PDA

View Full Version : Slavs: Do you like your countries?

Albion
09-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Slavs on here, do you like the modern Slavic nation states or would you support alternative nations or even a Slavic union?
Do you like the modern Slavic nations or would you prefer if entities such as Czechoslovakia or Yugoslavia still existed?

Lithium
09-20-2010, 04:19 AM
I like my fatherland, but I hate the goverment. In the future I dont see Bulgaria united in a union only for slavic countries.

poiuytrewq0987
09-20-2010, 04:46 AM
I support Yugoslavia because my narcissism isn't strong enough for me to support tribal nationalism that is doomed to fail. We cannot even begin to think about standing alone against the NATO or other such as Turkey. We tried it in 1999 and look at us now. Slovenia or Croatia also cannot stand alone against either entities for they are not strong enough alone.

It all changed when we were united unto a single nation, Yugoslavia, we suddenly gained something we haven't had for over 500 years, total, absolute independence.

It might be a different story hadn't the Ottomans occupied us for the 500 years and stagnated our civilization but it happened and we need to accept that and unite.

The Ripper
09-20-2010, 10:42 AM
I hope the good Slavs of TA don't mind me butting in, but I think V. raises an important point about total independence and sovereignty. His disdain for "tribal" nationalism is not something I share, but I think it can be coupled with a more far-reaching, perhaps "meta-ethnic" nationalism.

The matter of sovereignty is basically why I would advocate for example a Nordic Union, because it gives us the opportunity to be at the core of our own civilization / geopolitical block, instead of being at fringes of one, where you have minimal say and room for maneuver. A meta-ethnic, geopolitical federation along the lines of Switzerland in terms of local and national autonomy would be optimal in my opinion.

Monolith
09-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Slavs on here, do you like the modern Slavic nation states or would you support alternative nations or even a Slavic union?
I, for one, am very happy to have my nation, regardless of the fact we're not some ueber strong military or political power, and that most of our contemporary politicians are ass-kissing EU lapdogs. And I'll always be fiercely opposed to any kind of supranational entity involving my nation. My identity and my country's sovereignty are sacrosanct.

...or would you prefer if entities such as Czechoslovakia or Yugoslavia still existed?
Nope, that's just Voinstvennyi. And he's crazy. And maybe a couple of Serbs, Bosnians and Slovenes. And my friend's grandma.

It all changed when we were united unto a single nation, Yugoslavia, we suddenly gained something we haven't had for over 500 years, total, absolute independence.
http://www.rotskyinstitute.com/rotsky/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/rotflmao.jpg

The matter of sovereignty is basically why I would advocate for example a Nordic Union, because it gives us the opportunity to be at the core of our own civilization / geopolitical block, instead of being at fringes of one, where you have minimal say and room for maneuver. A meta-ethnic, geopolitical federation along the lines of Switzerland in terms of local and national autonomy would be optimal in my opinion.
But you people are different. Balkanic Slavs are insane, power hungry, corrupted hillbillies. I blame the Turks.

Guapo
09-20-2010, 05:02 PM
But you people are different. Balkanic Slavs are insane, power hungry, corrupted hillbillies. I blame the Turks.

I blame the harsh Dinaric mountains. west slavs and Bulgarians are total opposites regarding personality and they were under Ottomans too. Turks have nothing to do with it. Like one Bulgarian woman told me, "I should have married a Yugoslav, you guys are crazy and awsome in bed".

Lithium
09-20-2010, 05:29 PM
It is not fair to talk about one nationality, when you haven't visited the country for more than a week. The medias are showing just a part of the people, and they are not enough to consider the whole behavior of one nationality. You just can't be enought objective...

Guapo
09-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Majority of Bulgarians are pagans too.

Tomasz
09-20-2010, 05:38 PM
I love my country's history and culture and I'm proud of my heritage. But the modern Polish state is what I hate. We could catch up with the rest of Europe economically but our stupid "politicians" (of often non-Polish ancestry, who belong to the "god's chosen people") halt this process. But after all, we have better situation with immigration than in the West but it's getting worse every day...

Lithium
09-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Majority of Bulgarians are pagans too.
The majority of Bulgarians aren't wild bastard balkanics

Guapo
09-20-2010, 05:50 PM

Monolith said that, not me.Mmmkay?

