PDA

View Full Version : Social workers hand grankids to gay men for adoption

Vulpix
01-28-2009, 09:26 AM
'They say we're too old to care for our grandchildren': Social workers hand brother and sister to gay men for adoption

Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1130066/They-say-old-care-grandchildren-Social-workers-hand-brother-sister-gay-men-adoption.html): Two young children are to be adopted by a gay couple, despite the protests of their grandparents.

The devastated grandparents were told they would never see the youngsters again unless they dropped their opposition.

The couple, who cannot be named, wanted to give the five-year-old boy and his four-year-old sister a loving home themselves. But they were ruled to be too old - at 46 and 59.

For two years they fought for their rights to care for the children, whose 26-year- old mother is a recovering heroin addict.

They agreed to an adoption only after they faced being financially crippled by legal bills.

The final blow came when they were told the children were going to a gay household, even though several heterosexual couples wanted them.

When the grandfather protested, he was told: 'You can either accept it, and there's a chance you'll see the children twice a year, or you can take that stance and never see them again.'

The man said last night: 'It breaks my heart to think that our grandchildren are being forced to grow up in an environment without a mother figure. We are not prejudiced, but I defy anyone to explain to us how this can be in their best interests.'

Social workers themselves have admitted that the little girl is 'more wary' of men than women.

The case, in Edinburgh, raises worrying issues about state interference in family life.

It will also fuel concern over the practice of gay adoption, which has been promoted by Left-wing ministers and council bosses.

Some local authorities forbid adoption by smokers and obese people but actively support gay fostering and adoption - even though research shows overwhelmingly that children are best brought up by a mother and father.

The grandparents first stepped in because the children's mother was unable to look after them.

But council social workers became worried that the grandparents' ages and health problems meant they would also be unable to care for the children properly.

The 59-year-old grandfather, a farm worker, has angina while his wife is receiving medication for diabetes.

The children were taken into foster care during the two years of court hearings.

When the grandparents eventually conceded defeat, they were assured by social workers that they would still have regular contact with them.

The fostering arrangement worked well, but the council decided that the children should be adopted, to give them a permanent home.

The grandparents agreed - as long as they could be assured that the adoptive parents would be a loving mother and father.

The couple were then told an adoption had been arranged - but the grandfather 'hit the roof' when he discovered that the adoptive parents were two gay men.

Social workers dealing with the case admitted that heterosexual couples who were approved as adoptive parents had also been keen to adopt the children.

The decision was taken even though a confidential social work report - now part of the court records held by the grandparents - contained that the little girl is generally not as happy around men.

The report says she 'has tended to be more wary of males in general.'

Her grandparents insist they are not homophobic.

But they reject the view of social workers that the decision to allow the gay couple to adopt the children was made 'in accordance with who can best meet their needs.'

When they made their opposition clear, however, the couple were told that social workers would 'certainly look' at allowing them access to the children 'when you are able to come back with an open mind on the issues'.

The grandfather was told by a social worker: 'If you couldn't support the children [in the gay adoption], if you were having contact and couldn't support the children, and were showing negative feelings, it wouldn't be in their best interests for contact to take place.'

He said last night: 'The ideal for any child is to have a loving father and a loving mother in their lives.

'But in our society the mother is generally the cornerstone of the family and the most important person for a young child.'

His wife added: 'It's so important for children to fit in, and I feel our grandchildren will be marked out from the start when they draw pictures of their two dads.'

The last time the couple saw their grandchildren was shortly after the agreement for them to be adopted but before the decision to place them with a gay couple.

They took dozens of photographs and tried, for the sake of the youngsters, not to break down.

'Granny, I'm not going to see you for a very long time,' said the five-year-old boy. 'Maybe when I'm in Primary Seven I'll be able to see you.'

'We'll try our very hardest to see you soon,' said his grandmother, choking back tears.

The boy told his grandfather: 'Grandad, if you want to see me you will have to pick me up because I will be a very long way away.'
Then he added innocently: 'We are getting a new mummy and daddy.'

