PDA

View Full Version : Mexican? No I'm Italian?

Mn The Loki TA Son
09-10-2015, 12:51 AM
People in U.S. think she's Mexican but she is Italian American. She is one of my old subscribers on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-EG4P4m6B0

Sikeliot
09-10-2015, 12:55 AM
She doesn't even look typically Mexican.

Jupiter
09-10-2015, 12:57 AM
I don't understand why some Americans think she's Mexican. She looks just like an average white person.

Mn The Loki TA Son
09-10-2015, 12:58 AM
She doesn't even look typically Mexican.

People, the Americans like white Americans think she's Mexican.

Sikeliot
09-10-2015, 12:59 AM
People, the Americans like white Americans think she's Mexican.

They think anyone with dark hair and eyes is Mexican. She looks even lighter than most Italian Americans, let alone looking like a mestizo.

Mn The Loki TA Son
09-10-2015, 01:00 AM
They think anyone with dark hair and eyes is Mexican. She looks even lighter than most Italian Americans, let alone looking like a mestizo.
Yes and I agree with you.

Carlito's Way
09-10-2015, 01:02 AM
I remember there were two Facebook pages a while ago created by Italian Americans
well it was about how they get confused for Mexican all the time, these Italian Americans resided in Texas and California for the most part
I will try to find them right now

sql
09-10-2015, 01:02 AM
Most people know nothing about phenotypes. I've been confused for Latin American before.

Berahthraban
09-10-2015, 01:09 AM
Whaat, she should pass as average white American?

Mn The Loki TA Son
09-10-2015, 01:09 AM
I remember there were two Facebook pages a while ago created by Italian Americans
well it was about how they get confused for Mexican all the time, these Italian Americans resided in Texas and California for the most part
I will try to find them right now

This happens a lot in America, Italian Americans get confused for Mexican all the time.

And this Italian American, she's light and lighter than most Italian Americans, so now let alone the dark Italian Americans in the U.S.

Jupiter
09-10-2015, 01:16 AM

I don't understand why some Italians aren't as light as her. I grew up in Brazil, surrounded by Brazilians of Italian descent and most of them have the same skin tone as hers. Some even have lighter skin than her.

Awebo
09-10-2015, 01:18 AM
I don't understand why some Italians aren't as light as her. I grew up in Brazil, surrounded by Brazilians of Italian descent and most of them have the same skin tone as hers. Some even have lighter skin than her.
Most Italians in Brazil are northern Italians, whereas in the US they're southern.

Jupiter
09-10-2015, 01:19 AM
This happens a lot in America, Italian Americans get confused for Mexican all the time.

And this Italian American, she's light and lighter than most Italian Americans, so now let alone the dark Italian Americans in the U.S.

Do Spaniards who are living in the USA also get confused for Mexican all the time?

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
09-10-2015, 01:21 AM
I wouldn't have thought him to be mexican but maybe some other type of latin american like a mixed mestizo argentine

Jupiter
09-10-2015, 01:24 AM
Most Italians in Brazil are northern Italians, whereas in the US they're southern.

I think the same but I'm not sure if it's been really proven.

Journeyman26
09-10-2015, 01:27 AM
She doesn't look Mexican at all to me. By Mexican are we talking Amerindian or some sort of European-Amerindian mix? Also, there are plenty of Northern Italians in the US, its just the most visible group of Italian Americans are New York Italians which are predominantly Southern.

Jupiter
09-10-2015, 01:29 AM

Why do they think anyone with dark hair and eyes is Mexican? Don't many White Americans actually have dark hair and eyes?

sql
09-10-2015, 01:30 AM
Do Spaniards who are living in the USA also get confused for Mexican all the time?

We hardly have Spaniards here

alpha
09-10-2015, 01:31 AM
Is that even a boy or a girl

Journeyman26
09-10-2015, 01:32 AM
Why do they think anyone with dark hair and eyes is Mexican? Don't many White Americans actually have dark hair and eyes?

haha its a bit of an exaggeration.. but in some of the border states I am sure you would get that a lot.

Sikeliot
09-10-2015, 05:46 AM
I think Greeks if anything could be mistaken more for Mexican due to the pseudo-Asian type look to their eyes sometimes, also shared with some Turks. Maria Menounos for instance gets mistaken for Mexican.

Oneeye
09-10-2015, 05:53 AM
Whaat, she should pass as average white American?

No, she(?) looks more like a white American and Mexican mix if anything.

Annie999
09-10-2015, 06:00 AM
Wait, that's a girl?

Mn The Loki TA Son
09-10-2015, 06:01 AM
I think Greeks if anything could be mistaken more for Mexican due to the pseudo-Asian type look to their eyes sometimes, also shared with some Turks. Maria Menounos for instance gets mistaken for Mexican.