Monolith
09-20-2010, 05:50 PM
I blame the harsh Dinaric mountains.
Yeah, that too. Damn mountaineers.

Sorry, I meant no offense. I should have said I don't know much about you guys. Same goes for Macedonians. Croats, Serbs, Bosniaks and Montenegrins on the other hand..

P.S.
It has to be said that people who live in ex-Yu nations do possess qualities, but they are IMEO dwarfed for the most part by a myriad of disastrous flaws.

Lithium
09-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Monolith said that, not me.Mmmkay?

I think that your ironic attempt wasnt on the right place :thumb001:

Guapo
09-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Go sacrifice a lamb or smthing.

Albion
09-20-2010, 07:19 PM

Yes, that's one of the things I liked about Yugoslavia, it made the peoples there able to compete on a more equal field, Yugoslavia didn't even take orders from Russia.

Radojica
09-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Yes, that's one of the things I liked about Yugoslavia, it made the peoples there able to compete on a more equal field, Yugoslavia didn't even take orders from Russia.

Actually, it was Yugoslavia who did not fear to go into direct conflict with Soviets and was even willing to go to war against SSSR and even declared partial mobilization after Soviets tanks entered Czechoslovakia in 1968. As the matter of fact, SFRJ had two defensive plans, one against invasion of NATO forces and another from SSSR forces.

A proof for that is that the immediate aftermath of World War II, there occurred several armed incidents between Yugoslavia and the Western Allies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Allies). Following the war, Yugoslavia recovered the territory of Istria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istria), as well as the cities of Zadar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zadar) and Rijeka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rijeka) that had been taken by Italy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy) in the 1920s. Yugoslav leadership was looking to incorporate Trieste (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Territory_of_Trieste) into the country as well, which was opposed by the Western Allies. This led to several armed incidents, notably air attacks of Yugoslav fighter planes on U.S. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.) transport aircraft, causing bitter criticism from the west. From 1945 to 1948, at least four US aircraft were shot down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tito%E2%80%93Stalin_split

About topic, I do have love/hate relationship with my country and it seems it is going to stay that way for a long period of time:sad:.

Guapo
09-20-2010, 07:46 PM

Tito ruined the concept of a South Slav country with his imaginary republics and borders that never existed. The Kingdom of Yugoslavia was the real deal which Churchill stabbed in the back after the war:

http://cro-eu.com/galerija-fotografija/albums/userpics/10001/9-Kraljevina_Jugoslavija_-_podjela_na_banovine_1931.jpg

Monolith
09-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Yes, that's one of the things I liked about Yugoslavia, it made the peoples there able to compete on a more equal field
Tell me you're kidding me. :dielaughing:

Yugoslavia didn't even take orders from Russia.
Yeah, but it took money from America. So that's about the same as taking orders. :D

I now expect Void to start whining about how great the former country was. boo hoo. good riddance and rest in pieces I say.

Albion
09-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Tito ruined the concept of a South Slav country with his imaginary republics and borders that never existed. The Kingdom of Yugoslavia was the real deal which Churchill stabbed in the back after the war:

http://cro-eu.com/galerija-fotografija/albums/userpics/10001/9-Kraljevina_Jugoslavija_-_podjela_na_banovine_1931.jpg

I don't think Churchill could have stopped anything, after WWII Britain was on the scrap heap.

Albion
09-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Tell me you're kidding me.

Why? I'm not saying I admire Yugoslavia, I'm just saying that was one positive aspect of it. I know it wouldn't have stood up to Russia or America for long, but compared to say Italy or Spain it was at a more comparable level than the modern republics are.

Monolith
09-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Why?
Hmm.. Let's say multinational entities are very rarely level playing fields for those involved. There's always a party that strives to dominate and has relatively more power than other parties.

I'm not saying I admire Yugoslavia, I'm just saying that was one positive aspect of it. I know it wouldn't have stood up to Russia or America for long, but compared to say Italy or Spain it was at a more comparable level than the modern republics are.
More comparable in what terms? If you're talking about military, then you're probably correct.

Albion
09-22-2010, 06:21 PM
More comparable in what terms? If you're talking about military, then you're probably correct.

