PDA

View Full Version : Who would you say Ashkenazis phenotypically overlap with the most?

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 03:29 AM
I've seen ashkenazis who look like all kind of Europeans, but most I've seen look central or western european (like German, Hungarian, French, etc), while some looked more south european. I've only met like 2 ashkenazis who look stereotypically jewish.

Out of the options, who would you choose (you can choose up to two or three)

- Western Europeans
- Northern Europeans
- Central Europeans
- Eastern Europeans
- Southwestern Europeans (Iberians and South French people)
- South Europeans - Balkans
- South Europeans (Italians, Greeks, etc)
- North Caucasians
- South Caucasians
- Turks
- Levantines

Sikeliot
10-17-2016, 03:54 AM
Malta and Sicily, especially those around Palermo, Agrigento, and Caltanissetta.

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 03:55 AM
Malta and Sicily, especially those around Palermo, Agrigento, and Caltanissetta.

Maltese and Sicily? LOL. Maybe sefardic jews, but idk about Ashkenazi Jews.

Sikeliot
10-17-2016, 04:08 AM
Maltese and Sicily? LOL. Maybe sefardic jews, but idk about Ashkenazi Jews.

I was referring to Ashkenazim.

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 04:09 AM
I was referring to Ashkenazim.

Yeah, they don't look like Maltese people and Sicilians. A lot look North Italian, but a minority look southern italian.

Zhǎng gōngshǒu
10-17-2016, 04:10 AM
Sicilians and Southern Italians.

TheForeigner
10-17-2016, 04:11 AM
I voted Southern Europeans. I think Italians are closest to them.

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 04:12 AM
I voted Southern Europeans. I think Italians are closest to them.

Genetically, Sicilians are. But phenotypically they don't look it at all, at least the ones I've seen.

TheForeigner
10-17-2016, 04:16 AM
Genetically, Sicilians are. But phenotypically they don't look it at all, at least the ones I've seen.

Yes Askhenazi Jews are whiter than Italians, but have similar features, like the big and crooked nose.

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 04:21 AM
Yes Askhenazi Jews are whiter than Italians, but have similar features, like the big and crooked nose.

I don't see it that often, but some jews do have the "nose." For me, what gives away if a person is a jew or not is if they have the "egg shaped" face. If they wear glasses, their jewishness usually comes out more.

Sikeliot
10-17-2016, 04:29 AM

Ashkenazim would have looked more like Sicilians, but I think that persecution led to the more "Jewish" looking Jews being easily recognizable and perishing, while those who assimilated better phenotypically were able to pass and avoid such treatment.

TheForeigner
10-17-2016, 04:33 AM
Inbreeding and European admixture makes them lighter and distinctive looking.

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 04:34 AM
Ashkenazim would have looked more like Sicilians, but I think that persecution led to the more "Jewish" looking Jews being easily recognizable and perishing, while those who assimilated better phenotypically were able to pass and avoid such treatment.

That's just a rumor. They still all had jewish names, checked off being jewish in documents, etc

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 04:36 AM
Inbreeding and European admixture makes them lighter and distinctive looking.

It's true. Practically all half MENAs and half euros just look full euro.

TheForeigner
10-17-2016, 04:40 AM

I read a study once that claimed there was a huge population collapse of European Jews in the middle ages and the much smaller population left passed on it"s traits and had to marry cousins, since there were less available mates. It also caused a genetic bottleneck and Jews get a high incidence of some rare diseases because of it. Funny that Jews like to call other inbreds and laugh at them, but they are one of the most inbred populations.

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 05:07 AM
I read a study once that claimed there was a huge population collapse of European Jews in the middle ages and the much smaller population left passed on it"s traits and had to marry cousins, since there were less available mates. It also caused a genetic bottleneck and Jews get a high incidence of some rare diseases because of it. Funny that Jews like to call other inbreds and laugh at them, but they are one of the most inbred populations.

