PDA

View Full Version : Which Phenotype is more likely to...

Sahson
09-13-2010, 02:21 PM
have towheadeds(platinum blonde)?

There are many type of blondes, and the nordische phenotypes do tend to have this rarity trait, then the other phenotypes, but there are plenty of different types of blondes, from flaxen, to ash, to dirty...

I was thinking Iceland, Sweden, or maybe Finland would have the phenotype with the platinum blonde trait. However I also more concerned which nordische phenotype tends to have this trait...

Agrippa
09-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Nordoids can have that trait indeed, quite often even, yet still a minority relatively.

It might be as common Osteuropid and especially Eastbaltid variants though. Can't say exactly in which it is more common, but if counting all Nordid populations, it is more common in Osteuropids I guess.

Sahson
09-16-2010, 04:35 PM
So you would say it would be the finns that are more likely to be blonde? also is this gene recessive?

Tomasz
09-16-2010, 05:45 PM
I agree, Osteuropids (especially East-Baltids) more often have platinum blonde hair. Nordids more often have other shades like golden or reddish and more often brownish/brown hair.

Sahson
09-16-2010, 05:50 PM
I agree, Osteuropids (especially East-Baltids) more often have platinum blonde hair. Nordids more often have other shades like golden or reddish and more often brownish/brown hair.

was there any, if ever an osteuropid migration to iceland, i also linked the platinum blondes with Icelandics. Is there a concentration of them there?

Agrippa
09-16-2010, 09:57 PM
was there any, if ever an osteuropid migration to iceland, i also linked the platinum blondes with Icelandics. Is there a concentration of them there?

Well, Iceland is a country with Scandinavian and Celtic-British elements being predominant, other influences are present but much weaker.

I wouldn't say light blond hair is more common there than in Sweden.

Overall Finns and Swedish should be among the blondest people and platinum blonds being somewhat more common in Finland most likely.

Mordid
09-17-2010, 12:00 AM
I think Baltid are probably one of the most depigmented in Europe, They really have very blonde (more blonde than average Nordid), extremely light eyecolour and even skin colour.

Neanderthal
09-18-2010, 08:03 AM
I'd go with Sweden too; Something odd I have notice tho, is that all German Volga descendants I know has this kind Platinium Blonde hue of hair:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2dbqykg.jpg

Wich makes me think if the German population wasn't bastardized with some swarthiest stuff after WII...

safinator
02-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Nordid in general, maybe Eastern variants more so than Western variants.

Austo
02-13-2013, 03:24 PM
It is most common in nordids, but also baltids, borrebies, faelieds can be blond