Military and influence.

Sarmata
09-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Ofcourse I like my country...I'm pround from our history and heroes. Besides that ,this land it's also mine I'm not some nomad or gypsy.:)
Tomasz said about politicians well our people voted for them not You and me but still "majority". So maybe I don't like those "majority"- brainwashed modern "europeans".
About unions etc., sometimes I dream about reborn Rzeczpospolita, union between related Slavic(Poles, Belorussians, Western-Ukrainians) and also Baltic(Lithuanians) countries.Ofcourse it's only a dream becouse of hate, but maybe one day;)...

Mikula
07-10-2013, 09:47 PM
I love my Czech country. I loved to be a Czechoslovak, too. Its end was bitter for me. But perhaps is better to be friends with Slovaks and to have each own souvereign country than to live with them in one country and be bad to each other.

Gorštak
07-10-2013, 09:53 PM
I don't have any Slavs patriotism inside me.
Bosniaks do not even mention Slavs in conversation.
If I have not seen that is written on Wikipedia, I would not even know that we are Slavs.

Windischer
07-10-2013, 10:01 PM
i think it would be better if czechoslovakia existed. i was born in czechoslovakia, after all :D
everyone in my family says they were against the dissolution. the support for dividing the federation came from "the other part" of slovakia.

edit: ehh so, to finish the post:
well. i cant say i like slovakia very much. too many bananas in this republic :D we are much better off than our neighbours in ukraine, sure, but still, this country was founded by gangsters and for gangsters, with support of nationalistic, brainwashed rabble.

Szegedist
07-10-2013, 10:04 PM
i think it would be better if czechoslovakia existed. i was born in czechoslovakia, after all :D
everyone in my family says they were against the dissolution. the support for dividing the federation came from "the other part" of slovakia.

There wasn't even a referendum, it was just something the politicians decided. It was pretty much for Mr Mečiar to create his own little mafia state ;)

Veneda
07-10-2013, 10:06 PM
I love my country and I am proud that none of my ancestors didn't forsake the land they came from and for which their shed their blood in the past.

Lena
07-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Love my country very much. I've no ill will for the rest of Ex Yu (South Slavs), it's just that we're doing better alone.

Veneda
07-10-2013, 10:14 PM
I don't have any Slavs patriotism inside me.

If so, then why Medieval lilies are present in your avatar?

Windischer
07-10-2013, 10:20 PM
If I have not seen that is written on Wikipedia, I would not even know that we are Slavs.

says a lot about your general knowledge of the outer world.
such ignorance in 21th century...

i understand that my grandma was surprised when she learned few years ago that ukrainians speak ukrainian (she thought its russian). cuz she was forester and peasant from a village.

but you? ouch

Mans not hot
07-10-2013, 10:20 PM
I like my country because of its rich history, culture and tradition, but Poland would be much better country if there is a chance to change that, though the potential potholes and pitfalls remain..

Lucifer
07-10-2013, 10:27 PM
If so, then why Medieval lilies are present in your avatar?

maybe because the bosnian lilies are the symbol of bosniaks? i don't see the link with slavs, an eagle maybe but our lilies not.

Gorštak
07-10-2013, 10:34 PM
says a lot about your general knowledge of the outer world.
such ignorance in 21th century...

i understand that my grandma was surprised when she learned few years ago that ukrainians speak ukrainian (she thought its russian). cuz she was forester and peasant from a village.

but you? ouch

My friend, if you ever come in some place where are Bosniaks majority, don't bring this " Slavs " flag
if you do not want that someone hurt youhttp://zaslike.com/files/i7ip5wbzdl47buxksv.png

The worst things to us did people who wore those markings on uniforms.

Mans not hot
07-10-2013, 10:34 PM
I love my country and I am proud that none of my ancestors didn't forsake the land they came from and for which their shed their blood in the past.
And also, we 're proud of our ancestors that they never gave up and that's why they fought the foreigners and won.

