PDA

View Full Version : The Kabyle singer Idir

curupira
09-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Hamid Cheriet (in Kabyle language Ḥamid Ceryat) better known by his stage name Idir (in Kabyle language Yidir) (b. 1949 in Beni Yenni, Algeria[1]) is a Berber Algerian musician.

Idir was born in Beni Yenni, a Berber village in Haute-Kabylie.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idir

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Idir_Hamid_Cheriet.JPG

spanish catalan
09-07-2015, 03:00 PM
armenoid

MsSPF
09-07-2015, 03:05 PM
armenoid

Yes armenoids are frequent in high moutains (including Kabylie and other mountainous places in Maghreb) and in the doors of the desert when people are not SSA admixed. Its climate adaptation.
Nice singer btw

Lafty
09-07-2015, 03:12 PM
Doesn't look Armenoid.

Alpinid-Med instead.

spanish catalan
09-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Doesn't look Armenoid.

Alpinid-Med instead.

the nose is armenoid

Hadouken
09-07-2015, 03:14 PM
Yes armenoids are frequent in high moutains (including Kabylie and other mountainous places in Maghreb) and in the doors of the desert when people are not SSA admixed. Its climate adaptation.
Nice singer btw

armenoids are rare in North africa as far as I know . since I am part Armenoid I have read a lot into the phenotype and the pheno is rare outside of Anatolia/Caucasus/northLevant area

Lafty
09-07-2015, 03:15 PM
the nose is armenoid

Delete

Hadouken
09-07-2015, 03:16 PM
this man is Armenoid + Alpine yes

spanish catalan
09-07-2015, 03:16 PM
No it isn't.

It is not a convex/hook nose that Jews have.

for me he is, for you no

Lafty
09-07-2015, 03:17 PM
for me he is, for you no

The OP picture seems to don't have one...

Hadouken
09-07-2015, 03:17 PM
he is Armenoid I concur . I can spot it well

MisterGaga
09-07-2015, 03:18 PM
His daughter Tanina (she has a beautiful Berber name)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3513596383/c045c50bf431c74db3bbaa2a2fcca383.jpeg

http://auto.img.v4.skyrock.net/6720/39276720/pics/2031482617_2.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/rBbk8elGnGc/maxresdefault.jpg

https://fbcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xta1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/11262442_376750102519663_6714057864888584668_n.jpg ?oh=8070bce473a01d953b65397ac9517121&oe=56735CEA&__gda__=1450457503_673b5d574a7bd126a6f69be04a10ec3 7

MsSPF
09-07-2015, 03:32 PM
armenoids are rare in North africa as far as I know . since I am part Armenoid I have read a lot into the phenotype and the pheno is rare outside of Anatolia/Caucasus/northLevant area

They are not the majority but they are not also very rare, you can find few. Armenoids are for example more frequent than Arabids here, this pheno is extremely rare in Maghreb.
As said, you can find few armenoids in high mountainous places and some parts of the doors of the desert for climate reasons.
I have myself few armenoids on my mother's side because I am from a mountainous place.
The armenoid type through is a bit different than the one in west asia

http://static.agendaculturel.fr/im/art_org/b/biyouna-e5db.png

http://jeunessedalgerie.com/photos/15-02-2014/teboune.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2cqo9iw.jpg

Hadouken
09-07-2015, 03:40 PM
^ they are not armenoid . only the man in the middle maybe

armenoid is rare in North Africa as I said ...and definitely rarer than Arabid ...I know that for a fact actually reading into phenotypes and from Videos about These phenos aswell . also I never have seen an Armenoid North African either except a few on the Internet . also most of the Armenoid in North africa is found in Jews

you can disagree with me it is up to you

MsSPF
09-07-2015, 03:51 PM

armenoid is rare in North Africa as I said ...and definitely rarer than Arabid ...I know that for a fact actually reading into phenotypes and from Videos about These phenos aswell . also I never have seen an Armenoid North African either except a few on the Internet . also most of the Armenoid in North africa is found in Jews

No, i've never met an arabid maghrebi in my whole life (not a lie, I've never met one except 1 or 2 maybe) but I've met few armenoids. It's not frequent but it happens in few places. The armenoid is not always easily to spot on maghrebis because you can't find in its purest form, they are often mixed with berberid type or southmed one.
I've been to Algeria (maybe more than 15 times in my life) and Morocco, since you just saw few maghrebis people in your life and in videos and in the internet, so i know what I am talking about ^^ you can also disagree but I know how my people looks like.
and yes Armenoids are more frequent among Maghrebi Jews, this is true

