PDA

View Full Version : So why doesn't the world care about the Pakistan floods?

Eldritch
08-23-2010, 08:32 AM
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/files/pakistan_6.jpg

The United Nations has characterized the destruction caused by the floods in Pakistan as greater than the damage from the 2004 Asian tsunami, the 2005 Pakistan earthquake, and the 2010 Haiti earthquake combined. Yet nearly three weeks since the floods began, aid is trickling in slowly and reluctantly to the United Nations, NGOs, and the Pakistani government.

After the Haiti earthquake, about 3.1 million Americans using mobile phones donated $10 each to the Red Cross, raising about $31 million. A similar campaign to raise contributions for Pakistan produced only about $10,000. The amount of funding donated per person affected by the 2004 tsunami was $1249.80, and for the 2010 Haiti earthquake, $1087.33. Even for the Pakistan earthquake of 2005, funding per affected person was $388.33. Thus far, for those affected by the 2010 floods, it is $16.36 per person.

Why has the most devastating natural disaster in recent memory generated such a tepid response from the international community? Something of a cottage industry is emerging to try to answer this latest and most sober of international mysteries.

More here. (http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/08/19/why_doesnt_the_world_care_about_pakistanis)

You can read between the lines the author wants to play the racism card, but that damn Haiti earthquake ruled that out. :rolleyes:

Smaland
08-23-2010, 10:58 AM
For one thing, there seems to have been much less media coverage of this disaster in America. Your post is the first thing I've seen about these events.

Also, there are no charity rock concerts to raise sympathy and money for the Pakistanis.

Wulfhere
08-23-2010, 11:00 AM
There are a lot of Muslim charities that only ever collect money for Muslims (as, indeed, the Koran instructs them to). So I say let them get on with it, but give to them as much as they would give to us - nothing.

d3cimat3d
08-23-2010, 11:01 AM
We already wasted our energy caring about the south Asia tsunami, hurricane Katrina, and then the Haiti earthquake. The U.S. can't hand out humanitarian aid every other week, it's straining our economy.

Either way, the Pakistan floods are child's play compared to whats happening in Darfur, but it seems no one cares about a bunch of e1b1b sand niggers. :(

Psychonaut
08-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Why isn't Stormfront raising money for a relief effort? These are clearly aR1an Caucasoids in need of aid!

Wulfhere
08-23-2010, 11:15 AM
It's Ramadan anyway, I wonder if they're refusing food? :)

Radojica
08-23-2010, 11:19 AM
There are a lot of Muslim charities that only ever collect money for Muslims (as, indeed, the Koran instructs them to). So I say let them get on with it, but give to them as much as they would give to us - nothing.

Could you be more stupid than you are, huh? :rolleyes2:

We already wasted our energy caring about the south Asia tsunami, hurricane Katrina, and then the Haiti earthquake. The U.S. can't hand out humanitarian aid every other week, it's straining our economy.

But can interfere in every international conflict which has nothing to do with them?

Either way, the Pakistan floods are child's play compared to whats happening in Darfur, but it seems no one cares about a bunch of e1b1b sand niggers. :(

What on Earth human stupidity and cruelty has to do with wrath of the nature? If US are so consistent with interfering in other nations businesses, they should be also with with helping to those who need it.

d3cimat3d
08-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Could you be more stupid than you are, huh? :rolleyes2:
But can interfere in every international conflict which has nothing to do with them?

Well U.S.A isn't the only one doing this. Russia got into Georgia's business (Abkhazia & South Ossetia) but I don't see you having any problem with Russia.

U.S.A is the global police. Imagine how many more Serebnica's there would be had U.S.A not intervened. Poor Bosnians. :(

Murphy
08-23-2010, 11:31 AM
I really did over-sleep. First I miss the end of the Iraq war now I miss one of the greatest natural disasters in history.

Darn BBC.

Radojica
08-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Well U.S.A isn't the only one doing this. Russia got into Georgia's business (Abkhazia & South Ossetia) but I don't see you having any problem with Russia.

If US can, why not Russia :wink?

U.S.A is the global police. Imagine how many more Serebnica's there would be had U.S.A not intervened. Poor Bosnians. :(

Suuuure, and God knows how many more Serbs from villages around Srebrenica would get slaughtered too in case one Srebrenica did not happen. I don't approve it, but there's always another side of the medal, you should know that... anyways, another CNN crap eater, aren't you :coffee:?

d3cimat3d
08-23-2010, 11:53 AM
If US can, why not Russia :wink?