I mean it's true. I knew a jewish guy who had a family member who suffered from it. He was also one of the only jews I met in person who was aware that he has significant middle eastern ancestry.

TheForeigner
10-17-2016, 05:09 AM
I mean it's true. I knew a jewish guy who had a family member who suffered from it. He was also one of the only jews I met in person who was aware that he has significant middle eastern ancestry.

Are American Jews so ignorant of their own history and origins?

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 05:14 AM

The ones I met have often thought that they are simply polish people and Russians with a jewish religion despite having completely different last names from the slavs lol. They practically mostly identify as white Europeans, but in tumblr it seems to be the ither way around for some odd reasons. If you try calling a jew white there and telling them about their "white privilege," they'll smash that person in a debate. Are the ones in Europe more aware of it?

Some of them are atheist but still identif you as "ethnic jews," but "European ethnic jews."

TheForeigner
10-17-2016, 05:20 AM
The ones I met have often thought that they are simply polish people and Russians with a jewish religion despite having completely different last names from the slavs lol. They practically mostly identify as white Europeans, but in tumblr it seems to be the ither way around for some odd reasons. If you try calling a jew white there and telling them about their "white privilege," they'll smash that person in a debate. Are the ones in Europe more aware of it?

Some of them are atheist but still identif you as "ethnic jews," but "European ethnic jews."
In Romania there are only about 10 000, mostly old, Jews left. I reckon they knew what they are since most went to Israel and were not at all assimilated into the mainstream Romanian society. Jews are white, but not a European ethnic group. I thought they were very smart and they would know their Semitic roots. You believe in the "white privilege" crap? Even with decades of affirmative action and now a black president too?

TheForeigner
10-17-2016, 05:25 AM
I reckon that official census reporting of Polish and Russian ancestry is in large part Jewish people. The US census considers Jewishness to be a religion and does not report Jewish ancestry and doesn"t ask about religion either. I wonder what proportion of the 9 million or so Americans with Polish ancestry are Jews.

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 05:28 AM
I reckon that official census reporting of Polish and Russian ancestry is in large part Jewish people. The US census considers Jewishness to be a religion and does not report Jewish ancestry and doesn"t ask about religion either. I wonder what proportion of the 9 million or so Americans with Polish ancestry are Jews.

Maybe. A lot of Jews tend to identify as Polish JEWS. And at sperm donor banks ashkenazis are called Israeli lol (but still as white/caucasian, like other MENAS are). I know this cause of thought about being a sperm donor, but the process is freaky.

Sikeliot
10-17-2016, 05:29 AM
I know many Ashkenazi Jews who think they are fully Middle Eastern and do not realize they have any European ancestry at all. to me, that is just as ignorant.

TheForeigner
10-17-2016, 05:41 AM
According to wiki 5% of Polish Amercans are Jewish by religion and 12% other. The latter may also be largely Jews. A small proportion of German and most of Russian ancestry is also from Jews.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Americans

wvwvw
10-17-2016, 06:19 AM
In Romania there are only about 10 000, mostly old, Jews left. I reckon they knew what they are since most went to Israel and were not at all assimilated into the mainstream Romanian society. Jews are white, but not a European ethnic group. I thought they were very smart and they would know their Semitic roots. You believe in the "white privilege" crap? Even with decades of affirmative action and now a black president too?

But S.Italians is a european group. And you are imagining crooked noses and non white admixture because of some outlier types in the extreme south, who are atypical among s.italians, and these types exist in other countries too. Not even Aksenazis have crooked noses much less S.Italians.

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 06:20 AM
I know many Ashkenazi Jews who think they are fully Middle Eastern and do not realize they have any European ancestry at all. to me, that is just as ignorant.