spanish catalan
09-07-2015, 03:52 PM

the man in middle,and the last man are

Hadouken
09-07-2015, 03:56 PM
No, i've never met an arabid maghrebi in my whole life (not a lie, I've never met one except 1 or 2 maybe) but I've met few armenoids. It's not frequent but it happens in few places. The armenoid is not always easily to spot on maghrebis because you can't find in its purest form, they are often mixed with berberid type or southmed one.
I've been to Algeria (maybe more than 15th times in my life) and Morocco, since you just saw few maghrebis people in your life and in videos and in the internet, so i know what I am talking about ^^ you can also disagree but I know how my people looks like.
and yes Armenoids are more frequent among Maghrebi Jews, this is true

we have many maghrebis here ...I dont need to visit a moroccan city to know what they look like ...as if you can visit every corner of the country :D the sample size I have here is enough to make a Picture of them . Algeria I dont know that much though ...maybe they are different . I met some Tunisians too though and they looked a little different than moroccans but none of them was armenoid either

and who says that you spot Arabid well ? or that those People you think are Armenoid are actual Armenoids ? the 3 People you posted 2 of them are definitely not armenoid for example ...so I dont trust you when it Comes to this sorry :p

and where I am from Armenoid is often not pure either but mixed with Med (like in my case for example) , Pontid , Alpine etc.

I can show you what armenoids look like if you want . I can teach you :D

Hadouken
09-07-2015, 03:59 PM
the man in middle,and the last man are

not properly

second man is more Taurid-Saharid

the last man has some armenoid but only a Little (droppy eyes and the nose a Little)

MsSPF
09-07-2015, 04:08 PM
we have many maghrebis here ...I dont need to visit a moroccan city to know what they look like ...as if you can visit every corner of the country :D the sample size I have here is enough to make a Picture of them . Algeria I dont know that much though ...maybe they are different . I met some Tunisians too though and they looked a little different than moroccans but none of them was armenoid either

and who says that you spot Arabid well ? or that those People you think are Armenoid are actual Armenoids ? the 3 People you posted 2 of them are definitely not armenoid for example ...so I dont trust you when it Comes to this sorry :p

and where I am from Armenoid is often not pure either but mixed with Med (like in my case for example) , Pontid , Alpine etc.

I can show you what armenoids look like if you want . I can teach you :D

No it's not enough, French are probably more in position to talk in all Europe because we have really a LOT of maghrebis from morocco tunisia and algeria. but even there it's not always fair because many regions are OVER REPRESENTED (a lot of central southern moroccans, a lot of algerians from algiers and kabyles, a lot of tunisians from southern parts and a bit from tunis) and maghrebis are more and more mixed with other ethnicities (euro, SSA, other arab countries etc...) so no it's not enough ;) you can have an idea of course but you would really know perfectly how they look once you visit the country (and sometimes its not enough because Maghreb is big and looks change with the region). Also many people are biased by appearances and stereotypes, you maybe meet maghrebis in your life but don't even know they are because you have only one idea of how they can look.
Don't trust me, you are free to think what you want but according to many of your posts, you really don't know how Maghrebis looks like because you said a lot of wrong stuff ;)
btw phenotypes is not a real science, if fun but I don't believe in it although facial features are certainly more frequent or specific from an area more than another, it's called climate adaptation and diversity.

Hadouken
09-07-2015, 04:15 PM
No it's not enough, French are probably more in position to talk in all Europe because we have really a LOT of maghrebis from morocco tunisia and algeria. but even there it's not always fair because many regions are OVER REPRESENTED (a lot of central southern moroccans, a lot of algerians from algiers and kabyles, a lot of tunisians from southern parts and a bit from tunis) and maghrebis are more and more mixed with other ethnicities (euro, SSA, other arab countries etc...) so no it's not enough ;) you can have an idea of course but you would really know perfectly how they look once you visit the country (and sometimes its not enough because Maghreb is big and looks change with the region). Also many people are biased by appearances and stereotypes, you maybe meet maghrebis in your life but don't even know they are because you have only one idea of how they can look.

I know moroccans since childhood ...I know many many of them lmao if you dont believe me it is ok . as if everything will change when I visit Rabat lol. I said I havent met many Algerians already so I cant speak about them but when I look at the Gallery of Algerian People I dont spot much Armenoid either . neither Arabid

Don't trust me, you are free to think what you want but according to many of your posts, you really don't know how Maghrebis looks like because you said a lot of wrong stuff ;).

what is wrong about what I said for example ? maghrebis are mostly saharid , berberid , alpine , some atlanto med , some arabid , SOME armenid , some nordid types . mostly These types . and I dont include ssa admixed maghrebis in this

btw phenotypes is not a real science, I don't believe in it although facial features are certainly more frequent or specific from an area more than another, it's called climate adaptation and diversity.

if it is pseudo science then why do you classify people and disagree with me that armenoid is rare in Maghreb even though I have my sourced both from real life people AND anthropologists ?

