PDA

View Full Version : Countries that can compete with the West

Profileid
09-19-2016, 06:34 PM
In terms of military,economy and society.
The only one I believe truly fits into this category is Japan.
While not initially on par with western powers during the feudal era, after having contacts with the Americans they realized how far behind they were in development and modernized and built up their military.Mostly without western help.
They were able to beat the Russians during the war with them in the 19th century and managed to hold their own on equal footing with the US in WWII.
Fast forward to today and they live in one of the most peaceful,highly developed and wealthy countries on earth. Beyond America and most of Europe even.
And they've been able to successfully export their technology and culture to a good portion of the world.
How many people drive a Toyota or Honda or have at least something made by Sony,Toshiba and so forth. Not to mention the popularity of Japanese culture with young westerners. That they have been able to exert soft power by cultural influence distinguishes them from Russia or China.

wvwvw
09-19-2016, 06:35 PM
Japan is ready to default

Ülev
09-19-2016, 06:36 PM
what about Albania? they are everywhere

Bezprym
09-19-2016, 06:36 PM
They were able to beat the Russians during the war with them in the 19th century

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT77XWum9yH7zNkFW0/giphy.gif

Profileid
09-19-2016, 06:37 PM
Japan is ready to default

Doesn't matter.

zhaoyun
09-19-2016, 06:37 PM
Maybe in 1940. Your perceptions are way outdated.

China's really the only nation state capable of being a peer competitor to the US.

wvwvw
09-19-2016, 06:39 PM
Korea too

Profileid
09-19-2016, 06:41 PM
Maybe in 1940. Your perceptions are way outdated.

China's really the only nation state capable of being a peer competitor to the US.
It has military and industrial power,but that is only one aspect of it. I'm talking about cultural influence and what companies from that country are actually able to produce.

Does China have any home developed car brands that have the market penetration of Honda,Mistubishi,Toyota or Mazda? People associate Japanese products with quality.
While Japan isn't in the state it was in the 1980s, it's still nothing to scoff at.

Ülev
09-19-2016, 06:42 PM
India and Bollywood industry then

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Japan doesn't have much of a military today but obviously they were a force to reckon with from the 1890s until the end of WW2. If the Japanese emperor hadn't listen to his generals instead of his admirals WW2 would have turned out differently for the Axis powers. The admirals wanted a war that would place them of highest importance (war with the US). The generals knew that would end in failure. They pushed for a war against the Soviets. It would have work perfectly with the Soviets having to fight on two fronts and the Japanese would have had the oil it needed. The US wouldn't have been attacked and so FDR's attempts at maneuvering the US into the war in Europe by provoking Germany's ally into attacking the US by not selling Japan oil and convincing other nations to not do so either wouldn't have worked.

Fractal
09-19-2016, 06:46 PM
India cannot compete with the west as a nation, but Indians can compete with westerners when they are living in the west, that I can 150% guarantee you.

Colonel Frank Grimes
Etain speaks very honorably.

Bezprym
By the way, what is considered "West" here?

zhaoyun
It has military and industrial power,but that is only one aspect of it. I'm talking about cultural influence and what companies from that country are actually able to produce.

Does China have any home developed car brands that have the market penetration of Honda,Mistubishi,Toyota or Mazda? People associate Japanese products with quality.
While Japan isn't in the state it was in the 1980s, it's still nothing to scoff at.

Based on socio-economic development, China is still far behind Japan and the West. So if you're just talking about per capita living standards, then I agree that Japan, S. Korea, Singapore, HK, Macau, Taiwan are probably the only industrialized states/regions which are comparable to the West.

But China is developing very fast and it is building these brands today. The situation's already very different from just two years ago. Huawei is the world's third largest smartphone company and Chinese brands dominate the top 10. DJI, is the world leader in drones. BGI Genomics is a world leader in it's field. BYD is the world's largest electric vehicle manufacturer and backed by Warren Buffet, although the auto industry is really the major industry where Japan is still ahead of China, China's government is quickly building the infrastructure for electric vehicles as they plan to use the development of EV's to leapfrog the traditional automakers.

Haier is the largest, if not, the largest white goods manufacturer in the world. Lenovo is one of the largest computer brands.

