PDA

View Full Version : Classify Portuguese dude who did AncestryDNA

Iloko
10-04-2016, 05:16 AM
He did an AncestryDNA YouTube video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN8BvEiOrVQ

PunhetaDeBacalhau
10-04-2016, 05:45 AM
Lol he knows he is fully Portuguese, and still he believes the test results to be true... :crazy:

I think companies with test results as bad as these shouldn't be able to sell their test... It only makes uninformed people confused and makes them believe they are something they aren't

Sikeliot
10-04-2016, 05:58 AM
He can pass as British just fine.

Myanthropologies
10-04-2016, 06:03 AM
Lol he is so calm for finding out that he is apparently way less Portuguese than he thought he is.

Jockie
10-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Azores was colonised by both Brits, Italians, etc. He's had ancestors who assimilated and picked Portugese as identity.

Grace O'Malley
10-04-2016, 11:54 AM
He did an AncestryDNA YouTube video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN8BvEiOrVQ

Thanks for posting this. I'm very interested in different people's results.

Grace O'Malley
10-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Lol he knows he is fully Portuguese, and still he believes the test results to be true... :crazy:

I think companies with test results as bad as these shouldn't be able to sell their test... It only makes uninformed people confused and makes them believe they are something they aren't

His results were interesting. Isn't the Azores quite mixed though and that would explain his results? I don't think it's common to get such a high Italian result in other parts of Portugal.

Grace O'Malley
10-04-2016, 12:11 PM
He can pass as British just fine.

He is a bit atypical for Britain. He's quite a nice looking young man and has a very European vibe.

His results if I heard him correctly:

3% North Africa

47% Italian/Greek
24% Great Britain
15% Iberian
8% Ireland
1% Scandinavian

1% Middle East

He also said 1% European which doesn't make sense. A few percentages are missing so it would have been good if he did a screen shot.

used2bwhite
10-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Cheekbones so defined they could cut glass.

Damiăo de Góis
10-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Isn't the Azores quite mixed though and that would explain his results?

Not really, the azoreans i share with on 23andme used to cluster next to other ibeirans. I say "used to" because they took Global Similarity out. My top match is also an azorean.
I guess AncestryDNA isn't the most accurate thing around.

Petalpusher
10-04-2016, 08:29 PM
He is a bit atypical for Britain. He's quite a nice looking young man and has a very European vibe.

His results if I heard him correctly:

3% North Africa

47% Italian/Greek
24% Great Britain
15% Iberian
8% Ireland
1% Scandinavian

1% Middle East

He also said 1% European which doesn't make sense. A few percentages are missing so it would have been good if he did a screen shot.

I think he was talking about "European West", which is the equivalent of French&German on 23, he should score more of this. As usual ancestrydna is useless.

Grace O'Malley
10-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Not really, the azoreans i share with on 23andme used to cluster next to other ibeirans. I say "used to" because they took Global Similarity out. My top match is also an azorean.
I guess AncestryDNA isn't the most accurate thing around.

It was very accurate for me but I can see where some of the components might get a bit mixed up which might be the case for this lad. I know that some English people can be a bit perplexed by their results. Unfortunately a lot of people take the results too literally as in thinking if you have Iberian or Great Britain it means actually ancestry from those places when that's not necessarily the case at all. :)

Grace O'Malley
10-05-2016, 10:29 AM
I think he was talking about "European West", which is the equivalent of French&German on 23, he should score more of this. As usual ancestrydna is useless.

From my ramblings around the net I've heard that Ancestry are going to combine their Great Britain and European West categories as they are so similar.