There are no rules, and U.S.A & Russia are taking advantage of that fact. Afghanistan is a good war, somebody had to clean that place up, and America is the only one strong enough for the job. Iraq is a big mistake though and I can see why many are upset with the U.S.

Suuuure, and God knows how many more Serbs from villages around Srebrenica would get slaughtered too in case one Srebrenica did not happen.

Bosnians are a peaceful lively people, and the Serbs were the aggressors who came totally un-provoked.

anyways, another CNN crap eater, aren't you :coffee:?

Not at all, it's just I care about what's morally right, and in the case of the Balkan wars, Milosevic/Serbs were to blame, just like Hitler/Germans were to blame in WWII. Of course it's none of America's business but America can't just stand on the side line and watch the plight of the Bosnian people. They already made that mistake during the mass murder of the Jews, and the detainment camps in Bosnia were not any different than the holocaust.

Radojica
08-23-2010, 12:06 PM
There are no rules, and U.S.A & Russia are taking advantage of that fact. Afghanistan is a good war, somebody had to clean that place up, and America is the only one strong enough for the job. Iraq is a big mistake though and I can see why many are upset with the U.S.

Yes, I see how they are strong. 9 years after the war they did not move from the beginning. :rolleyes:

Bosnians are a peaceful lively people, and the Serbs were the aggressors who came totally un-provoked.

Lol, I am putting this hilarious shit as my signature :lol: :lol: xD

Here is the question for three bambies: who are Bosnians ;)?

Not at all, it's just I care about what's morally right, and in the case of the Balkan wars, Milosevic/Serbs were to blame, just like Hitler/Germans were to blame in WWII. Of course it's none of America's business but America can't just stand on the side line and watch the plight of the Bosnian people.

Hm, US were seeing Milosevic as their partner until the beginning of aggression in 1999 :lightbul:.

Not at all, it's just I care about what's morally right, and in the case of the Balkan wars

Morally right in the war where everybody was against everybody :confused:? Riiiight :coffee:

They already made that mistake during the mass murder of the Jews, and the detainment camps in Bosnia were not any different than the holocaust.

Are you comparing prisoners camps in Bosnia with concetration camps during WWII :suspicious: :confused:? I think you are... I am going to stop replying now on your ignorant posts :leaving:

Austin
08-24-2010, 08:07 AM
Can't we just let gods will be done? He clearly wished this upon these people as a test, all this donating is a travesty and should be condemned.

d3cimat3d
08-24-2010, 08:30 AM
I am going to stop replying now on your ignorant posts :leaving:

That's fine, as long as you let me get the last word in. I win.

P.S. I can see why all the Dutch people are thanking your posts, because 450 Dutch peace keepers let 20,000 Bosnians die in Serebnica so they are just as responsible as Serbs are.

Michael Vilmar Avery
08-24-2010, 10:56 AM
The United Nations has characterized the destruction caused by the floods in Pakistan as greater than the damage from the 2004 Asian tsunami, the 2005 Pakistan earthquake, and the 2010 Haiti earthquake combined.

Holy smokes is it that much damage? :eek::confused:

Anyhow why can't Pakistan ask for assisstance from their good neighbors, the Indians? :p:rolleyes: Maybe they could finally agree on what is up with Kashmir as a pre-condition to aid?

As for myself sending aid there, here is my reasoning for not:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41RN690H32L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

In 1931, he published Man and Technics, which warned against the dangers of technology and industrialism to culture. He especially pointed to the tendency of Western technology to spread to hostile "Colored races" which would then use the weapons against the West. It was poorly received because of its anti-industrialism.[citation needed] This book contains the well-known Spengler quote "Optimism is cowardice".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oswald_Spengler#Biography

Sally
08-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Can't we just let gods will be done? He clearly wished this upon these people as a test, all this donating is a travesty and should be condemned.

Huh? What type of Christianity do you subscribe to?

I don't think it's very wise to think of natural disasters as a method used by God to test and/or punish people. Human existence is by its very nature, at best, precarious.

As a Christian, you are called to exercise charity, too. Almsgiving (i.e. donating money) is just one form of charity, you know. If donating money is a travesty, you could perhaps pray for the victims.

Michael Vilmar Avery
08-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Huh? What type of Christianity do you subscribe to?

I don't think it's very wise to think of natural disasters as a method used by God to test and/or punish people.

Uh ok...