A spokesman for the Roman Catholic church condemned the council's decision last night, warning that the children's welfare could be jeopardised.

He added: 'This is a devastating decision which will have a serious impact on the welfare of the children involved.

'There is an overwhelming body of evidence showing that same-sex relationships are inherently unstable and reduce the life expectancy of those involved.

'The social work department have deliberately ignored evidence which undermines their decision and opted for politically-correct posturing rather than providing stability and protection for the children.'

The City of Edinburgh Council said last night that it could not comment on individual cases.

Adoption by gay couples in Scotland was approved by MSPs in 2006 - despite an official consultation process which showed that nearly 90 per cent of people opposed it.

Skandi
01-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Why one wonders so even though couples older than them have their own children they are considerd unsuitable? Idiots, my grandmother nearly adopted me and she would have been 54, absolute idiocy.

Lady L
01-28-2009, 01:23 PM
I really can't believe this. :mad: Just like Thrymheim said...many people are having kids later in life now...I thought 40 was the new 30...:confused:

If I were the grandparent I'd be raising hell, I'd be suing ...these terms do not seem to be bad enough to remove the children and given to gays..?? WTF :confused:

I don't hate gays at all...but I feel they should not be able to adopt. If it is 2 lesbians and one decides to have children that is alot more acceptable to me ...even just looking at it from the stand point that it is 2 women...but 2 men...I can not stand that thought. :rolleyes:

This story is outrageous and I hope someone does something about it.

Beorn
01-28-2009, 01:52 PM
'Granny, I'm not going to see you for a very long time,' said the five-year-old boy. 'Maybe when I'm in Primary Seven I'll be able to see you.'

'We'll try our very hardest to see you soon,' said his grandmother, choking back tears.

The boy told his grandfather: 'Grandad, if you want to see me you will have to pick me up because I will be a very long way away.'
Then he added innocently: 'We are getting a new mummy and daddy.'

That would tear my heart into four pieces. How fucking dare they do that to a family!
Not only have they denigrated the foundation of the family, but they elevate the worthiness of homosexuals.

Aemma
01-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Oh my Gods this is soooooooo very wrong on so many levels. How devastating for those children. Stuff like this makes me fume!! :mad:

Speaking as a 46 year old myself, I object to some 'state' saying that I would be too old to care for my own flesh and blood, even if I had diabetes. Diabetics these days have opportunities to live much longer lives given the medical treatments we have today. And at 46, c'mon, it's not like you have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Holy mackerel!! And this woman's spouse who is only 59 years old. Sheesh! Some men start to father their own at that age, and healthy children too!

But more importantly it maddens me that the social services office in this case has placed absolutely no value on the benefits of the composition of a traditional family unit: mom, dad and kids. And that there were heterosexual couples that even offered to adopt both children is in itself a boon. Unfortunately, in the adoption business, many families are torn apart, siblings separated, because some couples don't seem intent on having a ready-made family.

And this little girl...oh my gods...who is going to show her the ways of and support her through girlhood and womanhood? Men? Give me a break! Though I know that there are some men out there who would be able to do a good job of raising a daughter (and I'm thinking about the wonderful man that I married here :)), I'm sorry but in the grand scheme of things, a girl needs a significant female figure in her life. Just as a boy needs a significant male figure too. And that this little girl is going to be separated from her grandmother by force. And that this little girl already has a skewed image of what a mother/woman/daughter can be, given that her own mother is a drug addict. What of the life of this little girl?

And all of this--this horrible decision made by strangers which will have such a huge impact on the lives of these children--caving in to the liberal agenda to appease the 'needs' of a gay couple as opposed to the needs of the really vulnerable and the ones whose needs should be top priority in this case, these children.

This is all so very distressing. It makes me flipping mad and ashamed of what my former profession has come down to, one of so-called 'educated' puppets acting without conscience.

:mad:...Aemma

Ĉmeric
01-28-2009, 06:42 PM
I'll turn 47 this year, my youngest will be 5. I certainly a fitter parent then a couple of teenagers getting by on welfare in the ghetto or barrio.