Basically in a ton of fields, China has already surpassed or is catching up to Japan. The reason why many of these brands are not well known in the US yet is because China's domestic market is so large, they haven't felt as dire a need to expand overseas as the Japanese and Koreans did at similar levels of development, because their domestic markets were much smaller. But they are starting to expand rapidly and will likely be household names in the US in the next ten years.

Japan has no internet giants to compare with Alibaba, Baidu and Tencent (which is starting to dominate online gaming)

So in conclusion, yes, I agree that as far as socio-economic development, Japan is at the level or higher than most Western countries and China is still quite behind. But this situation will be changing dramatically in the next 20 years.

Profileid
India and Bollywood industry then

I actually didn't consider that. Bollywood is only vaguely familiar to most Americans,but it's not a bad example.

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-19-2016, 06:47 PM
India cannot compete with the west as a nation, but Indians can compete with westerners living in the west, that I can 150% guarantee you.

omg shut up. Because you I don't buy anything from stores owned by Indians.

Profileid
09-19-2016, 06:49 PM
Based on socio-economic development, China is still far behind Japan and the West. So if you're just talking about per capita living standards, then I agree that Japan, S. Korea, Singapore, HK, Macau, Taiwan are probably the only industrialized states/regions which are comparable to the West.

But China is developing very fast and it is building these brands today. The situation's already very different from just two years ago. Huawei is the world's third largest smartphone company and Chinese brands dominate the top 10. DJI, is the world leader in drones. BGI Genomics is a world leader in it's field. BYD is the world's largest electric vehicle manufacturer and backed by Warren Buffet, although the auto industry is really the major industry where Japan is still ahead of China, China's government is quickly building the infrastructure for electric vehicles as they plan to use the development of EV's to leapfrog the traditional automakers.

Haier is the largest, if not, the largest white goods manufacturer in the world. Lenovo is one of the largest computer brands.

Basically in a ton of fields, China has already surpassed or is catching up to Japan. The reason why many of these brands are not well known in the US yet is because China's domestic market is so large, they haven't felt as dire a need to expand overseas as the Japanese and Koreans did at similar levels of development, because their domestic markets were much smaller. But they are starting to expand rapidly and will likely be household names in the US in the next ten years.

So in conclusion, yes, I agree that as far as socio-economic development, Japan is at the level or higher than most Western countries and China is still quite behind. But this situation will be changing dramatically in the next 20 years.

Lenovo is a good example. The two more visible Chinese companies I can think of right now are Huawei and Ali Baba. I would wager there will be more cultural visibility with China in the coming decades. It would be interesting to see American teenagers trying to teach themselves Chinese.

Profileid
09-19-2016, 06:50 PM
By the way, what is considered "West" here?

Europe and the Anglo countries

Kamal900
09-19-2016, 06:51 PM
I place my bet on China. The Japanese are way too busy watching anime and other shit than caring competing with the western world. China and Russia are the only countries that have the potential in becoming world super power after America falls down to sunder.

Bezprym
09-19-2016, 06:51 PM
Europe and the Anglo countries

Then East can compete.

zhaoyun
09-19-2016, 06:53 PM
Lenovo is a good example. The two more visible Chinese companies I can think of right now are Huawei and Ali Baba. I would wager there will be more cultural visibility with China in the coming decades. It would be interesting to see American teenagers trying to teach themselves Chinese.

I will state that unlike many Chinese, I actually like and admire Japan on the whole. I don't really hold a grudge over the past (even though my dad hated Japan and raised me to do so, I dont). I admire Japan as one of the first East Asian countries to industrialize and setting a shining example for other East Asian countries, many of which followed suit, and China is fast following in it's footsteps.

The next 20 years will see a dramatic shift in the sophistication and quality of Chinese companies. It's already happening very quickly and people outside of China have very little understanding of the size and scope of this transition. In just the last five years, China went from being a great laggard in R&D spending to being just No. 2 behind the US and rapidly catching up. Just this year, it became a larger Venture Capitalist market than the US. Basically, there's a huge shift happening that many people don't really see.

Profileid
09-19-2016, 06:53 PM
Then East can compete.

How?

Fractal
09-19-2016, 06:54 PM
I place my bet on China. The Japanese are way too busy watching anime and other shit than caring competing with the western world. China and Russia are the only countries that have the potential in becoming world super power after America falls down to sunder.

