PDA

View Full Version : Who is the strongest power in the Balkans?

Mortimer
10-12-2016, 05:13 AM
After Greece, and not counting Turkey (only a small part is properly in Balkan thats why)

Linebacker
10-12-2016, 05:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKKEV6HhmEo

RN97
10-12-2016, 05:17 AM
Romania
http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

Norka
10-12-2016, 05:18 AM
Whoever controls the Rakija production.

Mortimer
10-12-2016, 05:19 AM
Yeah I forgot Rumania and Bulgaria, they are obviously. I should have asked about West Balkan though, Im curious who is stronger Albania, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia etc. I think it was Serbia but NATO armed Albanians etc. and Croatians and they are in NATO but Serbia got some military equipment from Putin. Interesting question.

Laberia
10-12-2016, 08:02 AM
I think the most strongest is the Pan-balcanic Army of Gypsy-Roma. They move so faster from a place to another.

Tschaikisten
10-12-2016, 08:11 AM
No one. All Balkan countries are sock puppets of USA/EU/NATO/IMF/WORLD BANK. There is no difference between us.
All economies are destroyed. All armies are suck.
Maybe just Greece have perspective army for Balkan standards, but as we know Greece is part of EU/NATO.
And this is a fact, no offense to any Balkan nation with this reply.

Geni
10-12-2016, 08:12 AM
Whoever controls the Rakija production.

Then,:lol: is Skrapar in Albania

GoneWithTheWind
10-12-2016, 08:12 AM
Yeah I forgot Rumania and Bulgaria, they are obviously. I should have asked about West Balkan though, Im curious who is stronger Albania, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia etc. I think it was Serbia but NATO armed Albanians etc. and Croatians and they are in NATO but Serbia got some military equipment from Putin. Interesting question.

Serbia had the army of yugoslavia. They had tanks, jets etc. Croats, Bosniaks and Kosovo Albanians had mostly AK's, grenades, pistols etc. Lighter armed people against a military that was top 10 during its time. Not even a comparison.

GoneWithTheWind
10-12-2016, 08:14 AM
No one. All Balkan countries are sock puppets of USA/EU/NATO/IMF/WORLD BANK. There is no difference between us.
All economies are destroyed. All armies are suck.
Maybe just Greece have perspective army for Balkan standards, but as we know Greece is part of EU/NATO.
And this is a fact, no offense to any Balkan nation with this reply.

And I agree with this. Yugoslavia had one fucking powerful army. My father served in it as 17 year old. He used to tell me stories about it.

Geni
10-12-2016, 08:20 AM
Stronger is Slovenia which enables its inhabitants a better life ..voila.. who is stronger

TheGoldenSon
10-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Croatian Army would be my pick.

Insuperable
10-12-2016, 08:29 AM
Serbia had the army of yugoslavia. They had tanks, jets etc. Croats, Bosniaks and Kosovo Albanians had mostly AK's, grenades, pistols etc. Lighter armed people against a military that was top 10 during its time. Not even a comparison.

When we proclaimed independence and left Yugoslavia our leftist politicians gave most of our (technically Yugoslav) weapons away, to Serbia, just before the start of war. Lefists are a disease for any country, but sometimes right wingers can be too.

Insuperable
10-12-2016, 08:30 AM
Croatian Army would be my pick.

It is not the strongest. There are several countries with stronger army.

Laberia
10-12-2016, 09:20 AM
Then,:lol: is Skrapar in Albania

Not only raki. Once in Skrapar was the biggest centre of military industry in Albania. Kallash Policani.

TheGoldenSon
10-12-2016, 09:36 AM
It is not the strongest. There are several countries with stronger army.

Numbers alone are meaningless, it the military equipment and competence of HV's officer core I admire.

Böri
10-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Serbs traditionally have Russian support and still a strong army. They also have the hate and the ideology.

