PDA

View Full Version : Allergies...

Aemma
09-02-2010, 04:37 PM
I've no idea what's been in the air this past week or so, but my allergies as well as my son's have never been this bad.

Do any of you have any allergies? If so, do you manage them effectively and how?

We're going through tissues like there's no tomorrow!

Tolleson
09-02-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm only allegeric to wives and sons and cannot afford any more tissues! :p

Eldritch
09-02-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm allergic to cats. I can't stay for very long in an apartment that has a cat living in it. I don't dislike cats, but I'm definitely more a dog person, so no huge loss there.

I'm also allergic to cherries, plums and other fruit of that type. A friend of mine has a damson tree in his yard and when the fruits are ripe I can't even go near it.

Pears and apples as well, but not so much -- I like making potato salad at home, and I can chop up an apple in there w/o trouble. I wouldn't eat one just like that by biting into it though.

Lithium
09-02-2010, 07:32 PM
I am allergic to the sun and the hot weather. I am avoiding to use medecins...

Aviane
09-02-2010, 09:20 PM
I am allergic to the sun and the hot weather. I am avoiding to use medecins...

Are you joking or you really have a skin condition ?

Grumpy Cat
09-02-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm allergic to kiwi and strawberry.

I don't eat them.

Germanicus
09-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Hay fever is my allergy, also i am effected by sunstroke if i do not take precautions, i have lost consciousness a few times and been hospitalised.

Daos
09-06-2010, 04:45 AM
As a child I used to be allergic to chocolate and strawberries, but, after a treatment with pumpkin seeds and honey, I got rid of it.

Now I'm only (sort of) allergic to dust and fluff - whenever there's a lot of it in the air my nose itches and it's harder to breath...

Aemma
09-09-2010, 04:24 AM
I'm allergic to kiwi and strawberry.

I don't eat them.

Is it the seeds in them that you are allergic to?

Grumpy Cat
09-09-2010, 04:33 AM
Is it the seeds in them that you are allergic to?

I don't think so, because I can have a bad (I mean potantially fatal) reaction from eating something that has even just touched these things.

I carry around an epi-pen when strawberries are in season (they grow in the wild everywhere in the Maritimes and are a popular food). Kiwis are easier to avoid, though.