PDA

View Full Version : Army of the European Union

Shkembe Chorba
08-23-2016, 08:21 AM
The European Union will need a common army to bolster its security over the long term after the U.K. follows through on its decision to exit the bloc, Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka said.
The 28-nation trading pact will need to muster a joint military to face intensifying threats including terrorism, a newly aggressive Russia and the unprecedented influx of refugees from the Middle East and beyond, Sobotka told a gathering of Czech diplomats in Prague Monday. A common EU army shouldn’t compete with NATO but should rather make the EU a “more actionable and reliable partner,” he said.
Start your day with what’s moving markets.
Sobotka joins a number of European officials who, following terrorist attacks in Paris and the U.K.’s Brexit vote, have called for greater military integration. The U.K. has in the past preferred to coordinate all military action through the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, but its departure from the EU may pave the way for Germany and France, who support closer cooperation, to change the approach to security in the bloc. Sobotka said leaders may discuss a joint army at a September meeting of EU leaders.
“I’m convinced that we can’t do without a common European army in the long term,” he said. “I hope that the autumn European summit will bring concrete proposals and pledges.”
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said in March 2015 he supported the creation of a European army to show Russia the EU’s members are determined to defend their values. In May, the EU’s foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, was reported to have prepared a defense document that included creating common defense structures via provisions laid out in the bloc’s 2009 Lisbon Treaty, the Times reported. The Commission said in June that there were no plans to propose an EU army.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-22/eu-can-t-do-without-common-army-in-long-term-czech-premier-says

http://c3445010.r10.cf0.rackcdn.com/landscape_image/7572/big_63724c9049.jpeg

:))))))))))))))))))

Bezprym
08-23-2016, 08:23 AM
It will not happen.

Ülev
08-23-2016, 08:24 AM
aggressive Russia? or as the new/old ally? you know, Nord Stream, Gerhard Schroeder etc. :)

Norka
08-23-2016, 08:25 AM
http://17au6t1m9fww7tz2h3hbljfs.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/nazi-army.jpeg

catgeorge
08-23-2016, 08:26 AM
Not a chance.

Greece is the highest spender in NATO on GDP basis and I do not trust western europeans if muslims decide to invade. In fact all they do is dictate terms to Greece when Greece is drowning in refugees and muslims

They can GAGF

Profileid
08-23-2016, 08:28 AM
whats the point?
theyre mostly in nato anyways

Shkembe Chorba
08-23-2016, 08:35 AM
whats the point?

EU army is easier to lead, observe and communication would be better due to common channels and sources. Also, EU would look much more stronger in the eyes of the US, would have more decisive role in the conversations and so on.

Ülev
08-23-2016, 08:37 AM
yes, I see how Poles will listen German commands and vice - versa, lol

Bezprym
08-23-2016, 08:39 AM
whats the point?

NATO is an alliance and doesn't interfere in the independence. European Union does and making one army is supposed to lead to the creation of one country. They can fuck off.

Aëlwenn
We saw in the famous European solidarity when France intervened in Mali to destroy terrorist bases, which prevent the holding of attacks in Europe (there have been many more that unfortunately those already committed).
No European country has lifting a finger, ah if some instructors for local troops.
European countries except France and the United Kingdom, have to abandon the idea of a national army. They rest on the intervention of these two countries there to fight against terrorism in Syria and Iraq, in the rest of Africa to France, and the French and British nuclear force to deter other countries attack Europe.
So that kind of talk, always from the east also, makes me laugh.

Norka
yes, I see how Poles will listen German commands and vice - versa, lol

Polyaks they love a strong German yelling commands from behind :lol:

Shkembe Chorba
08-23-2016, 09:30 AM
I do not trust western europeans if muslims decide to invade

Who will you trust if muslims decide to invade?

catgeorge
08-23-2016, 09:31 AM

Good question because Greece is already under an invasion.

Bezprym
08-23-2016, 09:34 AM

I understand you have a positive attitude toward the idea of EU army?

Linebacker
08-23-2016, 10:14 AM
Isnt that what NATO is for basically

Shkembe Chorba
08-23-2016, 11:19 AM

I am not quite sure yet, Ive started reading about it today. One thing is sure, however, that if Europe had a common army wars would look less likely and probably some particular peninsulas may still be at their rightful owner today.

Isnt that what NATO is for basically

Maybe this is one of those not so many situations when centralisation actually could work. And if we had more cooperation with other European armies it would be unlikely that rotten apples like Gen. Radev would make a career over a bag with rubles.