The Holy Bible, King James Version

[5] And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

[6] And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

[7] And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

[8] But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

[9] These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

[10] And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

[11] The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

[12] And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

[13] And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

[14] Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

[15] And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

[16] A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

[17] And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

[18] But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

[19] And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

[20] Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

[21] And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.

[22] Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
Chapter 7:1-24

[1] And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

[2] Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

[3] Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

[4] For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

[5] And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him.

[6] And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.

[7] And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.

[8] Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,

[9] There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

[10] And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.

[11] In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

[12] And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

[13] In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark;

[14] They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.

[15] And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

[16] And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.

[17] And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

[18] And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.

[19] And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

[20] Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

[21] And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

[22] All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

[23] And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

[24] And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

http://www.dltk-bible.com/genesis/chapter6-kjv.htm

San Galgano
08-24-2010, 12:01 PM
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/files/pakistan_6.jpg

The United Nations has characterized the destruction caused by the floods in Pakistan as greater than the damage from the 2004 Asian tsunami, the 2005 Pakistan earthquake, and the 2010 Haiti earthquake combined. Yet nearly three weeks since the floods began, aid is trickling in slowly and reluctantly to the United Nations, NGOs, and the Pakistani government.

After the Haiti earthquake, about 3.1 million Americans using mobile phones donated $10 each to the Red Cross, raising about $31 million. A similar campaign to raise contributions for Pakistan produced only about $10,000. The amount of funding donated per person affected by the 2004 tsunami was $1249.80, and for the 2010 Haiti earthquake, $1087.33. Even for the Pakistan earthquake of 2005, funding per affected person was $388.33. Thus far, for those affected by the 2010 floods, it is $16.36 per person.

Why has the most devastating natural disaster in recent memory generated such a tepid response from the international community? Something of a cottage industry is emerging to try to answer this latest and most sober of international mysteries.

More here. (http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/08/19/why_doesnt_the_world_care_about_pakistanis)

You can read between the lines the author wants to play the racism card, but that damn Haiti earthquake ruled that out. :rolleyes:

Cause the pakistanis are considered muslims and then responsable for many anti-western attacks in the people imaginary, even if many of those people are the first target of muslims.

Plus i noticed the charity is inversely proportional to the skin tone and caucasian appearence. The more you look like a negro the more you receive; the medium skin tone with non caucasoid features get less then negroes, and so on.:D

Eldritch
08-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Plus i noticed the charity is inversely proportional to the skin tone and caucasian appearence. The more you look like a negro the more you receive; the medium skin tone with non caucasoid features get less then negroes, and so on.:D

Oh yes indeed. The Haiti earthquake was the best thing to happen to Bono all year, but since Pakis basically look like extra-swarthy Jews, nobody cares about them. :rolleyes:

Sally
08-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Uh ok...

We are not living in the time of the Old Testament, and God doesn't use natural disasters to chastise people, despite what some Christian (and I use that term loosely) sects teach.

Suggested reading:

Apostolic Letter Salvifici Doloris, 11 February 1984.

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/apost_letters/documents/hf_jp-ii_apl_11021984_salvifici-doloris_en.html

Austin
08-31-2010, 02:47 PM
We are not living in the time of the Old Testament, and God doesn't use natural disasters to chastise people, despite what some Christian (and I use that term loosely) sects teach.

Suggested reading:

Apostolic Letter Salvifici Doloris, 11 February 1984.

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/apost_letters/documents/hf_jp-ii_apl_11021984_salvifici-doloris_en.html

Christianity, to which I follow, does indeed sanction the destruction of enemies and has a wrathful god and I enjoy this. I would wonder what on earth you have been smoking if you think Christianity has anything against the destruction of it's enemies.....

Do you know the one thing I respect about Catholics from a historical perspective? They understood very well to gut their enemy and gut him good and did for many centuries.

The Pope does not represent me. The Vatican is a travesty of wealth and deception when the one it supposedly represents drank dirty water and wore linen rags. Why does the Vatican not donate some of it's priceless plundered tapestries to the poor?

Sally
09-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Christianity, to which I follow, does indeed sanction the destruction of enemies and has a wrathful god and I enjoy this. I would wonder what on earth you have been smoking if you think Christianity has anything against the destruction of it's enemies.....

Do you know the one thing I respect about Catholics from a historical perspective? They understood very well to gut their enemy and gut him good and did for many centuries.

The Pope does not represent me. The Vatican is a travesty of wealth and deception when the one it supposedly represents drank dirty water and wore linen rags. Why does the Vatican not donate some of it's priceless plundered tapestries to the poor?