I don't think they doubt that they have European admixture, but if they know they have Middle Eastern, they tend to identify with it more. They kind of have to at this point, with all these assholes out there denying their connection to israel. The reasoning for that is because they have European admixture, not European ancestry. In reality ashkenazi jews cannot pinpoint where their European ancestry comes from, but they know for a fact that they have semitic jewish ancestry. It is not anyone's place to tell a jew that they are ignorant for acknowledging their MENA ancestry. Europeans seem to want Jews to identify as European only recently. Just 80 years ago, you wanted nothing to do with them at all

http://65.media.tumblr.com/75a283942f944072ff82fd2c747c4a98/tumblr_inline_ndnk1iKlMu1qzloze.jpg
Says "Palestine is calling, Jews are not tolerated in Norway."

If I was a Jew, I would identify as Jewish. Not European, not Middle Eastern. That way if a stupid afrocentrist tried to deny my genetic ties to israel, I could shut them up, but at the same time, nobody can force me to identify as European, because calling myself a jew wouldn't be incorrect.

Sikeliot
10-17-2016, 06:22 AM
In reality ashkenazi jews cannot pinpoint where their European ancestry comes from

Italian

TheForeigner
10-17-2016, 06:23 AM
But S.Italians is a european group. And you are imagining crooked noses and non white admixture because of some outlier types in the extreme south, who are atypical among s.italians, and these types exist in other countries too. Not even Aksenazis have crooked noses much less S.Italians.

The Semitic nose is real and Italians have the Roman nose.

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 06:24 AM
Italian

It's not just italian, it's eastern Europe too, but it's quite mixed. The average jew isn't going to know that either. They should just identify as ashkenazi jews. They are neither European nor middle eastern. But if the comes down to it, they are MENAs

Sikeliot
10-17-2016, 06:24 AM

Many southern Italians have the same nose type as Jews.

Sikeliot
10-17-2016, 06:25 AM
It's not just italian, it's eastern Europe too, but it's quite mixed. The average jew isn't going to know that either. They should just identify as ashkenazi jews. They are neither European nor middle eastern. But if the comes down to it, they are MENAs

Then what about people in Sicily? Most GEDmatch calculators and even FTDNA give me half Ashkenazi.

wvwvw
10-17-2016, 06:25 AM

Totally different noses

Sikeliot
10-17-2016, 06:26 AM
Anyway I have no option to vote, I won't vote the Italian option with Greek grouped in with it when Ashkenazim do not pass in Greece as much as in Italy.

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 06:26 AM
Then what about people in Sicily? Most GEDmatch calculators and even FTDNA give me half Ashkenazi.

The difference is that's components. Components are bullshit, you can glitch them. A real IBD test will show you that Ashkenazis have genetically nothing to do with Sicilians and share more with other Jews and with the actual Europeans that their ancestry comes from.

Sikeliot
10-17-2016, 06:27 AM
Totally different noses

What is it to you? Your people are flat nosed anyway thanks to all of the Slavic (though oddly my Polish side has pointy noses, too. Who knows).

crazyladybutterfly

all ? in your dreams lol

Sikeliot
The difference is that's components. Components are bullshit, you can glitch them. A real IBD test will show you that Ashkenazis have genetically nothing to do with Sicilians and share more with other Jews and with the actual Europeans that their ancestry comes from.

I'd say based on GEDmatch that Sicilians are closer to Jews than to anyone else -- certainly closer to Ashkenazim than to Greece or Spain.

crazyladybutterfly
What is it to you? Your people are flat nosed anyway thanks to all of the Slavic (though oddly my Polish side has pointy noses, too. Who knows).

slavic people dont have flat noses. the ones who do are asians and negroid people lol

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 06:28 AM
all ? in your dreams lol

Like 99.5% do. The amount of swarthy half MENA half euros is proportional to the amount of swarthy ashkenazi.

TheForeigner
10-17-2016, 06:30 AM
Totally different noses
I suppose, but the point is that Greeks, Italians, Jews and Dinaric West Balkaners have prominent noses.

Sikeliot
10-17-2016, 06:31 AM
I suppose, but the point is that Greeks, Italians, Jews and Dinaric West Balkaners have prominent noses.

