PDA

View Full Version : Back To THIS Future?

Debaser11
08-20-2010, 08:10 PM
So I was listening to a Q&A cession with David Irving and he mentioned something about Normandy that I thought made for an interesting thought experiment.

Let's say you're friends with this guy:http://www.j4mie.org/misc/docbrown.jpg

And let's pretend he has a crazy idea for how to make the world we live in today turn out differently for the better by going back in time.

"You've got to come back with me so we can repair 1985...err....2010."

So you jump into his DeLorean (time machine) with him as he sets the coordinates for June 5, 1944. He hits the gas and you speed off with him down your quiet suburban neighborhood street until the DeLorean reaches 88 mph and activates the flux capacitor, which sends you back to the date the Doc previously punched into the motherboard.

After a bright flash and short jolt, you quickly regain your bearings to find that not only have you traveled back in time, but you're also in a vastly different environment. You're actually on the southern coast of England. You guys park the car and get out. To your astonishment, the entire Allied Force that's set to participate in the epic D-Day invasion the next day has congregated in one giant mass just a mile or so from where you guys arrived.

You guys approach the impressive mass of young men who are ready to lay down their lives for their countries.

"May I have your attention? I come from the year 2010," the Doc shouts.

After gaining the soldiers' attention, he pulls out a crystal ball (or a magical Ipod, whatever) and shows them the world in 2010.

This magic device, of course, reveals a very different world from the one they know at this time or knew even before the fighting broke out. It's a perplexing world that is very alien to them to say the least.

*I'm going to stop the "story" here because I don't want to be too biased in this first post before I've asked the question.*

Let's pretend that each soldier gains the same understanding of the post war decades leading all the way up to today as you and I from the magic Ipod.

Do the soldiers, upon seeing the world in 2010 throw their guns down in the sand from disgust or do they remain resolute to fight for a future that they know will lead to a world like the one we know today?

Beorn
08-20-2010, 08:47 PM
I'd like to think that they would, but people in mass are idiots and can believe that circumstances can be approached with differing conclusions.

Those men would have clambered aboard and died anyway.

Debaser11
08-20-2010, 08:51 PM
That may be true. And people are definitely sheep. I guess what I mean to communicate is that they see the future and it's like "this is what you're fighting for."

Kind of like how back in the 1940s they used to say the same thing while including a photo of one of those pin-up girls.

Germanicus
08-20-2010, 09:00 PM
In fairness it's a ridiculous scenario, but i will give my ten bob's worth...The soldiers en mass would have carried out the assault on the Normandy beaches without question, the training would have kicked in and that would have been that. 1939-1944 up to that point Europe was under the jackboot of Nazis, putting a stop to Hitlers little game was paramount on everyones mind, seeing the future would'nt have stopped anyone doing their duty.

Debaser11
08-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Something to also keep in mind is that the Allies were the ones pushing Germany for unconditional surrender. The British were getting hit by V-2s but their mainland was fairly safe from invasion by 1944. The soldiers (prior to your arrival with the Doc) would not even be thinking about the Holocaust but upon seeing your Ipod they would know about it and the conflicting claims surrounding that whole ordeal. But by the same token, they'd also know about the communist purges prior to WWII and after WWII and they'd see how Eastern Europe gets the shaft.

Crossbow
08-20-2010, 10:21 PM
And, they would have seen the result of the European conflict: the end of the white race in general, for England it meant the end of the colonial empire.

Debaser11
08-21-2010, 02:20 AM
I went ahead and voted "no." I know my vote seemed like a foregone conclusion by the mere fact that I brought this thread into existence. But I honestly gave it a lot of thought.

I just can't convince myself that the soldiers from the Allied forces would have thought defeating Nazi Germany (and eliminating any potential threat they posed to Amercian/British hegemony) was worth what they got in return:

-the subsequent death of a pre-Marxist Christian collective conscious/value system that defined the West whose decay has lead to the rise of white guilt and extreme levels of feminism,
-a diluted form of nationality that is basically a joke (NAFTA and the EU are the most obvious symptoms),
-a severe weakening/contamination of racial/ethnic bloodlines that has done irreparable harm to European gene pools. [The white race (or peoples of European descent) no longer has its own state in definitive terms and has been shown not only to be impeded by the intrusion of other peoples but has also forfeited any right to self-determination as a unique people and can only watch as its numbers shrink to possibly extinction levels.]
-a backlash against eugenic science and Galtonian principles due to fear within the scientific community of being labeled a "Nazi" (which has allowed a PC atmosphere to stall scientific advancement by about a century imo),
-the preservation of a massive communist state that was able to spread support and ideology to places as large as China and to places as close to the U.S. as Cuba
-the rise of neo-Marxist ideologies/values within the Western democracies that are not only dysgenic, but have lead to countless dollars being wasted on doomed programs like poverty eradication, affirmative action, welfare, and head-start education
-the loss of British overseas possessions (which was one of the reasons the Allies were fighting Germany in the first place),
-unquestioned and boundless support for Israel and further entrenchment of Jewish influence that often runs counter to U.S. interests (see neo-cons), -and the final nail in the coffin for the U.S. republic.

Now I'm not blaming ALL (or maybe even most) of these problems on the outcome of WWII (though some are definitely linked with the outcome). My point is that such societies like we see in the West today would not stir these young men to storm German-fortified beaches.

poiuytrewq0987
08-21-2010, 02:39 AM
I don't think the Allies would've won the war without the Russians. If the Americans and the British stopped the fighting, there would be still Russians who'd kick the krauts' rears.

Debaser11
08-21-2010, 02:55 AM
I don't think the Allies would've won the war without the Russians. If the Americans and the British stopped the fighting, there would be still Russians who'd kick the krauts' rears.

This sort of misses the point of my question. Upon seeing how terrible communism is for the future, who's to say the Allies (in my made up scenario) wouldn't have thrown their lot behind the Germans? But you're probably right that once the winter kicked in late 1941, the Germans were basically doomed. If not by then, then certainly by the next year at Stalingrad. Again, who would've won considerations are not what I'm trying to address in this thought experiment.

Bloodeagle
08-21-2010, 04:26 AM
With the allure of electronic gadgets worthy of a Dick Tracy comic and the thoughts of scoring with easy women as seen on MTV, these Allied soldiers would have kept on fighting. :cool:
vUxlc81K5RQ

Óttar
08-21-2010, 04:30 AM
I've always wondered why the Allies didn't tag team with the Germans against Communism. People always say the Brits didn't want economic power to shift to Germany, but Hitler was sympathetic to the British and offered to defend British imperial holdings with German troops. This proves that Churchill was a warmonger.