She's kinda light and lighter than the average Italian American, so now let alone the darker Italian Americans. And let alone Alfieb, who don't look so white and off-European looking. Lets go figure if he's not mistaken for one or as Puerto Rican in New York.

Mn The Loki TA Son
09-10-2015, 06:06 AM
Wait, that's a girl?

What do you think?

Yeah, as you see and said here, she.

Mn The Loki TA Son
09-10-2015, 06:08 AM
I think I used to skateboard with this guy.

Maybe, but your confusing her as a guy, lol. But maybe, it's a small world here.

Annie999
09-10-2015, 06:11 AM
What do you think?

Yeah, as you see and said here, she.

Why do you think that's a girl? Looks and sounds like a boy, and his name is Chad.

Mn The Loki TA Son
09-10-2015, 06:14 AM
Why do you think that's a girl? Looks and sounds like a boy, and his name is Chad.

Okay. But like I have said, it's a she.

Mn The Loki TA Son
09-10-2015, 06:18 AM
Annie, well, what do you expect from someone who dress like her, tomboyish.

Wadaad
09-10-2015, 06:59 AM
she looks neither mexican or italian

she also looks like she smells bad, no offense

Ctwentysevenj
09-10-2015, 07:50 AM
Looks central European. She is fairer than most Iberians.

Mn The Loki TA Son
09-10-2015, 07:51 AM

Yes, I see it that she could be mistaken for Mexican. Check her out here, Masiela Lusha who is neighbors with Greeks(Balkan) was mistaken for Mexican also, by the Americans from the TV broadcast people called "Tmz", they thought she was "Mexican/"Latina", she responded to them and said she is not thought, and they put the face of what...and one said "Really? Italian?" but it turned out she is from the Balkans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujqn1WYxty4

Anthropologique
09-10-2015, 01:45 PM

I doubt it. However, some people in the U.S. think that anyone who speaks Spanish is Mexican.

Tacitus
09-10-2015, 01:46 PM
I think I get you now Martin – you wish you were Italian, between your obsession with mob movies and your attempts to make us out to be mongrels such as yourself. :lol:

Argentano
09-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Doesnt look like stereotypical mexican american at all

Mex_abdul
09-10-2015, 02:18 PM
Meh. People being stupid as always. Person doesn't even look like most white Mexicans.

Armand_Duval
09-10-2015, 02:44 PM
How?. Italian mistaken as mexican?... but....how can that happen????. That's impossible!!!!.

https://media.giphy.com/media/YqLdd0vnq76M0/giphy.gif

Annie999
09-10-2015, 03:04 PM
I wanted to solve this mystery and so I looked at another video on her page. I think she's deepening her voice and Chad is a character name. She calls a friend and it's clear the friend either didn't recognize the voice at first or was thinking "oh gawd not this chad character again" because there was a hesitation and she had to say it was Chad calling. You recognize a friend's voice on the phone right away but the friend didn't. Also, from the sound of her voice she seemed weirded out a bit when told it was "Chad."

I've solved the mystery of Chad.
Good job colonel

Calabria Bedda
09-10-2015, 03:35 PM
I don't see anything Italian or Mexican. Mexicans aren't considered white in the US, while Italians are sometimes depicted as borderline whites. That girl is a WASP or she can be a French Canadian

fanta
09-10-2015, 04:22 PM
The girl ( I thought she was a he but whatever) looks nothing like a mexican, but I'm not surprised, avarage people are dumb as fuck when it comes to recognizing different phenotypes.

Armand_Duval
09-10-2015, 11:23 PM
I don't see anything Italian or Mexican. Mexicans aren't considered white in the US, while Italians are sometimes depicted as borderline whites. That girl is a WASP or she can be a French Canadian

The girl ( I thought she was a he but whatever) looks nothing like a mexican, but I'm not surprised, avarage people are dumb as fuck when it comes to recognizing different phenotypes.

The fact of the matter is that the lack of "world" of many people make them think Mexicans are brow wetbacks, there's a phenotypical variation in Mexico, Mexico isn't like the european nations where the phenotypical features are more stable within the caucasic range, Mexico is new world.

That woman fits the mexican phenotypical variation well, there's nothing extraordinary about her, if she were northen european looking then we could consider her very rare in mexico but not the one of the vid.

Mn The Loki TA Son
09-10-2015, 11:27 PM
The fact of the matter is that the lack of "world" of many people make them think Mexicans are brow wetbacks, there's a phenotypical variation in Mexico, Mexico isn't like the european nations where the phenotypical features are more stable within the caucasic range, Mexico is new world.

That woman fits the mexican phenotypical variation well, there's nothing extraordinary about her, if she were northen european looking then we could consider her very rare in mexico but not the one of the vid.

Yeah, agreed.

Carlito's Way
09-10-2015, 11:43 PM

depends on the phenotype, these Spaniards would get mexican before anything else, they will for sure never be taken for white out here

3:23, her youngest daughter would be taken for a little mexican girl, while the older one for a white american child
the nanny who is from Guatemala looks no different from the Spaniard, and no way would that Guatemalan lady be taken for white when whites in California look nothing like her

11:14, he would also be taken for Mexican

14:30, she would also be taken for Mexican

well you get the idea about what type of phenotypes among Spaniards would be taken for Mexican before being taken for white
that is because the whites out here in the Southwest are more Germanic looking, anything darker than them is thought to be non-white
which is why people thought Ariana Grande was mexican, heck even many people thought Catherine Zeta Jones was one as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82RYXjIies8

Carlito's Way
09-10-2015, 11:47 PM
the East Coast in America is a bit more different because its more diverse when it comes to European populations, elsewhere people are ignorant about European phenotypes which is why such confusion happens with certain Europeans being confused for Hispanics

fanta
09-11-2015, 07:52 AM

European countries too have phenotype variation. I noticed that Americans tend to stereotype european ethnicities to look in certain ways. They often think everyone in southern europe everyone have dark hair dark eyes and everyone in northern europe is blonde haired blue eyed.

Bradshaw
09-12-2015, 07:43 AM
depends on the phenotype, these Spaniards would get mexican before anything else, they will for sure never be taken for white out here

3:23, her youngest daughter would be taken for a little mexican girl, while the older one for a white american child
the nanny who is from Guatemala looks no different from the Spaniard, and no way would that Guatemalan lady be taken for white when whites in California look nothing like her

11:14, he would also be taken for Mexican

14:30, she would also be taken for Mexican

well you get the idea about what type of phenotypes among Spaniards would be taken for Mexican before being taken for white
that is because the whites out here in the Southwest are more Germanic looking, anything darker than them is thought to be non-white
which is why people thought Ariana Grande was mexican, heck even many people thought Catherine Zeta Jones was one as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82RYXjIies8

Don't say that around alnortedesur lol, he thinks most spaniards are blonde germanic nazi ubermench ppl lol

Demon Revival
09-12-2015, 08:31 AM
It beats to me how anyone from either ethnicity, Italian or Mexican would want to parade this funky smelling-looking specimen as one of theirs. LOL @ the guy who said it looked Central European only to get more blond points. Pathetic.

Oneeye
09-12-2015, 11:30 PM
European countries too have phenotype variation. I noticed that Americans tend to stereotype european ethnicities to look in certain ways. They often think everyone in southern europe everyone have dark hair dark eyes and everyone in northern europe is blonde haired blue eyed.

I seriously doubt that Europeans are as diverse as Mexicans.

Oneeye
09-12-2015, 11:47 PM

With those lips, she looks more like a carp than a wasp. Did she sharpie in a mustache?

zhaoyun
09-13-2015, 12:01 AM
She doesn't look like a mestiza. People are just stupid with identifying ethnic phenotypes.

Journeyman26
09-13-2015, 12:09 AM
She doesn't look like a mestiza. People are just stupid with identifying ethnic phenotypes.

"hmmm dark hair, she must be 50% amerindian"

Pjeter Pan
09-13-2015, 12:14 AM
Lol I been confused for Spanish and Mexican before xD but I get mostly Italian. Americans are pretty ignorant about this stuff. But then again anyone can pass in Latin America

de Burgh II
09-13-2015, 12:14 AM

Well... it looks like were going back to Genetics 101.... Gregor Mendel special... lol.

Balmung
09-13-2015, 12:16 AM
You guys are over thinking everything. It's as simple as this, swarth people look alike to those without the swarth eye.

An Italian with the name Chad?

Mn The Loki TA Son
09-13-2015, 02:09 AM
You guys are over thinking everything. It's as simple as this, swarth people look alike to those without the swarth eye.

An Italian with the name Chad?

Read? Read again, Frank colonel post here.

Also
09-13-2015, 02:13 AM

True. Wogs look all the same to tr00 whitey peepz. Mexican/Italian/Spanish, same thing.

Mn The Loki TA Son
09-13-2015, 02:15 AM
"hmmm dark hair, she must be 50% amerindian"

Ignorance. I have relatives some who I have got classified here have got mistaken for French by looks. They are pred. Euro look and are more lighter than most southern Italian, Sicilian Americans who are darker and they look more mainstream white.

Oneeye
09-13-2015, 03:15 AM
True. Wogs look all the same to tr00 whitey peepz. Mexican/Italian/Spanish, same thing.

QFT

Freeroostah
09-13-2015, 03:18 AM
Bitch, I look more Latino than you hahahaha xD

Dr. Klaus Klausofsten
09-13-2015, 04:08 AM
Who cares?