PDA

View Full Version : Do Spanish people dress similar to Americans?

Myanthropologies
09-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Today in my college's dining hall, I saw a group of girls who looked like ordinary white american girls, but then they started speaking spanish, and my friend said that those must be the foreign exchange kids from Spain. A lot of them were dressed very American like and I had no idea they were foreign till they opened their mouth. Also, I saw a lot of blonde haired and light eyed kids in the group of them as well. They fit very well with the "anglo" type of American whites. It could have been that one of the girls was simply wearing a t shirt with a paw print and our schools name on it with gym shorts, and a few others were dressed in athletic clothes, but even the casually dressed ones were American styles.

I ask this because usually it is not even hard to tell the British or French students apart from the American ones, but the Spanish blend in well for some reason.

Ibericus
09-03-2016, 06:37 PM
Maybe they adopted the style while in America ¿

Myanthropologies
09-04-2016, 03:23 AM
Maybe they adopted the style while in America ¿

Maybe. Idk. It was just so weird! I wouldn't have expected Spaniards to blend in with white americans the most, style wise.

alpha
09-04-2016, 03:25 AM
Every Spanish woman is a feminist... just like American women.

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-04-2016, 03:48 AM
I remember as a kid they used to wear tight jeans and I thought, "what a bunch of fags..." But trying to think about it now I just draw a blank. I haven't been in Spain in 2 years. Actually, exactly 2 years to this day I was in Spain for two weeks.

JBoscherville
09-04-2016, 04:08 AM
Everywhere dresses like Americans, you're the cultural hub of the world. If you do something most other places will too.