PDA

View Full Version : Discover Hong Kong with Jackie Chan Documentary

Iloko
08-26-2016, 04:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4pwaoDX8YE

Kamal900
08-26-2016, 04:04 PM
Hong Kong seem to be very developed city and etc. We have many Chinese expats here who are from Hong Kong.

zhaoyun
08-26-2016, 04:51 PM
Hong Kong seem to be very developed city and etc. We have many Chinese expats here who are from Hong Kong.

Many mainland Chinese cities are catching up or surpassing HK now. Shenzhen across the border is now the world's second Silicon Valley. In 20 years, most of Mainland China's cities will be at HK's level or will surpass it.

Kamal900
08-26-2016, 04:59 PM
Many mainland Chinese cities are catching up or surpassing HK now. Shenzhen across the border is now the world's second Silicon Valley. In 20 years, most of Mainland China's cities will be at HK's level or will surpass it.

Shanghai and Beijing and other cities, right? Yeah, its getting more industrial by the day. I think China will be the next superpower in the world in the near future. Do you think those cities will surpass even South Korea and Japan?

zhaoyun
08-26-2016, 05:12 PM
Shanghai and Beijing and other cities, right? Yeah, its getting more industrial by the day. I think China will be the next superpower in the world in the near future. Do you think those cities will surpass even South Korea and Japan?

South Korea and Japan will be nothing compared to where China will be in about 20-30 years. They only got a head start, but China is the founder of East Asian civilization and a vast, monster sized country with huge ambitions. South Korea and Japan are medium sized countries with limited geographical confines. They did quite well for themselves, but China will have wealth, power and innovation that will be on another level than they can ever achieve.

Kamal900
08-26-2016, 05:17 PM
South Korea and Japan will be nothing compared to where China will be in about 20-30 years. They only got a head start, but China is the founder of East Asian civilization and a vast, monster sized country with huge ambitions. South Korea and Japan are medium sized countries with limited geographical confines. They did quite well for themselves, but China will have wealth, power and innovation that will be on another level than they can ever achieve.

And the oldest continuous civilization on the planet as well. Do you expect envy or resentment from those countries? Also, what do you think of the Taiwanese people?

Balmung
08-26-2016, 05:21 PM

Careful Zhaoyun, you're becoming Longbowman. :D

knowledge is king
08-26-2016, 05:28 PM

This is a wrong question. Japan and South Korea were closed and isolated countries not so long ago. They became developed in the late 20th century and previously it was a poor, dirty countries with nothing to look at.

I think Hong Kong is overpriced city with most expensive property in the world. If major mainland cities will became like it, then it is a bad thing.

Charles Bronson
08-26-2016, 05:55 PM

The exchange of china have right now a crisis and you talking about how nice China is, in 100 years are the chinese not more a homogeneous race.

The chinese man goes in the foreign countries to be buying a women because China have a to low women ratio.

Longbowman
08-27-2016, 02:58 AM

He should be so lucky.

Anyway I've already been to Hong Kong, but it was so long ago that it was still part of the British Empire.

Dandelion
08-27-2016, 01:28 PM
Jackie Chan is probably the only Hong Konger who has some ounce of masculinity left.

Dandelion
08-27-2016, 01:31 PM

Zhaoyun never made it a secret that China > Japan/Korea and that the current economic head-start of Japan and Korea is just an anomaly in history that will set itself straight eventually. And he also often stated that Hong Kongers, Taiwanese and Singaporeans are effeminate sissies.

zhaoyun
08-27-2016, 05:39 PM
And the oldest continuous civilization on the planet as well. Do you expect envy or resentment from those countries? Also, what do you think of the Taiwanese people?

I think South Korea will learn to work with a rising China. While Japan will become bitter and resentful, but will probably learn to live with it 50 years from now.

Taiwanese people are overly nice. I went there for the first time last year, it was like an island of nice, happy children.

zhaoyun
08-27-2016, 05:40 PM
Jackie Chan is probably the only Hong Konger who has some ounce of masculinity left.

