PDA

View Full Version : Mother's or Father's side ?

Sui Generis
10-03-2016, 07:56 AM
To which part of your family do you feel more close ?

I mean you close to yourself to your relatives in your father side or mother side ? Aunts, uncles, cuisins..
Or equal or not close both of them.

Norka
10-03-2016, 07:56 AM
Mothers side. Due to cultural barrier with father's side.

frankhammer
10-03-2016, 08:00 AM
Mother side. Fathers side are international, from Australia to Canada and back to England.

Sui Generis
10-03-2016, 08:04 AM
Mothers side. Due to cultural barrier with father's side.

I think most people's answer will be mother side becouse you are with your mother mostly when you are a child and your mother is close her relatives more and becouse of this you are with your relatives with your from mother's side mostly :D

But it can change according to where do they live.

But I can say for myself for this day. I am not close both of them too.

Norka
10-03-2016, 08:07 AM
I think most people's answer will be mother side becouse you are with your mother mostly when you are a child and your mother is close her relatives more and becouse of this you are with your relatives with your from mother's side mostly :D

But it can change according to where do they live.

But I can say for myself for this day. I am not close both of them too.

Strange that you are not close to either of them. Family is a pretty important thing in my opinion.

Bezprym
10-03-2016, 08:09 AM
Mother's side, basically because of closer age and/or are from same village.

Sui Generis
10-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Strange that you are not close to either of them. Family is a pretty important thing in my opinion.

I never close to father side. We used to go to them in just religious holidays or weddings. I was so close to mother side till 2 years ago. But for today, just my nuclear family is important for me :)

BeerBaron
10-03-2016, 08:22 AM
The ones I was close with are from fathers side, but they are long since dead.:eusa_shifty:

Queen B
10-03-2016, 08:32 AM
Depends.
Cousins/aunts/uncles etc, my mother's side since I have 10 more cousins, all in my generation (youngest 23, oldest 36).
My father has only 1 sister 15 years younger, which has a set of twins, 9 y.o.
Grandparents : Father's side.
I never met/remember my mom's father, he died when I was 2.
I grew up in Macedonia, close to my dad's parents.

Desperado
10-03-2016, 08:36 AM
I feel equally close to both but my favourite uncle was on the paternal side so I'll pick that one if I have to.

EL_BARBARO
10-03-2016, 08:36 AM
Neither of them.

spectacular
10-03-2016, 08:46 AM
I am not close both of them except one or two cousin.

Sarmatian
10-03-2016, 09:01 AM
Grew up surrounded by my mother's family, they all used to live in same village. Meanwhile my father's family was moving around country all the time and I only meet them twice during my childhood. So I thought I'm closer to my mother's side.

Strangely enough when I visited my father's side while being adult I instantly felt like I'm home surrounded by family. Even with cousins I met for the first time there was no distancing typical for people you've just met. They all felt so familiar like if I lived among them my entire life. Never expected such thing, it puzzled me. Now I can't really say who's closer.

Zmey Gorynych
10-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Just like Sarmatian I was surrounded by my mother's family when I was a kid (I was best friends with a maternal cousin) but we grew apart. My mothers family find me distant nowadays and difficult to talk to (their words). I felt close to one paternal female cousin but again we lost touch. Although I' not close to any of my relatives anymore I feel sympathy towards 2 of my paternal cousins (both my juniors).

Ylla
10-03-2016, 01:50 PM
I feel closer to my cousins on my mother's side because we are similar ages.

Hithaeglir
10-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Mother's definitely.Her sister is to me,my second mother almost , she was the one conducting my birth even xD

Prism
10-03-2016, 02:18 PM
Mama's side.

Greensboro Jock
10-03-2016, 02:44 PM
am not close with either side

Halgurd
10-03-2016, 02:47 PM
I feel closer to my cousins on my mother's side because we are similar ages.

Exactly the same for me.

Spyy
10-03-2016, 02:48 PM
the side with more beautiful cousins (maternal)

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-03-2016, 02:55 PM
I have 1st cousins on my mother's side in the US and my maternal grandparents lived with us until I was 7 and so naturally I'm closer to my mother's side.

Slud
10-03-2016, 03:09 PM
I'm not close to neither of them. I have barely met them or had contact since I moved out.

Charles Bronson
10-03-2016, 03:21 PM
I am closer to both sites, I have cousins who are in my age, one is 21 a another one is 20, the another one is 25 in my age then is a another one 27 this are the mans, it gives nor woman they are in my age 22,21,26,27, they living at the most 15km from me away.

XvThomas_LysergicV
10-03-2016, 04:03 PM
I'm not that close to my father's side. I don't see them that much. I was around them more when I was younger but even back then I didn't feel like I really connected with them. I don't dislike them or anything,I just don't feel that close to them. I'm closer to my mother's side. There's only one black person on that side. A grandfather but I'm not related to him by blood. Everyone else is white or multiracial.

Kriptc06
11-07-2016, 01:52 AM
dads side, i feel like an alien when we visit my mother side relatives, LOL

alnortedelsur
11-07-2016, 02:37 AM
Neither. I used to be closer to my Venezuelan father's side of the family when I was in Venezuela, because my dad had three full (mom and dad) brothers (they all three are dead now) with their respective children, who are cousins of mine, and me and my siblings had a very close relationship with those cousins. And there were also many other half brothers and sisters of my dad (my paternal grandpa had many children with three different women), with their respective children (also cousins of mine, though we never had a very close relationship with them, as with my full cousins).

On my Spanish mom's side, on the other hand, I don't have any close cousins, because my mom is an only daughter. Most of the family of my Spanish mom, are cousins, uncles and aunts of my mom, most of whom I never met when I lived in Venezuela, because they were in Spain, except for a cousin of my mom that occasionally went to Venezuela when I lived there. And when I did met them (once I was living in Spain), I was already grown up, and the age difference between me and them, was too much, to really have been close to them. They had children, about my age or younger than me (also relatives of mine), but we barely got to know each other, and I had very little interaction with them when I was in Spain.

There was, however, a female cousin of my maternal grandma, who also immigrated to Venezuela, and me and my siblings had a close relationship with her, when I was growing up in Venezuela, but she never had her own children (except for an adopted Venezuelan son). And she lived in Venezuela until she died there, years ago (she never returned to Spain).

Now, I don't live neither in Venezuela nor in Spain, and I don't see any of my relatives from my mom or dad sides. And regarding the Venezuelan family on my dad's side, I have never seen them again since I left Venezuela, years ago.

Argentano
11-07-2016, 02:40 AM
the side with more beautiful cousins (maternal)

WTF

Leo Iscariot
11-07-2016, 02:47 AM
My maternal side, considering my dad isn't even close to his side of the family.

Sui Generis
11-10-2016, 03:34 PM
WTF

Lmaoo. I gave thumps up everyone but didnt notice what he wrote. Interesting really, I laughed :biggrin:

Root
11-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Equal. I'm close to both of them.

Argentano
11-10-2016, 03:39 PM
Lmaoo. I gave thumps up everyone but didnt notice what he wrote. Interesting really, I laughed :biggrin:

yes haha weird comment

Tobi
11-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Mother side I'd say.
The family of my father is more distant and cold.

GoneWithTheWind
11-10-2016, 03:44 PM
Both of them equally. That is who I am.

CordedWhelp
02-24-2017, 05:27 AM
Assuming this means extended family and not to actual parents, I'd say mother's side.....but that's perhaps due to the fact I grew up with no known extended family on his side, save my grandparents who died when I was 9-10. Heh, my 23andme cousin matches from him are about the extent of my known extended family via his side.

Ryujin
03-12-2017, 11:37 AM
Mother's side without a doubt. I hate my dad. His family is full of mentally deranged people like him.

Ziveth
06-26-2017, 10:33 PM
Mother's side.

Sekarotuinen
06-26-2017, 10:34 PM
Mother's side.

MagnusAurelius
06-26-2017, 10:44 PM
Mother's side.

No surprise, that is universal among all MiddeEastern/Euro mixes. They usually identify with the MiddleEastern side more with some going a step further to be brainwashed into Islam included, doesn't matter if the Islamized Arabs conquered/Arabized most of the Levant, ethnically Levantine people don't have significant ethnic Arab admixture. The life of a brainwashed Muslim apologist.

Sekarotuinen
06-26-2017, 10:46 PM
No surprise, that is universal among all MiddeEastern/Euro mixes. They usually identify with the MiddleEastern side more with some going a step further to be brainwashed into Islam included, doesn't matter if the Islamized Arabs conquered/Arabized most of the Levant, ethnically Levantine people don't have significant ethnic Arab admixture. The life of a brainwashed Muslim apologist.
Well, I am a Muslim, so yeah, it's natural to lean that way, just like a Jew will lean on their Jewish heritage or a Christian their Christian ancestry.

Mikula
06-27-2017, 08:31 AM
Paternal side

Ashlyn
11-15-2017, 09:56 PM
Paternal side. Can't stand some of my mother's relatives.

Sui Generis
12-04-2017, 05:46 PM
I added a poll.

Tschaikisten
12-04-2017, 05:51 PM
Both sides.

Saiwalo
12-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Mothers side, no doubt.
I never met my father's father, and his mother also passed away when I was of young age. Much more contact with relatives from mother's side.

wvwvw
12-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Mother's side.

Sui Generis
12-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Yeah I think most answer will be mother's side. I guess it is interested in to spend your time with your mother in home when you are a child and she is communicating mostly with her relatives so you are with them mostly :)

Iloko
12-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Mother's

El_Jibaro
10-03-2021, 06:41 AM
I'm a little closer to my paternal side on the whole. Although my favorite grandparent was always my maternal grandfather...cool dude.

mitalit
10-27-2021, 08:34 PM
Mother's side by far

HelloGuys
10-27-2021, 08:50 PM
Father`s side because I used to see them and visit them more often.

Andullero
10-27-2021, 08:52 PM
Mother's side, despite being physically more like my paternal family.

Roy
11-03-2021, 11:51 PM
About the same.

Ellethwyn
12-22-2021, 03:16 AM
I used to be close with my dad, and my paternal grandma, but both have passed on. Since my father's death I have not been in contact with that side of the family. They never really accepted me, because my father had met my mother when he was 55. My mother was 32 at the time. They were more of a fling. My mother's side is full of narcissists (family curse). They are all very toxic people, so i've always steered clear of them.

Celestia
12-22-2021, 03:23 AM
Neither really.

My parents and my sisters and I are very very close. We talk everyday. We are also close with my paternal grandmother.
The others from my paternal side are snooty jerks that we don’t get along with.
My mothers adoptive parents (I don’t even consider them my grandparents) are not nice people. I don’t want anything to do with them, I have cut them out of my life completely.
I do get along with my aunt (mothers sister who was also adopted)

But as far as other aunts and uncles, cousins, etc. I never grew up knowing much about them.

Alexandro
02-01-2022, 01:24 PM
Mother's side, but I'm not that close to either side of my family tbh.

Paternal side are stupid paletos and maternal side are snobby pijos. xD