PDA

View Full Version : Westworld - The TV Show

Zmey Gorynych
10-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Opinions? Predictions. Who's human, who's not? Who's good, who's bad? What themes do you see in this show? I think it's quite rich in those.

Norse
10-10-2016, 06:17 PM
I don't know but it's a good show so far.

Skjaldemjøden
10-11-2016, 01:40 AM
Watched the first episode yesterday. Looks very promising so far.

Poise n Pen
10-11-2016, 02:07 AM
It has jar jar abrams so it will be good for 2 episodes then turn into SJW bullshit and then wither to nothing in the first season.

Zmey Gorynych
10-11-2016, 12:04 PM
It has jar jar abrams so it will be good for 2 episodes then turn into SJW bullshit and then wither to nothing in the first season.
He's only producing this time so maybe in won't go that route.

Tacitus
10-11-2016, 01:22 PM
So far so good. Watching some of the humans interact in the park its like watching people play GTA.

Anglojew
10-11-2016, 01:39 PM
Fucking awesome!

Zmey Gorynych
10-24-2016, 07:15 PM
So much insight here ... :rolleyes:

OK, the biggest theme here is the myth of creation with Ford being God, Westworld the Garden of Eden and the hosts being man (humans) who are yet to gain consciousness. It is quite telling that a woman (Dolores) is leading the quest for consciousness. I'm not sure whether Dolores is more Eve or Lilith, but definitely a combination of the two. I believe that the image of Adam was split between 2 characters - Bernard the already conscious man who interacts with God and Teddy the clueless Adam who's slow on the turn. Arnold is Lucifer. It remains to be seen if Arnold is one and the same with another character in the show.

The show has an interesting take on the image of God and Satan with Satan being the empathetic figure, someone who truly feels for the humans and wants them to have it all.

Tacitus
10-24-2016, 07:32 PM
So much insight here ... :rolleyes:

OK, the biggest theme here is the myth of creation with Ford being God, Westworld the Garden of Eden and the hosts being man (humans) who are yet to gain consciousness. It is quite telling that a woman (Dolores) is leading the quest for self-awareness. I'm not sure whether Dolores is more Eve or Lilith, but definitely a combination of the two. I believe that the image of Adam was split between 2 characters - Bernard the already conscious man who interacts with God and Teddy the clueless Adam who's slow on the turn. Arnold is Lucifer. It remains to be seen if Arnold is one and the same with another character in the show.

The show has an interesting take on the image of God and Satan with Satan being the empathetic figure, someone who truly feels for the humans and wants them to have it all.

What role does the Man in Black play in your analysis? His arc seems to be the most interesting so far to me – the rest I'm finding kind of boring, but I think that's due to a lack a depth in the real world characters.

Zmey Gorynych
10-24-2016, 07:47 PM
What role does the Man in Black play in your analysis? His arc seems to be the most interesting so far to me – the rest I'm finding kind of boring, but I think that's due to a lack a depth in the real world characters.
I'm thinking he's another character that represents Lucifer. I believe that his brutality towards the hosts is a way to awaken them. His conversation with Teddy and Dolores in the first episode and Lawrence in this 4th episode when he tells him that he wants to set him free is a good indication that he's offering them (the hosts) the apple.

PS: Looks like Ford and The Man in Black will meet in the next episode (or the next few episodes) and Teddy is at Ford's side :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKngMWBO3GU

Skjaldemjøden
10-25-2016, 06:35 PM
Could the maze be a way out of Westworld for hosts who have reached a certain level of conscience? Maybe a test designed by Arnold? Very curious to see how this unfolds.

Pennywise
10-25-2016, 06:55 PM
Looks like going to be a legend. Maybe an another Lost.

Zmey Gorynych
10-28-2016, 10:06 PM
Could the maze be a way out of Westworld for hosts who have reached a certain level of conscience? Maybe a test designed by Arnold? Very curious to see how this unfolds.
In his conversation with Armistice The Man in Black theorizes that it's another level of the game (with real stakes - a place where humans can get killed) but the maze has to be a metaphor for something more.

Looks like going to be a legend. Maybe an another Lost.
Lost is a subpar TV show. It was popular but the writing was poor.

Unome
11-21-2016, 08:20 PM
I love psychological thrillers, great show! :thumb001:

I think the "man in black" is opposed to William who is wearing almost all white. So these two represent the good and evil characters of the story thus far. It ought to be a great series.

MsSPF
12-09-2016, 12:16 AM
These violent delights have violent ends :laugh:

RenaRyuguu
07-29-2019, 06:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OynUUv748wI