The problem evident in Britain & some US states is that certain welfare agencies (along with many other gatekeeper institutions) have been taken over by cultural marxists who abuse their authorities to reshape what is normal, for example taking small children away from their biological parents to raised by a gay couple in a warped new age idea of what is a family.:rolleyes2: Which would seem to the primary reason for taking the children, to give a homosexual couple a chance to play daddy & daddy. And gay activists do themselves no favor by advocating for this "right", what they actually do is increase opposition to their lifestyle by making it a matter of public concern.

Vargtand
01-28-2009, 06:52 PM
46 and 59 to old? reall? my grandfather was 50 when my father was born.. sure my grandmother was 14 years younger but still..

It's a crying shame that there are no laws against conducting social experiments on children (had there been the Swedish government would be imprisoned years ago:P) I think this is sad...

Vulpix
02-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Multimillionaire to fund grandparents fighting gay adoption bid
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/mailonsunday/article-1133115/Tycoon-backs-grandparents-fighting-gay-adoption-bid.html)
A multi-millionaire is funding a legal challenge to halt the controversial adoption of two young children by a gay couple.

In a move brokered by the Catholic Church in Scotland, the businessman has agreed to help meet the legal costs of a court bid to block plans to hand the brother and sister to two men.

The Mail on Sunday can reveal that a top law firm has been instructed to help the grandparents of the children, whom social workers ruled were too old, at 46 and 59, to offer a loving home.

With the support of the benefactor and the Catholic Church, the family hope the move will quickly lead to a judicial review of Edinburgh City Council’s decision to remove the four-year-old girl and her five-year-old brother from their family.

The tycoon, who has requested anonymity, was among a group of businessmen considering offering the family financial support after the adoption plans were revealed last week.

His offer has received the ‘moral backing’ of the Catholic Church, which is fundamentally opposed to gay adoptions.

Last night a spokesman for the Church said: ‘As well as the moral issue there is also a legal question, which needs to be explored. Lawyers will be taking this forward with the family.

‘Allowing two men to adopt children against the wishes of their grandparents who want to care for them is positively wicked.’

The development comes after the devastated grandparents, who cannot be named for legal reasons, made an official complaint to council bosses.

They have claimed they were warned they would never see the children again unless they dropped their opposition to the adoption, and again threatened with the same fate for speaking out publicly.

The family claim they have been victims of ‘bullying’ social workers and politically-correct manipulation.

The devoted couple had fought for two years for the right to care for their grandchildren, whose 26-year-old mother is a recovering heroin addict.

They agreed to an adoption only after they faced being financially crippled by legal bills and were promised continued contact with the children.

But they were devastated when they were told the children were going to be placed with a homosexual couple.

There were several heterosexual couples on the council’s books willing to offer a loving home – leading to suggestions that the council was operating a politically-correct quota system.

The move flew in the face of social-work reports that show the girl is ‘wary’ of men.

Last night the grandmother broke down in tears when told of the mystery benefactor’s desire to help block the adoption.

She said: ‘I can’t believe anyone would do that for us. We are so grateful.’

Her husband, a farm worker, added: ‘Because of the generosity of a stranger, we might have a chance to put things right, not only for our family but for others who are put in this position.’

Treffie
02-01-2009, 11:17 PM
(Original post)

This is so wrong.

Beorn
04-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Family in 11th-hour legal battle to halt brothers' adoption by gay couple

Two young brothers face adoption by a gay couple despite the desperate protests of their mother, grandparents and extended family.

The grandparents, an aunt and an uncle have all offered to give the boys, aged six and nine, a loving home but they say social workers have turned them down without explanation.

In the past few days the boys were introduced to the male couple in preparation for a formal adoption next month. But yesterday, in what is thought to be the first case of its kind, the children's middle-class family began an 11th-hour legal battle to halt the adoption.

Source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1167209/Family-11th-hour-legal-battle-halt-brothers-adoption-gay-couple.html)