PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Custom Tailored Suit Shops

zhaoyun
09-18-2016, 05:02 PM
Every gentleman needs their own custom tailored suit. Before you blow $4000 on some run of the mill custom suit, seriously consider going to Hong Kong, where century old custom tailored shops run by generations of Punjabi immigrants can create your own custom tailored suit along the highest standards of traditional British wear, at a fraction of the cost. Typically you can have a high end suit created for $1000 and even within 24 hours. Businessmen, celebrities and even world leaders including many US presidents have had their suits made here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX-eGswqc1c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnF0ER-XMus

Kazimiera
09-18-2016, 05:53 PM
Excellent! It pains me to know how much Stears must be paying for his suits. This would take the financial burden off him. ;)

zhaoyun
09-18-2016, 05:56 PM
Excellent! It pains me to know how much Stears must be paying for his suits. This would take the financial burden off him. ;)

I'm 100% sure Stears doesn't have custom suits, and definitely not of this caliber.

Neither do I btw, but I am going to Hong Kong in a couple months and will have a couple made.

Profileid
09-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Interesting. I can't imagine how much they'd try to charge for the same thing in the US

zhaoyun
09-18-2016, 06:11 PM
Interesting. I can't imagine how much they'd try to charge for the same thing in the US

For the same quality, crafstmanship and product, roughly $4000 and up. Everything's a rip off.

I have known people who actually fly to Hong Kong or Shanghai for a weekend trip just to have suits made or to purchase high end items that are a fraction of the prices here.

Kamal900
09-18-2016, 06:14 PM
For the same quality, crafstmanship and product, roughly $4000 and up. Everything's a rip off.

I have known people who actually fly to Hong Kong or Shanghai for a weekend trip just to have suits made or to purchase high end items that are a fraction of the prices here.

Tailor suits here are actually far more cheaper than in the western world. The perfect suit here usually costs between 250 to 1000 dollars.

Profileid
09-18-2016, 06:20 PM

That's the problem with how the economy is structured in the US.
Salespeople will be annoyingly friendly to you,but expect to get a product that's absolute shit unless you pay out the ass for it.

zhaoyun
09-18-2016, 06:30 PM
That's the problem with how the economy is structured in the US.
Salespeople will be annoyingly friendly to you,but expect to get a product that's absolute shit unless you pay out the ass for it.

That's why people fly into Hong Kong just to get suits made.

There are several well renown custom tailored suit shops in the city, some of them established for a century, many but not all of them run by Punjabis who have been doing it for generations. They provide excellent service, tailor the suits to the highest of British standards, and you are paying a fraction of the cost.

So if you have two of such suits made in the US, it'd cost $8000. If you fly to Hong Kong, that costs like $800, you can have two made, about $2000 or even less, and be way ahead several of thousands and have a great 5 day vacation.

Oneeye
09-18-2016, 06:36 PM
I'm 100% sure Stears doesn't have custom suits, and definitely not of this caliber.

Neither do I btw, but I am going to Hong Kong in a couple months and will have a couple made.

No way that oaf has any bespoken suits, he looks like a coathanger. xD

I would probably choose Hong Kong over Savile Row, but I'm a yokel and only occasionally even wear a sports coat. xD I've only recently began to get all my button down shirts tailored and holy crap does it make a difference in how good it feels to put them on. i just have them brought in on the sides.

frankhammer
09-18-2016, 06:38 PM
It's the nature of business. I could easily drop 20-35% off my prices saving clients 3-10k$ but no one else does and this is the cream that allows me the nice things in life.

And no one is complaining here.

zhaoyun
09-18-2016, 06:43 PM
No way that oaf has any bespoken suits, he looks like a coathanger. xD

I would probably choose Hong Kong over Savile Row, but I'm a yokel and only occasionally even wear a sports coat. xD I've only recently began to get all my button down shirts tailored and holy crap does it make a difference in how good it feels to put them on. i just have them brought in on the sides.

I dont usually get custom tailored stuff either, just costs way too much and I can get decent looking and inexpensive fitted shirts and pull that off, so why bother. This is probably the first time I'm getting custom tailored suits because some people were telling me about it, and just figured I'd share some of these videos I was looking at.

BTW, a ticket to HK from any Western US city like SF or Seattle is only about $800 so though it sounds far, it's not really all that expensive.

Linebacker
09-18-2016, 06:44 PM
I want me one of those.My problem everytime with suit jackets is that I have broad shoulders and at the same time a thin waist.

If I get one to fit me in the shoulders its way too loose in the waist,if I get one that fits my waist I will rip it up top with even the slightest movement.Custom tailored is the only thing that works for me.

щрбл
09-18-2016, 06:53 PM
I'm amazed people still wear those nasty things... blaargh. :rolleyes:

Oneeye
09-18-2016, 06:58 PM
I dont usually get custom tailored stuff either, just costs way too much and I can get decent looking and inexpensive fitted shirts and pull that off, so why bother. This is probably the first time I'm getting custom tailored suits because some people were telling me about it, and just figured I'd share some of these videos I was looking at.

BTW, a ticket to HK from any Western US city like SF or Seattle is only about $800 so though it sounds far, it's not really all that expensive.

i buy fitted as well. ive had to recently get all new shirts though, up in size due to a larger neck size ( that and when i was sized a couple years ago, the store employee gave me the wrong sleeve length.. )

anyways, i only get stuff at discounts, and it costs me $15 to have the sides brought in on a shirt, and pick it back up the following week.

zhaoyun
09-18-2016, 06:59 PM
i buy fitted as well. ive had to recently get all new shirts though, up in size due to a larger neck size ( that and when i was sized a couple years ago, the store employee gave me the wrong sleeve length.. )

anyways, i only get stuff at discounts, and it costs me $15 to have the sides brought in on a shirt, and pick it back up the following week.

It's such a huge difference wearing a fitted shirt vs an unfitted, and the ladies definitely notice.

Oneeye
09-18-2016, 07:03 PM
It's such a huge difference wearing a fitted shirt vs an unfitted, and the ladies definitely notice.

i buy fitted, and then get them brought in. and oh yeah do they notice. xD I also dont have the urge to be constantly adjusting the tuck in.

♥ Lily ♥
09-18-2016, 07:10 PM
It sounds like Hong Kong's equivalent of London's Savile Row which has a long history of family businesses producing gentlemen's tailored suits and briefcases, but a fraction of the price. :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savile_Row