can buy over the counter. I guess that they might adversely affect some people since our systems are so unique. I was referring to the plethora of medications that are prescribed by physicians to patients on a daily basis, especially psychopharmaceuticals and opioids. Just listen to the long list of horrible side effects when you hear or see the next commercial for some medication.

Opioid pain pills don't really have any horrible side effects. Becoming addicted and the withdraw from not having the pills if you get addicted to them is what you have to worry about. Other pharmaceutical pills like Antidepressants (for example) that aren't abusable have more side effects than opioid pain pills.

XvThomas_LysergicV
09-01-2015, 02:55 AM
I also just realized the irony of me writing all this with my username being "Hydromorphone" :lol:

I know what you mean man. My username is Thomas Lysergic but i've never tried LSD.

Brianna
09-01-2015, 04:17 AM
I think you have a very profound take on this subject over all. Impressive coming form a woman actually. Not that woman can't think wisely but when it comes to drugs they're much more conservative.

Thanks for that.

My views changed. I once thought that marijuana and other illegal drugs should never be legalized. I thought that alcohol and tobacco were bad enough and that the legalization of pot and other substances would make a bad situation worse. I became a libertarian after the USA changed so much after 9/11. The unnecessary wars were major factors that contributed to my changed views too. Obama reversed my change in that he once favored legalization, but he supposedly changed his opinion when he considered the damage caused by alcohol and tobacco.

Brianna
09-01-2015, 04:24 AM
Opioid pain pills don't really have any horrible side effects. Becoming addicted and the withdraw from not having the pills if you get addicted to them is what you have to worry about. Other pharmaceutical pills like Antidepressants (for example) that aren't abusable have more side effects than opioid pain pills.

All have risks. You can overdose on opioids, and some individuals can't tolerate them. I agree with you about the danger of addiction and withdrawal. I think that medication, that treats psychiatric problems, help some people. On the other hand, they sometimes make bad situations worse. It depends on the person's own biochemistry. I think that they're overprescribed by lazy doctors beholden to pharmaceutical companies. Feel depressed because your spouse left you? Pop one of our pills. By the way, it might cause suicidal ideation.

Stimpy
09-01-2015, 07:21 AM
you don't just get a dose of LSD and make revolutionary discoveries.
Obviously not.

Francis Crick was already an established molecular biologist, was working alongside partners with whom he shares the Nobel prize and was building upon preexisting work of other scientists. To attribute his success to LSD is a massive speculation.
Crick stated several times when he was alive that the structure of DNA(famous double helix shape) came to him during an LSD trip. Crick and many other Cambridge academics at the time also micro dosed LSD as a thinking tool.

Steve Jobs, the glorified personality who thrived on other people's work and ingenuity? Yeah that speaks for itself. Jack Nicholson, an actor, bleh...
Two extremely successful people none the less.