Greeks are flat featured, further spaced eyes, etc. West Balkans are pointy but in a Caucasus sort of way. Italians and Jews are more similar.

crazyladybutterfly
10-17-2016, 06:32 AM
Like 99.5% do. The amount of swarthy half MENA half euros is proportional to the amount of swarthy ashkenazi.

lol keep dreaming. well if the mena already looks white the kid will look white 99,99% of the time . my mother looks very european and i dont so how come an half mena looks white 99,99% of the time?
the north italian + mena mixed people i know dont look european at all, they look mena some are even darker skinned than many people from their mena part (like an half egyptian girl i know , but her mother looks german lol)
maybe in america it's the white looking ones (or close to that) who marry white people 99,99 of the time?

very mena looking people are ugly to white people eyes

and i have been told that i look like a half finnish half mena guy (middle easterner , not sure form where though) and he did quite resemble me , so rare that he could easily be picked to mock my look ... lol

crazyladybutterfly
10-17-2016, 06:40 AM
http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/isis-syria-fighters.jpeg

to ever think these guys mixed with a scandinavian woman would give a white looking child 99,999% of the time is pure idiocy.

crazyladybutterfly
10-17-2016, 06:44 AM
a slightly dark skinned (but not uberswarthy) asian alpinid person might have easily a white looking baby with an european. but in case of armenoids, syrids, etc those who have traits that dont blend well with the european ones.. the chances to have a white looking child is much lower .. at least not bigger than 50%

crazyladybutterfly
10-17-2016, 06:51 AM
menas that look like this are seen as attractive by europeans
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/5179955f52e843e47d20a1def0b4444d
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fBJVjqtnV0Q/VabdaRCqugI/AAAAAAAAF7M/aq72oPnL6lk/s1600/images-17.jpeg
they have higher chances to find a white person willing to engage in a relationship with them

but those that look like this are seen as ugly

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/eRgdrKzh2Hc/hqdefault.jpg
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu66/AbdullahKhaleeji7/41FatimahSBahrain2.jpg
http://www.zawaj.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/arab-woman-in-hijab.jpg
http://www.drsamrizk.com/images/nose/p19_front1.jpg

this is probably why the majority of the half menas you have seen look white lol

crazyladybutterfly
10-17-2016, 06:57 AM
most of the mena females that i have seen being appreciated by white men dont look very middle easterner

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 07:04 AM
lol keep dreaming. well if the mena already looks white the kid will look white 99,99% of the time . my mother looks very european and i dont so how come an half mena looks white 99,99% of the time?
the north italian + mena mixed people i know dont look european at all, they look mena some are even darker skinned than many people from their mena part (like an half egyptian girl i know , but her mother looks german lol)
maybe in america it's the white looking ones (or close to that) who marry white people 99,99 of the time?

very mena looking people are ugly to white people eyes

and i have been told that i look like a half finnish half mena guy (middle easterner , not sure form where though) and he did quite resemble me , so rare that he could easily be picked to mock my look ... lol

Maybe because I live in America, full of Germanic whites. But maybe if it was a mena mixed with something a bit swarthier, such as a Greek or an Italian, may come out mena ish. But i do know a half Egyptian half Greek girl and shes white af.

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 07:06 AM
menas that look like this are seen as attractive by europeans
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/5179955f52e843e47d20a1def0b4444d
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fBJVjqtnV0Q/VabdaRCqugI/AAAAAAAAF7M/aq72oPnL6lk/s1600/images-17.jpeg
they have higher chances to find a white person willing to engage in a relationship with them

but those that look like this are seen as ugly

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/eRgdrKzh2Hc/hqdefault.jpg
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu66/AbdullahKhaleeji7/41FatimahSBahrain2.jpg
http://www.zawaj.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/arab-woman-in-hijab.jpg
http://www.drsamrizk.com/images/nose/p19_front1.jpg

this is probably why the majority of the half menas you have seen look white lol

In America white people usually like the exotic looking ones from my experience. Maybe not ones with the funny noses, but tanned ones with smaller noses.

crazyladybutterfly
10-17-2016, 07:10 AM
Maybe because I live in America, full of Germanic whites. But maybe if it was a mena mixed with something a bit swarthier, such as a Greek or an Italian, may come out mena ish. But i do know a half Egyptian half Greek girl and shes white af.

so how does that half finnish guy resemble me? i have also seen dark skinned half lebanese half swedish people.
the issue is that it's probably the whitish looking ones who are more accepted by white people :)

if you think about it , menas already have some "european blood" in them but it's rare for them to look white, so how would the son/daughter of the "average mena" look white 99,99% of the time? if we dont take in consideration the very small minority who passes as central european , the less menaish looking ones can pass as exotic people in the southernmost parts of europe and that isnt really looking white.
like it or not but some menaish features are dominant and it happens that such features are seen as highly unattractive to europeans' eyes ... usually the menas that look mena who are engaged with a white person are men , but that's because women care less about appearence and prefer personality .. and guess what? their children look mena. (like an half egyptian girl whose father looks very north african and mother looks irish and guess what? she looks egyptian , a good looking one though)
moreover a north italian isnt even genetically woggy, in appearence you cant find a woggy north italian... and i am using as example those italians who look much northern than their people (and for some reason it's always the northernest looking ones who end up with menas or blacks or asians)

crazyladybutterfly
10-17-2016, 07:14 AM
In America white people usually like the exotic looking ones from my experience. Maybe not ones with the funny noses, but tanned ones with smaller noses.

very few would have kids with them and you're probably talking about your leftist friends

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 07:15 AM
so how does that half finnish guy resemble me? i have also seen dark skinned half lebanese half swedish people.
the issue is that it's probably the whitish looking ones who are more accepted by white people :)

if you think about it , menas already have some "european blood" in them but it's rare for them to look white, at most they pass as exotic people in the southernmost parts of europe and that isnt really looking white. some menaish features are dominant and it happens that such features are seen as highly unattractive to europeans' eyes ... usually the menas that look mena who are engaged with a white person are men , that's because women care less about appearence and prefer personality .. and their children look mena.
moreover a north italian isnt woggy and i am using as example those italians who look much northern than their people (and for some reason it's always the northernest looking ones who end up with menas or blacks or asians)

I'm just speaking out of experience. All of the half mena half euros I know in person look like full white people. I have a few cousins who are half Euro too. Some are half German and others are half Russian. My God brother is also half Iranian jewish and half white american, he looks very white. My half russian half pashtun cousin has the lightest blonde hair, and my half german cousin has light eyes, light hair, etc. I don't have pics of my cousins atm, but I could get some and post them.

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 07:17 AM
very few would have kids with them and you're probably talking about your leftist friends

Not true. It was reported that most Iranian Americans have been marrying non Iranian Americans, and I bet a lot of the marriages are with anglo americans.

crazyladybutterfly
10-17-2016, 07:18 AM
I'm just speaking out of experience. All of the half mena half euros I know in person look like full white people. I have a few cousins who are half Euro too. Some are half German and others are half Russian. My God brother is also half Iranian jewish and half white american, he looks very white. My half russian half pashtun cousin has the lightest blonde hair, and my half german cousin has light eyes, light hair, etc. I don't have pics of my cousins atm, but I could get some and post them.

so what? what counts is how the mena parents look like. i remember a question asked to italian guys in a italian group "would you have a relationship with a middle eastern woman" some said yes , many specified that she must look european or close to that (well one said specifically .. as long as she is "indoeuropean" it shouldnt matter) and since italian men dont have a taste in women different from those of other europeans (globalization of beauty standards) this can easily be applied to other european men , white americans included.

and you said yourself that afghans believe your mothers' tribe has links with russians or bulgars .. that's probably because it isnt so common to look european

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 07:19 AM
so what? what counts is how the mena parents looking like. i remember a question asked to italian guys in a italian group "would you have a relationship with a middle eastern woman" some said say , many specified that she must look european or close to that (well one said specifically .. as long as she is "indoeuropean" it shouldnt matter)