You are seriously misinformed about Christ, the Catholic Church and Christianity in general. I pray the Holy Spirit opens your heart to the fullness of Truth.

The Lawspeaker
09-03-2010, 02:19 PM
I guess he is more into the Old Testament.

Osweo
09-03-2010, 06:49 PM
RE the titular question 'why?'; didn't those Pakis pay for a huge nuclear programme a bit ago? Don't 'our' Pakis here send tons of cash over every single day of the year, from leeching off our 'Welfare' State? Fuck em, say I.

Svipdag
09-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Let "Allah, the merciful, the compassionate" shower his mercy and compassion upon the faithful Pakistanis.

Murphy
09-03-2010, 07:12 PM
RE the titular question 'why?'; didn't those Pakis pay for a huge nuclear programme a bit ago? Don't 'our' Pakis here send tons of cash over every single day of the year, from leeching off our 'Welfare' State? Fuck em, say I.

And such insightful words from Osweo here.. nah sorry, not really.

Lithium
09-03-2010, 07:17 PM
The world has more than enough pakistanis, few drawned milions won't be a big loss.... :/

Osweo
09-03-2010, 07:57 PM
And such insightful words from Osweo here.. nah sorry, not really.

Why not? I thought it quite pertinent that a country should be spending on luxuries like nuclear bombs, and then begging around the world for cash to feed its people (in the sort of catastrophe that happens every once in a while, and which states have to be prepared for).

Debaser11
09-03-2010, 08:21 PM

Didn't the Vatican apologize to all the Moooslims for the Crusades? If Europe apologizing for defending itself won't make you sick I don't know what will.

Anyways, I think people take both the Old and the New Testament out of context and misunderstand the teachings in each book. But I do think such misinterpretations are more egregiously committed by the lefties who want to turn Jesus into an altruistic hippie. It's not like Jesus was repudiating the Old Testament. But that's what you'd think when you talk to some modern day Catholics and Christians.

Liffrea
09-03-2010, 09:32 PM
I can’t say I take pleasure in it but I don’t care either, I’m not by nature compassionate or given to care about people I have no connection to.

Radojica
09-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Why not? I thought it quite pertinent that a country should be spending on luxuries like nuclear bombs, and then begging around the world for cash to feed its people (in the sort of catastrophe that happens every once in a while, and which states
have to be prepared for).
India,their ancient enemy has nuclear weapon to,so its logical for them to spend money for that. You knnow what logic is,right? Pakistan is a country where monsunes are normal and nobody knows how strong they can be. Also,who allowed them to have it?surely not Serbia. Stick to findind wowan online,thats the only thing u are good at,leave ethnic dilemmas to someone else,you dont know the meaning of that.

And just for the note,if dams on Themes river break during hight tides and storms u will see London flooded within hours with tens of thousand dead within hours no matter how prepared u are for that.

Lars
09-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Because it's not sexy.

Debaser11
09-03-2010, 11:52 PM
Should I care more about Pakistani floods than I do about the perpetual starvation that takes place in Africa and Haiti? How do I prioritize my grief over such matters? I think the West uses the carrot too much and the stick too little but that's just my tiny black heart talking out of turn.

Radojica
09-03-2010, 11:58 PM
anyway,as i have been told,Westerners mindset is not used to help to those who need help. I would like that u find yourselves in similar situation,without food,water,shelter,internet which is to some of u meaning of life and realize that your gov.cant do shit about helping you. Then life starts .

The Lawspeaker
09-04-2010, 02:48 PM
I don't know for other people but the reason why I personally don't care of even feel Schadenfreude is because they are an Islamic state that funds terrorism (including in our own streets !) and has a substantial nuclear program and a clear-cut history of violence and suppression of non-Islamic minorities. Yes.. I must admit that I feel sorry for the minorities that are being denied help (by their own Islamic countrymen). See Islam at work.

Did you know that the Netherlands alone has collected more then 15 million Euro's (it's funny again that Dutch care less about assisting their own elderly then they do about Pakistan) whereas the Islamic world combined has.. at best given a couple of million and 1000 work permits so a 1000 Pakistani women can work as slaves for the Arabs? Islamic charity at work for you.

Fuck Pakistan.. and fuck Islam. And I hope it will get a lot worse for them. :thumb001:

Austin
09-04-2010, 03:09 PM
anyway,as i have been told,Westerners mindset is not used to help to those who need help. I would like that u find yourselves in similar situation,without food,water,shelter,internet which is to some of u meaning of life and realize that your gov.cant do shit about helping you. Then life starts .