Jackie Chan is actually Northern Chinese from Shandong province, his family just fled to HK after the Communists took over.

zhaoyun
08-27-2016, 05:42 PM
Zhaoyun never made it a secret that China > Japan/Korea and that the current economic head-start of Japan and Korea is just an anomaly in history that will set itself straight eventually. And he also often stated that Hong Kongers, Taiwanese and Singaporeans are effeminate sissies.

It's not biased to say so, just look at the facts. China is a country of 1.3 billion, Japan is 120 million, South Korea 40 million. They all have equivalent Confucian cultures, work ethics, IQs, the reason why Japan and South Korea is ahead today is because they had a head start. They didn't go through Communism, they didn't go through the Great Leap Forward or Cultural Revolution which devastated China. But look at how much China has come along since it opened up in the 80s, it's like a different universe than it was 30 years ago. And today, China is doing what Japan did in the 70s and Korea did in the late 90s and early 2000s, moving from being a cheap producer to an innovative power. But it will be on a much larger and different scale because China is just many many times larger than these countries.

zhaoyun
08-27-2016, 05:45 PM
The exchange of china have right now a crisis and you talking about how nice China is, in 100 years are the chinese not more a homogeneous race.

The chinese man goes in the foreign countries to be buying a women because China have a to low women ratio.

China's population is too large for immigration or intermixing to have much of an impact.

Secondly, yeah, China might go through one or two crises in the next 30 years but it won't stop its long term trajectory.

It's just like how the US went through two world wars, and the great depression, but it never stopped its march to being a superpower. China today is like the US in the early 20th century, it has mobilized its resources and is rising fast, but still has not reached it's potential. The main powers in 1900 were still the UK, Germany, France, but the US was clearly going to overtake them all because of the vast resources it had in its control once it realized its potential. China's in the same situation as the US 100 years ago.

Kamal900
08-27-2016, 05:56 PM
It's not biased to say so, just look at the facts. China is a country of 1.3 billion, Japan is 120 million, South Korea 40 million. They all have equivalent Confucian cultures, work ethics, IQs, the reason why Japan and South Korea is ahead today is because they had a head start. They didn't go through Communism, they didn't go through the Great Leap Forward or Cultural Revolution which devastated China. But look at how much China has come along since it opened up in the 80s, it's like a different universe than it was 30 years ago. And today, China is doing what Japan did in the 70s and Korea did in the late 90s and early 2000s, moving from being a cheap producer to an innovative power. But it will be on a much larger and different scale because China is just many many times larger than these countries.

With that said, China has far more greater chance to be a world super power than India and Russia.

zhaoyun
08-27-2016, 06:00 PM
With that said, China has far more greater chance to be a world super power than India and Russia.

Definitely. Russia is just trying to maintain what it had, at this point. It's population is relatively small and declining, it has vast spaces that are under populated. It is not a major power in any consumer industries, and the areas where it is still advanced, military, space, industrial technologies are advantages it had under the Soviet Union which it is struggling to keep alive. Russia's best days are in the past during the Russian Empire and the USSR.

India has much greater potential, but it's society is still very backward in many segments, divided, and its government is ineffective in trying to mobilize its development.

In comparison, China's government and society are highly mobilized for industrialization and development.

EL_BARBARO
08-27-2016, 06:00 PM

China is the future.

What am I doing learning English?

Nihao!

Profileid
08-27-2016, 06:04 PM
I think South Korea will learn to work with a rising China. While Japan will become bitter and resentful, but will probably learn to live with it 50 years from now.

Taiwanese people are overly nice. I went there for the first time last year, it was like an island of nice, happy children.

Koreans have a proud tradition of bending over for whomever is the dominant power, I can see that. But I am going to guess Japan will go back to nationalism. The only issue is their population. I'm rooting for them tho, as I like anime.

zhaoyun
08-27-2016, 06:09 PM
Koreans have a proud tradition of bending over for whomever is the dominant power, I can see that. But I am going to guess Japan will go back to nationalism. The only issue is their population. I'm rooting for them tho, as I like anime.

Korea's curse is that it is surrounded by very powerful nations. If Korea was situated in South America or anywhere else, even in Europe, it would be a great power. No joke. But it's surrounded by Japan on one side and China on the other side, and Russia to the North. So it has absolutely NO relative power. Which is pretty sad because objectively, Korea should be a very strong country.