Windischer
07-10-2013, 10:42 PM
it also depends whether you mean country as a land or country as a political unit (the state).
my land, sure, i love it, its history and culture (which is my major hobby), languages, people (who can be pretty backwards though), natural features
my country, well, thats basically just an administration. why would someone love this? only a masochist or a bureaucrat would do so :D
unless the administration is amazing, which is not in most cases.
what is so great about statehood? nothing, its only a means to reach certain ends (safety, rule of law, etc). all the fuss about loving the country (political unit) is only a brainwash by ruling class (if we can call it like this).
nationalism is nothing but a distraction to keep people from thinking about what the ruling class does.
sometimes it serves to justify various wrongdoings and crimes.
"every good slovak is wary of a hungarian! you dont hate hungarians? you traitor! youre paid by [insert west/jews/hungarians/hungarojews]"

Veneda
07-10-2013, 10:46 PM
maybe because the bosnian lilies are the symbol of bosniaks? i don't see the link with slavs, an eagle maybe but our lilies not.

No. Original bosnian lilies are the symbol of pre-Ottoman Bosnian Slavs. They have nothing to do do with the continuity of your Bosniaks tradition after you accepted Ottomans rules in Bosnia.

Szegedist
07-10-2013, 10:47 PM
"every good slovak is wary of a hungarian! you dont hate hungarians? you traitor! youre paid by [insert west/jews/hungarians/hungarojews]"

:laugh: you would be surprised how true that is....

RandoBloom
07-10-2013, 10:51 PM
No. Original bosnian lilies are the symbol of pre-Ottoman Bosnian Slavs. They have nothing to do do with the continuity of your Bosniaks tradition after you accepted Ottomans rules in Bosnia.

They have everything to do with our traditions and beliefs :)
We accepted?
We were persecuted for our Bogomil religion by our king, who was weak and forced to do that by Vatican, promised help by Europe, which never came, and then conquered by Ottomans. I dont see that as accepting. Also I dont see that ocupation as a stoping point for our history and country. Religion changed. That was all.

Gorštak
07-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Most Bosniak today are progeny of medieval Bosniaks.
And we are proud that we were Islamized, we perceive it as a positive step forward:smokin01:

Veneda
07-10-2013, 10:57 PM
And also, we 're proud of our ancestors that they never gave up and that's why they fought the foreigners and won.
There is something bitter in it. Our great ancestors as Kościuszko and Puławski turn in their graves when they see what happened with American society for which they payed the highest price.

Lucifer
07-10-2013, 10:57 PM

this is the kotromanic coat of arms, from kotroman the goth, but whatever, bosniaks shed their blood for those lilies so telling that it doesn't have nothing to do with us is a big joke. it's the symbol of our sovereignty on our lands, not the symbol of slavia or anything like this.

Windischer
07-10-2013, 11:02 PM

i would add: "and won, ethnically cleansing or genociding all those evil nonpolish people (although austrian painter helped a lot), so our beloved poland is so beautifully homogeneous now" :D

sorry i just couldnt resist :D

Veneda
07-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Most Bosniak today are progeny of medieval Bosniaks.
And we are proud that we were Islamized, we perceive it as a positive step forward:smokin01:

Summarizing, you suffer from Stockholm syndrome. You may keep Medieval lilies as your Bosniak symbol, if it brings you a relief.

RandoBloom
07-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Summarizing, you suffer from Stockholm syndrome. You may keep Medieval lilies as your Bosniak symbol, if it brings you a relief.

May I ask why shouldnt we keep them :)

Windischer
07-10-2013, 11:06 PM
dear black swan, you dont have to worry about any slavic flags or whatever combination of color stripes, i was pointing to lack of basic knowledge - that bosniaks are slavs.

RandoBloom
07-10-2013, 11:11 PM
dear black swan, you dont have to worry about any slavic flags or whatever combination of color stripes, i was pointing to lack of basic knowledge - that bosniaks are slavs.

Not really :)
Genetics dont suport that. Nor does anything else. We are just slavicized Illyrians for most part.

Gorštak
07-10-2013, 11:16 PM
I don't need relief.
I am Bosniak, I am Muslim , and I don't plan to change anything of those.
In Yugoslavia we could not declera as Bosniaks on census, they didn't allowed that, so in protest on census 1948 Bosniaks only declare themselfs as " uncommitted". More than 30% people in Bosnia in that time declared as uncommitted.
Our struggle for our national name was hard, but we won.

