PDA

View Full Version : The fine arts...

MarcvSS
01-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Here's a painting from a student who studies fine arts...

Tell me what you see in it, what it represents, your feelings, your thoughts...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh169/Torvald34/DSCF2306.jpg

Thanks in advance,
TattSS...

Osweo
01-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Tell me what you see in it, what it represents, your feelings, your thoughts...
Eek! I knew it would be something a bit scary, while I was waiting for it to load. Thank God it's not too revolting!

Well, it's a close up of a flower, but with a gaping animal carcase where the sexual organs should be, anthers and stamens and whatever they're called. It looks a bit like a mouth too, and the lush juicy red lips lead you on until... you get a kiss full of carrion!
It might be about the superficiality of looks that often shield 'nature, red in tooth and claw'. A plant, while seeming as though created merely to charm the human aesthete's eye, remains yet part of the desperate struggle for existence that accompanies the lives of all living things, whether active struggle in which enemies and prey are killed, or more subtle, in which competitors are starved of nutrients, light and space...
Maybe the carnal aspect is paramount though, sex and attraction all coming down to rather meaty animal things at the end of the day (if you're lucky).
Mind you, the meat doesn't look rotten or anything, so there's nothing too putrid and bad here, nothing about corruption and death, as far as I can see. Or then again, the 'petals' do look as if they're dripping with blood. Is that a heart in the centre?

I want some of that old Spanish pork now. I forget the name...