Russia already is a superpower.

Bezprym
09-19-2016, 06:55 PM
How?

Quite easily, you mentioned Japan, some mention China, there is India mentioned as well. Add everything together and you will have a worthy opponent. Russia must be biased though, it is Europe and not Europe at the same time.

zhaoyun
09-19-2016, 06:56 PM

Russia is a great power. It's not a superpower. It was one.

China is emerging as a superpower, but not there yet, but will likely get there in the next 10 years.

The US is still the only superpower.

Kamal900
09-19-2016, 06:58 PM

But not globally. The US is..for now. Either Russia or China takes the US place when it collapses in the near future.

zhaoyun
09-19-2016, 07:00 PM
How?

Some of China's largest corporations are starting to invest heavily into entertainment. As a whole, China's corporate world knows that the days of cheap labor, copying and cheap exports is over, and they need to invest in other fields to survive.

Tencent, one of the world's largest companies by cash flow is heavily investing into gaming and anime. Although I do hate anime, I am pretty astonished by the scale and how quick they are developing as a gaming/entertainment company. Take this new animation movie for example, they are now investing in being a vertically integrated entertainment company meaning they are producing games, then producing animation movies based on those games, and also sponsoring e-gaming leagues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlNTL9UT4hg

Ülev
09-19-2016, 07:01 PM
beside it proves Earth flatness - emigrate to Argentina who can

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/china_medium_and_intercontinental_missiles_2009.jp g

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/china_military_power_2009.html

alpha
09-19-2016, 07:01 PM
the west is quickly declining. any country and every country will have its slice of the cake in the future.

Harkonnen
09-19-2016, 07:05 PM
Japan is too small and limited in natural resources to truly compete with fex. USA. China has the potential to compete if it can enhance it's performance.

Somewhat related: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?187044-Media-Wars

Jehan
09-19-2016, 07:36 PM
You all fool!
You forget Rwanda and equatorial guinea who are very succesfull african nation. Africa is THE FUTUR and only racists shits disagree with it.

Dylan
09-20-2016, 02:20 AM
China is already more or less there
Japan was on the right track, but stagnated in the 80s and doesn't really have much hope of improving due to their demographic issues and economic issues that come from that. They have a weak military as a result of 1945 agreements etc. and its hard to know how good their military would be if they were to rebuild
Russia has a willing patriotic population and lots of resources, but an inefficient economy, and too much corruption.
There are powerful European countries, but they are too dependent on other EU countries etc. and aren't large enough
There aren't any on America's level in any of the other continents.

LoLeL
11-08-2016, 08:53 PM
China and India

N1019
11-08-2016, 09:05 PM
Overall, none.

AphroditeWorshiper
11-21-2016, 09:28 PM
BRICS

KMack
11-22-2016, 01:28 AM
You all fool!
You forget Rwanda and equatorial guinea who are very succesfull african nation. Africa is THE FUTUR and only racists shits disagree with it.

Way too tribal and corruption. Nigeria maybe.

Oneeye
11-22-2016, 01:41 AM
Gina

Dandelion
11-22-2016, 01:44 AM
China is already more or less there

China's challenge lies in efficiency. A lot of ambitious projects get started and only one year later you'd see crumbling ruins due to lack of maintenance. This problem isn't so much present in Western countries and is likely cultural. I think China has potential and I think they're smart and capable, but I am conservative about claiming 'China will match the US in one decade or two'.

alpha
11-22-2016, 01:45 AM
China. Perhaps India in the future.

Fantomas
11-23-2016, 04:34 AM
In terms of military,economy and society.
The only one I believe truly fits into this category is Japan.
While not initially on par with western powers during the feudal era, after having contacts with the Americans they realized how far behind they were in development and modernized and built up their military.Mostly without western help.
They were able to beat the Russians during the war with them in the 19th century and managed to hold their own on equal footing with the US in WWII.
Fast forward to today and they live in one of the most peaceful,highly developed and wealthy countries on earth. Beyond America and most of Europe even.
And they've been able to successfully export their technology and culture to a good portion of the world.
How many people drive a Toyota or Honda or have at least something made by Sony,Toshiba and so forth. Not to mention the popularity of Japanese culture with young westerners. That they have been able to exert soft power by cultural influence distinguishes them from Russia or China.