Laberia
10-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Serbs traditionally have Russian support and still a strong army. They also have the hate and the ideology.

The industry of war in Yugoslavia and servia, was build by Americans during 70s of XX century.

joewhite
03-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Serbia

Tellerin
03-09-2017, 11:27 AM
The US embassy.

Böri
03-13-2017, 09:22 AM
The industry of war in Yugoslavia and servia, was build by Americans during 70s of XX century.

who cares in the end of day they own all of you. Serbs have strongest power, most radical ideology and united nation. For 200 years they kicked out so many trash people. Serbs even influence current diverse population of Turkey becaus they kick so many people weak peoples and they send them here. Serbs are Russians of Balkans they are Number 1. Respect to Serbia.

The.Mask
03-13-2017, 10:21 AM
who cares in the end of day they own all of you. Serbs have strongest power, most radical ideology and united nation. For 200 years they kicked out so many trash people. Serbs even influence current diverse population of Turkey becaus they kick so many people weak peoples and they send them here. Serbs are Russians of Balkans they are Number 1. Respect to Serbia.

You are a ridiculous turkish mongrel btw and especially in the way how you express things because one of the people servs hate most are turks (despite the fact that many turks go in Servia for sex tourism).

Servs can barely own their own population when they send thousands of servian prostitutes in albanian pubs and strip clubs.

Servs should thank the west and russians that saved the my from the ottoman genocide in 1817 and ABOVE ALL SHOULD THANK AMERICA LIKE GOD ON EARTH BECAUSE AMERICA SAVED SERVS FROM TOTAL EXTRAMINATION IN WW1 AND WW2 WHEN THE ALLIES OF ALBANIANS LOST BOTH WARS.

more than 20% of Servia is non servian and they have no ideology or unification but mostly media propaganda. If they would have an ideology servs would not lose 40,000 every year since 1995 from bad birth rates.

Some of the first people servs expelled in 1820 were ottoman officers while most of the balkaners in what is b today turkey have gone there for economic reasons and because of the posts they had in the ottoman empire.

They made you mongrels whiter. That is why inferiority complexed turks put in general white looking people in turkish soap operas and not the average brown monobrow turk.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
03-13-2017, 10:34 AM
According to Global Firepower ranking this is their positions:

28th Greece
43rd Romania
67th Bulgaria
68th Croatia
83rd Serbia
90th Albania
111st Slovenia
120th Bosnia and Herzegovina

There was no data for FYRO Macedonia and Montenegro. Considering the West Balkans, Croatia seems to have the most fit army. It is also important to take into consideration the bravery and mindset of each army personnel, being the Serbo-Croats the most brave and the Muslim Slavs and Albos the least brave, most weak-minded.

Böri
03-13-2017, 05:16 PM
Again who the f*ck cares the color of the immigrant? With Syria refugees here there is also lighter refugees like Circassian Syrians. You think we care? they are same. What make our nation exist it's Turks not refugees lighter than other refugees. Subject topic: Serbs are the Russian of Balkan. When we Turks first came they were greatest power (1389 Kosovo) and after we left they are still number 1.

Cristiano viejo
03-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Serbia.

brennus dux gallorum
03-13-2017, 05:55 PM
After Greece, and not counting Turkey (only a small part is properly in Balkan thats why)

I do not count Greece as mostly Balkanic, not to mention that if it was unfortunately it would not be the superpower of the area

I would say in general Romania, followed by Bulgaria

in terms of economy Slovenia

Kelmendasi
03-13-2017, 06:14 PM
According to Global Firepower ranking this is their positions:

28th Greece
43rd Romania
67th Bulgaria
68th Croatia
83rd Serbia
90th Albania
111st Slovenia
120th Bosnia and Herzegovina

