PDA

View Full Version : Hello

sinci
09-20-2016, 01:09 AM
Hello. I was invited to come on Apricity. Otherwise I knew nothing about this forum or any other. I don't really participate in forums. However, I'm a member of some Facebook groups, Coptic and Palestinian Christians in particular, even though I'm so-called African (black) American. I just go by African now.

I'm not sure if I'm a good fit here, but as I said I was asked to join this forum. Some of my interests are in my profile. I'm an ESL teacher. I've worked in a couple of other countries besides the US. I'm a bibliophile. I generally read about 4 books at a time. Currently I'm reading a book by a Chinese poet from the 16th century (a translation), a novel written by Saddam Hussein (a translation), a biography of an Ottoman Turkish prince, and a great Orthodox Christian spiritual classic. I'm not influenced by the New York Times or any other mainstream media on what to read or think. I'm an independent critical thinker and life long learner.

When I'm able to be on here I hope to exchange some ideas.

Dick
09-20-2016, 01:13 AM
I'M THE ONE THAT INVITED HER. WELCOME, SINCI.

Mortimer
09-20-2016, 01:16 AM
Welcome, you seem a interesting character and good addition to the forum.

Carlito's Way
09-20-2016, 01:17 AM
welcome

Mn The Loki TA Son
09-20-2016, 01:20 AM
welcome

1+

HOLA!

Sikeliot
09-20-2016, 01:41 AM
Welcome :)

sinci
09-20-2016, 04:42 AM
Actually adsız asked me to open an account. :)

zhaoyun
09-20-2016, 05:01 AM
Welcome to the forum, you sound interesting. I have to warn you that you will need thick skin here, this is not a place of political correctness and there are a lot of racist people. But overall, it's a diverse and unique place, so once you get over that, you'll probably find it interesting and ridiculous at the same time.

sinci
09-20-2016, 05:08 AM
I was invited. Already I can see my outlook is not right for here. I warned him who invited me of this. Apricity makes it completely glaring to me that these are the New Dark Age. I might keep my account opened for awhile, but my views and life experiences do not fit in well here at all. :)

zhaoyun
09-20-2016, 05:09 AM
I was invited. Already I can see my outlook is not right for here. I warned him who invited me of this. Apricity makes it completely glaring to me that these are the New Dark Age. I might keep my account opened for awhile, but my views and life experiences do not fit in well here at all. :)

It might not look like it, but there are all kinds of people here from the very racist to the very liberal.

Bezprym
09-20-2016, 07:22 AM
Greetings.

I'd simply say there are people who either are imbeciles or simply act like that. Not all of them of course, only those the loudest.

Anglojew
09-20-2016, 07:24 AM
Welcome to the forum.