PDA

View Full Version : How do you buy your books?

Iloko
09-07-2015, 10:11 AM
How do you buy and read your books nowadays?

Before I used to buy books at bookstores such as Barnes & Noble. It's only in this year of 2015 that I began buying and reading digital books on Amazon Kindle. And so far I've got 5 Kindle version books I bought on Amazon.com, and I find it more of a pleasure to read on than paperback books.

But if you're really into real paperback/hardback books, there's bookdepository.com which offers free international shipping.

Hithaeglir
09-07-2015, 10:22 AM
From bookstores/book thrift stores mainly or order them through the internet.

Iltirbas
09-07-2015, 10:37 AM
I buy my books at a couple of trusted local bookshops whose owners have immediate access to many publishing houses and distributors. I don't like e-readers or reading large PDF files on a computer screen, I just don't get used to such format and eventually lose interest in whatever I'm reading.

Linebacker
09-08-2015, 11:07 AM
There are a lot of websites in which you can read books online,or even download books on your PC or phone.

With that into account its really illogical to actually buy a physical book when you can find it online.If you can't find it anywhere,then buy it.

EL_BARBARO
09-08-2015, 11:10 AM
I like visit bookstores, then I tend to buy them there.

Infinite
09-08-2015, 11:10 AM
I have tons of books from my father i didnt read yet but if i want some book i just go to TUYAP BOOK FAIR. Its biggest book fair of Turkey, and really close to my home.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/images/news/201411/n_74049_1.jpg

Raikaswinţs
09-08-2015, 11:30 AM
50% bookshops , book fairs and second hand, 25% online retailers, 25% online downloads (epub etc.)

EL_BARBARO
09-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Till now I have refused to read books unless they were physical books.

Brianna
09-10-2015, 05:13 AM
I go to a local bookstore. It's fun to browse the bargain aisles. I can find huge books, about obscure and odd subjects, at low prices. It pays to be weird. :p

Gooding
09-10-2015, 05:21 AM
Amazon.com, usually. Sometimes I go to Barnes and Noble.

Brianna
09-10-2015, 05:25 AM
Sometimes I go to Barnes and Noble.

It's my chain of choice. I hope that it doesn't go the way of Blockbuster and Radio Shack. I also worry about Best Buy. I'm a victim of nostalgia.

Anglojew
09-10-2015, 05:30 AM
Kindle/Amazon. It's just so easy.

Mortimer
09-10-2015, 05:35 AM
Amazon

Marusya
09-10-2015, 05:43 AM
My boyfriend and I sold or donated most of our possessions 2 years ago in our determination to minimize and declutter our lives. Now, 99% of my books are from the library, which is easy for me as I volunteer there 2-3 times a week. I have one small antique bookcase that is filled with special books of sentimental value or books I refer to often.

Anyway, we sold most of our life on eBay. (Video games, consoles, dvds, cds, collections, etc.) I now use this bible to organize my environment and life: http://www.amazon.com/Life-Changing-Magic-Tidying-Decluttering-Organizing/dp/1607747308/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2_har?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1432929030&sr=1-1&keywords=the+life+changing+magic+of+tidying+up

Brianna
09-10-2015, 05:50 AM
My boyfriend and I sold or donated most of our possessions 2 years ago in our determination to minimize and declutter our lives. Now, 99% of my books are from the library, which is easy for me as I volunteer there 2-3 times a week. I have one small antique bookcase that is filled with special books of sentimental value or books I refer to often.

Anyway, we sold most of our life on eBay. (Video games, consoles, dvds, cds, collections, etc.) I now use this bible to organize my environment and life: http://www.amazon.com/Life-Changing-Magic-Tidying-Decluttering-Organizing/dp/1607747308/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2_har?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1432929030&sr=1-1&keywords=the+life+changing+magic+of+tidying+up

That's great! You must feel free. I should donate a literal ton of books, magazines, CDs, and DVDs. It's hard for me to part with them, though. I certainly would have more space if I did.

Longbowman
09-10-2015, 06:10 AM
With money, usually. Occasionally I try to pay via hugs but the cashiers are rarely willing to accept that.

Annie999
09-10-2015, 06:19 AM
Amazon mostly

Grenzland
09-10-2015, 06:34 AM
Depends.

Books for my studies I buy in special book stores, unfortunately they are very expensive. :/

Classic books or older political books are very cheap on Amazon. For example at the moment I read Dr. Jekyll and Mr, Hyde for about 1 € and Bakunin's "God and the state" for about 0,50 €.
Unfortunately older books of the conservative Revolution or Traditionalists are very expensive.

Sometimes I also buy new books from the "New Right" or modern Traditionalists. Usually directly from the publisher because Amazon doesn't have them.

Finally books that are just for fun like crime novels or funny books I buy digitally, it's cheaper and I need the space for more important books.

Faklon
09-10-2015, 08:11 AM
I enter the deep web.

Kazimiera
09-16-2015, 06:27 AM
I will always appreciate ink on paper. I like to physically interact with my reading material by turning pages, smelling the paper. Reading, for me, is a sensory experience. I cannot get my head around ebooks.

There is an enormous second hand bookstore in my town where you can pick up literally anything very cheap. My husband goes there every day and he always comes home with a book or two. The bookshelf he built has been filled three times over, is collapsing under the weight of all the books and there are heaps stacked on the floor.

I enter the deep web.

What the hell do you read? :confused: