PDA

View Full Version : Classify Greeks

Mortimer
08-22-2016, 12:07 AM
It says you need to prove you are greek to get food from them, so they are all greeks. I dont want to attack Greeks, im just curious in the classifications, because i saw a few who look arabic. and many who look half european half arabic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ukaXTgI2o

Myanthropologies
08-22-2016, 12:18 AM
Well, Greeks are more ethnically diverse than what you think. Most mainlander Greeks look Balkanic, while Pontic Greeks look caucasian, and Greeks from Crete can look "Middle Eastern." I have plenty of Greek-American friends and some look as white as white gets (one of the whitest people I know is of 100% Greek descent), and a few look swarthy and MENA, one in particular is very swarthy. Any Greek will tell you that it depends on where a Greek is from that determines what they may look like.

Most of the Greeks in that video (I watched part of it) looked South European to me. Nothing unusual. There were a few swarthy looking ones, but that is expected.

Mortimer
08-22-2016, 12:20 AM
Well, Greeks are more ethnically diverse than what you think. Most mainlander Greeks look Balkanic, while Pontic Greeks look caucasian, amd Greeks from Crete can look "Middle Eastern." I have plenty of Greek-American friends and some look as white as white gets (one of the whitest people I knownis of 100% Greek descent), and a few look swarthy and MENA, one in particular is very swarthy.

Most of the Greeks in that video (I watched part of it) looked South European to me. Nothing unusual. There were a few swarthy looking ones, but that is expected.

true, but they look quiete different to austrians, they look like a transition between europe and middle east not really middle east but also not northern euro, they are unique and many are olive or light olive, only a few are really pale and blonde, at least in that video.

Myanthropologies
08-22-2016, 12:22 AM
true, but they look quiete different to austrians, they look like a transition between europe and middle east not really middle east but also not northern euro, they are unique and many are olive or light olive, only a few are really pale and blonde, at least in that video.

Hmm, I wouldn't say most Greeks are olive. Most of the Greeks I saw in the video had a skin color akin to most other Euros, just "warmer" in the sense that it isn't very pink. Many slavs are the same. But still white skinned of course.

They don't look like north europeans, but most mainlanders will look French before anything Middle Eastern, however a chunk look Middle Eastern, too.

Mortimer
08-22-2016, 12:25 AM
Hmm, I wouldn't say most Greeks are olive. Most of the Greeks I saw in the video had a skin color akin to most other Euros, just "warmer" in the sense that it isn't very pink. Many slavs are the same. But still white skinned of course.

ok then maybe it was the hair colour or features, they looked a bit darker to me

Myanthropologies
08-22-2016, 12:28 AM
ok then maybe it was the hair colour or features, they looked a bit darker to me

Probably the hair color bro. Most Greeks have pale skin and dark hair. I'd say about 25% can have light hair though.

Hellenas
08-26-2016, 05:58 AM
Lol, a gypsy and an Iranian-something speak about Greeks who look "Middle Easterners".

Let's see.

because i saw a few who look arabic. and many who look half european half arabic.

There are not any Arabic Greeks, any dark haired south European heavily tanned and with a beard or a moustach can look Arabic. There are not any Arabid types in Greece or other Middle Easterners, no Anthropologist mention such types regarding Greece.

Well, Greeks are more ethnically diverse than what you think. Most mainlander Greeks look Balkanic,

Most mainland Greeks look Mediterranean and Balkanic, not only Balkanic.

while Pontic Greeks look caucasian,

Pontic Greeks look Mediterraneans and some look Caucasians.

and Greeks from Crete can look "Middle Eastern."

Tanned and with moustaches or beards can look like Pakies, but their natural look is the south-east European.

I have plenty of Greek-American friends and some look as white as white gets (one of the whitest people I know is of 100% Greek descent), and a few look swarthy and MENA,

They look but they are not, they are just tanned. Only 10% of Greeks have light brown skin color and this related to Anatolia, not Middle East or North Africa. No Greek has natural brown skin color like MENA people. Greeks do not cluster genetically with any MENA people either.

one in particular is very swarthy.

Light brown skinned obviously.

Swarthies can also be just tanned persons.

true, but they look quiete different to austrians, they look like a transition between europe and middle east

Not between Europe and Middle East, as Greeks are only 10% Middle Easterners genetically and Greece is also Europe, south-East Europe. We look like what we are, a transition between central Europe and Near East(not Middle East).

not really middle east but also not northern euro, they are unique and many are olive or light olive,

Many? During summer we are all like that, tanned. Only 10% of Greeks has natural light brown skin color, the rest pale white and some often pinkish.

only a few are really pale and blonde, at least in that video.

And why we have to be like that? Who want to be a cold yellow haired Nord anyway?

however a chunk look Middle Eastern, too.

A south European tanned, with a beard, unshaved and with a moustache can even look like an Indian, nothing new.

And since one of you lives in Austria, tell to your friends Hitler in some photos looks like an Afghan.

http://orig13.deviantart.net/6d06/f/2008/241/3/0/hitler_by_mister_palmer.jpg

averagedude
08-26-2016, 09:32 AM

Tanned?