MsSPF
09-07-2015, 04:28 PM
I know moroccans since childhood ...I know many many of them lmao if you dont believe me it is ok . as if everything will change when I visit Rabat lol. I said I havent met many Algerians already so I cant speak about them but when I look at the Gallery of Algerian People I dont spot much Armenoid either . neither Arabid

I know plenty of them also don't worry, probably more than you (who knows but it sounds logical because I knows a lot Maghrebis since I am one) I also went to Morocco.
I believe you, it's not the problem, I think you really have an idea of how we look, but it's just an idea, the guys you know are just a sample. Most Moroccans of Germany are probably like in France from central/southern morocco (so it's not enough) and less important than in France. Btw Moroccans are probably the most trolled people in MENA countries with Egypt on TA almost nobody here really knows how Moroccans and Egyptians looks like despite their stereotypes (SSA admixed people, extremely dark, stereotypes extremely FALSE and I'm not even Moroccan or Egyptian, I'm Algerian)
armenoid is not frequent at all but it's not inexistant or extremely rare

what is wrong about what I said for example ? maghrebis are mostly saharid , berberid , alpine , some atlanto med , some arabid , SOME armenid , some UP suvivor nordid types . mostly These types . and I dont include ssa admixed maghrebis in this

arabid is almost inexistant in maghreb

if it is pseudo science then why do you classify people and disagree with me that armenoid is rare in Maghreb even though I have my sourced both from real life people AND anthropologists ?

most of these sources are old of more than 1 century. I don't say it's doesn't have a part of truth because it does but it's a pseudo science since classication is not even used by scientifics nowadays. It's fun but not real at 100% I don't take it seriously

StonyArabia
09-07-2015, 04:30 PM
I know plenty of them also don't worry, probably more than you (who knows but it sounds logical because I knows a lot Maghrebis since I am one) I also went to Morocco.
I believe you, it's not the problem, I think you really have an idea of how we look, but it's just an idea, the guys you know are just a sample. Most Moroccans of Germany are probably like in France from central/southern morocco (so it's not enough) and less important than in France. Btw Moroccans are probably the most trolled people in MENA countries with Egypt on TA almost nobody here really knows how Moroccans and Egyptians looks like despite their stereotypes (SSA admixed people, extremely dark, stereotypes extremely FALSE and I'm not even Moroccan or Egyptian, I'm Algerian)
armenoid is not frequent at all but it's not inexistant or extremely rare

arabid is almost inexistant in maghreb

most of these sources are old of more than 1 century. I don't say it's doesn't have a part of truth because it does but it's a pseudo science since classication is not even used by scientifics nowadays. It's fun but not real at 100%

North Africans are trolled on purpose by insecure Southern Euros.

Hadouken
09-07-2015, 04:34 PM
I believe you, it's not the problem, I think you really have an idea of how we look, but it's just an idea, the guys you know are just a sample. Most Moroccans of Germany are probably like in France from central/southern morocco (so it's not enough) and less important than in France.

that might be true . but I also know fair moroccans etc. . remember the moroccan kickboxer who I know personally for example I showed you where you said he must be riffian ?

most of these sources are old of more than 1 century. I don't say it's doesn't have a part of truth because it does but it's a pseudo science since classication is not even used by scientifics nowadays. It's fun but not real at 100%

it is mostly real simply due to the fact that it really matches people ;) if you always find certain tendencies on certain phenotypes/people then it can not be pseudo science

if we know what the charasteristics of Dinarid for example are then we will spot it on Dinaric people and wont mistake them for Hallstatt Nordids ;)

MsSPF
09-07-2015, 04:42 PM
that might be true . but I also know fair moroccans etc. . remember the moroccan kickboxer who I know personally for example I showed you where you said he must be riffian ?

Yes I remember, most Moroccans are not SSA admixed but it exists, of course, especially in southern parts.

it is mostly real simply due to the fact that it really matches people ;) if you always find certain tendencies on certain phenotypes/people then it can not be pseudo science

if we know what the charasteristics of Dinarid for example are then we will spot it on Dinaric people and wont mistake them for Hallstatt Nordids ;)

I already said you that of course you have more specific features from a region more than another due to climate/landscape adaptations so people in the region share in general similar features. BUT you always have many people who don't fit with it and are different. Among one population/ethnicity, you always find diversity so it can't be real at 100%, most anthropologists gave up classification because of this diversity. You also find in distant population similarities with your population, so classification is not real, it's pseudo science

Hadouken
09-07-2015, 04:44 PM
I already said you that of course you have more specific features from a region more than another due to climate/landscape adaptations so people in the region share in general similar features. BUT you always have many people who don't fit with it and are different. Among one population/ethnicity, you always find diversity so it can't be real at 100%, most anthropologists gave up classification because of this diversity. You also find in distant population similarities with your population, so classification is not real, it's pseudo science

well those People we call "atypical"

diversity in a Population can only go so far ...unless you speak of a new world country