Bezprym
08-23-2016, 11:33 AM
I am not quite sure yet, Ive started reading about it today. One thing is sure, however, that if Europe had a common army wars would look less likely and probably some particular peninsulas may still be at their rightful owner today.

Seeing other flag that blue one with stars would be less likely too. One army in whole Europe is exactly what imperialistic nations wanted to achieve in their whole history.

Shkembe Chorba
08-23-2016, 11:41 AM
Seeing other flag that blue one with stars would be less likely too. One army in whole Europe is exactly what imperialistic nations wanted to achieve in their whole history.

I have the same doubts as you, mate, dont get me wrong.

Still, this hypothetical situation is a bit different, because imperialistic nations wanted to achieve whole Europe under their army, not a common one.

ЛыSSый
08-23-2016, 12:16 PM
Army of the European Union

http://wozap.ru/uploads/posts/2015-10/14459338282017s.jpeg

ЛыSSый
08-23-2016, 12:19 PM

Polyaks they love a strong German yelling commands from behind :lol:

Bezprym
08-24-2016, 12:00 AM
I have the same doubts as you, mate, dont get me wrong.

Still, this hypothetical situation is a bit different, because imperialistic nations wanted to achieve whole Europe under their army, not a common one.

Depends who will be leader of that army. Most likely Germans.

But anyway, it will not happen. I can now imagine all the riots and some partisan movements against European Union threatening the independence of its members. It is already threatening it, although such army would be much more definite. What would be the oath be like? Currently in Polish oath is a reference to the Polish Constitution, Poland, its souvreignty and borders, etc. Nothing about European Union's interests.

ЛыSSый
08-24-2016, 12:28 AM
Depends who will be leader of that army. Most likely Germans.

But anyway, it will not happen. I can now imagine all the riots and some partisan movements against European Union threatening the independence of its members. It is already threatening it, although such army would be much more definite. What would be the oath be like? Currently in Polish oath is a reference to the Polish Constitution, Poland, its souvreignty and borders, etc. Nothing about European Union's interests.

little bro, it'll be lke it was before: you'll do what germanian master say, romanians will try try to do but all they'll able to do - just shit and disorder, bulgarians will find any possible reason for do nothing, balkan slavics+albos will harras and murder each other instead do something else, true arian frenches and nordic nations will zelaously start to do but cry craven so fast as they can. Who is left? italians-hispanics? oh, they're the same romanians, but slightly more civiliced. turkeys? oh, fuck, romanians aren't worst in real.

N1019
08-24-2016, 12:42 AM
While it could be very large and backed by the best technology, I can't imagine the European Soviet Union's army being as good at an individual soldier level as one of a national army with established customs and traditions because, among other things, I doubt the men would believe in it in the same way they could believe in the armed forces of their own country. We are tribal animals after all. If we are to risk our lives, it really helps if we believe in the cause.

Instead, the soldiers could effectively become mercenaries on the payroll of a foreign power, which would also be the reality despite the propaganda they would be fed, and whether they realised it or not - the foreign power in that case being a global elite with no allegiance to the nation or culture of the soldiers themselves. It's not the foundation of a high morale, committed fighting force.

Most people can sense when they are being taken for a ride, even if they can't put their finger on exactly what is happening, explain or prove it. When soldiers find themselves in that place, it's dangerous.

While it would simplify the process for the global elite, there is no need for the EU to create its own military force. The forces of member states can train and fight alongside each other in joint operations without being homogenized into a blob of generic Europeanness, as they have already done on many occasions. It would be better for morale.

We don't have enough information on supposed proposals, e.g. how homogenized the fighting force would be etc. The degree of homogenization is an important variable. To some extent, the less homogenized the force is, the more likely it could work without sacrificing the commitment of the men. Of course, that loss of commitment might be a price the elite are willing to pay, if they believe it can be compensated for by gains elsewhere.

ЛыSSый
08-24-2016, 12:47 AM
let me be a baba Wanga: next armed disorder will be not against outer enemy, but inside eurounion.

Crn Volk
08-24-2016, 01:01 AM
As the EU tries to become a federation with an army, more Brexits will follow. It will lead to a rump-EU lead by Germany with a number of quisling states as members. This rump-EU will be the opposite of Nazi Germany though. It will be a Cultural Marxist heaven.