Lucifer
07-10-2013, 11:17 PM

if you think bosniaks were the victims of islam of something, you can live in your dream world, the real stockholm syndrome is for those wou'd convert to orthodoxism and catholicism, the faiths that waged wars on heretical bosnia in the midleage and those who praise yougoslavia today.

Windischer
07-10-2013, 11:17 PM
genetics are completely out of play
slavicized whatever --> slavicized --> means that youre slavic

RandoBloom
07-10-2013, 11:19 PM

Speaking slavic form of language because of Slavenization. Geneticaly Illyrian. Culturaly - forever different from our neighbours. Mentality is also diferent. Religiously also always diferent

Windischer
07-10-2013, 11:22 PM
there is nothing like "illyrian genes" and please dont even start with that mythology.
all slavs are culturally different from their neighbours.
your mentality is similar to mentality of other yugoslavians.
religion doesnt make anyone more or less slavic.
language is slavic, finito.

you arent any less slavic than your serb friends, bro

Veneda
07-10-2013, 11:24 PM
May I ask why shouldnt we keep them :)

May I ask why you beheaded the last ruler of pre-Ottoman Bosnia who fought against Ottomans invasion when your ancestors invaded Bosnia? If Bosniaks don't consider themselves Slavs, why do they so easily accept symbols not belonging to their culture? Star and crescent should be enough for you.

RandoBloom
07-10-2013, 11:25 PM
there is nothing like "illyrian genes" and please dont even start with that mythology.
all slavs are culturally different from their neighbours.
your mentality is similar to mentality of other yugoslavians.
religion doesnt make anyone more or less slavic.
language is slavic, finito.

you arent any less slavic than your serb friends, bro

Oh but there are good sir, there are those Genes :)
Native to this region exclusively, and different from those possesed by Serbs and Croats :)
Our culture is unique. And so is our mentality. We arent inclined to murder of civilians. We are better soldiers than them. Mentality between Serbs and us is different to extremes :)
Maybe so :)
Albanians on Kosovo speak Slavic language as well :)
Guess they are Slavs par-excelence

Windischer
07-10-2013, 11:28 PM
anyway i just noticed this thread is being trolled by some balkan problem again, what a coincidence :D

i admit i helped hijacking it, though. i regret.

edit: ill try to keep myself from offtopic. no promises, though :D

Gorštak
07-10-2013, 11:29 PM
May I ask why you beheaded the last ruler of pre-Ottoman Bosnia who fought against Ottomans invasion when your ancestors invaded Bosnia? If Bosniaks don't consider themselves Slavs, why do they so easily accept symbols not belonging to their culture? Star and crescent should be enough for you.
http://zaslike.com/files/l7r6spwr21bsbud3nz1.gif

I see now that you have some bad thoughts about Bosniaks, so I will not anymore try to explain you something.

RandoBloom
07-10-2013, 11:30 PM

Who beheaded? Oh that would be Turks and their Serbian troops :)
I have a strange and unique wibe that you are confusing us with Turks :)
May I sugest a remedy in form of aranged and simbol filled leafs of thinly cut wood, called book.
Since Bosniaks also fought against Turks, won an awesome victory at battle of Bileca against the Turks and many more :)
We accepted Islam since it was similar to our Bogomil beliefs and since we were betrayed by europe and persecuted by our King for European interests.
Symbols not belonging...? I cant recall any Slavs using those symbols :)
Here maybe this will help :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilium_bosniacum
http://www.infobar.ba/mag/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/liliumbosniacum-.jpg

Now, may I help to enlighten you with anything else?

Veneda
07-10-2013, 11:37 PM
I don't need relief.
I am Bosniak, I am Muslim , and I don't plan to change anything of those.
In Yugoslavia we could not declera as Bosniaks on census, they didn't allowed that, so in protest on census 1948 Bosniaks only declare themselfs as " uncommitted". More than 30% people in Bosnia in that time declared as uncommitted.
Our struggle for our national name was hard, but we won.

if you think bosniaks were the victims of islam of something, you can live in your dream world, the real stockholm syndrome is for those wou'd convert to orthodoxism and catholicism, the faiths that waged wars on heretical bosnia in the midleage and those who praise yougoslavia today.

