PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Yugoslavia (Ex-Yugoslavs especially)

Mortimer
08-27-2016, 01:25 AM
Isnt Yugoslavia a similar case to Germany? After the third years war between catholics and protestants the Holy German Empire was split in many smaller kingdoms, the north is mostly protestant and the south mostly catholic. But they reunited again. Why Yugoslavia was not as succesful?

Tschaikisten
08-27-2016, 01:26 AM
We are the best :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeZR5vK6qZ0

GoneWithTheWind
08-27-2016, 01:37 AM
it's nothing like Germany. It was forced upon the population. Different groups of people rather than religious wars. Or should I say own ethnic groups. Not to mention the mostly Albanian inhabited areas that were illegally incorporated into Serbia and then later Yugoslavia.

Croats even used to speak a different language before Yugoslavia.

Mortimer
08-27-2016, 01:39 AM
it's nothing like Germany. It was forced upon the population. Different groups of people. Croats even used to speak a different language before Yugoslavia.

I dont think croats spoke a different language, thats nonsense. They spoke only another dialect of the same language and with some other words, the only language which is really different is slovenian and maybe macedonian (not the serbian version).

GoneWithTheWind
08-27-2016, 01:42 AM
I dont think croats spoke a different language, thats nonsense. They spoke only another dialect of the same language and with some other words, the only language which is really different is slovenian and maybe macedonian (not the serbian version).

None of those countries were part of the same country before unless we are talking empires that conquered. These people had their own identity. Some communists formed Yugoslavia as if the population in these countries agreed and as if was voted for?

Tschaikisten
08-27-2016, 01:43 AM
Some communists formed Yugoslavia as if the population in these countries agreed and as if was voted for?
:picard2:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugoslavia#Background

Dick
08-27-2016, 01:44 AM

not sure if he's actually low IQ or playing dumb.

Mortimer
08-27-2016, 01:45 AM
None of those countries were part of the same country before unless we are talking empires that conquered. These people had their own identity. Some communists formed Yugoslavia as if the population in these countries agreed and as if was voted for?

yougoslavia existed before communism, in kingdom of yugoslavia. and many croats back then before the formation of the first yugoslavia etc. wanted yugoslavia and there was a movement called pan-slavism, but later they got pissed off with serbs, but not in the beginning.

GoneWithTheWind
08-27-2016, 01:48 AM

Lol you learn your history from Wikipedia... Ask Albanian s.. Croats.. bosniaks or even Serbs at that time if they wanted to be part of Yugoslavia.. Or even Macedonians.. Fyrom was incorporated into Yugoslavia because Serbia occupied it. So was Kosovo.

Tschaikisten
08-27-2016, 01:49 AM
Lol you learn your history from Wikipedia

Wut? So, according to your logic Kingdom of Yugoslavia and idea about country of southern Slavs didn't exist before communism?! Just because I posted Wiki link?!

GoneWithTheWind
08-27-2016, 01:53 AM
yougoslavia existed before communism, in kingdom of yugoslavia. and many croats back then before the formation of the first yugoslavia etc. wanted yugoslavia and there was a movement called pan-slavism, but later they got pissed off with serbs, but not in the beginning.

It was first called Kingdom of Croats, Serbs and slovenes etc then came yugoslavia.

The people who created Yugoslavia or these kingdoms were the same shit as communists

Sebastianus Rex
08-27-2016, 02:20 AM
Because multiculturalism doesn't work, it never did.

Multicultural states have usually a comparatively short life span.

Dick
08-27-2016, 02:23 AM
Because multiculturalism doesn't work, it never did.

Multicultural states have usually a comparatively short life span.

spain, belgium, switzerland, italy, germany...EU

GoneWithTheWind
08-27-2016, 02:23 AM
Wut? So, according to your logic Kingdom of Yugoslavia and idea about country of southern Slavs didn't exist before communism?! Just

What its saying is absolutely bullshit. I've stopped reading Wikipedia because there is so much bullshit in it. Disputed when you pick up a real book. Not everything you need to know stands in Wikipedia. Serbia has always been pro Yugoslavia and were the brains behind it. Some regions were incorporated into Yugoslavia without the consent of those people that lived there. Therefore yugoslavia is not a good idea. There will always be nationalism were people will disagree. These type of nationalism formed before Yugoslavia. Serbian nationallism formed in the 19th century inspired by serbian writers at that time about Stefan dusans empire. Albanian nationalism formed at that time too and so did other type of nationalism in the Balkans. The breakup of Yugoslavia was bound to happen because nationalism formed before even Yugoslavia existed.

The illyrian movement or pan Slav movement did not have much support compared to the nationalism I'm talking about. I'm not gonna go into details about it. Because you as a Serb will of course get offended

Methmatician
08-27-2016, 02:50 AM
Needed more communism, less ethnonationalism.

caviezel
08-27-2016, 05:22 AM
I've been to Croatia and I've never seen so many trees and uncontaminated nature in my life. they really need to deforest and pollute a bit their land if they really want to become a fully western nation.