JohnSmith
10-18-2016, 02:12 AM
http://dailyhellas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/maxresdefault-1.jpg

JohnSmith
10-18-2016, 03:45 AM
anyone

Constantine13
10-18-2016, 04:33 AM
Nordic + Cro-Mag. Sort of looks NW Euro.

decordoba
10-18-2016, 04:39 AM
Southeast European - Slavic - (maybe Bulgarian descedant)

Subnordid

Crn Volk
10-18-2016, 04:43 AM
Southeast European - Slavic - (maybe Bulgarian descedant)

Subnordid

She was born in Salonika so most probably some Slavic ancestry. Hot BTW...

Queen B
10-18-2016, 06:04 AM
Her father was a Konstantinopolitan Greek.
Her mother was an Asia Minor Greek.
No Slavic whatsover.

kiko
10-18-2016, 06:20 AM
Nordo-Cromagnid

decordoba
10-18-2016, 06:27 AM
Her father was a Konstantinopolitan Greek.
Her mother was an Asia Minor Greek.
No Slavic whatsover.

You can be sure about her ancestry for 2 or 3 generations, but you dont know anything about her ancestry more than 100 years ago.

The same problem is present in every mix-population with immigration - you can classify his/her phenotype - but you dont know his/her ancestry according to autosomal DNA similarity to other populations.

Off topic - A Japanese woman said to me: "Don't argue me!" And she got upset ;)

catgeorge
10-18-2016, 06:57 AM
I2 and R1a was in the Balkans before the Slavic migrations. I bet my left nut she doesnt have the Slavic subclade.

Constantine13
10-18-2016, 04:11 PM
Her features--deep eye sockets, protruding cheekbones, upside-down triangle face, and pointed nose--are way too sharp to be Slavic.

Arvanite/Albanian at best. Most likely recombination of ancient Greek/Thracian elements.

Newsboy
10-18-2016, 04:48 PM
Nordic + Cro-Mag. Sort of looks NW Euro.

Agreed

JohnSmith
10-18-2016, 11:40 PM
Honestly Slavs and Greek are not that much different. Especially southern Slavs. She is Greek.

JohnSmith
02-23-2017, 10:37 PM
bump

JohnSmith
04-08-2017, 03:21 AM
bump

Sikeliot
04-08-2017, 03:45 AM
Honestly Slavs and Greek are not that much different. Especially southern Slavs. She is Greek.

Southern Slavs and Greeks are both of native Balkan origins, but actual Slavic DNA from the northeast does exist too. I think it is closer to that of Poles than to Russians.

Laberia
04-08-2017, 11:00 AM
You can be sure about her ancestry for 2 or 3 generations, but you dont know anything about her ancestry more than 100 years ago.

The same problem is present in every mix-population with immigration - you can classify his/her phenotype - but you dont know his/her ancestry according to autosomal DNA similarity to other populations.

Off topic - A Japanese woman said to me: "Don't argue me!" And she got upset ;)

Especially when we speak about people who are originary from Asia Minor.
BTW, to me she don't look slavic and she can pass in Albania.

JohnSmith
04-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Especially when we speak about people who are originary from Asia Minor.
BTW, to me she don't look slavic and she can pass in Albania.

Greeks lived in Asia minor for a centuries.

Laberia
04-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Greeks lived in Asia minor for a centuries.

Do you realise that the ancient greeks were a small nation compared with the other big nations of antiquity? Absolutely they were genius, but small. And their genetic influence is insignificant.
From the other side the Asia Minor was during all history one of the most biggest crossroads in human history. You can speak about hellenised populations. It's like calling the inhabitants of today New York, English people.

JohnSmith
04-08-2017, 04:11 PM
Do you realise that the ancient greeks were a small nation compared with the other big nations of antiquity? Absolutely they were genius, but small. And their genetic influence is insignificant.
From the other side the Asia Minor was during all history one of the most biggest crossroads in human history. You can speak about hellenised populations. It's like calling the inhabitants of today New York English people.

Greeks like many other Balkan types are klanish people that tend to marry and stay within their own group. I have no reason to believe any different with Kaili

Laberia
04-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Greeks like many other Balkan types are klanish people that tend to marry and stay within their own group. I have no reason to believe any different with Kaili

Are you related with Balkans? Do you have any ancestry from the region, because you can pass as southern Albanian, maybe mixed with vlach.

JohnSmith
04-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Are you related with Balkans? Do you have any ancestry from the region, because you can pass as southern Albanian, maybe mixed with vlach.

I have some distant Greek Ancestry but I am overall Western European, British and Italian.

Laberia
04-08-2017, 04:38 PM
I have some distant Greek Ancestry but I am overall Western European, British and Italian.

Aha, now i see better. Lol.

JohnSmith
04-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Aha, now i see better. Lol.

I actually think there are some similarities between Greeks and Albanians but many will not admit it. There languages are also somewhat related from what I can, even though many will not admit it.

Laberia
04-08-2017, 04:50 PM
I actually think there are some similarities between Greeks and Albanians but many will not admit it. There languages are also somewhat related from what I can, even though many will not admit it.

You can pass unnoticed here in South, especially now that you changed the photo in your avatar. Of course there are similarities between Albanians and Greeks. Only in the last 27 years, around one million of Albanians have emigrate and settle in Greece, around 10% of the present population of Greece. This only in less then 30 years and in 3.000 years?
About the language there are many theories, there are also greek and albanians who support this similarities but until serious scholars don't support this theories, my opinion is that this are only speculations. Personally i think that there are a couple of words who are interesting, but this is only my personal opinion.

JohnSmith
04-08-2017, 04:52 PM
You can pass unnoticed here in South, especially now that you changed the photo in your avatar. Of course there are similarities between Albanians and Greeks. Only in the last 27 years, around one million of Albanians have emigrate and settle in Greece, around 10% of the present population of Greece. This only in less then 30 years and in 3.000 years?
About the language there are many theories, there are also greek and albanians who support this similarities but until serious scholars don't support this theories, my opinion is that this are only speculations. Personally i think that there are a couple of words who are interesting, but this is only my personal opinion.

I do not know enough about the subject obviously but they are in the general area of Europe.