Drink a warm cocoa and dream your Turkish dreams. I consider you as our lost Slavic tribe which lives in their own wonderland. Sweet dreams and see you later after you wake up. Hopefully :)

RandoBloom
07-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Drink a warm cocoa and dream your Turkish dreams. I consider you as our lost Slavic tribe which lives in their own wonderland. Sweet dreams and see you later after you wake up. Hopefully :)

Nice evade of my post :)
Turkish dreams?

Gorštak
07-10-2013, 11:43 PM

Do not beat around the bush, just say it directly, Islam is what' bother you about Bosniaks:icon_lol:

Veneda
07-10-2013, 11:44 PM
For me Bosniaks are Slavs who wear pantaloons. Should I explain more? :)

RandoBloom
07-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Do not beat around the bush, just say it directly, Islam is what what' bother you about Bosniaks:icon_lol:

Of course it is. It is never important how much you practice it, you can be a muslim only by name or be a wahabi cleric, they will hate you the same :D

RandoBloom
07-10-2013, 11:46 PM
For me Bosniaks are Slavs who wear pantaloons. Should I explain more? :)

Not slavs :)
But what should we wear? Kilts?

Lucifer
07-10-2013, 11:48 PM

remember that bosniaks were good yugoslavs and believed in this state untill the slavic dream was over, since then, we associate only with our own people and with those who send us weapons.

RandoBloom
07-10-2013, 11:49 PM
remember that bosniaks were good yugoslavs and believed in this state untill the slavic dream was over, since then, we associate only with our own people and with those who send us weapons.

We were stupid. We believed in some brotherhood and bullshit and we got repaid by bulets and knives.
If we didnt believe in that crap and instead prepared for war situation would be different .)

CrystalMaiden
07-10-2013, 11:50 PM

TBH I would have prefered that we were a Germanic or Romance nation, but Slavs are just pathetic...

CrystalMaiden
07-10-2013, 11:51 PM

Our last king was a pathetic idiot which whored our Kingdom to the retards in Rome and devastated our defences in moronic civil wars against Church of Bosnia.

Another symbol of the degeneracy produced by the distancing from our Illro-Gothic roots.

Veneda
07-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Kilts are not in the range of Slavic culture, so nor pantaloons are. Standard pants will be ok, but for some reason you don't obey :)

CrystalMaiden
07-10-2013, 11:56 PM

Those Bavarian half skirts look nice :)

Lucifer
07-10-2013, 11:57 PM
We were stupid. We believed in some brotherhood and bullshit and we got repaid by bulets and knives.
If we didnt believe in that crap and instead prepared for war situation would be different .)

yes, but it shows you that once we put our slavic identity above all while our neighbour associates didn't and had their own agenda, i think veneda is naive like we were before the 90's. the day poland will associate with russia under a slavic motto, it'll be against polish people because sooner or later russians will push their nationalist agenda forwards.

Szegedist
07-10-2013, 11:57 PM
If they don't want into "united greater Slavia wet dream", why shove it down their throats?

RandoBloom
07-10-2013, 11:59 PM
yes, but it shows you that once we put our slavic identity above all while our neighbour associates didn't and had their own agenda, i think veneda is naive like we were efore the 90's. the day poland will associate with russia under a slavic motto, it'll be against polish people because sooner or later russians will push their nationalist agenda forwards.

Bah let them believe anything they want. Russia will just use them and expand on their expense.

CrystalMaiden
07-11-2013, 12:00 AM
If they don't want into "united greater Slavia wet dream", why shove it down their throats?

True, I prefer the Turanic Kingdom of Bosgaria :)

Veneda
07-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Our last king was a pathetic idiot which whored our Kingdom to the retards in Rome and devastated our defences in moronic civil wars against Church of Bosnia.

Another symbol of the degeneracy produced by the distancing from our Illro-Gothic roots.

I love your way of distancing yourself from the rest Slavs :)

RandoBloom
07-11-2013, 12:01 AM

We would prefer Illyria though :)

CrystalMaiden
07-11-2013, 12:05 AM
I love your way of distancing yourself from the rest Slavs :)

Didn't do us much good.

Veneda
07-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Didn't do us much good.

