PDA

View Full Version : Asylum seekers to Norway more than doubled

Dr. van Winkle
01-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Asylum seekers to Norway more than doubled

January 23, 2009 | Link (http://www.denmarkblogs.net/news/asylum-seekers-to-norway-more-than-doubled/)

The Norwegian Immigration Directorate (UDI) announced Friday that the number of asylum seekers to Norway was more than double from 2007 to 2008.

As many as 14,431 persons applied for asylum in Norway in 2008. "This is an increase of 120 percent from the previous year but lower than in the early 2000s, when nearly 18,000 applied for asylum. The increase was especially higher for unaccompanied minors," said the UDI in a statement.

Among them, 73 percent of the asylum seekers were men, and 48 percent, almost 7,000 people, were between the age of 18 and 29, the statement added.

The UDI also pointed out that 1,374 people who claimed to be unaccompanied minors, applied for asylum in Norway last year. That represents an increase of 240 percent from 2007. Of all the asylum seekers claiming to be unaccompanied minors, 74 percent came from Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia and Eritrea.

"Norway was one of several European countries that experienced a significant increase in the number of asylum seekers in 2008," said UDI Director General Ida Borresen in the statement.

Heimmacht
01-30-2009, 04:33 PM
So Norway is becoming the Netherlands part 2,.. I wish there was purity to be found at least SOMEWHERE in Europa..

Vargtand
01-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Haha I read the headline and immediately thought of Mental asylums, well seeing as it is Norway one never knows :P

What can I say, I strongly oppose immigration in general and see no difference here, close of the borders would be wiser than to let them in.

MarcvSS
01-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Very disturbing, sickening and ofcourse absurd...

Why is it that all these pigs want to live in Europe? Our economy is smashed and most countrys are overpopulated...

I don't get it...

One solution, RaHoWa the final solution.