I don't let others define what is and isn't a moral opinion to hold, I'm a moral person and I know myself to be, not about to trust some run of the mill character and their set of morals they would have me embrace.

Personally me and many others in the U.S. wish they would have all just outright drowned so as perhaps our troops would have to fight less of them down the road.

But also about the Westerner part..........You do realize more than 85% of all aid to any country in the world for any disaster is from the West right?

The U.S./Western Europe/Canada and Japan to a lesser degree give more aid internationally in a month for disasters than every other nation does in a year.....

BiałaZemsta
09-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Many Americans hate Muslims and fear Islam all together. Consider the Mosque situation near Ground Zero. The U.S. Government may be using this disaster to their advantage. A weaker Pakistan is easier to manipulate. So why would they want to help them recover?

Austin
09-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Pakistan isn't getting donations because in America it is wealthy white people who donate to such causes and they refuse to donate to Pakistan due to the Taliban from what they read in the NY Times and elsewhere.

CNN is now running ads with pictures of flies on Pakistan kids in an attempt to guilt trip progressive whites into donating but I don't think it will work, people want them to die/suffer instead of shoot at our soldiers after recuperating on our donations.

Germanicus
09-04-2010, 07:21 PM

The chances are quite good for India and Pakistan to have a war sooner or later, the Pakistan Army would go nuclear in a conflict that they could see them losing, India would anihilate them easily before a rocket was fired....here's hoping:)

Austin
09-04-2010, 07:28 PM
The chances are quite good for India and Pakistan to have a war sooner or later, the Pakistan Army would go nuclear in a conflict that they could see them losing, India would anihilate them easily before a rocket was fired....here's hoping:)

Yes India needs to embrace it's nationalists already and let them commence.

Liffrea
09-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Arguably with much of Pakistan in total chaos India have never had a finer opportunity to remove Pakistan, though much of the country being under water, I imagine, isn’t conducive to military operations.

However if they did that then who would be the “bad guy” to focus the plebs minds away from pressing matters in India? Pakistan is good for business, good for government, good for society, I guess that works for Pakistan as regards India as well.

A good friend is only for Christmas, a good enemy is for life, if treated well and looked after.

Radojica
09-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Sorry for late reply, my PC did not work.

I don't let others define what is and isn't a moral opinion to hold, I'm a moral person and I know myself to be, not about to trust some run of the mill character and their set of morals they would have me embrace.

Personally me and many others in the U.S. wish they would have all just outright drowned so as perhaps our troops would have to fight less of them down the road.

If your enemies are women and children then you, my dear friend, have really twisted view of life and intelligence, both of them included.

But also about the Westerner part..........You do realize more than 85% of all aid to any country in the world for any disaster is from the West right?

Look at the countries which are having the highest number of natural disasters. They are among the poorest ones in the world. What do you expect?

There's a saying: "when you are hungry at rich people homes you watch, and at poor people homes you eat"... I hope you will understand the point of this.

The U.S./Western Europe/Canada and Japan to a lesser degree give more aid internationally in a month for disasters than every other nation does in a year.....

No matter this is just the repeating of already said things, I will reply to you. Those countries are holding 92% of all the resources and profit in the world. What do you want? A hero called Super Hick :coffee:? That's something normal and understandable, basic ethical princip, to help to those who need help.

Anyway, how much money some those countries (except Japan) are spending on killing and destroying in their hegemonic strategies and actions? hundred of Billions (that's x00.000.000.000 of zeroes)....

Curtis24
09-06-2010, 10:46 PM
The world does care, but what the world can actually do is quite limited. The high death tolls in Pakistan are the result of myriad social/economic problems that can only be worked out over a very long period of time. REal change is a long hard slog; and while we all wish we could heroically swoop down and somehow help reform the world system so that endemic poverty no longer exists, that's just not possible.

Debaser11
09-07-2010, 01:09 AM
You overestimate the world. Unless by "the world," you mean the West. I doubt China cares too much about anyone outside its own country.

Austin
09-07-2010, 02:16 AM
Oh I don't see death as immoral if it is in my teams favor. Nor have most when push comes to shove historically speaking no matter the faction or ideology.

Grumpy Cat
09-07-2010, 02:43 AM
You know I don't much care about people in nations where embassies and flags are burnt over asanine shit.

Call me a bitch, but whatever. I don't. They burned their bridges.

If someone I knew was there, I'd care about them and their family but the rest, fuck 'em.