But anyways, Japan will be more nationalistic, but it won't amount to much. It is in quiet recession. 50 years from now, Japan will be a country of 90 million, old and comfortable. Over time, I think China's media industries will match and overtake Japan's and Korea's. Probably in the next 20 years. It's already happening today, many large Chinese corporations are now investing into media and building high quality films and capabilities, because consumer industries are now seen as the future of growth.

Profileid
08-27-2016, 06:13 PM
Korea's curse is that it is surrounded by very powerful nations. If Korea was situated in South America or anywhere else, even in Europe, it would be a great power. No joke. But it's surrounded by Japan on one side and China on the other side, and Russia to the North. So it has absolutely NO relative power. Which is pretty sad because objectively, Korea should be a very strong country.

But anyways, Japan will be more nationalistic, but it won't amount to much. It is in quiet recession. 50 years from now, Japan will be a country of 90 million, old and comfortable. Over time, I think China's media industries will match and overtake Japan's and Korea's. Probably in the next 20 years. It's already happening today, many large Chinese corporations are now investing into media and building high quality films and capabilities, because consumer industries are now seen as the future of growth.
I really wish we could've won the Korean war. The situation there today is such a tragedy.

I remember watching anime in Chinese once. I almost didn't believe what I was hearing. I really can't imagine China ever have an entertainment industry like Japan's. As it is,they're the only ones who can go toe to toe with westerners in that regard.

zhaoyun
08-27-2016, 06:17 PM
I really wish we could've won the Korean war. The situation there today is such a tragedy.

I remember watching anime in Chinese once. I almost didn't believe what I was hearing. I really can't imagine China ever have an entertainment industry like Japan's. As it is,they're the only ones who can go toe to toe with westerners in that regard.

That's only because Japan has been developed since the early 20th century. China is just getting started with investing large amounts into consumer industries like the media.

But it's starting to create high quality films, this will exponentially increase in the years to come. China today is already far ahead to where it was five years ago, that's how fast it's society is changing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsE2cB-ZhFw

Profileid
08-27-2016, 06:18 PM
That's only because Japan has been developed since the early 20th century. China is just getting started with investing large amounts into consumer industries like the media.

But it's starting to create high quality films, this will exponentially increase in the years to come. China today is already far ahead to where it was five years ago, that's how fast it's society is changing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsE2cB-ZhFw

That actually looks pretty cool. I hope they invest into localization like Japan did, I would be interested in seeing these come out here.

zhaoyun
08-27-2016, 06:28 PM
That actually looks pretty cool. I hope they invest into localization like Japan did, I would be interested in seeing these come out here.

Films like that would not have been produced five years ago, but now they are being produced because China now has the artists who have the skills, and more importantly, the market and money to produce high quality films. It's really just the beginning, their media and pop industries are going to explode in the next ten years from animation, to film making to music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA0JVAeSibc

knowledge is king
08-27-2016, 06:29 PM
There is two particular reasons why Japan had succeed. It is a cheap credit and the protection from the United States. In the late 20th here was established major financial institutions, big banks, international companies and with them there was established American military bases.

In fact, Japan was used as a puppet against China. This is true story of success. Now South Korea heading the same way.
Without American protection this countries won't be that succesfull and prosperous as we see today.

zhaoyun
08-27-2016, 06:35 PM
There is two particular reasons why Japan had succeed. It is a cheap credit and the protection from the United States. In the late 20th here was established major financial institutions, big banks, international companies and with them there was established American military bases.

In fact, Japan was used as a puppet against China. This is true story of success. Now South Korea heading the same way.
Without American protection this countries won't be that succesfull and prosperous as we see today.

Well, Japan was already successful by World War II when it was an enemy of the US.

I give credit where it is due. The Japanese and Koreans are very intelligent, hard working people. But not any more than the Chinese are, that's why China. by virtue of its size will eventually accomplish things on a far larger scale than those two nations.

meninodeengenho
08-27-2016, 06:42 PM

China is the next superpower. In few years, China will be the largest GDP in the World. Also, Chinese influence around the world is growing.

Longbowman
08-27-2016, 07:42 PM

fucking degenerate.

knowledge is king
08-27-2016, 10:21 PM
China is the next superpower. In few years, China will be the largest GDP in the World. Also, Chinese influence around the world is growing.

I hope so. We all will benefit from strong China, although a major collapses are inevitable on the way, as it is more like one financial bubble now.

Europe and Us will fall down in the near future and Asia will rise up. Living standards across the world will be more equal, than it was a decades ago. I hope there will be a century of rich and prosperous Asia.

knowledge is king
08-27-2016, 11:00 PM
Definitely. Russia is just trying to maintain what it had, at this point. It's population is relatively small and declining, it has vast spaces that are under populated. It is not a major power in any consumer industries, and the areas where it is still advanced, military, space, industrial technologies are advantages it had under the Soviet Union which it is struggling to keep alive. Russia's best days are in the past during the Russian Empire and the USSR.

India has much greater potential, but it's society is still very backward in many segments, divided, and its government is ineffective in trying to mobilize its development.

In comparison, China's government and society are highly mobilized for industrialization and development.

Looking at the GDP growth of India and China, I am asking myself a question, what this idiots in russian government are doing at this time? Why a country so rich on natural resources can be so poor? The reason is that country organized and managed so uneffective. I do realize that even in the last ten years quality of life changed significantly. But for the further development there should be a significant changes in the country, but there is no people capable of making them, the current government team should go out of business, the financial elites should be jailed to achieve that. Actually people themselves do not want significant changes and they do not ready to live differently. We definitely can develop at the same rate that India doing now, but it is a pity that due to unqualified and corrupt government managers we are losing all chances.

zhaoyun
08-27-2016, 11:28 PM
Looking at the GDP growth of India and China, I am asking myself a question, what this idiots in russian government are doing at this time? Why a country so rich on natural resources can be so poor? The reason is that country organized and managed so uneffective. I do realize that even in the last ten years quality of life changed significantly. But for the further development there should be a significant changes in the country, but there is no people capable of making them, the current government team should go out of business, the financial elites should be jailed to achieve that. Actually people themselves do not want significant changes and they do not ready to live differently. We definitely can develop at the same rate that India doing now, but it is a pity that due to unqualified and corrupt government managers we are losing all chances.

Russia needs more population growth. If they are able to have a boost of population growth, I think Russia will be rapidly rising again.

Also, Russia should have a far higher standard of living than it does now considering the amount of resources it has.

knowledge is king
08-28-2016, 01:29 AM
Russia needs more population growth. If they are able to have a boost of population growth, I think Russia will be rapidly rising again.

Also, Russia should have a far higher standard of living than it does now considering the amount of resources it has.

In fact, the population of white Europeans is declining over the world. For instance, in the US numbers of white Americans are declining the same as in Europe. The growth in that countries can be achieved only due to immigration. It means that US population is growing only because the share of Hispanics and Asians is growing, but numbers of whites is declining at the same time. The population of Russia in this case can be raised significantly by migrants from ex-USSR republics. But government instead of simplify this process made it almost impossible with significant barriers for central Asians and Caucasians. Because there is a prejudice among Russians towards migrants, they considered as not trusted. But America is an opposite case, that is considered as pure country of migrants. Once Trump promised to build a wall on the border with Mexico, but Putin had already done it.

I can pick one another problem, that Russia is extremely centralized country with no mobility of population. While the economic success based upon decentralization of population and high mobility of labor. The main reason that US and China efficient is due to spatial homogeneity of country and developed infrastructure that allows fast and efficient mobility of labor. But Russia is organized so wrong, where is 20% of country lives in one giant megacity and all entire companies and banks located in it, then it mixed together with poorly developed infrastructure and zero mobility of labor between cities.

Answering the question, "why China is developing, but Russia is not?" I am starting to think that the reason of described bad management is due to mentality of people, that is based on east European mentality. It is a well known that actions of eastern Europeans can be characterized by foolishness and non prudence that respects mostly soulfulness and spiritual values, but disrespects assets and material values. But Chinese mentality is absolutely opposite, that is pragmatic and non individualistic, that respects only money and wealth.

meninodeengenho
08-28-2016, 01:49 AM

Actually is the same with Brazil. We have many natural resources, but somehow we are fucked up.

Mortimer
08-28-2016, 01:53 AM
awesome i love such docus