PDA

View Full Version : European preservationists and East Asia

Albion
09-17-2010, 09:06 AM
I've noticed on here some people seem to not like East Asia and others like it. So I wondered, just what are peoples views on here towards Fast Asia and the Japanese, Chinese, Koreans and Thais?

Motörhead Remember Me
09-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Good people.

Murphy
09-17-2010, 09:17 AM
The Orient is the Orient, it is individual, it is unique. It needs to be Christianised. And the women, very much Japanese and light-skinned Chinese, are beautiful.

hajduk
09-17-2010, 09:21 AM
My view on them is positive

The Ripper
09-17-2010, 09:29 AM
I've noticed on here some people seem to not like Fast Asia and others like it. So I wondered, just what are peoples views on here towards Fast Asia and the Japanese, Chinese, Koreans and Thais?

I've never been to Japan, China or Korea, but my attitude towards them is generally one of benevolent curiosity (indeed, its my attitude to most cultures in the world). I've known, met and lived amongst Thais and I think that they are generally very friendly people.

Beorn
09-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Those Fast Asians are just too damned quick for me. :cussing

Of the cultures I have encountered from the Orient, I would say has left me with a deep respect and admiration. Especially the Japanese. It would seem the Japanese and the English have a long lost ancestor somewhere along the route of time :D

Albion
09-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Those Fast Asians are just too damned quick for me.

Yeah, thanks for pointing the typo out, typed it on a touch screen so it got messed up a bit. :thumb001:

Óttar
09-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Those Japanese sure are sexually adventurous. 70% of Japanese polled said older woman - younger man relationships were the best. They need to stop killing whales and dolphins though.

San Galgano
09-17-2010, 04:33 PM
If you had Chinese like we have in Prato (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6926181.stm) you would complain about them too.

They work 18 hours a day often using their chinese fellows as slaves, with no rules cause they hide their factory as houses, with many illegals coming and hidden by their parents, with incorrect competition since the costs they have to manage are lower, you would hate them too.

Eldritch
09-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Those Japanese sure are sexually adventurous. 70% of Japanese polled said older woman - younger man relationships were the best.

In terms of (mental and physical) health and fitness, the opposite type of paring is ideal, though. The cougar lifestyle is unhealthy and draining.

Sahson
09-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Most of my friends are Asian, you think I'm going to hate them?

BiałaZemsta
09-17-2010, 05:26 PM
I don't like Asian cuisine at all. Hmm... animal abuse, unkempt restaurants, martial arts, discipline. All nations have their positive and negative attributes. My opinion of East Asia is neutral.

Allenson
09-17-2010, 05:37 PM
They're ok, I suppose. There are too many of them, that's for certain (China in particular) and I don't think I'd welcome a flood of them here at home but I respect their antiquity and continuum.

Counter their bad breath and their infinite capacity for horrible driving with their fine religious and philisophical traditions and it all sort of washes out in the end for me.

Austin
09-17-2010, 05:50 PM
I see them as a counter mage/scholar-like race to the European. They are the only people I respect racially other than Europeans. Asians in the U.S. were given nothing and never ever ask for a handout or anything whereas blacks are given everything and then some and still scream for handouts. (Asians were oppressed also, concentration camps during WW2 yet they do fine)

I love Asian food btw I think it is better than European food to be honest, I'm big on salty/spicy/noodle food though so I can see where some would differ.

Sahson
09-17-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't like Asian cuisine at all. Hmm... animal abuse, unkempt restaurants, martial arts, discipline. All nations have their positive and negative attributes. My opinion of East Asia is neutral.

Good job you weren't in my shoes, for my year camps, all i had to eat was chinese food. I use to have steamed rice and veg with sweet/sour pork in the morning, because that's what was offered. I eventually got use to this. I could go back to this if I had to, and not complain.

By the way some restaurants are not clean, but you can find good clean restaurants very easily. but it will never be bang for buck in comparison...

Martial Arts, and Discipline is definitely their fortes. Europeans have boxing, so why can't they have martial arts? Self-defense is a life skill that everyone should know...

Chinese, discipline and work ethic should be revelled. I think this dates back to Confucianism when China was a meritocracy society...

They're ok, I suppose. There are too many of them, that's for certain (China in particular) and I don't think I'd welcome a flood of them here at home but I respect their antiquity and continuum.

Counter their bad breath and their infinite capacity for horrible driving with their fine religious and philisophical traditions and it all sort of washes out in the end for me.

There is 275 million chinese living around the 渤海 Bó Hǎi sea, within an area the size of California.

Cato
09-17-2010, 09:42 PM
The Orient is the Orient, it is individual, it is unique. It needs to be Christianised. And the women, very much Japanese and light-skinned Chinese, are beautiful.

Or does the west need to be Confucianized and Shintoized?

Cato
09-17-2010, 09:49 PM
The "big three" of the east and my take on them:

Chinese: Hard-working, honest, communal-minded, and decent for the most part, yet also hive-minded and complex to understand (such as the concept of "face" and how it governs interpersonal relationships and so forth). China's past, unlike in Japan, never really died- a truly monumental past. Daoism and Confucianism are worthy studying, from a textual standpoint at the very least.

Japanese: A shadow of what they once were, more or less the current generations of Japanese are living on the great legacy of the past. Japan, once upon a time, possessed a truly impressive, martial culture; now Japan possess a culture of gadget-worshippers and neurotic weirdos. The stories, poems, and folklore of old Japan is fascinating- as is Shinto and its mythology.

Koreans: South Koreans, that is, kind of like the little siblings of the Chinese. Nice people, maybe a tad too Christianized for my taste. Like China and Japan, Korea's history is also worth looking at, as is how the Koreans interacted with other Asian peoples like Chinese, Japanese, and Mongols.

Grumpy Cat
09-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Thai food is awesome!

But anyways, I don't have a favourable or unfavourable view of East Asians, just like everyone else. If they're nice, I like them, if they're a douche, I don't.

la bombe
09-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Most of my friends are Asian, you think I'm going to hate them?

Many of my friends, including my two best friends, are Asian, but they're Filipino and 100% Americanized which makes a huge difference IMO.

I honestly am not at all a fan of non-Americanized East Asians (esp Chinese and Japanese people). I hate the sound of the languages and I think their cultures are completely weird and foreign.

Electronic God-Man
09-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Did Daguerreo just come out as a Chink? lol...this forum.

Debaser11
09-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Interesting topic.

I think Austin's point about "counter mages" and Pallamedes's breakdown of "the big three" so to speak are both interesting and have a great deal of truth. We know many Western intellectuals who traveled to the Orient developed quite a love affair for that part of the world and for good reason. However, I don't think smart, politically incorrect Westerners from the past really looked up to any of the East Asian cultures outside of those big three. At least, not holistically.

I won't pretend to be some expert on East Asia, but in my experience there, Koreans seem to view Europe in much the same way as Austin described viewing them as a sort of "counter force" to theirs. There is mutual respect. In fact, I think that Koreans (who are less multi-culturized) are actually quite perplexed by the West's anti-racism. Because they are such a homogenous society with a very recent past that is particularly bloody and terrible, they understand really well how important culture is in order to lift a people. They also appreciate "mi gooks" (or Americans) for saving them from communist tyranny. (The term "mi gook" actually means "beautiful people" or "lovely people," I think.)

They can sniff out what niggerish behavior is a mile away and they hate it. They HATE to take handouts. The beggars in the street there kneel on all fours (all of them) and put their faces down and have a basket in front of them so you can see how much they're getting. It's a stark contrast to our jive-happy street corner bums in Houston. Koreans understand the West didn't just get where it is by robbing and cheating like the Jesse Jackson or that spic from La Raza will have you believe. They idolize people like Bill Gates and generally can't understand whites who fetishize black culture. It's all very clear to them what's superior and what's inferior.

And I think Koreans are most perplexed by how we're "giving it all away," so to speak. In my experience, Koreans were almost unnaturally careful not to say anything bad about browner, darker races around whites. You could almost sense it was them trying to be polite rather than them trying to be egalitarian. I saw enough nonverbal cues to know that they aren't comfortable around these people. They also understand and appreciate subtlety (which is a hallmark of intelligent civilizations). But they don't respect these other foreigners from places like Dubai and Nigeria. They HATE them. In Seoul, the "bad" part of town was the brownest. They won't swallow that the West's cultural bull and I'd imagine them seeing us go down the path we've chosen is not so unlike watching someone whom you respect unknowingly walk off a long plank and perish. That's my guess anyways.

I think the Japanese are more susceptible to multiculturalism because of their "oppressive" past, which makes them a "guilty" party. They don't fit into the Marxist mosaic of victimhood (my phrase) too well in an East Asian context. (Of course, when a Jap comes to America, that changes a bit. Then they look good next to the oppressive white man who put his people in concentration camps.) They supposedly adopted the West's exploitative nature leading up to WWII and supposedly they still have it (which some idiots argue as being the cause of their wealth today). Thus, they are utterly emasculated compared to the Koreans who have little to apologize for in recent times. However, I think they are still race conscious enough to fight when push really comes to shove. They'll tolerate more undesirable races in their city than Koreans, but they won't let it go to pot. I can't imagine any of them saying such destructive and hateful things about their own beautiful culture and people (and get away with it) like that Swedish whore of a politician, Mona Sahlin, has done (just to put their situation into perspective).

I've never been to China. But I agree with the other comments about China, for the most part.

The Thais are a nice enough bunch at times. But they are definitely not what the Koreans, Japs, and Chinese are. There are obvious classes of people within Thai society. The lighter people are the ones who are typically occupy the higher strata of society. The lower class people are also not the hard workers that the Koreans and Japs are. Many of them laze around all day and do next to nothing. Sometimes they'll try to scam tourists here and there. Their food is good. Excellent, in fact. Southeast Asians in general remind me of Latinos (but I'd place them up a bit higher). They are loud and obvious in a lot of ways unlike their Northeast counterparts. They are in your face and often more violent (personal experience). That being said, I still think they have a lovely culture from an aesthetic point of view. But the values they carry with them today are utterly destructive and disgusting. Much of their wealth comes from milking some shades of past achievements. And while some of them are industrious, as a whole, they are utterly outclassed by superior cultures in today's world.

That being said, the Northeast Asians are far from perfect and can be temperamental themselves.

5Pqhnf6XKC8

I really think Christian society has made the West more compassionate over all, too. It's definitely noticable if you look for it.

Sigara
09-23-2010, 10:09 PM
I feel sorry for them in a way. Because they keep themselves to themselves, don't ask for hand-outs and rarely complain people think they're push-overs, mock them and treat them like dirt. Yet if I treated a Muslim in the same way these people treat East Asians, they would scream racist. For some reason it's not "racism" if it's an East Asian.

Cato
09-24-2010, 03:02 AM
Asking for handouts would make an East Asian shameful or a beggar, something which their communal, Confucian lineage (in which every man and woman does his or her part), would very strongly scorn. What is a virtue for pathetic welfare trash westerners is a matter of grave embarrassment for East Asians (i.e. the big three).

Moonbird
10-28-2010, 10:09 PM
The Vietnameses in Ostrobothnia have gotten a bad reputation for holding fellow countrymen as a sort of slave labourers in their restaurants and also for dodgy businesses.

The Lawspeaker
12-19-2010, 08:56 PM
They fascinate me to no end. This particularly goes for Taiwan and Japan for me. And to a lesser extent for certain countries in South East Asia like the Philippines, Netherlands East In.. err Indonesia and Singapore.

Bloodeagle
12-19-2010, 09:19 PM
I have liked most of the Asians that I have met. I am acquainted with a few Koreans, Filipinos and Japanese. Funny thing is they don't really like each other, especially the Japanese and Koreans.
Except for a few cultural practices it would seem that we all put our pants on one leg at a time. :)

I once cleaned an apartment that had had a dozen or so Laotians living in it.
It was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life, filth factor x10! :eek:

SaxonCeorl
12-19-2010, 09:40 PM
I was thinking about this recently, with the rise of China in our future. I think our people can get along well with East Asians, and I hope that we will. We are the two most intelligent races (we're relatively equal in this regard...average East Asian IQ is 105, average white IQ is 100), which I hope will facilitate cooperation between our people.

I just wish the Chinese people would demand better working conditions: this would a.) remedy the West's trade disparity somewhat and b.) improve the living quality of the Chinese people, who deserve better.

Cato
12-20-2010, 01:48 PM
There's a strong undercurrent of sinocentrism in China, the feeling that China is the best. This mindset has been drilled into the Chinese for millenia, at least back to the Zhou/Chou Dynasty (3,000 years ago). Mencius, one of Confucius' followers, had a comment along the lines of "barbarians can be made into Chinese, but I know of no Chinese who can become barbarians". Westerners see seething masses of Chinese, but order has been a foundational aspect of Chinese society for ages.

Another Mencian proverb has him commenting that to value community over self is noble; thinking only of the self creates chaos (i.e. look at the self-centered nature of occidental capitalism and so-called democracies) whereas putting the community over the self is worthy.