Curtis24
09-07-2010, 03:55 AM
I disagree strongly with your attitude.

Like it or not, we all live on this planet. While I disagree with radical fundamentalism, killing them all off is not the answer. Such attitudes can easily turn against us.

Grumpy Cat
09-07-2010, 03:57 AM
I disagree strongly with your attitude.

Like it or not, we all live on this planet. While I disagree with radical fundamentalism, killing them all off is not the answer. Such attitudes can easily turn against us.

I don't want to kill them off, just let them be miserable for a while so they learn their lesson.

Cato
09-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Question:

So why doesn't the world care about the Pakistan floods?

Answer:

Because the world doesn't give a rat's ass about Pakistanis.

I don't; I'm more liable to feel sorry for some nigger hobo I see on the street, and pass him a buck or two, than to donate money to the flooded-out Paki turdstains. Let em have raft races with Haitian boat people for all I care.

The Lawspeaker
09-07-2010, 04:49 AM
This is another reason why we shouldn't give a fuck. (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=262856#post262856)

Debaser11
09-07-2010, 04:51 AM
Did anyone mention that they also talk very weirdly?

Brynhild
09-07-2010, 05:05 AM
To be honest, I'm having a difficult enough time rubbing two coins together and I'm also sick and tired of charities breathing down my neck coming up with some bleeding heart story about how hard third world people have it. My people come first, and in particular my family, always.

I'm also not prepared to give my money to a country whose only interest is to spend on nuclear weapons programs and the like, while seeing their own people suffer and bleeding them dry.

On the other hand, I wouldn't put it past the more humanitarian nations stepping in and offer some form of relocation. Do we really want this? If it comes to the crunch, I'd rather support a nation of people who are prepared to stay in their country and rebuild.

Motörhead Remember Me
09-07-2010, 09:54 AM
This is why it's hard to find sympathy for the Pakistanis:
http://www.canada.com/technology/3056851.bin?size=620x400
http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/ap/208a97ae-a783-4d40-a607-95cce9ec7b98.grid-6x2.jpg
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/1707596.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD9C97FAFF1EC069D4 E5DDC5501175BD7F8491A3551B61462AE30A760B0D811297

Which reminds me about how stinking rich Arab countries such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Dubai e.t.c. systematically forget to help their muslim brothers and sisters.
When the Tsunamis struck muslim Indonesia, little Finland gave more economical and material aid than all Arab countries together.

Inese
09-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Pakistan is one of the most islamic country of the world. They think Allah is responsible for everything what happens , Allah knows everything and creates the fate ---- Hmm i say okay, Allah gave Pakistan the earthquake and Allah gave them the flood!! :coffee: Why help them?? It is Allahs wish and i am a proud infidel, i dont care for my enemys!

Really, i think their Allah must be very angry on his followers to send them one catastrophe after another!:rolleyes: No cent for muslims! Who i am to act against Allahs wishs!?! That would be insuuuulting! Rage rage rage! :P No i dont interfere. My infidel money for other infidels only. Allahs flood for Allahs followers. Allah gives and Allah takes but it looks like that Allah likes to take....O.o

And i think that this Allah is.....a mental sickness in their brains and a very evil imagination, total insanity!

Guapo
09-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Pakistan is one of the most islamic country of the world. They think Allah is responsible for everything what happens , Allah knows everything and creates the fate ---- Hmm i say okay, Allah gave Pakistan the earthquake and Allah gave them the flood!! :coffee: Why help them?? It is Allahs wish and i am a proud infidel, i dont care for my enemys!

Really, i think their Allah must be very angry on his followers to send them one catastrophe after another!:rolleyes: No cent for muslims! Who i am to act against Allahs wishs!?! That would be insuuuulting! Rage rage rage! :P No i dont interfere. My infidel money for other infidels only. Allahs flood for Allahs followers. Allah gives and Allah takes but it looks like that Allah likes to take....O.o

And i think that this Allah is.....a mental sickness in their brains and a very evil imagination, total insanity!

You must be wild in bed.

Radojica
09-09-2010, 01:07 AM
You must be wild in bed.

Too bad Svanhild is not around anymore to tell us xD

Cato
09-09-2010, 01:58 AM
You are seriously misinformed about Christ, the Catholic Church and Christianity in general. I pray the Holy Spirit opens your heart to the fullness of Truth.

And may Odin open your mind to the fullness of adult beverages. :)

Cato
09-09-2010, 01:58 AM
Too bad Svanhild is not around anymore to tell us xD

:eek: LOL :eek: