PDA

View Full Version : Health and Fitness Apps Are The Top Growing App Category

Linebacker
09-14-2015, 04:52 PM
That`s right nigga.Thats whats up.

http://icdn6.digitaltrends.com/image/best-iphone-fitness-apps-970x0.jpg?ver=2

Google has been crunching some numbers collected from the Play Store, and released an end-of-year rundown of which apps have been most popular. Most interestingly, the results show Health and Fitness has been the year’s fastest growing app category, reflecting just how much the mobile industry is focused on our well-being — and how much we’re buying into it.

According to Google’s stats, diet tracking app MyFitnessPal topped the charts under health and fitness. The popular app started life as a website way back in 2005, and is obviously still going strong.

Related: Admit it, fitness trackers are as much about showing off as working out

Over the past year, Google has launched Google Fit, Apple gave us Health, and Microsoft followed them both up with Microsoft Health. That’s before we even look at how many new fitness wearables hit the shelves this year, plus the many crowd-funded campaigns trying to identify even more niche health markets. Manufacturers and developers alike are keen to keep us healthy.

Figures published in a paper on the mHealth app development industry estimate there are now 100,000 apps dedicated to mobile health available for Android and iOS, a figure which has doubled over the last two years. The report shows the global health and fitness mobile app market is worth about $4 billion at the moment, but this could increase to $26 billion by 2017. Google’s data indicates the rise has already begun.

Outside of the Health and Fitness category, Google says Facebook was the most downloaded social networking app, Netflix topped the charts in Entertainment, and TripAdvisor rose to the top under Travel. For Music, it was Pandora, and in Photography, the short video creation app Flipagram attracted the most downloads. Finally, under gaming, Candy Crush Saga was the year’s most downloaded title.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/google-play-store-2014-most-downloaded-apps/#ixzz3ljU3EZjF
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

Dylan
09-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Sounds good, hopefully people actually use them though. I find that people feel accomplished for making the purchase, but then don't necisarilly go on and use them.
Same goes for a lot of things. People will go out and spend money on an expensive language software, but will neglect it.

Oneeye
09-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Sounds good, hopefully people actually use them though. I find that people feel accomplished for making the purchase, but then don't necisarilly go on and use them.
Same goes for a lot of things. People will go out and spend money on an expensive language software, but will neglect it.

It's probably mostly diet tracking... calorie counting and whatnot, which is a real pain in the butt to do with pen and paper throughout the day. Even if they only use it for a week there is the benefit of having a better idea of how many calories and the proportion of macronutrients they are consuming regularly.

Linebacker
09-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Thank you fine gentlemen for the contribution.

But the gentleman downing a whiskey glass looks kind of atypical in fitness threads.

Dylan
09-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Thank you fine gentlemen for the contribution.

But the gentleman downing a whiskey glass looks kind of atypical in fitness threads.

what about Terentius Neo, a baker from Pompeii?

Linebacker
09-14-2015, 05:18 PM
what about Terentius Neo, a baker from Pompeii?

According to other art of him he was into a different kind of fitness,which is still pretty good.

http://c300221.r21.cf1.rackcdn.com/eros-psyche-from-the-house-of-terentius-neo-1399030638_b.jpg

Victor
09-22-2022, 10:04 AM
I'm using those simple Amazfit tracking watches in combo with Zepp app. I don't need antother "phone" on my hand, I only need step/distance tracking, heartbeat and sleep tracking + the watches to look like watches, not an ugly armband for kids. I normally walk 8-10 km per day since 2017 so I already passed some 20k kilometers xD

https://i.ibb.co/10cJs7h/image.png