PDA

View Full Version : Buddhist temple firebombed in Turku, Finland

Eldritch
09-11-2010, 07:55 PM
A Buddhist temple under construction in Turku was the target of an arson attack Friday. According to emergency service workers, while the walls and ceiling of the building were burnt, prompt action prevented further damage.

Sources say that it's not the first time the temple has been vandalised. The building is a project of the Vietnamese Buddhist Community in Finland. According to Ari Vuokko, vice president of the organization, Buddhist families have been the target of many attacks and Friday’s act of vandalism has frightened the community.

In the wee hours of Friday night, fire was set to the walls and ceiling of the Heart of the Lotus Buddhist temple located in Turku’s Moisio district. However, quick action by emergency service workers prevented further damage. On duty fire chief Marko Ahtiviki said that there were clear signs of arson on the scene.

News of the arson attack reached Vuokko on Saturday morning, before he had had the opportunity to visit the scene. He speculated on the cost of the damage on the basis of photographs published on various news websites, estimating that the cost of the damage could run into tens of thousands of euros.

“The scorching is very unfortunate. There are burn marks on the ceiling of a building that’s more than ten metres high, so there must have been quite a fire going. We will have to negotiate with the building contractors and the insurance company to decide on what to do next. Will we have to rebuild the entire support structure? At least so far it doesn’t seem so,” Vuokko conjectured.

The organisation’s deputy head declared that there would be a demand for substantial compensation from the perpetrator or perpetrators, if they were found.

Finland’s first Buddhist temple has been under construction for some years, funded primarily by donations from the community. Last summer the roof was put in place, while the wooden frame and tile roof covers are ready.

“This is shocking and worrisome. Do worshippers dare use this temple, can people practice their faith in Finland?”

Recent Acts of Vandalism

Vandals have used the construction site as their playground for some time. Just weeks ago, windproofing panels on the outer walls were punctured, while a temporary altar in the building’s interior was desecrated. At the same time the perpetrators also attempted to set fire to some books. Threatening messages have also been left in the area, as recently as last Friday night.

“Swastika signs had been drawn on nearby traffic signs, creating a sinister effect. I don’t know whether this is related to the September 11 anniversary, or some kind of celebration but it feels rather threatening, and this makes me feel ashamed of being Finnish,” said Ari Vuokko.

Vuokko said that the repeated attacks have bewildered members of the Vietnamese community, but this has been tempered with gratification at the surprising compassion displayed by well wishers and sympathisers in discussion fora.

“The compassion has really been a big surprise, but these hate crimes are entirely baffling. And unfortunately we must describe these acts as hate crimes. We have no other option but to try and inspire understanding, this has been the main Buddhist strategy to bring calm to the situation,”

On Saturday community members gathered to consider what to do next. The religious community was established in 1998 by Vietnamese resident in Finland and comprises some 200 families.

Link. (http://yle.fi/uutiset/news/2010/09/arsonists_strike_vietnamese_buddhist_temple_in_tur ku_1973474.html)

I'd be willing to bet a significant sum that this a false flag operation of some sort. Those swastikas spray-painted on "nearby traffic signs" are as dead a give-away as can be.

The Lawspeaker
09-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Evidently false flag. It's simply too much of a give away.

Stygian Cellarius
09-11-2010, 08:46 PM
“Swastika signs had been drawn on nearby traffic signs, creating a sinister effect. I don’t know whether this is related to the September 11 anniversary, or some kind of celebration but it feels rather threatening, and this makes me feel ashamed of being Finnish,” said Ari Vuokko.

We see these kind of comments all the time. The "shame phenomenon" that we see manifest all throughout are race, but only in response to specific ideologies. Which to me, proves further that it is by design.

You never hear anyone profess they are ashamed to be a member of their ethnicity/Nation if a serial killer was discovered amongst their own countrymen.
You never hear the right-wing profess any shame do to the acts of the left-wing — any act!
You never hear it in response to any act, no matter how horrible, unless it is an act not aligned with the tenets of Cultural Marxism (and its descendants). In this case, you will see this word "shame" pop up again and again.

Eldritch
09-11-2010, 08:53 PM
We see these kind of comments all the time. The "shame phenomenon" that we see manifest all throughout are race, but only in response to specific ideologies. Which to me, proves further that it is by design.

You never hear anyone profess they are ashamed to be a member of their ethnicity/Nation if a serial killer was discovered amongst their own countrymen.
You never hear the right-wing profess any shame do to the acts of the left-wing — any act!
You never hear it in response to any act, no matter how horrible, unless it is an act not aligned with the tenets of Cultural Marxism (and its descendants). In this case, you will see this word "shame" pop up again and again.

It's this guy's clueless commentary that makes me feel ashamed, not the act itself.

The attempted arson is of course despicable and simply idiotic, but do I need to be ashamed of it? I wasn't involved, and I haven't promoted or attempted to promote a mindset in our society where such deplorable acts are acceptable. That ought to be enough.

Nobody, and I do mean nobody in this country, not even hard-core neo-Nazis, have a problem with Buddhists or the handful of Vietnamese immigrants here. Either this is an Antifa false flag action, or the adherents of The Religion of Peace at work.

The Ripper
09-11-2010, 09:32 PM
It could of course be 15-year old moped-riding badasses from vocational school having a fun night out.

Eldritch
09-11-2010, 09:34 PM
It could of course be 15-year old moped-riding badasses from vocational school having a fun night out.

Well, this was in Turku, after all, so I guess that is a possibility.

Motörhead Remember Me
09-16-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm ashamed for all moped riding 15 year olds.

Like Eldritch said, the Buddhist Thais and Vietnamese is the last group of peoples I'd prioritize to get omboard the ship away from here. We have several eastern European peoples who need to be shipped a.s.a.p.

Oh yeah, and some teenagers...

Motörhead Remember Me
09-16-2010, 10:43 AM
I'd be willing to bet a significant sum that this a false flag operation of some sort. Those swastikas spray-painted on "nearby traffic signs" are as dead a give-away as can be.

Actually they are not. It leads to the nearest playground where they usually hang out and break the childrens swing and from there to the nearest school...

Motörhead Remember Me
09-17-2010, 06:23 AM
Imagine the wonderful irony here:
Buddhist symbol
http://edhird.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/buddhist-swastika.png?w=192&h=157
Anti-Buddhist symbol?
http://www.karjalainen.fi/Karjalainen/Uutiset_maakunta/6185178.jpg

RoyBatty
09-17-2010, 06:29 AM

Indeed. It always seems to be "one of us" who the press just "happens to find" who has this "I am ashamed" type attitude. One hardly ever sees "them" expressing "shame" for "their" supposed misdeeds.

"Shame" is a psychological ploy designed to undermine our confidence and make us compliant to their orders and will.

West Germany is an extreme example of this "shame psychology" controlled by the occupying parasites and their collaborators being taken to its extreme end.