Italians are different than Americans. You're a fairly religious, racist, European country.

crazyladybutterfly
10-17-2016, 07:21 AM
Italians are different than Americans. You're a fairly religious, racist, European country.

the beauty standards are the same :D

crazyladybutterfly
10-17-2016, 07:24 AM
Not true. It was reported that most Iranian Americans have been marrying non Iranian Americans, and I bet a lot of the marriages are with anglo americans.

that iranians are willing to marry white people doesnt surprise me . but i doubt white people would marry someone as "exotic" as ahmedinejad

crazyladybutterfly
10-17-2016, 07:27 AM
and the few menaish looking italians are seen as extremely ugly by italians and are seen as such by british, french , etc people as well. how can middle easterners be different?

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 07:51 AM
the beauty standards are the same :D

No they aren't.

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 07:52 AM
and the few menaish looking italians are seen as extremely ugly by italians and are seen as such by british, french , etc people as well. how can middle easterners be different?

I really like you as a person, but im so sick and tired of you putting mena women down. Fuck whatever your racist country thinks about them, that doesn't mean everyone thinks that.

crazyladybutterfly
10-17-2016, 07:53 AM
I really like you as a person, but im so sick and tired of you putting mena women down. Fuck whatever your racist country thinks about them, that doesn't mean everyone thinks that.

i am not putting them down, i am simply saying that europeans tend to be more attracted by people similar to them (like other ethnicities do) . i didnt say they re objectively ugly. i some of the women used as an example are average looking to my eyes.

italians are probably among the least racist of europeans. they are not at the same level of swedish or british people but they re surely much less racist than iberians and east europeans. unlike the iberians who take the immigrants and send them back to morocco (despite knowing how they re treated by moroccan authorities and how the moroccans take them and leave them in the desert causing an atrocious death to many of these poor souls) italians help them despite the economic difficulties (obviously they would rather not have them at all , and some would even prefer having them soaking in the sea. but who would have foreigners in his country while he cant find a job and the services he receives from the state are lame?)

Myanthropologies
10-17-2016, 07:56 AM
i am not putting them down, i am simply saying that europeans tend to be more attracted by people similar to them (like other ethnicities do) . i didnt say they re objectively ugly. i some of the women used as an example by me are average looking to my eyes

No, you said mena people themselves probably view them as ugly when they don't. You constantly call mena people funny and deformed looking. It's just so rude.

crazyladybutterfly
10-17-2016, 08:07 AM
No, you said mena people themselves probably view them as ugly when they don't. You constantly call mena people funny and deformed looking. It's just so rude.

dont put words in my mouth. i never said menas look deformed . i only said that people with hooked noses look deformed , and hooked noses (regardless of what anthrotards think) is present among both europeans and menas, it just happens to be more common among the latter (making them on average less attractive for the presence of these people) but the majority of menas dont have it anyway

Myanthropologies
10-18-2016, 11:11 AM
bump

OreoMan
11-08-2021, 10:56 AM

Don't moan now sir, all of that trash you were spewing about Africans, and afro-centric people. It's funny how life comes full-circle sometimes. God surely is great.

KuakoVoice
05-01-2022, 10:07 PM

Unfortunately some are yes.Especially ones with a non Jewish European parent.I believe they want to assimilate as simple "White Americans",which IMO is a slap in the face to their ancestors who were persecuted for NOT being "White Europeans".Basically they are Jewish Sell Outs or Uncle Schlomos hiding behind "Whiteness".

KuakoVoice
05-01-2022, 11:29 PM
Italian

As well as Hellenic/Ancient Greek ancestry,many of us also have Slavic and Balkan admixture.I know for a fact that I do and so does my Transylvanian Ashkenazi family.

Skye
05-02-2022, 06:23 AM
A mix of all different European regions, though to me, more Eastern or Central European or Southern/Southeastern European. Obviously, some may look stereotypical Jewish/Near Eastern.