Didn't do Turks to us as well. Bosnia must be an exception who loves them :)

RandoBloom
07-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Didn't do Turks to us as well. Bosnia must be an exception who loves them :)

Well when everyone else except Turks wants you to be dead you dont have much choice in making friends :D

Aladdin
07-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Well when everyone else except Turks wants you to be dead you dont have much choice in making friends :D

Why Bosniaks love Turks so much?

RandoBloom
07-11-2013, 12:21 AM

I think I answered but I will answer again. Everyone else wants us dead or converted

Veneda
07-11-2013, 12:22 AM

Paradoxically, Poles have no problems with Turks. We respect each others, so you shouldn't bother about our friends :)

Gorštak
07-11-2013, 12:25 AM

Like in every relationship, we had our problems:argue:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?84298-What-Ottomans-did-to-us-in-19th-century

But in the end true love wins:love:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?86604-Now-I-know-why-Erdogan-likes-Bosniaks&p=1738862

Aladdin
07-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Like in every relationship, we had our problems:argue:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?84298-What-Ottomans-did-to-us-in-19th-century

But in the end true love wins:love:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?86604-Now-I-know-why-Erdogan-likes-Bosniaks&p=1738862

I heard there is 6 million people with Bosniak ancestry in Turkey. Maybe thats one of the reasons.

CrystalMaiden
07-11-2013, 12:27 AM

Common history, religion, language and culture :)

RandoBloom
07-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Paradoxically, Poles have no problems with Turks. We respect each others, so you shouldn't bother about our friends :)

Why should I care about your opinion of the Turks? I care about your hate towars us :)

RandoBloom
07-11-2013, 12:28 AM
I heard there is 6 million people with Bosniak ancestry in Turkey. Maybe thats one of the reasons.

8 milion :D
But yeah :)

Gorštak
07-11-2013, 12:35 AM
Common history, religion, language and culture :)
:033102st:
Just because we have a lot of words of Turkish origin doesn't make language similar.
Actually, avarage Bosniak and Turk on their language can't make any conversation.

Veneda
07-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Why should I care about your opinion of the Turks? I care about your hate towars us :)
There is no hate toward you. Bosniaks are my favourite non-Slavs on denial :)

RandoBloom
07-11-2013, 12:40 AM

Funny, considering us Turks and all that :coffee:

Lucifer
07-11-2013, 12:51 AM
one thing is sure, we're more slavs than illyrians.
sorry to break your deams :D

Veneda
07-11-2013, 12:56 AM
Funny, considering us Turks and all that :coffee:

You consider yourself Turk followers, so I'm following for your desires :)

Methmatician
07-11-2013, 01:00 AM
8 milion :D
But yeah :)

*2 million.

Mikula
07-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Dear Bosniaks,
after the bloody events of the last decades, I can understand that you are trying to prove that you are different than your catholic and orthodox Slavic neighbours. Your religion, culture, perhaps mentality could be actually different, but you cannot deny, that your native language is a Slavic language. According Illyric, Gothic or whatever non-Slavic parts of your genetical background - do you think that Bosnian Serbs or Croats, are of different origin? There is nothing as racial pure Slavic peoples, today. Czechs cannot deny culture and genetical influences of Germans (and there is also some Celtic heritage), but they are Slavs, though. Russians are influenced by various non-Slavic ethnics, but they are Slavs, though. Bulgars were Turkic tribes assimilated with Slavs - today speak Slavic language, it means that Bulgars are Slavic nation, today.

Norka
07-11-2013, 08:20 AM
I'm a patriot of my country! :strokebeard: but I really hate the government.

Sarmatian
07-11-2013, 08:57 AM
...The worst things to us did people who wore those markings on uniforms.

The worst thing to you did those who turned your people to Islam. That is the root of all your problems.

Lucifer
07-11-2013, 10:22 AM
The worst thing to you did those who turned your people to Islam. That is the root of all your problems.

ottomans didn't burn our villages, didn't create concentration camps, didn't rape in mass, didn't slaughter their neighbours...
but they committed one thing that is indeed the root of problems in bosnia : they settled vlachs who later assimilated to serbians.

RandoBloom
07-11-2013, 10:24 AM
*2 million.