There was no data for FYRO Macedonia and Montenegro. Considering the West Balkans, Croatia seems to have the most fit army. It is also important to take into consideration the bravery and mindset of each army personnel, being the Serbo-Croats the most brave and the Muslim Slavs and Albos the least brave, most weak-minded.
Bro, Albanians were always known for their bravery and efficiency in battle which is why Albanian mercenaries were very popular in the Balkans and were always preferred

KrashNick
03-13-2017, 06:28 PM
Kosovo because we have KFOR :D

Ülev
03-13-2017, 06:31 PM
Liberland! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberland ... will rise as a global power

Ylla
03-13-2017, 10:15 PM
And I agree with this. Yugoslavia had one fucking powerful army. My father served in it as 17 year old. He used to tell me stories about it.

My father served too.

Philip Latinowitz
03-13-2017, 10:22 PM
Military speaking ? Greece, by far.

Yugoslav army was not particulary powerful one. Idk why this myth is often repeated on internet discussion boards. What it had, were sheer numbers. Equipment was outdated, officers poorly trained and morale lacking. Current armies of Yugoslav succesor states are far better trained and equipped, but their size are minimalistic.

JohnSmith
03-13-2017, 10:24 PM
Turkey I would think. Greece actually spends a lot of their budget on defense.

Aodhan
03-13-2017, 10:42 PM
Maybe Romania or Bulgaria

Ülev
03-13-2017, 10:42 PM
Aodhan!

Wrong
03-13-2017, 10:53 PM
Military speaking ? Greece, by far.

Yugoslav army was not particulary powerful one. Idk why this myth is often repeated on internet discussion boards. What it had, were sheer numbers. Equipment was outdated, officers poorly trained and morale lacking. Current armies of Yugoslav succesor states are far better trained and equipped, but their size are minimalistic.iirc Yugoslavia had the most tanks and other armored vehicles in Europe after Russia.

Philip Latinowitz
03-13-2017, 11:09 PM
iirc Yugoslavia had the most tanks and other armored vehicles in Europe after Russia.

Idk, it was ranked as fourth European military power in late 80s. But it's meaningless in real combat, they were humiliated by Croats in Vukovar, taking the city after enormous casualties and hundreds of destroyed tanks by poorly equipped locals.

Melki
03-13-2017, 11:21 PM

Even a small part of Turkey is militarily stronger than the whole Balkans peninsula put together.

With that being said, I would bet on Serbia, partly because of its friendship with Russia.

Daco Celtic
07-19-2020, 02:48 AM
The Transylvania region of Romania based on per capita economic output

Cristiano viejo
07-19-2020, 02:55 AM
Honestly, Turkey. Not because its tiny European land but because they influence in Balkans since centuries ago and still.

Daco Celtic
02-16-2021, 10:33 PM
https://youtu.be/T2NdUMJkJ84

Nurzat
02-16-2021, 10:39 PM
I say Yugoslavia

Crn Volk
02-16-2021, 11:13 PM
NATO

gixajo
02-17-2021, 12:04 AM
NATO

:icon_yes:

http://https://militarybases.com/overseas/kosovo/camp-bondsteel/

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/topics_48818.htm

Tauromachos
02-17-2021, 12:37 AM
Serbia

Jugosloven
02-18-2021, 11:56 AM
We are.

Jana
02-18-2021, 11:58 AM
Not sure, but Serbia is among the weakest, since it can't even control territory they consider theirs (Kosovo)

Blondie
02-18-2021, 12:33 PM
Romania

Radomir
02-18-2021, 12:37 PM
Turkey

Wehrmacht
02-18-2021, 12:49 PM
I won't count Turkey, because it's obviously the second powerful country after the US in NATO. Yugoslavia would have been a strong state in the Balkans, if it had not collapsed by splitting into several regional pieces, and apparently it was not that strongest state as many people expected at the time. If you say how well equipped and largest military personnel and troops, but without war experience and militant extremist mindset like Bosnians and Kosovars have, then it would probably be Romania. Anyway you have to know that quality always > quantity in the 1vs1 battle