PDA

View Full Version : Putin now more popular than Merkel in Czech Republic – German media

Loki
08-26-2016, 11:57 PM
Putin now more popular than Merkel in Czech Republic – German media (https://www.rt.com/politics/357295-putin-becomes-more-popular-than/)

https://img.rt.com/files/2016.08/original/57c02f9fc46188a3378b4578.jpg

Vladimir Putin’s popularity in the Czech Republic has surged and could now be higher than that of Angela Merkel, who has seen steadily falling ratings, German mass media report, referring to data from recent opinion polls.

Die Welt newspaper reported that just a year ago more than 70 percent of Czechs said they trusted the German chancellor. But a recent poll conducted in connection with Merkel’s ongoing visit to the republic showed that the level of support has plunged to just 18 percent.

The outlet noted that Czechs’ attitude to Russian President Vladimir Putin could now be better than towards Merkel.

Die Welt writes that this is surprising given the recent history of Russian-Czech relations and the forthcoming anniversary of the events of the so-called Prague Spring– the Soviet invasion in then-Czechoslovakia in 1968 that stopped an attempt to bring about liberal reforms.

Die Welt said the main reason for the German leader’s declining popularity could lie in Merkel’s “hospitality policy” leading to an influx of refugees to Europe from the Middle East and Africa. Another reason could be in the rhetoric used by Czech President Milos Zeman, who has relentlessly pointed out that the migration policy pursued by Germany and the EU as a whole is a mistake.

Earlier this week, the Czech president told a group of diplomats that he was against the economic sanctions imposed on Russia by Western nations, adding that the experience of the US embargo on Cuba had proved that such measures are ineffective.

In early July this year, Zeman said he wanted his nation to hold a referendum on EU and NATO membership, adding that he personally did not support an EU exit but considered it important for the people to have a say on the issue.

In 2014, the Czech president urged the EU to accept the Crimean Republic’s accession into the Russian Federation, saying that no one should expect the region’s return to Ukraine in the foreseeable future.

JanPulja
08-27-2016, 12:00 AM
Syphilis is better than AIDS?

Dick
08-27-2016, 12:02 AM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4408559/tumblr_n51xmsLat11s7n71mo1_1280__1_.png

meninodeengenho
08-27-2016, 12:03 AM
I heard from a Slovakian that Putin is quite popular there. I think it is a tendence in Central Europe. He said most of Slovakian nationalists loves Putin, and some even want Russia to invade Slovakia (lol, what perfect nationalists).

Leo Iscariot
08-27-2016, 12:07 AM
There's a lot about Putin I disagree with - but I have to say that I'd actually prefer him to Dumbshit Trump and Shillary Clinton.

Tschaikisten
08-27-2016, 12:14 AM
Putin now more popular than Merkel in Czech Republic – German media (https://www.rt.com/politics/357295-putin-becomes-more-popular-than/)

It's because Czech people don't like leftist pieces of shit like frau Merkel :).

ЛыSSый
08-27-2016, 12:19 AM
swear, even in germany putin is more popular than Merkel

Bezprym
08-29-2016, 06:03 PM
It doesn't make Putin more popular, but rather less disliked.

RN97
08-29-2016, 06:05 PM
I think that Czechs need to be liberated from Russian tyranny by forcing them to remain in the EU and installing some more US military bases there.

Loki
08-29-2016, 08:36 PM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4408559/tumblr_n51xmsLat11s7n71mo1_1280__1_.png

This map actually gets me thinking... current political struggles make sense in the greater prelude to the next global conflict. Basically, the defense of Russia, and the offensive capabilities, at least initially depends on having a strong Western front. To that end, the countries at the frontline will be strategically important to hold, or conquer. This could explain the conflicts in Georgia, Ukraine (especially Crimea) and Syria. And this actually reveals that Turkey is strategically very important. If Putin could convince Erdogan to join the SCO and leave NATO, it would be a major diplomatic victory. In fact, I doubt America would allow it without war.

щрбл
08-29-2016, 08:40 PM
It is funny how Putin is popular only in the countries not bordering Russia. I wonder what the Balts or the Ukrainians would say about that. :rolleyes:

Loki
08-29-2016, 08:42 PM
It is funny how Putin is popular only in the countries not bordering Russia. I wonder what the Balts or the Ukrainians would say about that. :rolleyes:

Well, the part of Ukraine that borders Russia is very pro-Putin. So is Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan.

щрбл
08-29-2016, 08:47 PM
Well, the part of Ukraine that borders Russia is very pro-Putin. So is Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan.

I obviously meant places where one could freely and without being intimidated conduct surveys of this kind. :D

Mikula
08-29-2016, 08:55 PM
I think that Czechs need to be liberated from Russian tyranny by forcing them to remain in the EU and installing some more US military bases there.

Idea of Czexit (Czech-out ?) is not so much popular, here, not even among the most of eurosceptics. But the increasing arrogance of Juncker, Merkel, etc., puring the oil to the fire.
I dont agree with several steps of Putin (Crimea for example), but he did it for the interests of his home country. But a lot of European leaders did steps what are harmful for their countries, and European Union, at all. Thanks to their arrogance, EU lost the United Kingdom.
Putin works against the EU, but he is not a leader of EU country. When the leaders of EU countries works against the intersts of their peoples, it is worse.

Loki
08-29-2016, 09:00 PM
I obviously meant places where one could freely and without being intimidated conduct surveys of this kind. :D

Putin is admired worldwide and popular globally. He is considered to be the most powerful person on earth, and his domestic approval ratings are also the highest in the world.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
08-29-2016, 09:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPtMiY96cMg