Japan can't compete with the West cause after 1945 it can be regarded as of it part either politically, militarily, and even conceptually and culturally. Thus only China and Russia (not economically) may play this role

glass
11-23-2016, 04:57 AM
In terms of military

Anybody with nuclear bomb.

economy
Nobody, because muricans control world's economy and every important organization. There are only 2 choices either submit or become pariah.

society
what is measure in this category? Amount of fags and retards per 1000 citizens?

THat war happened in 1904-1905, 20 century. US army in ww2 was very shitty. it was not really hard to stand ground even being outnumber 1 to 5-10.

Fantomas
11-23-2016, 05:59 AM
Japan doesn't have much of a military today but obviously they were a force to reckon with from the 1890s until the end of WW2. If the Japanese emperor hadn't listen to his generals instead of his admirals WW2 would have turned out differently for the Axis powers. The admirals wanted a war that would place them of highest importance (war with the US). The generals knew that would end in failure. They pushed for a war against the Soviets. It would have work perfectly with the Soviets having to fight on two fronts and the Japanese would have had the oil it needed. The US wouldn't have been attacked and so FDR's attempts at maneuvering the US into the war in Europe by provoking Germany's ally into attacking the US by not selling Japan oil and convincing other nations to not do so either wouldn't have worked.

That was not some random, affective decision. War vs USA was dictated by the necessity following by the many years war against Chinese supported by the Western powers especially USA and need for resources that could only be obtained in Pacific area, and US sanctions as well. From another side there was anti-Western block of USSR/Axis coalition. So preparing of war vs Russia was unacceptable in 1940-1941. because there is no reason for that.

catgeorge
11-23-2016, 06:03 AM
Japan (4th biggest economy, bigger than Germany)
South Korea (10th biggest economy)
China (3rd biggest economy)
India (7th biggest economy)
Brazil (9th biggest economy)

50% of top 10 biggest economies are occupied by non western economies.

glass
11-23-2016, 06:03 AM
That was not some random, affective decision. War vs USA was dictated by the necessity following by the many years war against Chinese supported by the Western powers especially USA and need for resources that could only be obtained in Pacific area and US sanctions as well. From another side there was anti-Western block of USSR/Axis coalition. So preparing of war vs Russia was unacceptable in 1940-1941. because there is no reason for that.
In fact they saw US as easier prey, because japs were beaten by soviets before ww2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet%E2%80%93Japanese_border_conflicts
Also they did not really want to fight with US directly, they just wanted to remove yanks from Asia.

Fantomas
11-23-2016, 06:14 AM
In fact they saw US as easier prey, because japs were beaten by soviets before ww2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet%E2%80%93Japanese_border_conflicts

Exactly, that were "border conflicts" which absolutely not influenced on Japan policy. There was many years hard war in China.

Also they did not really want to fight with US directly, they just wanted to remove yanks from Asia.
As i said earlier, by 1941 formed insuperable circumstances that forced Japan to claim war on USA

Lemon Kush
11-23-2016, 06:37 AM
Russia and China

Incal
11-23-2016, 06:51 AM
beside it proves Earth flatness - emigrate to Argentina who can

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/china_medium_and_intercontinental_missiles_2009.jp g

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/china_military_power_2009.html

Nowadays, you don't even need to fire a gun to affect or influence some country, there are other subtler ways (see $$$$$$).

The Asian presence in South America is real. We just celebrated the APEC last week:

http://cde.gestion2.e3.pe/ima/0/0/1/8/4/184379.jpg

And of course China was no exception:

http://cde.3.elcomercio.pe/ima/0/1/5/3/4/1534237/base_image.jpg

And regarding Argentina, they just suffered a fall on their soy exports to China due to some economic retaliation cause by a blockade of some chinese projects and exports:

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1944815-china-dejo-de-comprar-aceite-de-soja-argentino

http://www.valorsoja.com/2016/10/06/china-bloqueo-el-ingreso-de-aceite-de-soja-argentino-como-represalia-por-la-paralizacion-de-las-obras-destinadas-a-construir-dos-represas-en-santa-cruz/#.WDVJp7LhDIV

Incal
11-23-2016, 07:02 AM
On related news... MEETING OF THE YEAR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4w5qhtFbc4

Colonel Frank Grimes
11-23-2016, 02:27 PM
That was not some random, affective decision. War vs USA was dictated by the necessity following by the many years war against Chinese supported by the Western powers especially USA and need for resources that could only be obtained in Pacific area, and US sanctions as well. From another side there was anti-Western block of USSR/Axis coalition. So preparing of war vs Russia was unacceptable in 1940-1941. because there is no reason for that.

What resources (oil) could be obtain in the Pacific could be obtained in Siberia. The Germans also controlled a few nations that the US had swayed not to trade oil to the Japanese.

The Soviets won because they simply threw bodies at the Japanese. The casualty ratio was 3:1 or perhaps even higher. The Japanese didn't have the numbers to fight an effective war on their own but with the Germans invading the Soviets in the West it would have been an easier war with the Soviets. They would have place more emphasis on the war against the Germans. The odds of a German-Japanese victory over the Soviets would be higher than a war against the US where the civilian population didn't have the war in their front yards.

Fantomas
11-23-2016, 03:49 PM
What resources (oil) could be obtain in the Pacific could be obtained in Siberia. The Germans also controlled a few nations that the US had swayed not to trade oil to the Japanese.

Siberia is not effevely developed even now, in 1940's situation was much worse. There were demand in Japan not just for oil, but tin, rubber,iron ore, nickel etc. as well and even food. All that was not in Siberia. Moreover sea-going vessels are much more productive transport than railway. Thus there were not just political reasons to wage war on West, but economical as well. Don't forget by mid of 1940 when the 2nd Konoe government began prepare the war in Pacific, USSR and Germany were allies whereas Western bloc were factually Japan's opponent since 1937-1938.

Fantomas
11-23-2016, 03:58 PM
On related news... MEETING OF THE YEAR:

:laugh: couple of clowns. one-sad and another- funny

Sebastianus Rex
11-23-2016, 04:58 PM
Russia is a great power. It's not a superpower. It was one.

China is emerging as a superpower, but not there yet, but will likely get there in the next 10 years.

The US is still the only superpower.

By 2018 China's economy will overtake the U.S. in terms of gross GDP, by doing so i believe it will achieve already the superpower status.

Astronaut
11-23-2016, 05:01 PM
India cannot compete with the west as a nation, but Indians can compete with westerners when they are living in the west, that I can 150% guarantee you.

India is well ahead of almost all western countries barring the US when it comes to raw military power and technological sectors like space science.

But it's a laggard when it comes to socio economic conditions

Tobi
11-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Japan is actually better than the majority of western countries :ohwell:

Bell Beaker
11-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Compete in which components?

glass
11-23-2016, 05:09 PM
Exactly, that were "border conflicts" which absolutely not influenced on Japan policy.

They did, japanese were decisively defeated, after those defeats they switched direction of the expansion to south-east Asia and Pacific Ocean. Those borders conflicts proven soviet combat superiority over japanese army.

There was many years hard war in China.
There was not any hard war in China, japanese quickly took control over coastal areas and created Manchurian puppet state. After that they did not try to expand any futher, despite ongoing civilian war in China.

What resources (oil) could be obtain in the Pacific could be obtained in Siberia.
They tried to expand to Siberia and got beaten.

The Soviets won because they simply threw bodies at the Japanese.
Ahahaha, you should not think that american tactic to outnumber japanese 5-10 to 1 was universally used against them. Superior army forces, like Red Army did not need that.

Minesweeper
11-23-2016, 05:17 PM
At this point, only China is able to compete with the USA/West. Other countries are simply lower tier. Even though China can compete in terms of Industrial output and overall GDP, it is still way behind in tertiary sector, wealth, military power and it may potently have major political problems in future because political development of China is stuck and doesn't follow its economic boom.

GoneWithTheWind
11-23-2016, 05:20 PM
Compete with what?

brennus dux gallorum
11-23-2016, 05:31 PM
what about Albania? they are everywhere

albania is western,for more info ask hoxhaism :cool:

JMack
11-23-2016, 09:14 PM
''West'' today is merely Anglo civilization, most of other countries that constitute what we think as Western Civilization are some kind of peripheries, with not much real importance for the economical or geopolitical perspectives (e.g. Nordic Countries are good places to live, but irrelevant economically and politically).

Latin America and Eastern Europe (partially Western regions, depends on classification) are places with a good potential, but they're constantly blocked by their internal chaos to fulfill this potential.

That said, if you exclude Anglo civilization, West is very irrelevant in the world today and unfortunately will become even more with the decadence of Anglo civilization. China and Russia will emerge as major powers in our century, India also has good chances to become a major power. We like it or not, Western dominance has ended.

Kriptc06
11-23-2016, 11:36 PM
china, very soon

Fantomas
11-24-2016, 07:23 AM
They did, japanese were decisively defeated, after those defeats they switched direction of the expansion to south-east Asia and Pacific Ocean. Those borders conflicts proven soviet combat superiority over japanese army.
In this case there must be plan of occupation of Russia in 1938-1939. Can you show it?

There was not any hard war in China, japanese quickly took control over coastal areas and created Manchurian puppet state. After that they did not try to expand any futher, despite ongoing civilian war in China.
From 30 Japan divisions that tooke a part in the war on continent only 1.5-2 divisions were fighting vs USSR.

They tried to expand to Siberia and got beaten.
No the didn't

Ahahaha, you should not think that american tactic to outnumber japanese 5-10 to 1 was universally used against them. Superior army forces, like Red Army did not need that.
Red army had superiority over Japan twice in manpower and artillery, and 4 times in tanks. In spite of huge advantage there were losses about 1 to 1. and about 300 tanks and armoured vehicles, half of the total!!! That says about nod good quality of Soviet army.

BTW. One more evidence that Japan was not going to wage war on the continent initially is the small number of tanks. Japan army was preparing to war in Pacific where specific type of terrain (islands and forests) is not good for tanks.

glass
11-24-2016, 03:29 PM
In this case there must be plan of occupation of Russia in 1938-1939. Can you show it?

THere is no plans of occupation of Russia, initially they wanted to annex territories up to Baikal lake. If you did read article i linked u would know that Japan was aggressor, while Soviets defenders. After pretty largehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Khalkhin_Gol Japan and SU signed neitrality pact, which Japan honored till the end of ww2.

From 30 Japan divisions that tooke a part in the war on continent only 1.5-2 divisions were fighting vs USSR.
Japanese had up to million soldiers in Manchuria in 1945. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Manchuria
Does it mean that fighting with US was of minor importance?

No the didn't
They did attack Soviet Union and its ally/client Mongolia numerous times. Every attack was repelled. That is attempt to expands right? You should understand that "official" declaration of war is purely european things. Asians did not had such customs, they were just mounting invasions at will. And called it "incidents" afterwards.

Red army had superiority over Japan twice in manpower and artillery, and 4 times in tanks. In spite of huge advantage there were losses about 1 to 1. and about 300 tanks and armoured vehicles, half of the total!!! That says about nod good quality of Soviet army.

It does not change the simple fact that Soviets won and japanese lost. Keep in mind that neither soviet troops no soviet vehicles did not have any combat experience, unlike their japanese counterpart. New non tested vehicles surely had low reliabilty.

BTW. One more evidence that Japan was not going to wage war on the continent initially is the small number of tanks. Japan army was preparing to war in Pacific where specific type of terrain (islands and forests) is not good for tanks.
Japanese had small industrial base and also more focused on courage and fighting spirit than equipment. They boosted tank production after conflicts with Soviet Army though. Anyway, if you look at history of japanese militarism in 20 centuryyou would how expanded. Korea > Manchuria > China > Soviet Union (failed) > South East Asia > US (failed). US were last in the list.

Odin
05-28-2018, 12:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z87PPu05sdY

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-28-2018, 05:33 PM

China is notorious for infringing on intellectual property rights. They don't give a fuck. They take the product apart to see how it works and then make a counterfeit. They slap the legitimate company's label on the product and sell it to the locals. It's a serious issue that won't be resolved any time soon because the Chinese government encourages the behavior.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-28-2018, 05:36 PM
We need a Sakuraba moment if I didn't already post one in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNlQQ-SX3X4

Maybe I'm racist but I always enjoy seeing Brazilians get beat up. Find a Brazilian who doesn't cheat is like finding an Apple product in China that isn't a counterfeit.