Shkembe Chorba
08-24-2016, 07:52 AM
let me be a baba Wanga: next armed disorder will be not against outer enemy, but inside eurounion.

Is this what Matushka's media say? Vanga predicted the collapse of the Union? You guys really know how to spit on someone's remembrance in order to serve the sick interests of the Third Rome....

Marusya
08-24-2016, 08:11 AM
How many of the guys on TA could pass Special Forces Selection test as in Latvia? HOW MANY OF YOU ARE BRAVE ENOUGH?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8uxdqo_EoA

Bezprym
08-24-2016, 08:13 AM
How many of the guys on TA could pass Special Forces Selection test as in Latvia? HOW MANY OF YOU ARE BRAVE ENOUGH?

If I'd think I am able to pass selection to any special forces, I would be probably quite busy at the moment.

Norka
08-24-2016, 08:13 AM

They really filmed it like a drama show.

Marusya
08-24-2016, 08:22 AM
They really filmed it like a drama show.

Can you do it?

Norka
08-24-2016, 08:25 AM
Can you do it?

Get filmed in a drama tv show with staged events and actors? Yeah ezpz.

Sarmatian
08-24-2016, 08:58 AM
...to face intensifying threats including terrorism...

:picard2: You don't fight terrorism with army, there are other enforcement organizations to prevent terrorist attacks. That's looks like public stunt for braindead sheeple.

...a newly aggressive Russia...

That's closer to actual truth. But it only means someone is paranoid. Or uses paranoia to pursue his political agenda. Still propaganda product for braindead sheeple.

de Burgh II
08-24-2016, 09:04 AM
✠ Salute the Heathen army! ✠

https://fat.gfycat.com/HelplessTastyElephantseal.gif

Sarmatian
08-24-2016, 09:12 AM
...probably some particular peninsulas may still be at their rightful owner today.

https://media.giphy.com/media/9rWmUuwkNQvra/giphy.gif

Heinz
08-24-2016, 09:36 AM
Im ok with a european army aslong as Germany is the commander and the rest obeys to our rule

ЛыSSый
08-24-2016, 11:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8uxdqo_EoA

they just haven't cars, tanks, airforces. shortly: they just want to return to their natural state like it was before russia bought these lands.

ЛыSSый
08-24-2016, 11:46 AM
Is this what Matushka's media say? Vanga predicted the collapse of the Union? You guys really know how to spit on someone's remembrance in order to serve the sick interests of the Third Rome....

gypsy shkembe is beggaring for some attention.

EL_BARBARO
08-24-2016, 12:19 PM
Im ok with a european army aslong as Germany is the commander and the rest obeys to our rule

you aren't german. quit bouffoning.

Insuperable
08-24-2016, 12:39 PM
you aren't german. quit bouffoning.

Why would you think that? That was a proper German response and I wouldn't expect anything less from a German.:icon_cheesygrin:

Bezprym
08-24-2016, 12:41 PM
Why would you think that? That was a proper German resposnse and I wouldn't expect anything less from a German.:icon_cheesygrin:

Proper German response in historical context maybe. Today such statement looks rather hilarious.

EL_BARBARO
08-24-2016, 12:42 PM
Why would you think that? That was a proper German resposnse and I wouldn't expect anything less from a German.:icon_cheesygrin:

I don't know that. I suspect.

Insuperable
08-24-2016, 01:00 PM
Proper German response in historical context maybe. Today such statement looks rather hilarious.

They still do some bossing around today, in the EU. Is the development of German army regulated by other large European forces after WW2?

Bezprym
08-24-2016, 01:07 PM
They still do some bossing around today, in the EU. Is the development of German army regulated by other large European forces after WW2?

I don't know.

Rosso77
08-24-2016, 01:15 PM
And then, the evil shadows proceed to another european massacre... Nothing will get better in a demo(n)cratic system. Europe will only get on its feet again when monarchs rise once more.

Journeyman26
08-24-2016, 01:17 PM
It's an economic Union... any shared military operation would need to have a unified command which would essentially put in place a unified government structure. This will not happen, and would not be in the best interest of the EU regardless. Plus, the vast majority of EU nations aren't up to the standards of the larger economies (France, Germany, Italy, Spain) whose militaries include aircraft carriers (France/Italy), superfighters (France, Germany, Italy, Spain), and nuclear weapons (France). This would by nature shift command to the larger nations, which isn't necessarily in the best interest of smaller countries.