2 milion in Bosnia.
1 milion across the world from the last war.
and 8 milion descendants of Bosniaks who were deported to Turkey live there today.

Aladdin
07-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Everyone can believe what they want to. Is that an excuse?:picard1:

Arbërori
07-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Actually, Ottomans did do that... The problem is that Serbs did it, who were their neighbours, screw the Turks, it's not like they're human anyways.

RandoBloom
07-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Sure, your ancestors were never oppressed and subject to violence during the Ottoman occupation paradise on earth. :rolleyes:

They actualy never were. We were persecuted by our last king though since we were "heretics"
As for ottomans we had rights better than before :)

Windischer
07-11-2013, 11:40 AM
i thought those vlachs were predominantly serbian.
vast majority of european vlachs in late middle-ages werent romance speaking people. vlach is an orthodox/uniate free shepherd, irrespective of ethnicity.

Lucifer
07-11-2013, 11:53 AM
i thought those vlachs were predominantly serbian.
vast majority of european vlachs in late middle-ages werent romance speaking people. vlach is an orthodox/uniate free shepherd, irrespective of ethnicity.

yes they were assimililated by serbian church, but they're not native from bosnia, they were brought by ottomans to repopulate military frontier.

Trun
07-11-2013, 11:53 AM
The only Slavic union I support is between Bulgaria and FYROM. Serbia + Montenegro, Russia + Belarus and Czech rep + Slovak rep are also somewhat justified. Others will cause a war sooner or later.

Gorštak
07-11-2013, 01:04 PM
The only Slavic union I support is between Bulgaria and FYROM. Serbia + Montenegro, Russia + Belarus and Czech rep + Slovak rep are also somewhat justified. Others will cause a war sooner or later.

One short time we and Croats were united in same state , Independent State of Croatia, but it was just during WW2 and because it was "nazi puppet" state it's destroyed after war.
If it was built on a better basis I think that it could work.

CrystalMaiden
07-11-2013, 04:26 PM

And you are my favorite Slav :)

Windischer
07-11-2013, 07:38 PM
another thing that i forgot.

nation state. its becoming a thing of past, at least in europe, whether you like it or not; the process began in 2nd half of 20th century: first, various federations or unions of nation states fell apart thanks to separatism; then nation states themselves started to struggle with separatism and began falling apart, while, at the same time, a new integration process (federalization, dare i say) accelerated.

nation state is mostly an ineffective and anachronistic colossus sentenced to federalize, fall apart to smaller nation states which shall federalize, or rot in its own juice. its inevitable in europe and sooner or later it will affect rest of this planet, too. clinging to past and anachronism means destruction. nobody can escape this.

its our moral duty to ensure that the process goes with as little violence as possible and as fast as possible.

CrystalMaiden
07-11-2013, 08:21 PM
another thing that i forgot.

nation state. its becoming a thing of past, at least in europe, whether you like it or not; the process began in 2nd half of 20th century: first, various federations or unions of nation states fell apart thanks to separatism; then nation states themselves started to struggle with separatism and began falling apart, while, at the same time, a new integration process (federalization, dare i say) accelerated.

nation state is mostly an ineffective and anachronistic colossus sentenced to federalize, fall apart to smaller nation states which shall federalize, or rot in its own juice. its inevitable in europe and sooner or later it will affect rest of this planet, too. clinging to past and anachronism means destruction. nobody can escape this.

its our moral duty to ensure that the process goes with as little violence as possible and as fast as possible.

Spoken like a Jew :)

Windischer
07-11-2013, 08:26 PM
i love you too, konzervo :D

CrystalMaiden
07-11-2013, 08:28 PM
i love you too, konzervo :D

One of those VBV's Slavorum arse shanking mates?

justme
08-24-2013, 12:44 PM
It will cause another war like Yugoslavia...

And Bosnians are mainly Slavic, both language wise and genetically... We don't know what genes illyrians had... In order to claim illyrian genes you have to wait till kosovo gets tested which according to IGENEA they have not been tested.

There are loads of countries, regions, tribes and clans that have not been tested... In order to get a proper reading we have to test everyone living on earth.

Bosniaks to me look like Lithuanian-Polish people mixed with Albanians.. I've been to Bosnia and I've seen handful that can easily pass as Albanian from kosovo.